View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

13 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 10.26%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 20.51%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

11 28.21%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

8 20.51%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 15.38%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 23.08%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

13 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1900 of 1992 FirstFirst ... 90014001800185018901898189919001901190219101950 ... LastLast
Results 75,961 to 76,000 of 79657

Thread: The Lunatic Fringe (Part 2)

Member #
    82 today ... good day to have all the windows down, rear slider, and sunroof open on the truck

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    82 today ... good day to have all the windows down, rear slider, and sunroof open on the truck
    Look at you get page 1900. I dont know why i noticed that but i did.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Mowering the drainage area is gonna be a little sketchy because its a little soft but im going for it because i wanna get other stuff done and wanna get that out of the way.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Mowering the drainage area is gonna be a little sketchy because its a little soft but im going for it because i wanna get other stuff done and wanna get that out of the way.
    Ya might wanna think about buying a goat mowing machine or two.
    Wandering in the wilderness.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Ya might wanna think about buying a goat mowing machine or two.
    It wasnt too bad. Im between mowering and weedereatering now.

The sky is making noise, but I am not sure if anything is going to fall

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Sundee is here.

Vacuum house. Brush Scooby. Cook food. Pay bills. Church. Go fishin or something.

Heading to Denver today to celebrate my brother's birthday with a Rockies game. Also taking Buddy up with use to meet up with his new family. Soon he'll be off to his new forever home. They had to move the meeting time up, so no church this morning.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Look at you get page 1900. I dont know why i noticed that but i did.
    I didn't notice that either .... look at me go.

Member #
    In on 1900.

Survived another trip to Alaska. Everything was just as we left it four years ago.
    Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway.
    Stupidity is the same.
    And thatís why life is hard.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    In on 1900.

Survived another trip to Alaska. Everything was just as we left it four years ago.
    Nice. I would like to go there sometime when it isnt cold.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Got a bunch more done with the string trimmer over my lunch hour. Been trying to get an hour or so every day done. Have quite a bit let to do but the front half is starting to look decent again. The fence line takes so damned long I should look into redoing it. Wire fencing without a border underneath is just not wise. Does anyone have a better solution than taking it down to dirt with chemicals, rocking it (which would need maintained with chemicals), or concrete? I am not a huge fan of chemicals and concrete (even edging/borders) gets expensive quickly. I would love to put up a solid panel fence like that is around my backyard with a concrete dig proof boarder, so the dog and future animals could safely make use of the entire acreage, but I just can't justify spending that kind of money on a fence right now.
    I took the fence loose from the posts and reattached it about 2-3" higher. That gives me enough room to run the weedeater underneath without tearing up the line constantly.

Member #
    Washed the black Saab thing yesterday, then Jodi tagged along to see a couple of my jobsites ... mostly the 7000sf place I'm wrapping up in Cherry Creek...

... weather great, windows down, sunroof open. I haven't really driven it since we got it .... that thing is pretty fun. She really likes it.

Member #
    In on 1900.

A state I've never been to .... I think it would be fun to go there.

Member #
    Sundee is here.

Vacuum house. Brush Scooby. Cook food. Pay bills. Church. Go fishin or something.
    I forgot to mention feeding a couple of fireant beds that have popped up since all the rain. I fed em the good good stuff.

Member #
    Looks to get to 90ish today.... Going to do a little surprise family gathering at Mom & Dad's place around lunch time since it was her 74th birthday yesterday.

.... my family, sister, niece thing and her kids, nephew thing ... gonna try to all fit in my folks' very small place.

Member #
    I forgot to mention feeding a couple of fireant beds that have popped up since all the rain. I fed em the good good stuff.
    a nice soaking of gasoline followed by fire?

Member #
    Images
    Hola Lewns!

1900 pages...
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

Member #
    VOTD:

I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.

-John 16:33

Member #
    Park day today pretty hot today crowds are thinning out a bit. Warrior canxed for September so hotel is going to be low on guests as it had been set aside for the participants.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    In on 1900.

AWESOME.

Was just asking Jake about you as I haven't seen you active lately. Good to hear you were out enjoying yourself and living life! Would love to hear all about your trip if you are willing to share.

Member #
    Images
    I took the fence loose from the posts and reattached it about 2-3" higher. That gives me enough room to run the weedeater underneath without tearing up the line constantly.
    Thanks for the reply! I have considered cutting the bottom row off as bunnies and other small furry creatures can pass right through anyway. And it seemed faster than moving the entire wire fence higher. But I worried about having the bottom of the fence "open" for some reason. Maybe I should stop being a pansy and give 'er hell.

Member #
    Images
    Park day today pretty hot today crowds are thinning out a bit. Warrior canxed for September so hotel is going to be low on guests as it had been set aside for the participants.
    Do you like the hotel full and busy with people? Or do you prefer it slower with not many there?

Member #
    Images
    Washed the black Saab thing yesterday, then Jodi tagged along to see a couple of my jobsites ... mostly the 7000sf place I'm wrapping up in Cherry Creek...

... weather great, windows down, sunroof open. I haven't really driven it since we got it .... that thing is pretty fun. She really likes it.
    Any photos from the recent remodels?

