View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

    12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

    4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

    8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

    10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

    7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

    6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

    9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

    12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1281 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 28178111811231127112791280128112821283 ... LastLast
Results 51,201 to 51,240 of 51444
  1. #51201
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    No problem. Like I said, I'd probably buy another Simpson based on the service I've gotten from this one.
    There isnt much to go wrong with a pump other than losing a seal. If you have been happy with it, i guess i wouldnt be completely opposed to going with that brand as long as parts for the pump are readily available.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

  2. #51202
    (Well, I'm takin' my time) I'm just movin' along
    You'll forget about me after I've been gone
    (And I take what I find) I don't want no more It's just outside of your front door

  3. #51203
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Longmont
    Member #
    807
    Images
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    For everybody - Juneau, AK taken from atop Mt. Roberts

    Gorgeous! Makes me miss my time in Alaska.

  4. #51204
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Longmont
    Member #
    807
    Images
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I went to Lowes and looked at pressure washers but wasn't impressed with the selection they had. I figure i want 3000# to 3500# pressure if i am gonna buy one. I don't know much about brands of pumps but i do was something with a name brand engine that i can get parts for like Kohler or Kawasaki. Anybody have recommendations or ones to stay away from?
    After owning multiple 3200 and 3500psi gas powered pressure washers, and never being satisfied by any of them, I upgraded to a heated unit and never looked back. Sure there is a bit more cost up front, but it just flat works. From the toughest grease and grime, to the thickest mud, from paint on concrete to oil stains in concrete, it takes it all off.

    If you choose to go this route, stay away from Hotsy. Pricey and most of the dealers I have dealt with, suck. I ended up going with a diesel powered Easy Kleen. Owned it the past 4-5 years without issues. Except I did have to buy a replacement battery.

  5. #51205
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Longmont
    Member #
    807
    Images
    48
    Sneak peak at the new digs and new slab:

















    Slab is so pretty without any the joints cut into yet. I opted for saw cut joints so they would be smaller and cleaner and wouldn't want to stop wheels and casters when being run over. I will end up filing them with joint sealer before the floors get epoxy coated but still worth the extra money for less of a gap to fill. But I have to wait for the new floor to fully cure before i can coat it, so another 28 days of waiting. So impatient...

  6. #51206
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    After owning multiple 3200 and 3500psi gas powered pressure washers, and never being satisfied by any of them, I upgraded to a heated unit and never looked back. Sure there is a bit more cost up front, but it just flat works. From the toughest grease and grime, to the thickest mud, from paint on concrete to oil stains in concrete, it takes it all off.

    If you choose to go this route, stay away from Hotsy. Pricey and most of the dealers I have dealt with, suck. I ended up going with a diesel powered Easy Kleen. Owned it the past 4-5 years without issues. Except I did have to buy a replacement battery.
    That would be ideal but sadly, i don't have the awesome shop space that you have. I flat out have no room to store anything that large in my garage. I am to the point where i am either going to have to start storing the Yamaha in the enclosed trailer which would suck to get in and out of the back yard every time i want to take it for a spin or build a shed to put the zeroturn and other misc stuff in which will also suck because my back yard is a pretty good slope downhill so building a shed on it would be a challenge.

  7. #51207
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Tea gee eye eff.

  8. #51208
    ASCTLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Black Forest
    Member #
    1416
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Sneak peak at the new digs and new slab:

    Slab is so pretty without any the joints cut into yet. I opted for saw cut joints so they would be smaller and cleaner and wouldn't want to stop wheels and casters when being run over. I will end up filing them with joint sealer before the floors get epoxy coated but still worth the extra money for less of a gap to fill. But I have to wait for the new floor to fully cure before i can coat it, so another 28 days of waiting. So impatient...
    That's awesome. Is there a reason they did they not suspend the rebar for the pour?

    It's amazing to me how good these guys are to level and finish these large pours without leveling aids and still get the right slope.

  9. #51209
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    For everybody - Juneau, AK taken from atop Mt. Roberts

    That place looks amazing

  10. #51210
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Longmont
    Member #
    807
    Images
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    That's awesome. Is there a reason they did they not suspend the rebar for the pour?

    It's amazing to me how good these guys are to level and finish these large pours without leveling aids and still get the right slope.

    Rebar is tied into the existing slab. It was "lifted" into place as they poured. The mix is dense enough that the rebar doesn't sink as it settles into place. And they did use a couple towers/standoffs in strategic areas that I must not have captured on film.

    There are "leveling aids". That's is what the forms are for. They set the forms to the desired height and slope on each edge and pour and float up to those and gravity does the rest.
    Last edited by Aaron; September 14th, 2018 at 08:15 AM.

  11. #51211
    TGIF y'all

  12. #51212
    My allergies are going nucking futz

  13. #51213
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I went to Lowes and looked at pressure washers but wasn't impressed with the selection they had. I figure i want 3000# to 3500# pressure if i am gonna buy one. I don't know much about brands of pumps but i do was something with a name brand engine that i can get parts for like Kohler or Kawasaki. Anybody have recommendations or ones to stay away from?
    I doubt you need that much pressure. I have the troybuild 2800lb. It is a good washer. I have had it for 6-7 years.

  14. #51214
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Are you ever gonna come shoot a bacon?
    If I ever get some time.

  15. #51215
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Another day at the state fair. Oh joy. I am ready for this to be over.

  16. #51216
    Got my scope mounted and boresighted and picked up some boxes of Win, Federal, and Hornady to test at the range if I end up going with my uncle tomorrow.
    break, fix, repeat

  17. #51217
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Got my scope mounted and boresighted and picked up some boxes of Win, Federal, and Hornady to test at the range if I end up going with my uncle tomorrow.
    I need to go shooting. Its been quite a while.

