View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

13 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 10.26%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 20.51%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

11 28.21%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

8 20.51%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 15.38%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 23.08%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

13 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1907 of 1916 FirstFirst ... 907140718071857189719051906190719081909 ... LastLast
Results 76,241 to 76,280 of 76618
    Monday #4.

Tomorrow may or may not be Friday. We'll see.
    Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Monday #4.

Tomorrow may or may not be Friday. We'll see.
    Why do we even continue if we cant count on fridee to be where fridee is supposed to be?
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    looks to be 90ish on this Friday eve .... cooler tomorrow

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I wouldn't think he would be a patient if bud had done it.
    The potential victim needs to reassess their caliber of choice.

Loons
    Life can only be lived fully when it's lived outside of fear. Pain hurts, but the fear of pain paralyzes.

Quote Originally Posted by R0CKET View Post
    Loons

He's alive!

Today may or may not be Friday.

I'm taking a wait and see approach.

Member #
    Today may or may not be Friday.

I'm taking a wait and see approach.
    Its fridee whether or not it wants to be.

Member #
    brrrr .... 46 now headed to 75ish

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    brrrr .... 46 now
    Thats some booshat rat thar.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Thats some booshat rat thar.
    you ain't kidding ... I stepped out on the back patio barefoot this morning to make a couple of phone calls since other people in the house were still in bed ...

... I was not ready for that.

Member #
    So I don't remember if I've mentioned the mongrel.

Jodi and the boys conspired a little over a year ago to get a Goober-dawg ... that's what I call him, or Deputydawg

... Chocolate (looks black to me) and white Havanese due to the boys' allergies. That breed is supposed to not bark much, but he's defective. The grooming didn't really happen the first year, so he got a short haircut that it starting to grow back out.... I was given the "puppy hair" excuse...

I love dogs in general, but didn't really want another one ... Our place is not fenced for a dog. I have zero responsibility for him. As predicted, he's a PITA and they all argue on who has to take him out .... Jodi will not enforce them helping with picking up the poop, so I guess she's decided it will be solely her job.

.... definitely not my idea of dog ownership for the boys... the mongrel is pretty mobile as he goes to her office everyday, sometimes football games and practices, etc.

.... Stoopid Gooberdawg.

Member #
    I've also refused to be referred to as "dad" to Oreo, aka Gooberdawg. I'm simply known as the "big guy" who is the one he seeks out the most when he wants to play since the boys are often on their phones/ipads/games, etc.

Member #
    Images
    So I don't remember if I've mentioned the mongrel.

Jodi and the boys conspired a little over a year ago to get a Goober-dawg ... that's what I call him, or Deputydawg

... Chocolate (looks black to me) and white Havanese due to the boys' allergies. That breed is supposed to not bark much, but he's defective. The grooming didn't really happen the first year, so he got a short haircut that it starting to grow back out.... I was given the "puppy hair" excuse...

I love dogs in general, but didn't really want another one ... Our place is not fenced for a dog. I have zero responsibility for him. As predicted, he's a PITA and they all argue on who has to take him out .... Jodi will not enforce them helping with picking up the poop, so I guess she's decided it will be solely her job.

.... definitely not my idea of dog ownership for the boys... the mongrel is pretty mobile as he goes to her office everyday, sometimes football games and practices, etc.

.... Stoopid Gooberdawg.
    UGHHHHH I completely understand this. About a month ago the 13 year old came to us that she wanted to get a dog, a friend was selling puppies as they were struggling for money. She would pay to buy the dog and take care of it and yada. I told her that my concern was that it was way more responsibility than she thought it was, and that i wasn't interested in taking care of said dog. The dog is small enough that I have started praying that a hawk or eagle sees it in the yard and gets hungry..... 1 month in, 12-15 years to go.....
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    UGHHHHH I completely understand this. About a month ago the 13 year old came to us that she wanted to get a dog, a friend was selling puppies as they were struggling for money. She would pay to buy the dog and take care of it and yada. I told her that my concern was that it was way more responsibility than she thought it was, and that i wasn't interested in taking care of said dog. The dog is small enough that I have started praying that a hawk or eagle sees it in the yard and gets hungry..... 1 month in, 12-15 years to go.....
    Yeah, I had the same hopes and dreams of a Hawk swooping in and taking the mongrel. The average Hawk can carry a 3-lb animal, so my hopes were squandered fairly quickly even though Gooberdawg still is small and doesn't way very much, but more than that.

