View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1387 of 1476 FirstFirst ... 3878871287133713771385138613871388138913971437 ... LastLast
Results 55,441 to 55,480 of 59004
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Since the board isn't exactly a hot-bed of activity these days (and I'm usually just checking in here), I'll cross-post again....

....Found this Electric truck pretty interesting.

http://www.atlismotorvehicles.com/
    I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    My experience with scared/hard running game is it's gamey as all hell. The problem with a car struck injured deer is the heavy doses of adrenaline coursing through its body.

Some people like that irony flavor but hard run/scared/car hit is likely to be so much more so as to make it untasty for anyone but the heartiest palate.

I was never able to get it out of meat regardless the aggressiveness of the marinade. Kinda like trying to cover up a fart sprayed with pine air freshener. It doesn't kill the fart and only serves to make it smell like someone shit a pine tree.
    Scared/Hit deer meat is absolutely disgusting....
    ~Una
    "dn ǝps ʎuɥs ǝɥʇ dǝǝʞ"

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Finally made some time to move everything away from the walls and finish up some more of the wall paneling in the shop. It's nowhere near perfect or even good, but it's good enough. Have one section left and then I can start on the ceiling. Thankfully both of those can wait and will get tackled down the road sometime. But now I can start placing and anchoring equipment in their final homes.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Finally made some time to move everything away from the walls and finish up some more of the wall paneling in the shop. It's nowhere near perfect or even good, but it's good enough. Have one section left and then I can start on the ceiling. Thankfully both of those can wait and will get tackled down the road sometime. But now I can start placing and anchoring equipment in their final homes.

Looking good. I'm curious, are you going to put anything on the floor around cutting and welding stations to protect the finish or is there really anything you can do?
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Looking good. I'm curious, are you going to put anything on the floor around cutting and welding stations to protect the finish or is there really anything you can do?
    The finish on the floor is the protection. The coating may get scratched or discolored a bit for the welding, cutting, grinding, dragging heavy and sharp objects, and general abuse shop floors take, but the concrete will stay in great condition. Yes, the epoxy coating is expensive, but the concrete is WAY more expensive and harder to repair. I probably should have coated my old shop floor more than I did, but it held up great over the 10 years I abused it.

Member #
    Images
    Looking good. I
    And thanks. I am ashamed of the wall paneling, but figure once I get the equipment and shelving in front of it, I won't notice or therefore care.

Member #
    The finish on the floor is the protection. The coating may get scratched or discolored a bit for the welding, cutting, grinding, dragging heavy and sharp objects, and general abuse shop floors take, but the concrete will stay in great condition. Yes, the epoxy coating is expensive, but the concrete is WAY more expensive and harder to repair. I probably should have coated my old shop floor more than I did, but it held up great over the 10 years I abused it.
    I really like the epoxy coatings available now.... Just did 2 garages for my attorney and he loves it.

Concrete is pretty resilient against a lot of the stuff you mentioned, (cutting, grinding, welding, etc.) but the epoxy coatings available now are fantastic and definitely help protect against de-laminating that often happens from other stuff like snow/ice falling off our vehicles and re-freezing, mag-chloride, etc....

I pour a lot of concrete (driveways, garages, patios, etc.) and people always ask about my guarantees.... I always guarantee it against theft and fire, but not cracking.

The two types of concrete that exist in Colorado are 1) concrete that's cracked, and 2) concrete that's gonna crack.

I do like your shop floor

Member #
    And thanks. I am ashamed of the wall paneling, but figure once I get the equipment and shelving in front of it, I won't notice or therefore care.
    Umm, don't be... shop is looking amazing!

Member #
    Images
    My concrete guy has that same line of thinking rex
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Member #
    I guess i didn't realize that today's epoxy coatings were that good. I would have thought that and little slag ball would burn right into it.

Member #
    Images
    I really like the epoxy coatings available now.... Just did 2 garages for my attorney and he loves it.

Concrete is pretty resilient against a lot of the stuff you mentioned, (cutting, grinding, welding, etc.) but the epoxy coatings available now are fantastic and definitely help protect against de-laminating that often happens from other stuff like snow/ice falling off our vehicles and re-freezing, mag-chloride, etc....

I pour a lot of concrete (driveways, garages, patios, etc.) and people always ask about my guarantees.... I always guarantee it against theft and fire, but not cracking.

The two types of concrete that exist in Colorado are 1) concrete that's cracked, and 2) concrete that's gonna crack.

I do like your shop floor
    For me, I need my concrete to stay smooth and flat. Sure, cracks are going to happen. But that's what the joints are for. I chose saw cut joints and to fill my joints in with a high end flexable joint filler. Then the concrete should crack under the filler, so the surface stays smooth. And I did extra (my concrete guys called it overkill) internal reinforcement within the concrete to keep the sections from heaving when cracking happens. Holes, pits, gouges and all rough areas suck. The epoxy coatings help keep the concrete that way, WAY longer than uncoated concrete. Also, in my line of work, oil and solvents of all types are often spilled. And with the epoxy, one can not worry about spills and leaks. Can't do that with uncoated concrete.

