View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

    12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

    4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

    8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

    10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

    7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

    6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

    9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

    12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1580 of 1580 FirstFirst ... 5801080148015301570157815791580
Results 63,161 to 63,188 of 63188
  1. #63161
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    256
    Long day. Up at 5am, left shop for client's at 7am, got home from client's at 10:30pm. Didn't get to eat all day, and am over hungry, to the point of feeling ill. But got the project finished after showing up to an absolute shitshow. Figuring out there is a reason DOD, DOJ, and DOE contracts pay so well. They all turn into shitshows. Good times.

  2. #63162
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott91MJ View Post
    Horrible first day in the field...

    Forgot my lunch and water bottle at home, when I dropped off my vehicle to carpool I left my key in the keyhole in the trunk...it was an act of God that my car was still there, almost was late picking up my daughter from daycare. Shish, luckily tomorrow will be better.
    Sounds like a heck of a first day. Hope things go better the next time out. Just remember that the more you can roll with the punches, the easier things will feel, even when they are going poorly. Sounds like you were able to salvage the day. Good on ya for working through the tough bits!

  3. #63163
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    lets drag race them at not quite highway speeds all the way back lol...
    You'd win

  4. #63164
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Humping day.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

  5. #63165
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    256
    Anyone else need a nap on this glorious Wednesday morning?

  6. #63166
    ASCTLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Black Forest
    Member #
    1416
    Images
    5
    nope

  7. #63167
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    nope
    I'd settle for a break to get a HUGE breakfast at this point. Too bad breakfast food doesn't keep well and is easily deliverable. I would totally order some biscuits and gravy with eggs, bacon, hash browns, and some lightly buttered wheat toast. Or a really well put together breakfast burrito smothered in green chili. Mmmm, I am hungry

  8. #63168
    stopped at mcderps for bfast, was already on the highway when I realized the sandwich they gave me didn't have cheese or sausage in it, it was just egg in a biscuit lol
    break, fix, repeat

  9. #63169
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Anyone else need a nap on this glorious Wednesday morning?

    i do, I woke up at 430~ and laid in bed feeling like death til about 730


    some douchebag was lighting off fireworks til 515ish this AM

  10. #63170
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Long day. Up at 5am, left shop for client's at 7am, got home from client's at 10:30pm. Didn't get to eat all day, and am over hungry, to the point of feeling ill. But got the project finished after showing up to an absolute shitshow. Figuring out there is a reason DOD, DOJ, and DOE contracts pay so well. They all turn into shitshows. Good times.

    holy damn that sounds like a hell of a day

  11. #63171
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    That is a bit of good news!

    Did you figure out the towing situation?
    Unfortunately, I did... The guy had a long list of guys wanting to buy both vehicles... One was a project for Trey and I and the other was a 3rd vehicle for us.

    I underestimated the difficulties driving with this thing as it's very uncomfortable. The truck is worse, and the Charger is barely tolerable right now. It wasn't fair to the seller for him to wait any longer to get rid of them, so I regretfully bowed out and let him move on to the next guy on the list.

    In addition, I got the cost for the surgery yesterday, and it's about $1800 more than the "shoot from the hip" quote I had gotten (and guessed based on my elbow 3 years ago)

    A HUGE THANKS to Rich, Aaron, and Andy for their offers to help as I would've definitely needed it.

    Since my world has changed quite a bit since Sunday, I just need to focus on this surgery and being able to take care of clients right now.

  12. #63172
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Long day. Up at 5am, left shop for client's at 7am, got home from client's at 10:30pm. Didn't get to eat all day, and am over hungry, to the point of feeling ill. But got the project finished after showing up to an absolute shitshow. Figuring out there is a reason DOD, DOJ, and DOE contracts pay so well. They all turn into shitshows. Good times.
    That is indeed a long day and that not eating part is no bueno. I've been guilty of doing similar and it ends up with some negative consequence .... Hope you can avoid that part next time and make time to put some fuel in your system.

  13. #63173
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Unfortunately, I did... The guy had a long list of guys wanting to buy both vehicles... One was a project for Trey and I and the other was a 3rd vehicle for us.

    I underestimated the difficulties driving with this thing as it's very uncomfortable. The truck is worse, and the Charger is barely tolerable right now. It wasn't fair to the seller for him to wait any longer to get rid of them, so I regretfully bowed out and let him move on to the next guy on the list.

    In addition, I got the cost for the surgery yesterday, and it's about $1800 more than the "shoot from the hip" quote I had gotten (and guessed based on my elbow 3 years ago)

    A HUGE THANKS to Rich, Aaron, and Andy for their offers to help as I would've definitely needed it.

    Since my world has changed quite a bit since Sunday, I just need to focus on this surgery and being able to take care of clients right now.

    gotta take care of yourself, there will always be another project truck

  14. #63174
    tacotoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Westminster
    Member #
    6222
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Unfortunately, I did... The guy had a long list of guys wanting to buy both vehicles... One was a project for Trey and I and the other was a 3rd vehicle for us.

    I underestimated the difficulties driving with this thing as it's very uncomfortable. The truck is worse, and the Charger is barely tolerable right now. It wasn't fair to the seller for him to wait any longer to get rid of them, so I regretfully bowed out and let him move on to the next guy on the list.

    In addition, I got the cost for the surgery yesterday, and it's about $1800 more than the "shoot from the hip" quote I had gotten (and guessed based on my elbow 3 years ago)

    A HUGE THANKS to Rich, Aaron, and Andy for their offers to help as I would've definitely needed it.

    Since my world has changed quite a bit since Sunday, I just need to focus on this surgery and being able to take care of clients right now.
    No worries man, there is always more cars out there, but i completely get the priority shift. Sometimes life happens.
    hookers and blow!

  15. #63175
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    i do, I woke up at 430~ and laid in bed feeling like death til about 730


    some douchebag was lighting off fireworks til 515ish this AM
    Ugh, that is rough. Hope tonight allows you some good sleep!

  16. #63176
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Unfortunately, I did... The guy had a long list of guys wanting to buy both vehicles... One was a project for Trey and I and the other was a 3rd vehicle for us.

    I underestimated the difficulties driving with this thing as it's very uncomfortable. The truck is worse, and the Charger is barely tolerable right now. It wasn't fair to the seller for him to wait any longer to get rid of them, so I regretfully bowed out and let him move on to the next guy on the list.

    In addition, I got the cost for the surgery yesterday, and it's about $1800 more than the "shoot from the hip" quote I had gotten (and guessed based on my elbow 3 years ago)

    A HUGE THANKS to Rich, Aaron, and Andy for their offers to help as I would've definitely needed it.

    Since my world has changed quite a bit since Sunday, I just need to focus on this surgery and being able to take care of clients right now.
    Sorry man. Unexpected medical expenses and changing plans due to them and the injury, is something I am VERY familiar with. Don't wish it on anyone. Hoping you heal up quickly, and that your clients are understanding. Please let me know if you need anything. My schedule is more ridiculous then it has been in years (hard to believe as I have always had a healthy wait list), but willing to help with anything if I can make time. It never hurts to ask, and if the past posts have shown anything, I am not the only one willing to help. You have a support system here when you need it.

  17. #63177
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    That is indeed a long day and that not eating part is no bueno. I've been guilty of doing similar and it ends up with some negative consequence .... Hope you can avoid that part next time and make time to put some fuel in your system.
    I do this WAY too often. But this summer, it seems to be catching up with me more than it has before. I think the biggest thing has been more outdoor work. So combine the sun with no food and long hours, and water just doesn't cut it anymore. I hate Gatorade, but really need to find something like it at least for the electrolytes. This morning has been rough with my leg muscles cramping up even. Makes lifting things sucks. But I was able to finally get some food into me this morning and lots more water before I left for a job site. And now this afternoon I am starting to feel better. Just in time to head back out to another job site and work in the sun till dark. Someday I will learn to take care of myself before the client. Someday.

  18. #63178
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    no worries man, there is always more cars out there, but i completely get the priority shift. Sometimes life happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by wulf View Post
    gotta take care of yourself, there will always be another project truck
    amen!

  19. #63179
    OFRD_GRL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On my high horse...
    Member #
    11819
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Thanks.... I like the surgeon my attorney/buddy recommended... His day is already booked for tomorrow, but he modified his schedule to get me into the less expensive surgery center for Friday and will be doing it then...
    Good luck with surgery! Who is your surgeon?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    ~Una
    "dn ǝps ʎuɥs ǝɥʇ dǝǝʞ"

  20. #63180
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Woot! I just got a letter in the mail from Hickory Hollow Rod and Gun Club with a contract for membership. I have been on the waiting list for four or five years. Color me egg cited to get this check in the mail and receive my keys.

  21. #63181
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I do this WAY too often. But this summer, it seems to be catching up with me more than it has before. I think the biggest thing has been more outdoor work. So combine the sun with no food and long hours, and water just doesn't cut it anymore. I hate Gatorade, but really need to find something like it at least for the electrolytes. This morning has been rough with my leg muscles cramping up even. Makes lifting things sucks. But I was able to finally get some food into me this morning and lots more water before I left for a job site. And now this afternoon I am starting to feel better. Just in time to head back out to another job site and work in the sun till dark. Someday I will learn to take care of myself before the client. Someday.

    I buy the generic brand pedialite from Kroger. It has a ton of electolytes. I also don't necessarily mix it with water because it's like those candy powders if you just eat it dry

  22. #63182
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL View Post
    Good luck with surgery! Who is your surgeon?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Now have 3 folks who tell me he's a well known sports surgeon... Joel Gonzales with Orthopedic Associates

    I've used Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine in the past with Dr. Worrel repairing my elbow.... Was referred to Dr. Swann there for the knee, but he couldn't get to me as quickly. Here's those guys.... I like them a lot too....

    https://advancedortho.org/about-us/our-physicians/

  23. #63183
    Scott91MJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    behind the rock
    Member #
    7400
    I'm glad you are getting the surgery sooner rather than later rex.

    Yes, today was a better day, the carpool picked me up at the house, we fixed a couple of things, and then got to pick up the daughter on time.

    Shameless plug: I'm working for DH Pace on the commercial side, Ankmar doors is on the residential side that I'm not in, the warehouse is awesome, lots of techs in training to help out with solid repairs.
    04 LWB LJ 4.0L 42RLE 2.5" OME lift 1" body lift 35" KO2s
    91 SWB MJ 4.0L AX-15 4:1NP-231 D30 D44a 6" tomken 32" KM2s
    99 MX-5 1.8L 5 speed 23" all seasons

  24. #63184
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Glad you found a new job that you are liking Scott.

  25. #63185
    OFRD_GRL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On my high horse...
    Member #
    11819
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Woot! I just got a letter in the mail from Hickory Hollow Rod and Gun Club with a contract for membership. I have been on the waiting list for four or five years. Color me egg cited to get this check in the mail and receive my keys.
    Exciting, congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Now have 3 folks who tell me he's a well known sports surgeon... Joel Gonzales with Orthopedic Associates

    I've used Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine in the past with Dr. Worrel repairing my elbow.... Was referred to Dr. Swann there for the knee, but he couldn't get to me as quickly. Here's those guys.... I like them a lot too....

    https://advancedortho.org/about-us/our-physicians/
    Cool! Glad you've got a good one.

    Advanced Ortho fixed my ankle and took care of my wrist. Colorado Orthopaedic did the femurs and managed the fibula.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  26. #63186
    Quote Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL View Post
    Exciting, congrats!Cool! Glad you've got a good one.

    Advanced Ortho fixed my ankle and took care of my wrist. Colorado Orthopaedic did the femurs and managed the fibula.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Who did your ankle? Dr. Ng? He rocks.

    Mark

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    ''Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.'' - Plato

  27. #63187
    OFRD_GRL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On my high horse...
    Member #
    11819
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaldedDog View Post
    Who did your ankle? Dr. Ng? He rocks.

    Mark

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Dr. Scott Resig

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  28. #63188
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Fridee eve.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •