View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.11%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.22%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 27.78%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 19.44%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 16.67%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.00%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

13 36.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1636 of 1648 FirstFirst ... 6361136153615861626163416351636163716381646 ... LastLast
Results 65,401 to 65,440 of 65889
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Was able to turn my frown, upside down. While eating lunch I was looking through my emails and noticed that Sportsman's is having a sale on Ruger firearms. I noticed that 2 of the firearms I have been wanting were priced cheap. So I ordered those and finished up lunch. Then with a full belly and a smile on my face I got the trailer unloaded and all the materials put away, and started on the chop list for the next project. Man, using the new chop line and saw is amazing! Cranked out the entire chop list in about half the time it normally took.

It's nice when your day turns itself around. Hope everyone has/had a good day!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    You inspired me to look on Amazon to find that flavor of Kool Aid cuz it sure sounds tasty.

Do you drink much at the games?

...I'll let you guys argue about tanking and draft picks, but I'm not sure that many true football folks will agree that Brady is a crap QB with a solid team and a good coach....I stretch my knee several times a day, but I can't get close to making a stretch like that. I'm not a Pats fan, and also not a Brady fan. He's fading, but I gotta give credit where it is due. No crap QB will ever win 6 Superbowls, with 9 Superbowl appearances, have 4 Superbowl MVP's and 3 League MVPs... and pass Peyton Manning for passing yards, etc... (there's a long list of those type of stats)

Fangio changing the culture at this point and especially if they lose out is a tough read for me, but I'll concede that you are more tuned into the Donkeys than I am and maybe you see something else by being at all the home games. I just haven't seen this culture change. I'm rooting for the guy though.

I'll let you and Allen resume your friendly banter....
    Ok, I'll bite... Imagine what Manning, Elway, Marino, Montana, etc would have been able to accomplish if they switched teams/coaches with Brady. Brady's success is a product of Belichick and buying into the system, pure and simple.

And sorry to disappoint, I do not drink at Broncos' games. I am the responsible one who gets everyone home.

As far as a culture change, yes, it is happening. Players and coaches are being held accountable. Personnel changes have been happening for the better. Hell, Even Bolles has only been called for one holding penalty in the past 3 games. Major improvements all round.
    Last edited by Aaron; October 15th, 2019 at 05:08 PM.

Member #
    88 and thunderboomering.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Got an inch in like 20 minutes or thats what my gauge shows but part of the time, the rain was going sideways so i doubt that it caught a lot of it. Looks like round two is about here.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Ok, I'll bite... Imagine what Manning, Elway, Marino, Montana, etc would have been able to accomplish if they switched teams/coaches with Brady. Brady's success is a product of Belichick and buying into the system, pure and simple.

And sorry to disappoint, I do not drink at Broncos' games. I am the responsible one who gets everyone home.

As far as a culture change, yes, it is happening. Players and coaches are being held accountable. Personnel changes have been happening for the better. Hell, Even Bolles has only been called for one holding penalty in the past 3 games. Major improvements all round.
    Glad you decided to respond ... I don't see it as a "bite" since it was based on your original post. If anything, I'm the one who bit... I'm OK with it though....

Umm, no disappointment on the drinking at games thing... if you forgot, this () is a friendly joking gesture on this forum. It seems like some have chosen to check their sense of humor at the door, or ignore the surrounding context.

As far as "imagining" Manning, Elway, Marino, Montana accomplishments that were not achieved, I kinda don't have to. There were some pretty good coaches in place there too. None of those QBs match Brady's numbers, pure and simple. (just wanted to use your words there ) ... You can give Belichick the credit for every throw that Brady has made, but I've not seen him throw a dirty sock into the hamper and I don't think many will agree that he is the sole reason Brady has had ALL OF THOSE ACHIEVEMENTS. I don't think Billy-boy can close his eyes and "will" himself into Brady on the field.

Sorry, I mentioned earlier that I'm not a fan of Brady, but I can't disregard what he has accomplished (to my own misery) on the football field. I'd also like to find ways to deflect any credit to Brady, so I'm going with his dry-cleaner. His socks are always crisp-looking and I bet his drawz are just as wrinkle-free. That might be a factor to his success.

I did concede to your expertise on the Donkeys, but I'm not ready to buy into a complete culture change yet .... especially at 2-4 currently or at the notion that "losing out" would still support that. I'll be happy to be wrong about that, but I suspect this coach would not survive that either.

Member #
    Oh yeah, I forgot to emphasize that it's friendly banter...

Oh yeah, I forgot to emphasize that it's friendly banter...
    Good to know.

I still miss the old house-flipping, tire smoking, trade-cars-once-a-month Rex...but I blame your injury for altering your mood. Hoping you get well and even better than before!

Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Good to know.

I still miss the old house-flipping, tire smoking, trade-cars-once-a-month Rex...but I blame your injury for altering your mood. Hoping you get well and even better than before!

Lulz... I didn't want to be measured for knee-flex yesterday so I could wait until later in the week.... Projections were 135 degrees on the table yesterday... I really want 140.

Yep, want to flip houses very soon. I like the tire-smoking truck that I have now, so don't want to trade it.

Yeah... Too long didn't read
    break, fix, repeat

Member #
    Images
    Glad you decided to respond ... I don't see it as a "bite" since it was based on your original post. If anything, I'm the one who bit... I'm OK with it though....

Umm, no disappointment on the drinking at games thing... if you forgot, this () is a friendly joking gesture on this forum. It seems like some have chosen to check their sense of humor at the door, or ignore the surrounding context.

As far as "imagining" Manning, Elway, Marino, Montana accomplishments that were not achieved, I kinda don't have to. There were some pretty good coaches in place there too. None of those QBs match Brady's numbers, pure and simple. (just wanted to use your words there ) ... You can give Belichick the credit for every throw that Brady has made, but I've not seen him throw a dirty sock into the hamper and I don't think many will agree that he is the sole reason Brady has had ALL OF THOSE ACHIEVEMENTS. I don't think Billy-boy can close his eyes and "will" himself into Brady on the field.

Sorry, I mentioned earlier that I'm not a fan of Brady, but I can't disregard what he has accomplished (to my own misery) on the football field. I'd also like to find ways to deflect any credit to Brady, so I'm going with his dry-cleaner. His socks are always crisp-looking and I bet his drawz are just as wrinkle-free. That might be a factor to his success.

I did concede to your expertise on the Donkeys, but I'm not ready to buy into a complete culture change yet .... especially at 2-4 currently or at the notion that "losing out" would still support that. I'll be happy to be wrong about that, but I suspect this coach would not survive that either.

Your reading way too much into my posts Rex. I made no disparaging remarks or showed any anger towards you or your comments. I wrote "I'll bite" as you already know my thoughts on the subject, yet tried to still bait me with "friendly" banter. The friendly kind where you ask where you can purchase my kind of crazy. Then ask if I drink. Being in the same "friendly" spirit, I ignored the crazy comment, but reminded that I dont drink so people won't get the wrong idea about me drinking and driving. Then tried to explain once again my thoughts. Just as I will again, while remembering this is just friendly banter.

I think one needs to take one of the greatest, if not the best, minds into account when it comes to the Brady conversation. Just like a great player (Manning, Montana, etc) can change a whole team, so can a coach. I will concede that Brady is not in fact a crap QB. But, at most, he is good, not great. The man and his minions, coaching, teaching, preaching the system, and getting guys to buy into it. They deserve a lot more of the credit than Brady.

And as for the culture change around Denver? Never said it was complete. In fact I stated many times that it had a long way to go. I was just pointing out the areas that I see it working already. Fangio will be here next year whether they win or lose out. The front office knows what he inherited. Hell even VJ got 2 years...
    Last edited by Aaron; October 15th, 2019 at 08:25 PM.

Member #
    Images
    Mmmm goose jerky is tasty

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Your reading way too much into my posts Rex. I made no disparaging remarks towards you or your comments. I wrote "I'll bite" as you already know my thoughts on the subject, yet tried to still bait me with "friendly" banter. The friendly kind where you ask where you can purchase my kind of crazy. Then ask if I drink. Being in the same "friendly" spirit, I ignored the crazy comment, but reminded that I dont drink so people won't get the wrong idea about me drinking and driving. Then tried to explain once again my thoughts. Just as I will again, while remembering this is just friendly banter.

I think one needs to take one of the greatest, if not the best, minds into account when it comes to the Brady conversation. Just like a great player (Manning, Montana, etc) can change a whole team, so can a coach. I will concede that Brady is not in fact a crap QB. But, at most, he is good, not great. The man and his minions, coaching, teaching, preaching the system, and getting guys to buy into it. They deserve a lot more of the credit than Brady.

And as for the culture change around Denver? Never said it was complete. In fact I stated many times that it had a long way to go. I was just pointing out the areas that I see it working already. Fangio will be here next year whether they win or lose out. The front office knows what he inherited. Hell even VJ got 2 years...
    Lulz, Dude... Are you really serious with that stuff?

1st of all, get over the drinking thing as I <clearly defined> it as a joking response to you referencing Brady as a "crap QB" .... If you didn't like it, just say so. Depending on how that goes, you'll get a "sorry" or "get over it" ... Since I've gone out to the way to clarify a joking nature, you can figure out which one applies.

