View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

13 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 10.26%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 20.51%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

11 28.21%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

8 20.51%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 15.38%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 23.08%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

13 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1974 of 1992 FirstFirst ... 9741474187419241964197219731974197519761984 ... LastLast
Results 78,921 to 78,960 of 79657

Thread: The Lunatic Fringe (Part 2)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    I'm a sucker for white bikes ... Both Ducati's are white ... I was at Fay Meyers today and they have 2 pre-owned 'Busa's side by side. They also have a new one and I didn't know they still made 'em. They are cool bikes.
    Seriously. If you can manage a ride on one of the used ones, take it.

Whether you ever own one or not. It's an experience to remember.
    Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway.
    Stupidity is the same.
    And thatís why life is hard.

Member #
    What I'm trying to buy tomorrow .... MV Agusta Dragster .... It's a really good overall power and weight combo and nimble. ... Not completely upright like the Hooligan, not completely down like the EVO or other full-on sport bikes. There's a short list of bikes that have my interest, and this one is at the top ... Cool-factor is definitely an ingredient as well....

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Seriously. If you can manage a ride on one of the used ones, take it.

Whether you ever own one or not. It's an experience to remember.
    I may be able to facilitate that.

Member #
    The MV Augusta I'm trying to buy has an aftermarket exhaust (very similar with the 3 ports for the 3 cylinders, but cat-delete (bulky box at bottom), and a rear fender delete with a tail tidy for rear plate.... I sent them the info needed for a deposit ... I'll wire the rest and then get to wait (likely) 4-6 weeks for their trusted-source-best-shipping-deal-possible. .... unless someone has a hook-up to get this thing from Illinois to Denver for $500 with today's fuel prices.

Member #
    Great question. I put in each ad, "Cash in my hand for test ride. If you don't drop it or buy it, I hand the cash back to you." I will answer texts for questions, but always require a voice2voice call for an appointment where I re-iterate my requirements.

The guy on the Yamaha didn't bring cash when he looked at it and I ripped it up my street and back one time for him to watch. He also didn't ride it when he picked it up, but he gave me some suspect questions after we loaded it in his truck that made me think he doesn't know how to ride yet. If so, he bought a lot of bike for a beginner.

The guy on the EVO contacted Fay Meyers for financing ... They bought it from me and then sold it to him with a processing fee. Since he didn't have the cash for me to hold, he never asked to see the bike and went with my pretty detailed photos on the ad. Fay had just done the yearly inspection on it last week during the oil change which was documented. Fay called me today and said he was approved and we hashed out the details.

I sold my Triumph a few months ago where the guy didn't test ride it and just took my word on it's performance.

It's a little weird that I've sold 3-4 bikes with no test ride. I always bring the cash and at least show the seller before I ask to test ride. That said, I'm probably putting a deposit on a bike in Illinois where I don't get to test ride.... I know enough about these bikes and also have to trust the detailed photos and conversations with the (dealership) sales dude...
    That is interesting. I definitely wouldn't be comfortable letting someone I didn't know test drive a bike with no collateral either.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    I am hoping that my body is sleep deprived enough to give up and go to sleep tonight.

Member #
    .... unless someone has a hook-up to get this thing from Illinois to Denver for $500 with today's fuel prices.

2000 mile round trip @ 20 mpg = 100 gal figure $5.00/gal and there's your $500

Not to mention at least one night in the no-tell motel.

I love me some road trips, but no thanks. (Illinois, ya know)

Member #
    2000 mile round trip @ 20 mpg = 100 gal figure $5.00/gal and there's your $500

Not to mention at least one night in the no-tell motel.

I love me some road trips, but no thanks. (Illinois, ya know)
    Yeah, my math made the decision easy, even waiting for however long to get the bike... Avoiding the 15 hours each way was high on the list, since I hate me some road trips nowadays. Shipping is actually $550 flat rate (except NY and CA) with their trusted company who ships all their bikes, but they knocked off $50 from their doc fee to an even $100, so it helps me rationalize it. You just have to wait until they have a load of bikes coming this direction. With this deal I figure after tax and registration, if I change my mind, I can still at least break even on a very hard-to-find bike.

