View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

13 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 10.26%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 20.51%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

11 28.21%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

8 20.51%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 15.38%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 23.08%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

13 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1838 of 1851 FirstFirst ... 8381338173817881828183618371838183918401848 ... LastLast
Results 73,481 to 73,520 of 74032
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    27 => 37

Should be nicer tomorrow back in the fiddies
    Today has been BEAUTIFUL! Yesterday was cold but we never saw any snow. Think we got up to 39* this afternoon. With the clear blue skies and the strong sun, I was digging it.

Member #
    Images
    Looks like we are heading back out the the sporting clays course this weekend again. One of these days I might actually hit a clay or two. It is supposed to be 50* and sunny, so couldn't think of a better way to relax and enjoy the great outdoors.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Looks like we are heading back out the the sporting clays course this weekend again. One of these days I might actually hit a clay or two. It is supposed to be 50* and sunny, so couldn't think of a better way to relax and enjoy the great outdoors.
    What makes it be sporting clays? I am a bit intrigued as my only clay time is throwing clays in the desert in AZ and we would have 2-3 shooters see who could hit it first.
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    What makes it be sporting clays? I am a bit intrigued as my only clay time is throwing clays in the desert in AZ and we would have 2-3 shooters see who could hit it first.
    Sporting clays is WAY better than trap or skeet. Sporting clays is often compared to golf. Each course offers multiple stations, and each station or stand offers different targets being launched in different ways. Each station has two launchers, that can be located anywhere, to throw in any direction including grounders, at varying speeds and angles. Each course and station is unique. Besides Helice, which I can not find anywhere around here, it is the most realistic bird and small game "hunting" sport.

Here is a short video (12 second) from the 4th station on the Colorado Clays' course. It is a basic stand with reporting doubles. Reporting doubles means the shooter calls for the first clay to be thrown then once they fire, the second clay is launched. This station included a "rabbit" clay (a grounder) and then a normal crossing flyer. Of course I hit the harder, unpredictable rabbit, but missed the easy flyer. Some stations offer true doubles where both clays are launched at the same time.

Last edited by Aaron; January 19th, 2021 at 05:23 PM.

Member #
    Images
    To expound on the Colorado clays course, there are 14 stations. Two offer grounders, one offers an elevated shooting platform, and the others are all setup differently from each other. Each station is meant to be shot in rounds. Each round consists of 2 clays and you are allowed 2 shells in your shotty. Then each station offers 3-4 rounds equaling 100 total shots for the course. Most hits out of the 100 possible wins. Range officer told us that a 50% score was VERY good for a beginner. As earlier mentioned, some stations are reporting doubles, and some are true doubles. It is a frustratingly great time! Our 4 some of shooters took about 2-3 hours to all complete the course on a busy Saturday morning.
    Last edited by Aaron; January 19th, 2021 at 05:24 PM.

Jelly

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Are you allowed to film them?
    Nope, you have to hope the coaching staff can find a way to film / stream the video as they are trying to do...

... I'd likely sign up for the task if I were a bit more technically capable ...

Member #
    Images
    Nope, you have to hope the coaching staff can find a way to film / stream the video as they are trying to do...

... I'd likely sign up for the task if I were a bit more technically capable ...
    What do you need to know? I am sure someone here could get you up to speed.

Member #
    Bleh. Humpday is here but there is no joy in it because of lack of sleep again plus the weather is gonna be craptastic.

43 now with a high of 50 and rain.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    What do you need to know? I am sure someone here could get you up to speed.
    I think they have someone taking it on for the high school games .... It turns out the Court is in the same boat where parents cannot attend his games that start at Gold Crown this weekend. He's playing in 2 divisions, so there are 4 games. It totally sucks that we can't be there.

Sounds like his coach is going to try to use something called box cast to stream

Member #
    should be sunny and 55 today

Stupid wind

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    43 now with a high of 50 and rain.
    We have only gained 3 of the degrees so i am questioning if we are going to make it to 50 but at least its not raining....yet.

