View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

    13 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

    4 10.26%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

    8 20.51%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

    11 28.21%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

    8 20.51%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

    6 15.38%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

    9 23.08%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

    13 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1980 of 2001 FirstFirst ... 9801480188019301970197819791980198119821990 ... LastLast
Results 79,161 to 79,200 of 80025

Thread: The Lunatic Fringe (Part 2)

  1. #79161
    Willie G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Member #
    1610
    Tuesday. For those that survived yesterday.


    33 ===> 74


    ....and windy.
    Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway.
    Stupidity is the same.
    And thatís why life is hard.

  2. #79162
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    I bet it blows your Elton John sunglasses and "Who Farted" hat off when you ride the hog to/from work at lunchtime



    Maybe but you missed it but I sold the hog. Now I drive the Yammerhammer. Elton John sunglasses and who farted hat are intact.
    Last edited by creepycrawler; May 10th, 2022 at 05:45 AM.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

  3. #79163
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Tuesday. For those that survived yesterday.


    33 ===> 74


    ....and windy.
    I survived mundee as well as could be expected but last night was another story. Let's just say I didn't have to wipe any sleepy out of my eyes this morning because I never got to sleep. It was miserable.

    73 heading to a partly cloudy or partly sun shiney 93.

  4. #79164
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post

    ....and windy.
    There's a big F'n surprise

  5. #79165
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Maybe but you missed it but I sold the hog. Now I drive the Yammerhammer. Elton John sunglasses and who farted hat are intact.
    I guess I did miss the sale of the hog

  6. #79166
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Looking at the weather app on my phone, for tomorrow and Thursday it doesn't show the pic for sunshine, nor partly cloudy .... It shows the picture to indicate "hold on to your ass" wind.

  7. #79167
    tacotoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Westminster
    Member #
    6222
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Uphill pedal assist ... However, the factory power step on the driver's side also became anemic and it needs a new hinge... Gonna cost about a grand and I'm just a bit pissed about that.
    stuff like that makes me rethink wanting the amp steps... because if your step doesn't come out, how do you get in?
    hookers and blow!

  8. #79168
    R0CKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mountains
    Member #
    20613
    Pit bike is fun

  9. #79169
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    stuff like that makes me rethink wanting the amp steps... because if your step doesn't come out, how do you get in?
    They don't cover up the bottom of the door. That's not a problem. I love the ones on my truck because they are not noticeable when up but a guy can step up and sit down in the seat rather than scooting across the seat and breaking down the seat bolster.

  10. #79170
    tacotoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Westminster
    Member #
    6222
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    They don't cover up the bottom of the door. That's not a problem. I love the ones on my truck because they are not noticeable when up but a guy can step up and sit down in the seat rather than scooting across the seat and breaking down the seat bolster.
    The how do you get in was more of a sarcastic comment about needing the step... lol

  11. #79171
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    The how do you get in was more of a sarcastic comment about needing the step... lol
    Gotcha. I have had them on my last 2 trucks and haven't had an issue with them. Rex probably uses his to lift up bikes so he can change tires on them or something.

  12. #79172
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    The how do you get in was more of a sarcastic comment about needing the step... lol
    Yeah, I'd never do an aftermarket power step again ... I had the Amps on a truck I had several years ago. Since my truck has the factory ones, I want them to work. I would likely have a fixed step/bar though regardless mostly for the others that ride in the truck and the wear & tear on the seats

  13. #79173
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Yeah, I'd never do an aftermarket power step again ... I had the Amps on a truck I had several years ago. Since my truck has the factory ones, I want them to work. I would likely have a fixed step/bar though regardless mostly for the others that ride in the truck and the wear & tear on the seats
    The ones on my last two trucks have been factory as well but I'm pretty sure that they, as well as ones offered by chubby and dodge are all supplied by amp.

  14. #79174
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    The ones on my last two trucks have been factory as well but I'm pretty sure that they, as well as ones offered by chubby and dodge are all supplied by amp.
    I'm not sure.... Mine are not the flat-style drop-down steps that look much like the Amp steps .... Mine look more like the fixed factory bar-style steps that telescope straight out and tuck back in so you always see the profile of the bar.

  15. #79175
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    I'm not sure.... Mine are not the flat-style drop-down steps that look much like the Amp steps .... Mine look more like the fixed factory bar-style steps that telescope straight out and tuck back in so you always see the profile of the bar.
    Oh, ok. I don't guess I've seen those.

  16. #79176
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Had to get the chompers cleaned today. Was kinda glad I didn't get into too much trouble from the hot female dentist since it's been over a year for various reasons....

  17. #79177
    noahfecks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Glenwoody
    Member #
    13651
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    Oh snap..... sorry couldn't resist


    How did he do that? it at least an exciting story?
    Unfortunately not even a cool story, just fell off the slide climbing up it playing with the other kids in the neighborhood. Mancub is not my daredevil.