Court also has a Russian tortoise that they take outside at times .... His name is Duke. I'm more worried about him getting taken by a bird.

They get mad at me when I joke how Duke could kick Oreo's ass. Duke isn't smart, but I don't call him GooberTurtle.

Member #
    Even though I'm just stirring the pot, I'm quite sure we are the only household on the planet to discuss a turtle kicking a dog's ass.

Member #
    Even though I'm just stirring the pot, I'm quite sure we are the only household on the planet to discuss a turtle kicking a dog's ass.
    Most likely.

You're a half bubble off plumb, anyway.

Member #
    You're a half bubble off plumb, anyway.

That's way closer than most people put me at ....

Sounds about right:

The Case: Three male offspring, aged 9–14 years, of one of the authors (M.B.) were observed to experience visual problems profound enough to imply functional blindness. The visual deficit was evident on almost every occasion when any one of the children of this physician went to the refrigerator and opened the door. The acute visual problem encountered was noted to be part of a consistent behavior pattern, wherein a few seconds after the fridge door was opened a cry would be heard from the affected child of “Mum, where's the milk [or any other item being sought]?” This vocalization was made without regard to the physician's distance from the fridge or engagement in any other activity. Shouted directions as to the location of the object only occasionally led to it becoming visible. Even with calm and constructive maternal encouragement and direction the desired object typically would remain unseen until the mother-physician attended the fridge-side and physically identified the precise location of the item.

This behavior was noted only sporadically among the female members of the household, but was unremitting among the males. Attempts at patient empowerment through counseling — “Surely someone of your age can find the ...” — rarely led to success, and diagnostic accusations such as “Are you blind?” appeared to aggravate the condition, possibly through subliminal trauma to the fragile male psyche.

A literature review using the search terms “blindness,” “sightlessness,” “loss of sight,” “refrigerator,” “Frigidaire” and “hereditary difficulty” for the years 1994–2004 yielded no case reports or genome-mapping references to refrigerator/fridge blindness in children or adults. We believe therefore that we report a previously undescribed condition.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pm...es/PMC1316179/

Member #
    ^^^ definitely deeper content than a turtle/dog fight.

Member #
    Jodi and DeputyDawg going to get Court from fewtsball practice now.

Member #
    Puh-sketti with a good meat sauce and garlic bread not the worst thing in the world.

Member #
    Puh-sketti with a good meat sauce and garlic bread not the worst thing in the world.
    Its pretty yummy as long as the garlic bread doesnt have too much butter.

this UCF/Louisville game has been good
    " A mans rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" Fredrick Douglass
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    Sadurdee.

Member #
    Although the yard is still green, its not growing very fast anymore so i think maybe i can pass on mowing it this weekend....probably not. Ill end up mowing then either shooting or fishing. I kinda wanna go shoot the .22 comp guns and see how fast i can plink targets.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    this UCF/Louisville game has been good
    I forgot to look for football on Friday night

Member #
    looks to be 90 today which will make it hot on the football field for 3 hours

Member #
    hungries are invading .... maybe time for some leftover puh-sketti.

Member #
    puh-sketti has been consumed ... 2.5 hours from going to fewtsball

already home from 2 games

Member #
    I just got home from shooting but i didnt blow anything up or stuff like that. I spent the majority of the time dialing in the Valquartsen and i gotter done to the best of my ability which is limited by my eyesight.

Anywho, here is my last target with it. 15 rounds at 15 yards. The gun is more capable than i am im sure.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Member #
    Its a 1" red bullseye btw.

Im so blind that i cant see it while shooting so i aim for what looks to be the center of the target.

Getting old sucks but it todays world, i think im better off than young uns. At least i wont have to see the complete crumble hopefully.

Member #
    Court's football team squeaked out a win today .... 82-0...

the official score will be recorded as 40-0 ... I felt bad for their QB .... at least 5 pick 6's

It was 42-0 at the half and then they count plays twice to get the game over quicker ... It just stops being fun for anyone at some point.

Lots of great feetsball today

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Lots of great feetsball today
    A round of back lives matter and ghey pride for everyone!

Sunday.

Which means tomorrow is Monday again.

It's like Groundhog day all over again.

Member #
    Sunday.

Which means tomorrow is Monday again.

It's like Groundhog day all over again.
    You aren't supposed to mention mundee till later this evening. Now i dont even want to sundee.

Member #
    Church then something. I built enchiladas yesterday evening so im fixin' to have some of them for breakfast. I reckon kayak fishing will be on the agenda since i havent done that in a while.