View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 35.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

3 8.82%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 23.53%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 29.41%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.59%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.65%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 26.47%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 35.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1226 of 1247 FirstFirst ... 226726112611761216122412251226122712281236 ... LastLast
Results 49,001 to 49,040 of 49861
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    The Roosevelt bridge across Lake Texoma is one that i commonly cross going fishing or whatever and is about 5000' long. There have been accidents on it before but todays was a doozy. Apparently, a lil car went into the oncoming traffic lane in front of a semi and the semi jumped the car and went over/through the guardrail and into the lake. There was little left of the car and the truck and trailer are under 60-80 feet of water.

I know that people having head on collisions has been a topic on here unfortunately over the last week or two. Obviously nobody survived this crash and these types of wrecks are so avoidable other than a mechanical failure.

I'm certainly not innocent of getting distracted while driving so I am typing this to get it in my brain as much as saying it to any of you but if you are driving, drive. The other crap can wait till later.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wow

Thats sad
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Did we just loose rex?
    In a word, Yes.

Reread his post above. I didn't get a PM, but I think he's taking a vacation....from us.

I miss him already....
    (Well, I'm takin' my time) I'm just movin' along
    You'll forget about me after I've been gone
    (And I take what I find) I don't want no more It's just outside of your front door

Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    In a word, Yes.

Reread his post above. I didn't get a PM, but I think he's taking a vacation....from us.

I miss him already....
    Ah, yup.
    break, fix, repeat

Hope it wasn't anything we (I) did

Member #
    I think he's taking a vacation....from us.
    Again, just my thoughts but i don't think this is correct.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Images
    In a word, Yes.

I miss him already....

Thats how i saw it

Gnarly wreck dood
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Gnarly wreck dood
    I wanna know how they are going to recover the semi.

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I wanna know how they are going to recover the semi.
    How far from the boat ramp?

Member #
    How far from the boat ramp?
    Closest ramp that i know of is probably 3 or 4 miles from there maybe?

Member #
    Maybe they can do like on mythbusters and fill it with ping pong balls to float it, lol.

Member #
    Images
    Any idea what the truck was hauling?

I would attach some air bladders to it and bring it to the surface that way, then tow it to a boat ramp or someplace they can get to it with a crane

Member #
    Any idea what the truck was hauling?
    Not yet. I haven't heard if divers had gone down yet.

Member #
    I would attach some air bladders to it and bring it to the surface that way, then tow it to a boat ramp or someplace they can get to it with a crane
    I would imagine that is going to be pretty close to what will happen.

Member #
    Happy fridee!

Member #
    John should be happy that days are getting shorter although i still don't get why someone wants it to be dark all of the time. To each his own i guess.

TGIF, boys

Member #
    Images
    I keep toying with the idea to sell my Duramax in favor of a 1/2 ton gasser because the 'max is way more truck than I'll need any more. Just a glance at CL, Chevys are a fraction the number of truck brands being resold. Appears dodge and ford owners quicker to let theirs go? or does Chevy really only sell about 1 for every 4-6 (rough impression from CL) of the other brands?

Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    I keep toying with the idea to sell my Duramax in favor of a 1/2 ton gasser because the 'max is way more truck than I'll need any more. Just a glance at CL, Chevys are a fraction the number of truck brands being resold. Appears dodge and ford owners quicker to let theirs go? or does Chevy really only sell about 1 for every 4-6 (rough impression from CL) of the other brands?
    I would be curious to see the production statistics but anecdotally I see very few Duramax trucks compared to gassers

Member #
    Images
    I only glanced at the Springs area. I realize may be different that Denver area but still. Of the Chevys, it looked like 2/3 were Duramax, and more than half were lifted trucks.

I only glanced at the Springs area. I realize may be different that Denver area but still. Of the Chevys, it looked like 2/3 were Duramax, and more than half were lifted trucks.
    ah, I misread your original statement about brands. You don't need a fullsize for to tow your camper in the mountains comfortably?

Member #
    Images
    It's a really light weight 23' camper that any 1/2 ton would tow with ease.

It's a really light weight 23' camper that any 1/2 ton would tow with ease.
    gotcha

I've been thinking I could even get away with a 1/2 ton for towing the Tacoma, but the mountains would suck since the truck + trailer + camp gear would probably put it right at the capacity

Member #
    Images
    Did we just loose rex?

