View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1215 of 1263 FirstFirst ... 215715111511651205121312141215121612171225 ... LastLast
Results 48,561 to 48,600 of 50482
    just filled out a couple more job apps but am gonna call it on that. I think i have a fever because i'm fawking sweating
    break, fix, repeat

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    thinking it might be time to retire the 2011 macbook this year
    Yeah, had to spend a few buck repairing my 2014 MacBook Air a few weeks ago and figure I can probably get about 3 more years out of it (hopefully)...

Prior, the wife and I both had MacBook Pro's from around '08 or so... They still kinda work.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger View Post
    Just received my first ever MacBook as an (early) fathers day present a couple of weeks back. I've been wanting one for quite a while, but wouldn't spend the money on myself. So far, Im very pleased with it.

It didn't take long for me to start trying to use the laptop track pads at work to do things they don't do.
    that's awesome!

The touch gestures are really nice
    Yep that is awesome.... and agreed on the touch gestures.

Once you go Mac, you never go back

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Yeah, had to spend a few buck repairing my 2014 MacBook Air a few weeks ago and figure I can probably get about 3 more years out of it (hopefully)...

Prior, the wife and I both had MacBook Pro's from around '08 or so... They still kinda work.
    I will probably spring for a used one that's a couple years old. Mine is still alright for browsing and will make a good shop computer but the battery life and 1280x800 screen resolution are major bummers

Member #
    I'm thinkin it kinda funny that since I've been driving the one ton YJ I get Jeep waves from old JEEPS and built JEEPS but never New JEEPS.......
    But I'm "all ways" gettin waves from Renagades, liberty's compasses and patriots...
    2 OF THE VOICES IN MY HEAD SAY THE WORLD IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE. THE THIRD KEEPS YELLING PULL THE TRIGGER.

EVERY TIME YOU KEEP YOURE MOUTH SHUT SO YOU DONT OFFEND SOMEONE YOU LOSE A LITTLE PEACE OF YOURE 1ST AMENDMENT RIGHTS !!!!!

I just saw an Acura commercial with Lemmie Killmeister singing sympathy for the devil as the background music, anyone know how to get vomit out of a white undershirt?
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Sammy!

haterz gonna hate

Member #
    Don't mind the hatterz. There gonna happen.
    What tweets me that we now have all these stay at home soccer moms that get daddy to buy them a cool new Jeep.
    Last edited by THE STRANGER; June 13th, 2018 at 10:33 PM.

Member #
    Hell, half these clown don't put down there cell to look around and see anything but there screen.

Member #
    Since I'm awake... AGAIN .... Trying to think of something my Dad would want besides all of his Colorado family coming to his house so Jodi can make blackened catfish.

We don't ever exchange gifts for anything, but I need to think of something for him....

Member #
    It's so lonely in here at 1:00AM

Sleep would be so much better than watching TV in the dark...

Member #
    Feels like I'm getting close to finding some successful sleep for a short time....

Member #

I was awake about then but didn't figure anyone else was around so i didn't check in.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Happy day before the day of frying.

Member #
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I was awake about then but didn't figure anyone else was around so i didn't check in.
    I was too, I had to pee.

ml

Member #
    Day 4 of VBS, I'm tired already.
    04 LWB LJ 4.0L 42RLE 2.5" OME lift 1" body lift 35" KOs
    91 SWB MJ 4.0L AX-15 4:1NP-231 D30 D44a 6" tomken 32" KM2s
    I'm A Man...I'm slow to Change...I will eventually...I Guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott91MJ View Post
    Day 4 of VBS, I'm tired already.
    Final stretch! Almost through it

Taking a sick day.

Gonna try And poke at the Jeep a bit even though I can't say I feel particularly great

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    I was too, I had to pee.
    Went and found some sleep shortly after.... Once I got to sleep, I was able to maintain for a while

that's awesome!

The touch gestures are really nice
    Yep that is awesome.... and agreed on the touch gestures.

Once you go Mac, you never go back
    Also keep trying to end a sentence with a double spacebar on PCs at work. <- Just tried it again. Still doesn't work.
    I'm sorry, I wasn't listening.

Sweating out the fever in the heat of the garage lol

Also keep trying to end a sentence with a double spacebar on PCs at work. <- Just tried it again. Still doesn't work.
    That's a feature? lol you lazy ass

That's a feature? lol you lazy ass
    It's a carry over from iOS. I've been hitting the spacebar twice to get a period and space for a new sentence on iPhones for years. Macs do it too, so once I started doing it on the Mac I started doing it on everything. Only it doesn't work on anything else. lol

Member #
    It's a carry over from iOS.
    You mean like android phones have been doing since the beginning of time?