Member #
    think we hit 60 today

Member #
    I guess in high school, athletes practice every night ... Trey goes again tonight until 9:30 like last night.

Member #
    think we hit 60 today
    It did not do that here.

Member #
    We got to 72 today looking at 76 tomorrow
    Wandering in the wilderness.

Member #
    Sleep was once again difficult to come by but i feel pretty good this morning. Currently 45 looking for 62.

Happy fridee eve morning.

Member #
    36 => 50

Member #
    slept pretty solid 'till 5:00 .... I'll take it

Member #
    slept pretty solid 'till 5:00 .... I'll take it
    That would be fairly awesome.

Member #
    Currently 75* winter is really getting me down.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Currently 75* winter is really getting me down.
    We are not going to make the forecasted high again today it doesn't look like. Only up to 53 currently and it doesn't feel that warm.

Come on summertime!!

Member #
    52 days till sweet, sweet DST.

Member #
    The fridee is on its way. This pleases me.

Member #
    Happy fridee!

45 looking for 60. I am hoping the weather monkeys are closer to correct than they have been for the last 2 days.

Member #
    23 => 50

Member #
    23 => 50
    Come on summertime.

Member #
    Dropped by the City of Aurora Bldg dept (& city hall) since we can't seem to get a call back from the planning department. As I somewhat expected, the building is still closed (officially for Covid) .... I wasn't expecting to see the entire building 1st level wrapped with plywood due to the "peaceful protests."

It is a very nice several-story building that is mostly glass. It's a shame that people just want to destroy property to give themselves some sort of sense of accomplishment

Member #
    Dropped by the City of Aurora Bldg dept (& city hall) since we can't seem to get a call back from the planning department. As I somewhat expected, the building is still closed (officially for Covid) .... I wasn't expecting to see the entire building 1st level wrapped with plywood due to the "peaceful protests."

It is a very nice several-story building that is mostly glass. It's a shame that people just want to destroy property to give themselves some sort of sense of accomplishment
    That does suck. At least they are peaceful protests.

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    That does suck. At least they are peaceful protests.
    Definitely don't want to see none peaceful protesting

1st sign of old age.... fall and break your sacrum.... or the fact I fell off a horse

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester70-2 View Post
    1st sign of old age.... fall and break your sacrum.... or the fact I fell off a horse

That sucks.

Member #
    Images

I know a way in there.... lol

Have you seen the Wellington Webb building downtown? They blanketed that thing with plywood after getting several hundred K's in damage over the summer

Member #
    The Catmasters (same as bassmasters but for catfish) fishing series dudes and dudettes are here for a tournament over the weekend so we hauled a bunch of Kubota equipment out there to be on display. I may run out tomorrow afternoon to watch the first day weigh in just for something to do. Might be entertaining.

Member #

I had to google what a sacrum was ... still not sure if I gotz one of those, but I'm sorry that you fell of a horse and broke yours. I hope you heal up quickly...

... and yes, old(ish) age does indeed suck.... breaking and tearing things you didn't know you have.... and going to bed fine, but waking up with an injury....

Member #
    Images
    Lately been falling deeper in love with this fine example of older American iron.
    Believe it is about time it sees some much needed love. Time to bring it into the shop and introduce it to the pile of new parts that have been patiently waiting for this day.
    Let the 70 GMC modest makeover begin!

Member #
    Images

Breaking your tailbone is a sign of old age? I know a lot of people that broke theirs as kids doing fun (stupid) stuff. So consider yourself young still.

Very sorry to hear. Hope you aren't in too much pain and that you heal up quickly.

Lately been falling deeper in love with this fine example of older American iron.
    Believe it is about time it sees some much needed love. Time to bring it into the shop and introduce it to the pile of new parts that have been patiently waiting for this day.
    Let the 70 GMC modest makeover begin!

She Purdy

Thank you everyone for the wishes. No surgery! My breaks are stable but painful and cause muscle sapsams. Will probably be in this dang place for a week.

L4 tab is broken and where my pelvis attaches to the spine has is in 3 pieces.

Last edited by Chester70-2; January 22nd, 2021 at 07:27 PM.