I've been riding the Hooligan anyway and will continue that until the MV gets here ... unless I get an impulse and list that one too

Member #
    Finally Friday.

Wind gusts as high as 55 mph so it ain't gonna feel warm even at 82.

Member #
    Finally Friday.

Wind gusts as high as 55 mph so it ain't gonna feel warm even at 82.
    Yalls permatoenader is back? My friend said it was very windy yesterday eve as well.

69 heading to 84 and we seem to be stuck in the party cloudy thing.

Member #
    Yeah, we're back to the all day ColoradoNader ... It was already 62 at 6am.

Wind calm now... That's not gonna last with winds around 30-40 and gusts up to 65 ... Hope no fires break out

No riding for me today.

Member #
    The prognosticators just said gusts can be up to 90 in the southern mountains....

Member #
    I guess it's Earth Day today ... I'm gonna celebrate by attempting to stay on Earth all day long.

Member #
    I guess it's Earth Day today ... I'm gonna celebrate by attempting to stay on Earth all day long.
    That is probably a good idea.

Member #
    I did not sleep all night by any means but I did sleep quite a bit. I'll take it.

Member #
    In high school and shortly thereafter, I would ride my Dad's heavy-ass Honda GoldWings (full dresser style) --- He had 2 different ones at different times. My girlfriend would be on the back and we'd tool around our small town.

They didn't look like this one. If I had unlimited disposable income, I'd get this thing:

https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/d/...474325831.html

15 days

You all are killing me with the bikes.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Member #
    So, this is a thing now....

https://tulsaremote.com/

Member #

I'll pass on that.

Member #

Working in Tulsa? Why?

Member #
    Images
    Working in Tulsa? Why?
    Too upscale for him

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Too upscale for him
    lol, probably true

I think it's kind of a cool concept to get people to move there with a cash incentive, a job, and a time buffer to make the physical move. Jodi sent that to me as she knows someone who did it .... She was in Atlanta, took a remote job in Tulsa, moved there a bit later, and loves it.

For the first time in forever and a day, more people left CO than moved in for a population delta of around -2% ... I'm still not sure how they can count with any degree of accuracy, but just a FWIW stat.

Member #
    For the first time in forever and a day, more people left CO than moved in for a population delta of around -2% ... I'm still not sure how they can count with any degree of accuracy, but just a FWIW stat.
    There are lots of Colorado people moving here. Unfortunately, it seems that most are the ones that screwed up Colorado. I guess they figure they have one state f'd up good enough so it's time to go screw up another one.

Member #
    Tulsa is actually a pretty cool sized town but from what I've heard, crime has grown with population.

Member #
    Dang Bill,

the 'Busa thing keeps coming up ... Pretty cool, actually....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22495150743...AAAOSw4apiYXLN

89 out and windy as hell. Mouth tastes like dirt and can't see the mountains anymore

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    There are lots of Colorado people moving here. Unfortunately, it seems that most are the ones that screwed up Colorado. I guess they figure they have one state f'd up good enough so it's time to go screw up another one.
    Locust syndrome. Devour everything then fly off to the next location.

Quote Originally Posted by gkainz View Post
    Locust syndrome. Devour everything then fly off to the next location.
    Sad funny and true

Member #
    Dang Bill,

the 'Busa thing keeps coming up ... Pretty cool, actually....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22495150743...AAAOSw4apiYXLN
    It is cool.

I had a ZZR 1400, too. Very nice and tractable, even on gravel roads (totally shocked me).

But it wasn't a Busa.

Member #
    It is cool.

I had a ZZR 1400, too. Very nice and tractable, even on gravel roads (totally shocked me).