Its been a long time since we have had an eye-phone/android arguement on colo4x4.

Member #
    So here is a question for Rex or anyone else who may know the answer.

The neighbors behind me who just moved in a couple weeks ago are building a privacy fence but where they are building the fence according to what they have roped off, its going to be fairly small compared to their back yard and wont be within probably 50 feet of my property.

As they should have, they called and had the utilities marked, most of which are on my property. The deal is, its time to mow and there are approximately a butt ton of lil flags on my property. Can i legally just go ahead and pluck em or do i have to leave them there for a certain amount of time or what?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You mean like android phones have been doing since the beginning of time?

Its been a long time since we have had an eye-phone/android arguement on colo4x4.

I was waiting for you to chime in.

So here is a question for Rex or anyone else who may know the answer.

The neighbors behind me who just moved in a couple weeks ago are building a privacy fence but where they are building the fence according to what they have roped off, its going to be fairly small compared to their back yard and wont be within probably 50 feet of my property.

As they should have, they called and had the utilities marked, most of which are on my property. The deal is, its time to mow and there are approximately a butt ton of lil flags on my property. Can i legally just go ahead and pluck em or do i have to leave them there for a certain amount of time or what?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Your lawn? Mow over them

Member #
    Your lawn? Mow over them
    I actually finally caught them at home shortly after i posted the question and they said they were done with them so they didn't care if i picked them up.

Just out of curiosity, i still wonder if if there are legal ramifications to pulling them up out of your own property when its marked by whoever for whatever reason.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    I actually finally caught them at home shortly after i posted the question and they said they were done with them so they didn't care if i picked them up.

Just out of curiosity, i still wonder if if there are legal ramifications to pulling them up out of your own property when its marked by whoever for whatever reason.
    Colorado State law says you can not remove them, you must wait for whomever placed them, or had them placed, removes them. And that if you remove them, it is a misdemeanor.

But utility companies say to just call the number on the flag and inquire. http://baker-peterson.com/a-guide-to...marking-flags/

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    So I am thinking that it would be easier to sell some projects, then it would be to move them. Even with more property, I will be at a disadvantage as far as indoor shop space for a bit until I get concrete poured in half the shop. Anyone looking for a few projects or parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    So I am thinking that it would be easier to sell some projects, then it would be to move them. Even with more property, I will be at a disadvantage as far as indoor shop space for a bit until I get concrete poured in half the shop. Anyone looking for a few projects or parts?
    Jake - What did I tell you?

Aaron - let us know what you got...it's Father's Day so I can justify some purchases.
    (Well, I'm takin' my time) I'm just movin' along
    You'll forget about me after I've been gone
    (And I take what I find) I don't want no more It's just outside of your front door

looking, no, but what does that have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    looking, no, but what does that have to do with anything?
    Sometimes projects find you, right

Member #

Glad it was easily resolved.... I didn't know the legal perspective since it's nothing I've ever encountered, so it sounds like Aaron was able to give some intel there....

Go mow that stoopid red paint off your green grass

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Total weak sauce... Like none of us are going to ask what are these freakin' projects of which you speak?

Sometimes projects find you, right
    I have a lot of stuff I wasn't looking for

Member #
    Glad it was easily resolved.... I didn't know the legal perspective since it's nothing I've ever encountered, so it sounds like Aaron was able to give some intel there....

Go mow that stoopid red paint off your green grass
    Guess im gonna do that tomorrow eve. I might need some green paint to touch it up with though.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    I have a lot of stuff I wasn't looking for
    That's been my entire adult life.... Actually, probably since about the age of 5.

I remember when I was 14 and my dad told me one of his construction workers had to sell his '74 Ford F100 because he needed money for pot and his parents could not tolerate it in the yard anymore. I bought it for $75 since it didn't run.

Dad chain-towed it with me steering/braking the caboose about 100 miles out of Dallas.... Fortunately he taught me how to be towed like that and how to be the brakes to keep the chain tight....

He was tired when we got home so went in to watch football. I collected every stupid MotorCraft or Holley carb we ever pulled off of an engine (amonst other things)....

20 mins after being home, Dad heard me starting that damn 302 with a carb out of my stash. I daily drove that thing to school every day as a 14yo freshman with nobody's license. My whole family used that truck before I sold it 1.5 years later for $1500.

Forget this whole house flipping thing..... On a percentage of return on money spent, that is still the best yielding investment I've ever made.

Member #
    Guess im gonna do that tomorrow eve. I might need some green paint to touch it up with though.
    No need... it will be gone by next mow cycle, which I'm guessing is about 2 days away for you