Member #
    Images
    I guess i didn't realize that today's epoxy coatings were that good. I would have thought that and little slag ball would burn right into it.
    I can not sing the praises of the epoxy I use, enough

Member #
    Images
    Umm, don't be... shop is looking amazing!
    Thank you, way too kind. If you keep it up, people might start questioning your judgment.

Member #
    For me, I need my concrete to stay smooth and flat. Sure, cracks are going to happen. But that's what the joints are for. I chose saw cut joints and to fill my joints in with a high end flexable joint filler. Then the concrete should crack under the filler, so the surface stays smooth. And I did extra (my concrete guys called it overkill) internal reinforcement within the concrete to keep the sections from heaving when cracking happens. Holes, pits, gouges and all rough areas suck. The epoxy coatings help keep the concrete that way, WAY longer than uncoated concrete. Also, in my line of work, oil and solvents of all types are often spilled. And with the epoxy, one can not worry about spills and leaks. Can't do that with uncoated concrete.
    Sorry,

I was trying to say that I like everything you did and had a side-bar about concrete in general....

I just went about it wrong.

-Really like what you did!

Member #
    Thank you, way too kind. If you keep it up, people might start questioning your judgment.
    They already do and have for a long time...

Member #
    They already do and have for a long time...
    Except in food choices. You are mostly spot on when it comes to that.

Yeah, the floor is nice. But I am lusting in my heart after that equipment. (Not jealous, just lust....)
    (Well, I'm takin' my time) I'm just movin' along
    You'll forget about me after I've been gone
    (And I take what I find) I don't want no more It's just outside of your front door

Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Yeah, the floor is nice. But I am lusting in my heart after that equipment. (Not jealous, just lust....)
    no doubt!

it looks amazing!
    break, fix, repeat

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    no doubt!

it looks amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Thanks. The equipment isn't really lust-worthy, but it gets me by.

Member #
    Frydee.

Member #
    Images
    Being too modest Aaron. Looking very good, functional, and durable.

I don't think I'd go without concrete coating ever again for surface protection against road salts, mag chloride, oil, etc. I had epoxy in the Loveland garage (weld slag didn't do it any favors in looks but it held up just fine). It wasn't too slippery when wet but it had it's moments. So I went with a Polyaspartic with aggregate chips in the current garage. I've spared it no mercy so far but we'll see how it holds up long term. I suspect it'll be great for just a non-industrial application. No slipping when wet at all and I understand one could do that with epoxy applications too so that alone isn't a benefit of one over the other...eh, just talkin outloud.

Member #
    Invasion of the stoopid white crap

Yes. But I got the day off. It's nice to have Friday off.

Nap time.

Member #
    At least they aren't lost.

Well it's raining here and Sam sh ho doesn't approve. He keeps trying to go outside and starts whining cause it's raining and he would get wet. So for now he's given up on the idea.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by R0CKET View Post
    How does it work? Is it bone growth stimulation thru vibration?
    Read this out of context. Sounds just like you. 🤓

Wish I had an ugly shop. 😉

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colo.TJ View Post
    Read this out of context. Sounds just like you.
    Bahaha, I was waiting for a perverted spin on this.

Member #
    Images
    So floor coating.... Makes the floor slippery when wet right? Thinking of aisle in barn.. will be cement, however need a textured non slip surface for the horses....

Member #
    Images
    Snow and lots of geese. Happy Friday.

Member #
    At least they aren't lost.
    but they're definitely trespassing since they are not wanted on the property.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL View Post
    So floor coating.... Makes the floor slippery when wet right? Thinking of aisle in barn.. will be cement, however need a textured non slip surface for the horses....
    Some epoxy coatings may be more tyhan others, I don't know because I don't have experience with different ones. I heard they were slippery as poo but didn't find the one we had in Loveland near as bad as 90% of the claims online implied they were. But I don't know if they were exaggerating or if the one we had were a different formula that wasn't as slick. Wife and I just to be a little mindful (not paranoid) when the floor was wet, that I can tell ya.

But this aggregate chip shit is the...well, shit! And I mean that in a good way! No slipping on the floor we have in this garage and if you need to slide stuff (cardboard boxes, etc) ain't gonna happen without effort if it's heavy (which is why you'd be sliding it instead of picking it up ) It'd do a number on cardboard loaded down but not plywood.

But if the chip coat is available on Epoxy too then that'd mitigate any wet slickness for you or a horse.

Member #
    Snow and lots of geese. Happy Friday.