But it wasn't a Busa.
    So I had to drop by Fay Meyers today to get my check and threw my leg over one of the two that were there. I didn't ride it, but just sat on it for a bit moved around with it, and checked it out in general. They're cool, but I don't think the right fit for me. For a bike that looks low and long, it felt the weight distribution was a bit on the higher side. I'm also getting away from down low positioning.

Honestly, if I were staying with that style of bike, I'd land on this. This bike is a deal.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19498525765...QAAOSwgz9iU2Vb

The positioning of this bike is very comfortable and weight feels nimble and easy to manage. 170HP, although the dry weight is about 40lbs more than The MV and the EVO I just sold. Aprilia makes some badass bikes and tends to price certain ones very well. Actually, I still want this bike, but I'm going with the MV Dragster right now and be in for $3K+ less $$

If I sold the Hooligan bike quickly and he still had it, I'm worried I'd be going to NM

Member #
    Sadurdee.

68 looking for 84 but it seems some of your permatoenader leaked out because we are supposed to have 18 mph winds later today.

14 days...

Can see the mountains again so hopefully the winds don't take off like they did yesterday

Member #
    Here's a big F'n surprise ....

... Gonna be windy all day

Member #
    Headed out to the Denver Biscuit Co shortly.

Will report back.

Member #
    Follow up report:

No mention on the web site of a dine-in option (which does exist). That might be a better choice.

Ordered with a 30 minute delay for travel time. Food was ready with 20 minutes to go - not good for biscuits with gravy or cole slaw as they absorb the fluids.

$40 for 2 people with no drinks (tea, coke) is a little spendy.

We'll probably try again and change our procedure and see how that goes.

Member #
    I changed the oil in the zeroturn which was late. First change was supposed to be at 5 hours and I went 10. Woopsie n stuff. Anyway, after that, I mowered and weedereatered and edgered the lawn and blew everything off followed by a trip to wally world for groceries. Now I don't know what to do.

I would dust the truck but according to the weather monkey on my phone, it's supposed to start thunderboomering about 5 in the mernin and continue to thunderboomer all day tomorrow. I guess we will see. I guess the weather monkey figures that if he continues to make the same forecast over and over that he is bound to eventually be right.

Member #
    Follow up report:

No mention on the web site of a dine-in option (which does exist). That might be a better choice.

Ordered with a 30 minute delay for travel time. Food was ready with 20 minutes to go - not good for biscuits with gravy or cole slaw as they absorb the fluids.

$40 for 2 people with no drinks (tea, coke) is a little spendy.

We'll probably try again and change our procedure and see how that goes.
    Yeah, I could've shared that dine-in was an option. I agree (and mentioned) that it is a little spendy.

We planned on take-out, so we all specifically avoided gravy. Certain things never travel well. I'll only do that as a dine-in opportunity. Slaw was on my sammich only, and was still pretty good. There's quite a few places I will only eat if it's dine-in.

We got no sides or drinks and it was around $60 for the 4 of us... The online menu shows all items are $12 - $15, so the math gets there quickly.

I want to try a biscuits and gravy kinda thing, so that will definitely be a dine-in moment. I'll also try their Nashville chicken biscuit sammich, but delete the ranch and add slaw... their house pickles are good, but fairly strong so I learned I have to open the sammich for my own pickle distribution.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I changed the oil in the zeroturn which was late. First change was supposed to be at 5 hours and I went 10. Woopsie n stuff. Anyway, after that, I mowered and weedereatered and edgered the lawn and blew everything off followed by a trip to wally world for groceries. Now I don't know what to do.

I would dust the truck but according to the weather monkey on my phone, it's supposed to start thunderboomering about 5 in the mernin and continue to thunderboomer all day tomorrow. I guess we will see. I guess the weather monkey figures that if he continues to make the same forecast over and over that he is bound to eventually be right.
    You should do what I do when I'm bored... Get on CL or FB marketplace and buy a motorcycle you don't need.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rex ashton View Post
    you should do what i do when i'm bored... Get on cl or fb marketplace and buy a motorcycle you don't need.
    lol

Member #
    7 days
    Wandering in the wilderness.