Cc, im sorry to see they people steal from you

Tacotoy,

Is the money for that position enough to be abke to live on in the denver area?
    I wouldn't feel comfortable paying someone with your experience what we are looking for. But I might know of something if you are cool being an installer/worker that they would definitely pay for your experience.
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Images
    I tried towing the YJ on a 16' car hauler with a 1/2T gasser (95 Chevy Z71)...it sucked! Truck/engine was in great condition but that much weight is just too much for it out here with the elevation power reduction. It only gets worse as it gets higher and steeper. The 3/4 diesel was always my minimum for any level of comfort.

Obviously everyone has differing opinions but I cringe when I know I'm beating the shit outta something making it do more than reasonable.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I would be curious to see the production statistics but anecdotally I see very few Duramax trucks compared to gassers
    If you jump to a 3/4 ton / 2500 then that ratio drops quite a bit.

In my experience, I would get the 3/4 ton all over again if given the option. For the additional engine options, transmission options and frames, you really can't beat what that switch gives you with any MFG.

That said, here are the inherent perks and downfalls for each of the big 3 in that 3/4 category.

GM - Torsion suspension and behind the times interiors. Allison transmission
    Ford - Random engine issues depending on what generation, dated older generation interiors, automatic transmission issues. Middle of the road, no real perks aside from newer interiors and finishes
    Dodge - Automatic transmissions and fanboi pricing. Cummins motors and massive aftermarked options.

Member #
    Images

I would just hang on to it.... it might be more than you need, but at the end of the day, isn't it nice to not need more unless you need a semi?

I get the increased maintenance, I drive 30k miles a year at a minimum. But I also enjoy all of the perks of having the power when I need it, the exhaust brake at a moments notice, and the bed capacity to forget that I left a bunch of stuff in the back. Work might pay for fuel, but I can't rationalize giving that up for something that would struggle if i needed to go pick up a bobcat on a trailer at a moments notice for a random project.

Member #
    Images
    I don't even drive it 3k miles a year anymore. And those miles are due to my perceived need to keep running it on occasion so it doesn't rot from sitting idle for so long. I'm thinking a newer gasser would do better for driving more frequently going to town or small trips out of town.

I tried towing the YJ on a 16' car hauler with a 1/2T gasser (95 Chevy Z71)...it sucked! Truck/engine was in great condition but that much weight is just too much for it out here with the elevation power reduction. It only gets worse as it gets higher and steeper. The 3/4 diesel was always my minimum for any level of comfort.

Obviously everyone has differing opinions but I cringe when I know I'm beating the shit outta something making it do more than reasonable.
    Nah, that sounds reasonable. My uncle's 6.0l Silverado isn't too happy towing a 24ft enclosed trailer full of audio equipment. Plus diesels are cooler

The freaking thought of having to pay taxes/emissions/insurance on 3 vehicles is enough of an inconvenience to make getting rid of the car for a DD truck reasonable lol

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Nah, that sounds reasonable. My uncle's 6.0l Silverado isn't too happy towing a 24ft enclosed trailer full of audio equipment. Plus diesels are cooler
    The 6.0 is one of the worst engines Chevy has ever built. My company truck has one and I am disappointed with it on so many levels. My 5.3 had way more balls and used much less fuel doing it. I tow Moderate to ridiculous loads with it. It doesn’t do well with any of them.

Member #
    Images
    My poor tundra drags ao much weight all the time. Then i put the trailer and the jeep behind it and go up and down hills. Im always pushing it

Fires near by

Member #
    Looks like cc is going to get some thunder boomers soon. A really long line of t storms heading his way.
    04 LWB LJ 4.0L 42RLE 2.5" OME lift 1" body lift 35" KOs
    91 SWB MJ 4.0L AX-15 4:1NP-231 D30 D44a 6" tomken 32" KM2s
    I'm A Man...I'm slow to Change...I will eventually...I Guess.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Fires near by
    That's no bueno. How close is close?

Too far too worry, they got the air tankers in and knocked it down pretty quick

I have a considerable fire break between me and the fire, not worried at all. A little smokey though

Member #
    In a word, Yes.

I miss him already....
    Nothin wrong with a little vaca. It dose a body good...
    2 OF THE VOICES IN MY HEAD SAY THE WORLD IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE. THE THIRD KEEPS YELLING PULL THE TRIGGER.

EVERY TIME YOU KEEP YOURE MOUTH SHUT SO YOU DONT OFFEND SOMEONE YOU LOSE A LITTLE PEACE OF YOURE 1ST AMENDMENT RIGHTS !!!!!

My poor tundra drags ao much weight all the time. Then i put the trailer and the jeep behind it and go up and down hills. Im always pushing it
    That thing is tough! Youll be hitting 400k in no time