View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.11%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.22%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 27.78%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 19.44%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 16.67%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.00%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

13 36.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1685 of 1717 FirstFirst ... 6851185158516351675168316841685168616871695 ... LastLast
Results 67,361 to 67,400 of 68676
    Member #
    20° cooler tomorrow and hump day then another 10° cooler for thurzdee and fridee.

Come on sweet, sweet summahtime?
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    20° cooler tomorrow and hump day then another 10° cooler for thurzdee and fridee.

Come on sweet, sweet summahtime?
    Yes please... the sooner the better ....

Possible snews tonight and again on Weds.

snowing sideways at about 60mph right now
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Snowing here too, just not that hard. Been snowing for about 30 minutes but nothing is sticking yet. And the flakes are tiny.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    so, the job adventure update. I would respond to both Rex and Aaron, but I am too lazy to go back and find their respective questions at this point lol.

I put my notice in at my review, I essentially blindsided them with that, so that was a fun conversation to muddle through. I had originally prepared a whole 3 page "resignation" about what drove me to that point and what they should consider to address in the upcoming future, but opted instead for the "we are both moving in different directions" resignation. The owner pushed and asked what that meant and I explained that the company seemed to be pulling more away from the work that I was hired to bring in, and while everything was great last year, we were essentially needing a hail storm this year without branching out to more cyclical work like I was recommending. There was a strange look between the owner and the GM, clearly that path was a surprise to the owner. They opted to keep me on for the 2 weeks to "transition" my duties and responsibilities. The following day was the snowstorm on Friday that had them close the office, so nothing really happened. I had a few meetings last week to help them understand what exactly I do, and all of my regular activities since I had put the whole program together for them, but the kicker was Wednesday last week, when one of my subs forwarded me an email chain that I wasn't a part of, that a PM that I had hired now apparently had my title as his email signature. I wish the company the best, but the guy that they picked was one that I had hired because they wouldn't give me the budget to get a PM at the level I wanted, so he didn't have much experience with things. I am sure he will do great to follow whatever path they want him to, but it will be an interesting road for them the next few months with him in charge of the division.

I am going to work for a sign manufacturer, they make just about anything sign related that you can think of, and provide them direct to the client or contractor usually. They have 2 facilities in cali, 1 in montrose, and one that they just bought in lakewood. It is something somewhat unique and different, and with my background it creates a unique fit as I can help them better navigate the larger contractors that they interact with.

I had another offer to stay more in the insurance/restoration industry. But I am just not sure about staying in it at this point.
    Best of luck and skill to you with the new adventure! I may have missed it, but when to you start?

Member #
    Images
    Looking at purchasing a new air compressor for the shop. Something with a little more cfm than my current setup. My current setup isn't bad at all, 5hp 80 gal that does about 15 scfm @ 90 psi. But it is over 10 years old and has been worked hard every year and probably isn't putting that much out anymore. Anywho, will probably replace with close to the same but something with a little more scfm. But the question remains, what to do with the old compressor?

Go through the hassle of selling for a couple hundred bucks? Keep and plumb 2 compressors into my current setup? Or keep and pull the components off of the old one and plumb the tank into my current setup for more capacity?

Selling sounds great, but then comes dealing with the general idiotic public.

2 compressors intrigues me as I could double the cfm and capacity with different pressure switches and a couple of check valves. But seems like a waste of space for something that really isn't needed. Plus it would take some time for me to plumb, and time is short these days.

And more capacity sounds great, but I worry about killing the new motor and pump faster than normal due to them having to run longer during normal cycles. Plus, this option seems silly when I could plumb in the working compressor and gain the advantages of that. Only thing it would save is running another 220v line and breaker.
    Last edited by Aaron; February 17th, 2020 at 08:18 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    I hope those lil bass turds arent heading SE at 60 mph.

Member #
    Wednesday over Friday #1 upcoming.
    Wandering in the wilderness.

Member #
    68* here going to be 81ish tomorrow.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Selling sounds great, but then comes dealing with the general idiotic public.
    I ain't gotz no monies, so you might avoid that pitfall.....

Member #
    I hope those lil bass turds arent heading SE at 60 mph.
    Dunno about velocity, but I gotz a fan outside blowing them SE ... I hope they stack up on your driveway, but don't think they'll get past Aurora or Parker....

The snews won't make it that far, but at least the stalker will have a clear driveway to park in when she comes over with your Valentines gift and to lay with you and kiss you

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Dunno about velocity, but I gotz a fan outside blowing them SE ... I hope they stack up on your driveway, but don't think they'll get past Aurora or Parker....

The snews won't make it that far, but at least the stalker will have a clear driveway to park in when she comes over with your Valentines gift and to lay with you and kiss you

Member #
    Toozdee.

Member #
    The cold front hit a couple hours ago. Its currently 50° but that will probably be todays high.

Member #
    Images
    Y’all been busy.

Member #
    Mernin

Member #
    Images
    Hullo. Frankensnowblower hit a snag. Ariens 33" front end has a 1" longer axle shaft than the Husky. I gotta remount the whole auger 1" forward. That's not gonna happen right now, so I'm basically putting the Husky back together with a 12hp motor instead o' 10. I'm kinda disappointed, but I'll get it done eventually and it'll be usable until then. First, I have to rebuild a shower, do a clutch on a Ford Focus, and something else that I'm forgetting but I'm sure my wife will remind me.
    Lunatic #15
    "A government big enough to give you a righteous buzz is also big enough to harsh your mellow." -Zapp
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Member #
    Need to get my snowblower fixed .... Trying to squeak through the rest of the season without it and tackle it in the fall

Member #
    Nuther day with kids out of school

Member #
    Images
    Nuther day with kids out of school
    really?? did i miss the snow somewhere?
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Images
    My little 5hp 22" snowblower has a torched wudruff key in the gearbox. Luckily, it's creating enough friction to still work if I take it easy on it. I'm looking at hand shoveling 1357 ft of road if I don't keep something running.

Member #
    really?? did i miss the snow somewhere?
    No, Cherry Creek decided to have an in-service day off following Prez-o-dents day that made for a 4-day weekend.... It surprised me given the snow days/delays so far.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave McDonald View Post
    My little 5hp 22" snowblower has a torched wudruff key in the gearbox. Luckily, it's creating enough friction to still work if I take it easy on it. I'm looking at hand shoveling 1357 ft of road if I don't keep something running.
    You definitely have significant motivation to keep something running

Member #
    Is it still 2zday?

I didnt go to church this eve because i didnt want to deal with the stalker and the little something she got me for valentines day which i have avoided so far but she caught me after church this morning and wanted to come over to give it to me. I told her i had plans all afternoon so she asked if she could come over after evening church and i just told her i would let her know but i never did so now she is texting wanting to know if she can just come over and lay by me and kiss me.

I dont know how to get rid of this chick. She is actually quite hot but totally insane. Either way, i dont want to break her but i guess im gonna have to. We have never been "a couple" but even at that, i have broke up with her 3 times as in, i am never going to be what you want me to be so you need to move along and find somebody else but it just doesnt stick because she keeps thinking that she can fix me. According to her, i have commitment phobia and she knows how to fix it because she has read about it on the interwebby.
    I see you've met crazy Tammi.
    You're welcome. :Flipoff2:
    Life can only be lived fully when it's lived outside of fear. Pain hurts, but the fear of pain paralyzes.

Member #
    There is that.... I guess i left out the bonus adventure. As it currently stands, they are figuring out how to reverse it, per the IRS, they have to provide a bunch of proof regarding notification of bonus amounts and such. I am happy to give them whatever back, but I am not going to take an epic tax hit because of their accounting error. Pretty much they don't bring this issue up anymore, as I am sure that someone told them that they should probably send commission statements and bonus statements prior or with said stuff...