  18. #51218
    here's a visualization of what the storm surge could look like https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/st...46339610124288

  19. #51219
    I also have a TroyBuilt pressure washer. It was a 2000 PSI when I got it. It has a honda motor and it has kicked ass for the last 11 years. I wasn't the last one to use it last year and it got put away with the hoses on it and the pump full of water. Started searching and found a 2800 PSI pump that bolted right on with the same fittings for the hose wand. Pretty damn happy with mine.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

  20. #51220
    It was bugging me cause I wasn't sure what that PSI was.. 2,400 is what the new pump is. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071NNJZ2

  21. #51221
    This looks like a really good idea. https://www.amazon.com/Briggs-Stratt...dp/B0012VY200/

  22. #51222
    I'm finally back to the line at work!!
    Yesterday was my first shift back.... Now I'm running on 2hr 40 minutes of sleep. I couldn't be happier to be back!
    Life can only be lived fully when it's lived outside of fear. Pain hurts, but the fear of pain paralyzes.

  23. #51223
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKET View Post
    I'm finally back to the line at work!!
    Yesterday was my first shift back.... Now I'm running on 2hr 40 minutes of sleep. I couldn't be happier to be back!
    You should stop breaking yourself.

  24. #51224
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Sound_Man View Post
    I also have a TroyBuilt pressure washer. It was a 2000 PSI when I got it. It has a honda motor and it has kicked ass for the last 11 years. I wasn't the last one to use it last year and it got put away with the hoses on it and the pump full of water. Started searching and found a 2800 PSI pump that bolted right on with the same fittings for the hose wand. Pretty damn happy with mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sound_Man View Post
    It was bugging me cause I wasn't sure what that PSI was.. 2,400 is what the new pump is. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0071NNJZ2
    I have been told that GPM is almost as important as PSI when it comes to performance and i guess it makes sense. A 3200 psi pump that only puts out 2 GPM probably doesn't work as well as a 2800 psi pump that flows 3 or 4 gpm.

    I have noticed that a lot of the cheaper ones don't even advertise the gps so I guess that's why.

    Aaron is right about the ones with heaters working a lot better but i again, i just don't currently have the space to store one of them and don't know that I would use it enough to justify the cost difference but i had a thought. Since my water heater is in a closet in my garage, I wonder how it would work to run a garden hose from the drain on it to a normal pressure washer. The water may not be quite as hot as his gets it but it might be better than nothing.

  25. #51225
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Mostly sunny and 88 currently. It doesn't seem like I have had a minute to just relax since getting back from vacation so I think I will load up the kayak and head to a pond here in a little while and throw some plastic at some bass.

  26. #51226
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Well, i went out to my favorite big bass pond expecting to light them up since its been almost a month since i fished it and really nobody else fishes it but instead, i caught two itty bitty bass who thought they were much bigger than they were and one that may have gone a pound and a half.

    It was still enjoyable and relaxing and i even got a Broncos sunset out of the deal.



    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  27. #51227
    Told some dudes off because they flew down the street to the trap house across from me with their headlights off. Told the guy to turn his lights on because there's kids around and he looked at me like I was retarded

  28. #51228
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Told some dudes off because they flew down the street to the trap house across from me with their headlights off. Told the guy to turn his lights on because there's kids around and he looked at me like I was retarded
    Get off mah lawn!!!!!


  29. #51229
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Happy sadurdee.

  30. #51230
    stupid brain making me wake up early on saturday

  31. #51231
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    stupid brain making me wake up early on saturday
    Yeah, i wake up at 5:50 pretty much every morning regardless of what day it is.

  32. #51232
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Just had to let Scooby and Scrappy back in because it started turd floating outside. So strange to be getting this much rain this late in the season.

  33. #51233

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Falcon, CO
    Member #
    4898
    Images
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I went to Lowes and looked at pressure washers but wasn't impressed with the selection they had. I figure i want 3000# to 3500# pressure if i am gonna buy one. I don't know much about brands of pumps but i do was something with a name brand engine that i can get parts for like Kohler or Kawasaki. Anybody have recommendations or ones to stay away from?
    I have this one. Been working great for the last 4 years.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Simpson-...25-S/203177499
    Contact me for all your firearms needs. Guns, ammo, accessories, NFA......

  34. #51234
    finished up the CVs and front brakes on the truck and took it out for a drive. not sure what I want to do next lol

  35. #51235
    chester70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Manitou Springs
    Member #
    7150
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    finished up the CVs and front brakes on the truck and took it out for a drive. not sure what I want to do next lol
    Go lay under it and watch the seals start leaving again?

  36. #51236
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Another day of not tire kickers and price bitchers at the state fair. But at least the scenery is better today.

  37. #51237
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepWheelin02 View Post
    I have this one. Been working great for the last 4 years.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Simpson-...25-S/203177499
    That looks like a pretty good deal.

  38. #51238
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    finished up the CVs and front brakes on the truck and took it out for a drive. not sure what I want to do next lol
    Quote Originally Posted by chester70 View Post
    Go lay under it and watch the seals start leaving again?
    Lulz.

  39. #51239
    Quote Originally Posted by chester70 View Post
    Go lay under it and watch the seals start leaving again?
    They're not leaving and going anywhere...they might start leaking again though

  40. #51240
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    I just checked the rain gauge and we got an even 2 inches out of this mornings rain. The sun is out now which is a bad thing for me because i am planning on going to work for a few hours to again, work on catching up on my work but i won't want to after it gets pretty outside. I'm gonna want to go fishing instead.

    It is so much easier to sit in front of a computer working when its a crappy day outside.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •