View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

13 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 10.26%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 20.51%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

11 28.21%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

8 20.51%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 15.38%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 23.08%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

13 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1895 of 1992 FirstFirst ... 89513951795184518851893189418951896189719051945 ... LastLast
Results 75,761 to 75,800 of 79657

Thread: The Lunatic Fringe (Part 2)

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Wonder if Rich got out of OKC or is still at the airport bar?
    Stoooooopid airport. The place there rolls up the sidewalks at 5pm.... WTF. They shut down the only 2 bars/restaurants in the airport at 5pm. One because their grill broke, so they started sending everyone home. The other just closes then. Clearly a horrible business move on both parts as there was 7 flights sitting at the 10 gate airport delayed for hours....

I only enjoyed 2 frosty beverages, and then had to sit and wait until 8pm for the flight to finally leave.
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    I hope Allen doesn't smoke ... He needs those truck-dusting breaks at work when some folks take a smoke-break.
    I do not smoke but i have found that using the Hog for work eliminates a lot of dusting requirements.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    Stoooooopid airport. The place there rolls up the sidewalks at 5pm.... WTF. They shut down the only 2 bars/restaurants in the airport at 5pm. One because their grill broke, so they started sending everyone home. The other just closes then. Clearly a horrible business move on both parts as there was 7 flights sitting at the 10 gate airport delayed for hours....

I only enjoyed 2 frosty beverages, and then had to sit and wait until 8pm for the flight to finally leave.
    Back when I had a 9-5 Corporate-America job, I thought about what job I would consider as a 2nd job for xtra $$ ....

.... Bartender at the best concourse airport bar... tons of delayed flights + travelers on expense accounts + travelers who have to arrive very early vs. flight time (both coming & going vacation) = generous tips.

Those people wanna drink close to their gate to hear announcements / loading.... Plenty of hawt local and outta-town wimminz .... No bouncers or cops necessary as things don't get rowdy there.... Gotta be the best bar-tending gig in town.

Member #
    Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway.
    Stupidity is the same.
    And thatís why life is hard.

Member #
    Hellz yeah!

Member #
    We did get us some rain today and its still coming down. I guess i better get out in the garage and mop the truck.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Back when I had a 9-5 Corporate-America job, I thought about what job I would consider as a 2nd job for xtra $$ ....

.... Bartender at the best concourse airport bar... tons of delayed flights + travelers on expense accounts + travelers who have to arrive very early vs. flight time (both coming & going vacation) = generous tips.

Those people wanna drink close to their gate to hear announcements / loading.... Plenty of hawt local and outta-town wimminz .... No bouncers or cops necessary as things don't get rowdy there.... Gotta be the best bar-tending gig in town.
    I tended bar off and on during my college days. I worked out at the Ft Collins Country Club during special events and also worked for a couple different catering companies. That was kinda like what you mention. Plenty of good looking women from all over while offering a chill environment and GREAT tips. Weddings/corporate gigs were the best. Usually open bars with grateful guests.

Member #
    Tarred more and more.
    Wandering in the wilderness.

Member #
    Happy fridee everyone!

We have had cooler weather most of this week and ended up with some good rainfall that we were starting to need yesterday but we heat back up starting today through next toozdee with highs in the high 90s then its supposed to get hot after that.

Member #
    looks like 91 today

Member #
    looks like 91 today
    my therm-mo-mom-eter says 91 right now ...

Member #
    Images

yes....

I have a business idea for a vending setup for stupid places like this.

Member #
    94 feels like 103

Member #
    Images
    The rain is falling

Member #
    Sadurdee.

I gotta do some stuff and then do a couple of other stuffs and mow the lawn and the stuff that goes along with that then maybe go fiahin'.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Sadurdee.

I gotta do some stuff and then do a couple of other stuffs and mow the lawn and the stuff that goes along with that then maybe go fiahin'.
    Same, same. Except for the fiahin'

Member #
    Gotta go get a painter started at an interior job and then check on a different painter doing a 7000 sf interior.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Same, same. Except for the fiahin'
    Yeah, fiahin' is completely harder to do than fishin' which almost anyone can do. I am not surprised that you are not gonna go fiahin'.

Member #
    Images
    Well hell. I got a really good job offer yesterday. Here is the deal.

A little over a year ago I moved back to MO to retire. My retirement pays for everything we need. Then I decided that working on golf cars a couple of days a week would be a good way to earn some play money. The guys that have this territory wanted a dealership in town, so I let them talk me into opening one. I'm not in love with the company as they have grown faster than they have the ability to keep up with. they don't seem to be adapting quickly enough. I suspect all the things we have identified that need fixed will be the same next year. (ex. We don't have nearly enough trucks/trailers/drivers. they have not ordered either trucks or trailers and I know trailers are a year out). I am also not enjoying 6 day weeks and putting up with people who don't want to work.

A few weeks ago an old friend of mine approached me with a proposal. He wants to put in a trailer manufacturing plant in town. He wanted me to be his production manager. It would not be a full time deal, but would pay per unit (for me and the fabricators). The numbers he was proposing would have been very good pay for all.

Yesterday he asked me to come see him. He is in negotiations to buy an existing plant in NW Alabama. It is already established and is 5X the size he was going to build. They are currently running at about 30% capacity and are over a year behind on orders. They are not running efficiently. The founder passed away a while back, and his 2 young sons are trying to run it. The plant has living quarters in it. It is 6 hours away. He wants me to go down for 3 days a week for the next 6-12 months. Once again, he is wiling to make it very much worth my while. But I don't want to have a job, and I for sure don't want to travel every week. BUT... People don't normally throw money like this at you. What say the Loons.

Also, I have a guy who already lives in NW AL that I suspect would be willing to take over for me once I got it up and running.

The numbers... This plant has 5 lines. One of the lines is producing 4 trailers a week. The entire plant is averaging 7. It should be producing 25 a week minimum.

Second question... Anyone know any painters/welders who would like to live in a small town in NW AL?

Member #
    Images
    At this point in life 'doing a job' and 'having a job' are two completely different things. The first is a short sacrifice of one's life for a small reward while the second is a long term sacrifice that may prove to be longer than life's ability to enjoy the reward earned from it. Validating the risk/reward is a tricky thing.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post

A little over a year ago I moved back to MO to retire. My retirement pays for everything we need. Then I decided that working on golf cars a couple of days a week would be a good way to earn some play money. The guys that have this territory wanted a dealership in town, so I let them talk me into opening one. I'm not in love with the company as they have grown faster than they have the ability to keep up with. they don't seem to be adapting quickly enough. I suspect all the things we have identified that need fixed will be the same next year. (ex. We don't have nearly enough trucks/trailers/drivers. they have not ordered either trucks or trailers and I know trailers are a year out). I am also not enjoying 6 day weeks and putting up with people who don't want to work.

A few weeks ago an old friend of mine approached me with a proposal. He wants to put in a trailer manufacturing plant in town. He wanted me to be his production manager. It would not be a full time deal, but would pay per unit (for me and the fabricators). The numbers he was proposing would have been very good pay for all.

Yesterday he asked me to come see him. He is in negotiations to buy an existing plant in NW Alabama. It is already established and is 5X the size he was going to build. They are currently running at about 30% capacity and are over a year behind on orders. They are not running efficiently. The founder passed away a while back, and his 2 young sons are trying to run it. The plant has living quarters in it. It is 6 hours away. He wants me to go down for 3 days a week for the next 6-12 months. Once again, he is wiling to make it very much worth my while. But I don't want to have a job, and I for sure don't want to travel every week. BUT... People don't normally throw money like this at you. What say the Loons.

Also, I have a guy who already lives in NW AL that I suspect would be willing to take over for me once I got it up and running.

The numbers... This plant has 5 lines. One of the lines is producing 4 trailers a week. The entire plant is averaging 7. It should be producing 25 a week minimum.

Second question... Anyone know any painters/welders who would like to live in a small town in NW AL?
    It sounds like it could be a pretty fun gig. 3 days/week for 6-12 months for really good $$ .... I'd go with it but with an up front agreement for a minimum on a very short term compensation with the understanding that if you get there and hate it, he needs to quickly find your replacement.

Member #
    Images

Where does the wife unit stand on this deal? I would jump on it if it gives you the play money you need to be "more" retired and allow you to find something that is less of a leader role and more of an employee role. I think at a certain point you just want to have a small job and not have the responsibility? But maybe that is my thoughts when i get closer to the retirement level in life.

Member #
    I started out years ago welding horse trailers and frac tanks at Neckover Trailers in Troup, TX.

It's long hours if done right.

Member #

My day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post

My day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You sure got some purdy nails..

Member #

Well just remember all the time away from the family while in the AF and any problems it caused. Is the money worth that potential set of problems again?

Member #
    Daggum ... stole something today without negotiating ... sometimes, the deal is the deal, so I gave him his asking price.... He dropped it $3K this morning after a dealer called him with a lowball offer after recently posting....

Kind of a holy grail car as it's the last year produced ... 2011 Saab 9-5 AWD turbo Linear with 72K miles... OCD seller who maintained it to the max ... new tires, brakes, trans service, AWD service, oil change, etc.... freakin' thing is mint .... $55K new; $8900 today.

The 300hp turbo in that lightweight car is slightly more fun than 2 midgets in a wheelbarrow ....

Jodi wants it to be her ride now .... gonna sell the Charger R/T Hemi AWD.... also fairly tough car to find, so I kinda want to keep it... that thing has be rock solid.

The damn Saab thing is black .... I will wash it as usual, but Jodi will be in charge of dusting it.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    Where does the wife unit stand on this deal? I would jump on it if it gives you the play money you need to be "more" retired and allow you to find something that is less of a leader role and more of an employee role. I think at a certain point you just want to have a small job and not have the responsibility? But maybe that is my thoughts when i get closer to the retirement level in life.
    You hit it in the head. Iíd love to be a recognition for a couple of days a week and get paid for my abilities.

On the other side of that coin. I have a set of skills that are very valuable, so much so that most companies canít afford to pay for it as a full time position. This guy gets that and gets that I donít want a full time career.

Member #
    Images
    I started out years ago welding horse trailers and frac tanks at Neckover Trailers in Troup, TX.

It's long hours if done right.
    Make no mistake. I wonít be spending much if any time behind a mask. My job is to introduce efficiencies and get the right team in there and producing at the highest capacity possible.

Member #
    You hit it in the head. I’d love to be a recognition for a couple of days a week and get paid for my abilities.

On the other side of that coin. I have a set of skills that are very valuable, so much so that most companies can’t afford to pay for it as a full time position. This guy gets that and gets that I don’t want a full time career.

Just my .02 here but unless you need to make more money for a short term, don't do it. The work force today will do nothing but piss you off and frustrate you. I dont care how good of a motivator you are, todays work force knows that you cant replace them so they dont give a solid crap about working hard or good.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Just my .02 here but unless you need to make more money for a short term, don't do it. The work force today will do nothing but piss you off and frustrate you. I dont care how good of a motivator you are, todays work force knows that you cant replace them so they dont give a solid crap about working hard or good.
    Agreed. But after he shoots the first one in the face the rest will fall into line. It's NW Bama after all.

Member #
    The damn Saab thing is black .... I will wash it as usual, but Jodi will be in charge of dusting it.
    Wrap it
    " A mans rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" Fredrick Douglass
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    Buds getting us all a deal on a trailer!

Member #
    Agreed. But after he shoots the first one in the face the rest will fall into line. It's NW Bama after all.
    No, they wont. They will just file for unemployment due to a hostile work environment and even if they didnt do that, he would have just screwed himself because he wouldnt be able to fill the vacancy left by the one with a hole in his face.

I am "kinda" joking about this but sadly, not really joking about it.

Thanks Biden.

Member #
    Happy sundee.

Member #
    Jodi fired up her Pit Boss smoker yesterday .... she just tends to overload us at any given time ... gonna have to take some sausage, ribs, and brisket to dad who is still recovering from back surgery. She's still finishing up.... good stuff on the last weekend before school starts for Trey; Court the week after.

Member #
    Images
    Jodi fired up her Pit Boss smoker yesterday .... she just tends to overload us at any given time ... gonna have to take some sausage, ribs, and brisket to dad who is still recovering from back surgery. She's still finishing up.... good stuff on the last weekend before school starts for Trey; Court the week after.
    Wow schools back in session that quickly eh?

Member #
    Images
    My old property in Longmont is back up for sale. My good friend who purchased it as rental income needs the money for a different property purchase. Guess he had a buyer lined up who balked the day of closing without any reasoning. So he gets to keep the earnest money, but that doesn't help him acquire the other property. Well it just so happened that another friend of mine was really interested in it and I was able to connect the two of them. Sounds like they will be able to come to an agreement that will work for everyone involved (other friend needs to sell his current place to make it happen). Super stoked to see this working out for both friends. And that they could make it happen so quickly.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    My old property in Longmont is back up for sale. My good friend who purchased it as rental income needs the money for a different property purchase. Guess he had a buyer lined up who balked the day of closing without any reasoning. So he gets to keep the earnest money, but that doesn't help him acquire the other property. Well it just so happened that another friend of mine was really interested in it and I was able to connect the two of them. Sounds like they will be able to come to an agreement that will work for everyone involved (other friend needs to sell his current place to make it happen). Super stoked to see this working out for both friends. And that they could make it happen so quickly.
    I'm so happy that you are so special.

Member #
    Kayak is loaded. Fishing is near.