Member #
    Images
    This weekend has turned out to be great! On top of continuing to keep cranking through work, I finally found another tile guy as the old GC ended up getting his NASA contract and had to focus his energies on the rocket contract. Can't fault a guy for following his passions. But it delayed our master bathroom project over a year now. But the contractor I just hired will be able to start by the end of September. And his and his son's work is top notch. I had a client refer me and then they ended up working on my buddy's new place. They did 3 bathrooms and a kitchen, along with a entrance way and an outdoor kitchen/bar. So if their work comes out half as well as my buddy's place, I will be stoked.

Then the Broncos showed some promise last night and I made an fantastic dinner to enjoy during it. Honestly, just spending the quiet evening at home alone with my wife was the best part. Then this morning a fellow member of this forum and his sister stopped by to pick the apples from one of our trees. It was such a blessing that they saw my FB post asking if anyone wanted apples. They will be making spiked apple cider from them. It was awesome that they could use the fruit and even better that we got to catch up. There are some really amazing people that frequent and\or used to frequent this forum.

Member #
    I went kayak fishing this afternoon and shockingly, i could only catch them on top water baits which isnt right for the middle of the day with the sun beating down. I had fun and caught several but again, nothing big although they all thought they were big by the way they fought. Most were 1 1/2 to 2 pounds again.

Its been a pretty good weekend. I dont even think ill curse mundee too bad when it gets here in a few hours.

Member #
    Oh I’ll curse Monday

Member #
    Oh I’ll curse Monday
    I might still a little bit.

Member #
    Oh I’ll curse Monday
    I might still a little bit.
    Yup.

Member #
    VOTD:

bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.

Colossians 3:13

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Any photos from the recent remodels?
    Nah, don't share much client stuff ... one of which I've never met.... they moved in yesterday from out of state ... have a few details / ad-ons to complete.

Member #
    Images
    Nah, don't share much client stuff ... one of which I've never met.... they moved in yesterday from out of state ... have a few details / ad-ons to complete.
    i get it, it seems that the digital age has come full circle, no one wants anyone else to know what they live in/ it looks like, yet its cool if they snap 80k pictures of the exact same property and share it publicly.

I have started shaking the trees of the unit turn world, I can't stand the residential adventure.

Rex, I keep pushing my team to reach out to you, but I know it isn't happening. I am bordering on a call Rex or die mandate so we can focus on cooler things.
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    i get it, it seems that the digital age has come full circle, no one wants anyone else to know what they live in/ it looks like, yet its cool if they snap 80k pictures of the exact same property and share it publicly.

I have started shaking the trees of the unit turn world, I can't stand the residential adventure.

Rex, I keep pushing my team to reach out to you, but I know it isn't happening. I am bordering on a call Rex or die mandate so we can focus on cooler things.
    lulz ... all good Rich ... I was planning to take on the one loft project your associate had for a test project, but it was somewhat tight to begin with and then her client shrank it down to something that became too small for me to tackle, especially for a loft with the challenges that require maneuvering in those things. I felt bad for her as I believe she had quite a few hours invested for something that would not yield enough in the end.

I know the lower-budget flips the company acquires may also be challenging for a guy like me, but I'm definitely still open for projects where I potentially fit in.

I think we all realize the world is a "get in where you fit in" place these days!

Member #
    Since I miss a bunch of days.... an extra one today ....

VOTD:

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 1:7

Member #
    Happy toozdee. Its gonna be a warm one.

Member #
    Working day done.

Member #
    Images
    In on 1900

Member #
    Images
    Okay loons. I have a technical question. Please don't hit me with the ban hammer.

I need some sort of fuel tank/cell for my Reo project. It is a 48 REO Speedwagon on a mid 80s chevy 1 ton chasis. I could do a blazer style tank in the back between the frames, but I am afraid I will poke a hole in it as this is going to spend a lot of time in the woods.

Any thoughts on where to start. I hit the google machine, and got lots of possible options, but Just too much to filter through today. I would like something that I can fill form a filler neck in the side of the flat bed that I am putting on.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    Okay loons. I have a technical question. Please don't hit me with the ban hammer.

I need some sort of fuel tank/cell for my Reo project. It is a 48 REO Speedwagon on a mid 80s chevy 1 ton chasis. I could do a blazer style tank in the back between the frames, but I am afraid I will poke a hole in it as this is going to spend a lot of time in the woods.

Any thoughts on where to start. I hit the google machine, and got lots of possible options, but Just too much to filter through today. I would like something that I can fill form a filler neck in the side of the flat bed that I am putting on.
    If you were still in CO, i could hook you up with the guy that built custom tanks for us at the Fo by Fo shop but other than that, ive got nuttin.

Member #
    Images
    lulz ... all good Rich ... I was planning to take on the one loft project your associate had for a test project, but it was somewhat tight to begin with and then her client shrank it down to something that became too small for me to tackle, especially for a loft with the challenges that require maneuvering in those things. I felt bad for her as I believe she had quite a few hours invested for something that would not yield enough in the end.

I know the lower-budget flips the company acquires may also be challenging for a guy like me, but I'm definitely still open for projects where I potentially fit in.

I think we all realize the world is a "get in where you fit in" place these days!
    Funny you mention that, i am getting into quite a few unit turn jobs here in town, mostly 20-50 units in banks of 4ish at a time. The hook for us is maybe doing something cooler at the end of the day than this stuff....