However, late after a Bronco game, it wouldn't be tough to read that <Brady crap QB> as a drunk post, but if that's how you really think, totally my bad.... Again, means "in jest".

I didn't say you drink and drive, so 1) no drama needed and 2) don't protest too much ..... The funniest thing is, I do not like Brady.... But, he's not a crap QB, regardless how you'd like to justify that he is/was/whatever. I understand you probably made that statement with the expectation that no one would contest it.

I didn't read anything into your posts, but read your posts. Not trying to "bait" anyone, the "friendly banter" is a reminder that it is just that, since the sensitivity meter gets pegged a bit too easily here. Seems people get a bit butthurt, so just clarifying that I don't have any of those intentions.... might be a bit relevant now. Not sure of the purchase of any kind of crazy since I've not made any of those suggestions, nor looking to purchase any since we're all stocked up here.

You said you tried once again to explain your thoughts... But it's OK for someone to disagree, right?

I've given you credit twice for Bronco knowledge, and simply said I'm not buying in just yet on a culture change. Never said you were wrong though.

Damn Aaron, sure seems like we should be married since I should just concede to an argument I never signed up for, nor realized I was participating in....

<yeah, improper preposition ending>

Member #
    As much as I hate to, I too am going to have to step in and defend Brady. Damn it this sucks.

I cant stand to see him on the field and love it when he cries and throws temper tantrums but there is no way that the people around him have made him so successful year in and year out.

I loved when the Gronk retired because I thought at least that might slow him down some but nope. I loved it when he got suspended for 4 games for inflate-gate thinking at his age, he wouldn't come back as good after it. Ive loved everything that he has gone through that might hamper his winning capabilities but he just keeps on getting it done.

Apparently you hate him even more than me if you can't see the talent that he has shown for years and continues to show.

I don't like him...at all. If anyone here is a Nascar fan, Tom Brady is to the NFL what Kyle Busch is to Nascar.

I flat out cant stand Kyle freakin Busch but I cant deny his skill.

Member #
    Dammit Allen, shut your mouth!

I already hate Brady so there can't be 2 of us defending him....

I'm not here to defend anyone or anything, just to chime in where I don't agree with statements that are made....

The Lord knows that happens to me on the other end on a regular basis.

Member #
    The NFL sucks ass anyway. The referees just keep getting worse and worse and im pretty much over it.

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    As much as I hate to, I too am going to have to step in and defend Brady. Damn it this sucks.

I cant stand to see him on the field and love it when he cries and throws temper tantrums but there is no way that the people around him have made him so successful year in and year out.

I loved when the Gronk retired because I thought at least that might slow him down some but nope. I loved it when he got suspended for 4 games for inflate-gate thinking at his age, he wouldn't come back as good after it. Ive loved everything that he has gone through that might hamper his winning capabilities but he just keeps on getting it done.

Apparently you hate him even more than me if you can't see the talent that he has shown for years and continues to show.

I don't like him...at all. If anyone here is a Nascar fan, Tom Brady is to the NFL what Kyle Busch is to Nascar.

I flat out cant stand Kyle freakin Busch but I cant deny his skill.

Yeah, Kyle's childhood years were ugly and I haven't forgotten them. But marriage and a kid seems to have made him a responsible adult...sort of. Plus, he's actually known for being nice to folks - off the track.

I'm no fan of Brady, either. But at least he's not as big a crybaby as Phillip Rivers. (9 kids? Really? His poor wife!)

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Between PTO that I have to use up and banker holidays, I think I can go until March without working more than 4 days in any week
    That would be perty cool

Member #
    Images
    Banks intercooler,1.0 turbo housing, ebp delete pedestal, 3" intake plenum w/3"y, 3" down pipe

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Banks intercooler,1.0 turbo housing, ebp delete pedestal, 3" intake plenum w/3"y, 3" down pipe
    Next month. Bean fuel system, diesel site hpop

Then shes set

That would be perty cool
    I figured out how to only work one day between now and the end of the year

I get my walking papers in the morning. Should get 60 days paid and then 17 weeks of severance pay plus my annual bonus. Not exactly excited about it, but I think I already have a job starting Jan 2
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Next month. Bean fuel system, diesel site hpop

Then shes set
    oh fawk

That setup will be hawt. Can't wait to hear how she sounds with those parts in

The biggest thing I miss about my 6.0l is the sound. Can't get anywhere close to a nice exhaust note with the 6.7l unless I delete the DPF system, which I would never do since it's illegal and costs lots of monies

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    The NFL sucks ass anyway. The referees just keep getting worse and worse and im pretty much over it.
    I didn't have a dog in the fight for MNF, but those refs sure went out of their way to give Green Bay the win. Although I didn't care who won that game, some officials sure seemed to.

... most of the analysts agreed today... It was pretty atrocious.

Member #
    Hump.

I figured out how to only work one day between now and the end of the year

I get my walking papers in the morning. Should get 60 days paid and then 17 weeks of severance pay plus my annual bonus. Not exactly excited about it, but I think I already have a job starting Jan 2
    Whoa, dude. That sucks. But congrats on all the pto.
    I'm sorry, I wasn't listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    The biggest thing I miss about my 6.0l is the sound. Can't get anywhere close to a nice exhaust note with the 6.7l unless I delete the DPF system, which I would never do since it's illegal and costs lots of monies
    Youíll (hopefully) outgrow that, eventually. My half ton is stock, and has a nice interior exhaust note up to 4th gear or so. Once you hit 5th and 6th, at highway speeds you canít hear anything. Just the way I like it. I also went from a/t tires to Michelin Defender LTX this last time. So quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger View Post
    Youíll (hopefully) outgrow that, eventually. My half ton is stock, and has a nice interior exhaust note up to 4th gear or so. Once you hit 5th and 6th, at highway speeds you canít hear anything. Just the way I like it. I also went from a/t tires to Michelin Defender LTX this last time. So quiet.
    That sounds about what I'd like. The DPF system is so restrictive you can't really hear the exhaust at all in or out of the truck

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wulf; October 16th, 2019 at 08:37 AM.

Member #
    Images
    oh fawk

That setup will be hawt. Can't wait to hear how she sounds with those parts in
    No exhaust in my plan yet. Might remove a restriction thingie and then shell be loud

Member #
    Images
    My tundra has nice notes even i can hear on the highway at any speed!

No exhaust in my plan yet. Might remove a restriction thingie and then shell be loud
    doh, misread that and my brain included it when you said you were doing the downpipe

Dropped my diffs off at FedEx to go get gears, dropped my glasses off at optometrist

Member #
    For those of you interested in NFL stuff, try to catch Peyton Manning's show Peyton's Places. It streams on ESPN+ which I don't do, but I found it on one of the ESPN channels and was able to DVR.

He's hilarious

Went looking for it myself...couldn't find a non-ESPN source.

That sounds about what I'd like. The DPF system is so restrictive you can't really hear the exhaust at all in or out of the truck

realistically my only plan with the truck is to just drive it as-is.

I don't think I even need to add any aftermarket gauge solutions because the factory cluster includes digital read out for engine oil temp and transmission temp

Member #
    Images
    Dammit Allen, shut your mouth!

I already hate Brady so there can't be 2 of us defending him....

I'm not here to defend anyone or anything, just to chime in where I don't agree with statements that are made....

The Lord knows that happens to me on the other end on a regular basis.
    Ill go on both sides of this one. I have come to think that Belichick has adopted sort of the "Moneyball" approach to football, and he has perfected the formula that players that have certain stats and potential are almost interchangeable within his system. People that can't get on board with what their focus needs to be make it off the team pretty quickly. I hate to say all of this, because I just don't like the guy, but he has really dialed in everything, to the point that it seems that the off the field antics that other teams have, are non existent.

Brady fits into all of this great, he has the set of skills that meet what Belichick needs from a QB, and with the supporting cast of the rest of the team is able to excel, and avoid more of the hits than others in his position. He truly has some great talent, and it shows in how he plays the game. I hate Brady too.... ugh....

How would the tables turn if Manning played for a team over his career and avoided the hits, and the team was diversified in the approach of how the players functioned? Or Luck, Or Elway, Or Aikman, or.... you name it.

The game has evolved over time but it hasn't. Emphasis has been on key positions instead of the team function as a whole, but failures at the "non" key positions contributes to issues more often than not. Football teams need leaders on several levels, but without a complete team will always fail. Brady doesn't win games, any more than Gronk did, but both led their teams to those moments, and that is what matters, and what few teams have finally realized.
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Images

I have a turbo back with a "muffler" ( its just a giant glasspack really) on the LML and I only hear it in the cab when you're flooring it, and even then its a turbo scream more than anything. And then you can get rid of that DPF adventure, and just save to buy some property in the mountains to register it to.... lol

I am an employee who is supposed to stay at home and do nothing, literally my new job description for the next 60 days. I feel bored already

Member #
    Images
    I am an employee who is supposed to stay at home and do nothing, literally my new job description for the next 60 days. I feel bored already
    Ugh...... why is that??? that doesn't sound like fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    Ugh...... why is that??? that doesn't sound like fun at all.
    Read back....

(He's unemployed but with severance.)

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Read back....

(He's unemployed but with severance.)
    reading is so hard....

help me find some tax liens to buy in Garfield.... I need something amazing so the wife doesn't think about my upcoming car and gun purchases...