Ewww.

snow is accumulating very quickly here

Member #
    Images
    At yet another doctor's appointment. This one is to evaluate if we should remove my IVC filter (minor surgery).

Member #
    Images
    Figured out a successful weight loss program. In my teens and 20's I was always 185# no matter what I did. I tried to bulk up and it just would never happen. Then in my mid 30's I destroyed my lower back. Age, inactivity, and horrible eating finally caused me to put on weight, but not in a good way. At my heaviest, I weighed more than 240#. After my first back surgery, I couldn't lose any of the weight. Then I blew out my back again about a year and a half ago. I changed up PT's and stated working my ass off, literally. But working out at least 3 times a week (HEAVY in cardio), and a heavy work load, I still couldn't drop my weight below about 205#. Even with dropping soda (Mt Dew) out of my life completely.

Well, then we found property a couple months ago. I quit the gym and was responsible for moving my family and my business to another town practically by myself. Working an average of about 15-18 hours a day over the past few months has done the trick. I am down to 190#, my gut is almost gone, and my back really isn't giving my issues. And I haven't stepped foot in a gym, or worked out this entire time. Just hard work (heavy manual labor), lots of stress, no sleep, hours on my feet at a time, little food (but will eat as much and as often as I want), and a bunch of Mt Dew again.

It's kinda strange to feel light again. Huge noticeable difference. Lighter weight, and more strength. Guess stressing out 24/7 was good for me!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Some epoxy coatings may be more tyhan others, I don't know because I don't have experience with different ones. I heard they were slippery as poo but didn't find the one we had in Loveland near as bad as 90% of the claims online implied they were. But I don't know if they were exaggerating or if the one we had were a different formula that wasn't as slick. Wife and I just to be a little mindful (not paranoid) when the floor was wet, that I can tell ya.

But this aggregate chip shit is the...well, shit! And I mean that in a good way! No slipping on the floor we have in this garage and if you need to slide stuff (cardboard boxes, etc) ain't gonna happen without effort if it's heavy (which is why you'd be sliding it instead of picking it up ) It'd do a number on cardboard loaded down but not plywood.

But if the chip coat is available on Epoxy too then that'd mitigate any wet slickness for you or a horse.
    This. The epoxy I use isn't very slippery even when wet, and I don't sure the aggregate as I want a smooth floor. The only time this came to bite me, was a few years ago, I came in the shop from deep snow, and my shoes were coated in snow. I was carrying a object that was more than 100#, and I made it 100ft into the shop, across the floor when I slipped. Hit my face against the top/side of my welding table and knocked myself out cold. I now have a scar on my forehead which people have referred to as the "Harry Potter".

Moral of the story: Everything can be slippery, when you are doing idiotic things.

I didn't add aggregate into my new floor coating. Would have ruined what I was after. But if you are looking for protection and don't care about smoothness, then add the aggregate.

Member #
    Images
    At yet another doctor's appointment. This one is to evaluate if we should remove my IVC filter (minor surgery).

Good luck!

Member #
    Images
    Figured out a successful weight loss program. In my teens and 20's I was always 185# no matter what I did. I tried to bulk up and it just would never happen. Then in my mid 30's I destroyed my lower back. Age, inactivity, and horrible eating finally caused me to put on weight, but not in a good way. At my heaviest, I weighed more than 240#. After my first back surgery, I couldn't lose any of the weight. Then I blew out my back again about a year and a half ago. I changed up PT's and stated working my ass off, literally. But working out at least 3 times a week (HEAVY in cardio), and a heavy work load, I still couldn't drop my weight below about 205#. Even with dropping soda (Mt Dew) out of my life completely.

Well, then we found property a couple months ago. I quit the gym and was responsible for moving my family and my business to another town practically by myself. Working an average of about 15-18 hours a day over the past few months has done the trick. I am down to 190#, my gut is almost gone, and my back really isn't giving my issues. And I haven't stepped foot in a gym, or worked out this entire time. Just hard work (heavy manual labor), lots of stress, no sleep, hours on my feet at a time, little food (but will eat as much and as often as I want), and a bunch of Mt Dew again.

It's kinda strange to feel light again. Huge noticeable difference. Lighter weight, and more strength. Guess stressing out 24/7 was good for me!
    I'm really excited for moving onto property for this reason! I will be so much more active. I've definitely put on a little extra fluff since my accident and the fact I can't do much other than sit on my ass. Would like to ideally lose 20#. Or even if no weight loss, tone up immensely. I was in really good shape before all of this garbage.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester70-2 View Post
    Well it's raining here and Sam sh ho doesn't approve. He keeps trying to go outside and starts whining cause it's raining and he would get wet. So for now he's given up on the idea.

Lol, my pup did the same thing. Walked out the door, realized it was wet and cold and snowing, and he immediately turned around and ran back to bed.

Member #
    Images
    Thanks for the flooring input guys!!