I look forward to the new gig, insurance used to be amazing, when new starts were horrible. Now, insurance work is the same as the rest, and wants to nickel and dime, and then expect quality service in return. I like the old school, everyone makes money, when something doesn't go quite right, there is an understanding of who will actually own it... The insurance deal could make me a bunch of money, but I remember a time years ago when I went drinking/biking with the wife. I got called because of location and had to ride my bike home as quick as possible to go to the loss at like 12AM. I don't miss that at all.....
    I really hope the new gig provides some satisfaction for you...

I haven't posted this yet, but had a (friend-of-friend) client that burned me for about $8K last month ... They became so contentious and shady I somewhat saw it coming as we approached their next payment. Part of me was just glad to part ways with them, but my family could've really used the money owed to me. They sure have an absolutely badass kitchen that I designed.

.... I've seriously contemplated taking a job somewhere after one of the most miserable experiences I've had in years....

I knew these people and they sought me out and convinced me to handle their remodel .... It pisses me off that I let them slide past my radar of who I work with.

Member #

Member #

I haven't posted this yet, but had a (friend-of-friend) client that burned me for about $8K last month ... They became so contentious and shady I somewhat saw it coming as we approached their next payment. Part of me was just glad to part ways with them, but my family could've really used the money owed to me. They sure have an absolutely badass kitchen that I designed.

.... I've seriously contemplated taking a job somewhere after one of the most miserable experiences I've had in years....

I knew these people and they sought me out and convinced me to handle their remodel .... It pisses me off that I let them slide past my radar of who I work with.
    I dont think i would be letting that slide. There is no way to go after them?

If you don't mind me pontificating, this gif is perfect for your other post about the lousy client - you have to know when to let go.

ETA: You have been very blessed in your flipping and remodeling. Something like this was bound to happen eventually.
    Last edited by Willie G; February 18th, 2020 at 04:40 PM.
    Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

Member #
    I dont think i would be letting that slide.

This wasn't meant to sound cocky in any way. It would just be hard for me to afford to take that kind of hit so i would have to fight for it.

Member #
    I dont think i would be letting that slide. There is no way to go after them?
    This wasn't meant to sound cocky in any way. It would just be hard for me to afford to take that kind of hit so i would have to fight for it.
    Didn't take it that way at all, and my family wasn't in a spot to take that hit either.... It's a long story, but I did make some money on the job, but under-priced myself as a favor. They tried changing some rules after the fact.

A lot of factors involved, but I gave them the option of 1) me pulling the permit and the job falling under my licensed / insured company; 2) homeowner pulling permit at the time of his choosing (he didn't want to navigate certain hurdles) and he chose 3) no permit to avoid both costs and undesirable compliances.

I made it clear that I would just serve as a friend-project-manager helping a home-owner in that scenario. My reduced fee was base on that and the luke-warm relationship. Later, they got sneaky and were very much trying to get my license and insurance info .... None of it applied to this job based on their choice and the fee reduction reflective of not invoking insurance or risk-profile

This was after I got the job to the finishing stages.... It became clear they were simply trying to leverage getting my status tarnished with a city where I do a lot of work. They began making excuses regarding payment to subs and me. They denied intentions, but then admitted some things on the day things blew up. Bottom line, I got every sub paid in full for work completed.... just not myself.

There's not a fight to be had as we didn't have a contract in place and were working in good faith. That's my bad as it's been fairly customary in my small circle and everyone shares the victory lap at the end. This one ended differently. They were pretty exposed with the very large check they wrote to me in the beginning without any written binding agreement in place. Initially, we discussed the next check to happen around Thanksgiving. My good faith just went further than theirs as I didn't need money on the project until Christmas and I got everyone paid. I just had the project too close to the end and they got very slimy.

It's tough to complain too much about something that is entirely your fault. I let this happen.

It just motivates me to get back to flips or whatever makes sense that doesn't involve undesirable and unethical counterparts...

... Not sure what that is, exactly

Member #
    Didn't take it that way at all, and my family wasn't in a spot to take that hit either.... It's a long story, but I did make some money on the job, but under-priced myself as a favor. They tried changing some rules after the fact.

A lot of factors involved, but I gave them the option of 1) me pulling the permit and the job falling under my licensed / insured company; 2) homeowner pulling permit at the time of his choosing (he didn't want to navigate certain hurdles) and he chose 3) no permit to avoid both costs and undesirable compliances.

I made it clear that I would just serve as a friend-project-manager helping a home-owner in that scenario. My reduced fee was base on that and the luke-warm relationship. Later, they got sneaky and were very much trying to get my license and insurance info .... None of it applied to this job based on their choice and the fee reduction reflective of not invoking insurance or risk-profile

This was after I got the job to the finishing stages.... It became clear they were simply trying to leverage getting my status tarnished with a city where I do a lot of work. They began making excuses regarding payment to subs and me. They denied intentions, but then admitted some things on the day things blew up. Bottom line, I got every sub paid in full for work completed.... just not myself.

There's not a fight to be had as we didn't have a contract in place and were working in good faith. That's my bad as it's been fairly customary in my small circle and everyone shares the victory lap at the end. This one ended differently. They were pretty exposed with the very large check they wrote to me in the beginning without any written binding agreement in place. Initially, we discussed the next check to happen around Thanksgiving. My good faith just went further than theirs as I didn't need money on the project until Christmas and I got everyone paid. I just had the project too close to the end and they got very slimy.

It's tough to complain too much about something that is entirely your fault. I let this happen.

It just motivates me to get back to flips or whatever makes sense that doesn't involve undesirable and unethical counterparts...

... Not sure what that is, exactly
    Gotcha. It still does suck though. Sorry that people have to be turds sometimes.

Member #
    Images

You are a better man than me. $8k would be torch their house money for me.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    If you don't mind me pontificating, this gif is perfect for your other post about the lousy client - you have to know when to let go.

ETA: You have been very blessed in your flipping and remodeling. Something like this was bound to happen eventually.
    I definitely don't mind your pontification Bill, in fact, I appreciate it.

You are 100% right... I've been blessed in the past beyond imagination. Yes, this was bound to happen and as mentioned above, it's really my fault.

When things changed with these people, specifically the wife (possibly bipolar) started becoming insulting and passive-aggressive one minute and then hugging me the next, it began affecting me, my mindest, and my attitude.

The money part sucks and yes, we needed the income. The blow-up as a relief related to that toxic situation; I actually embraced that departure. It was affecting my sleep, me as a husband, and me as a father. Good riddance.

Member #
    Well, i just broke up with the stalker for the 5th or 6th time via text. I dont know why its so hard to break up with someone you arent even with. The problem is, she is actually a very sweet...too sweet young woman and i hate to have to hurt her. I was more firm with it this time and left no room in my mind at least for discussion about it but she should be calling or texting any second now. I hope not though.

Well, i just broke up with the stalker for the 5th or 6th time via text. I dont know why its so hard to break up with someone you arent even with. The problem is, she is actually a very sweet...too sweet young woman and i hate to have to hurt her. I was more firm with it this time and left no room in my mind at least for discussion about it but she should be calling or texting any second now. I hope not though.
    Well?

Quote Originally Posted by R0CKET View Post
    Well?
    Ssssshhhhh! They're either back together or breaking up for the 7th time.....

Member #
    Am pooped long day at krow cleaning warehouse.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKET View Post
    Well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Ssssshhhhh! They're either back together or breaking up for the 7th time.....
    Text after text after text after endless texts begging me to let her come over or meet her somewhere basically because she has "things she needs to explain to me". I told her nicely no 3 times then told her no, letting her know that it was going to be my last reply tonight.

I dunno if she is in search of a gas can and a match or what now...

Member #
    Text after text after text after endless texts begging me to let her come over or meet her somewhere basically because she has "things she needs to explain to me". I told her nicely no 3 times then told her no, letting her know that it was going to be my last reply tonight.

I dunno if she is in search of a gas can and a match or what now...
    So, the 3-some suggestion is a no-go?