    Both boys have broken arms in the last 7 months.
    " A mans rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" Fredrick Douglass
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

  18. #79178
    Willie G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Member #
    1610
    Wednesday.

    It's all downhill from here.

    48 ===> 88



    ...and windy.

  19. #79179
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    72 heading to 90 with partly cloudy and or partly sun shiney sky.

    When I got home after work yesterday in the yammerhammer, I noticed that I had sprung a coolant leak and antifreeze was pretty much all over so I couldn't see where it came from so I'm gonna have to wash it this eve and see if I can figure that out. First break down in 6 years so not too bad.

  20. #79180
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    72 heading to 90 with partly cloudy and or partly sun shiney sky.

    When I got home after work yesterday in the yammerhammer, I noticed that I had sprung a coolant leak and antifreeze was pretty much all over so I couldn't see where it came from so I'm gonna have to wash it this eve and see if I can figure that out. First break down in 6 years so not too bad.
    shoulda kept the more reliable hog

  21. #79181
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    shoulda kept the more reliable hog
    Probably, lol. It's hard to keep off of the go pedal in the yammerhammer so I doubt it's getting 113 mph.

  22. #79182
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    gotta go to Aurora to pick up Mom and take her back to Swedish in Englewood so they can replace her feeding tube.... That will consume most of the day.

  23. #79183
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Probably, lol. It's hard to keep off of the go pedal in the yammerhammer so I doubt it's getting 113 mph.
    I have a similar problem with the Ducati ... I really like the grips on the handlebars of that bike, cuz when I twist the right one, the bike goes really fast.... therefore, I choose not to calculate fuel economy.

  24. #79184
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    stoopid wind is stoopid

  25. #79185
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Unfortunately not even a cool story, just fell off the slide climbing up it playing with the other kids in the neighborhood. Mancub is not my daredevil.

    Both boys have broken arms in the last 7 months.
    That's a rough one .... At least the youg'uns heal their bones a little faster than most of us more "seasoned" individuals...

    Hope he heals quickly....

  26. #79186
    Willie G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Member #
    1610
    Friday Eve.

    Seems like we just did this last week.

    Anyone else see a pattern here?

    50 ===> 70

  27. #79187
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Friday Eve.

    Seems like we just did this last week.

    Anyone else see a pattern here?

    Yup.

    67 heading to 91 and nothing but sun shine. I'd rather go fishing than go to work.

  28. #79188
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    "Windy conditions from 9AM to 2PM" .... There's a total of 6 of those "hold on to your ass" wind emoji things on my weather app

  29. #79189
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Finishing up multiple jobs at the same time ... About to go from busy to bored... It will make me search for train-wreck houses to buy....

  30. #79190
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    I did check on the "new-to-me" bike .... Currently in Milwaukee and scheduled to go the the OK City hub next week.... I was hoping for an early delivery, but guessing it will be right at the end of the month.

    Mehopes the wind relocates by then.

  31. #79191
    Oscar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Haines City Florida
    Member #
    3575
    Well I learned today how it is to drive coast to coast and back to the middle of Florida today. Hint it ain’t pleasant.
    Wandering in the wilderness.

  32. #79192
    Willie G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Member #
    1610
    It would be nice if tomorrow really was Friday.


    Things are so messed up you can't be sure of anything anymore.

    Just have to wait and see.

  33. #79193
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    The yammerhammer is fixed and it's bedtime.

  34. #79194
    Almost Friday!

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  35. #79195
    Friday! So ready for the weekend!

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  36. #79196
    Willie G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Member #
    1610
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester70-2 View Post
    Friday! So ready for the weekend!

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Agreed.


    47 ===> 77

  37. #79197
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    69 looking for a sun shiney 91.

    TGIF!

  38. #79198
    Scott91MJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    behind the rock
    Member #
    7400
    Mournin lewns

    Permanado is still here with critical fire danger in effect. 2 weeks ago the permanado ripped the rooftop membrane off of one of our hangars at the airport. Yesterday, it did it again. 30-40mph with gusts up to 60mph.
    04 LWB LJ 4.0L 42RLE 2.5" OME lift 1" body lift 35" KO2s
    91 SWB MJ 4.0L AX-15 4:1NP-231 D30 D44a 6" tomken 32" KM2s
    99 MX-5 1.8L 5 speed 23" all seasons

  39. #79199
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott91MJ View Post
    Mournin lewns

    Permanado is still here with critical fire danger in effect. 2 weeks ago the permanado ripped the rooftop membrane off of one of our hangars at the airport. Yesterday, it did it again. 30-40mph with gusts up to 60mph.
    That sucks but it does look like your permatoenader is going on break at least for today. The kind of winds that yall have had for as long as yall have had them would have made me wanna shoot myself in the face. Trying to do anything outside I wind pisses me off. I'm passed when we have 15 mph wind which we have had a few days of over the last couple of weeks.

  40. #79200
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    The yammerhammer is all serviced and ready for the dunes In 2 weeks other than swapping to the sand tarrs. I'm ready to be there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •