View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

    12 38.71%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

    3 9.68%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

    7 22.58%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

    8 25.81%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

    7 22.58%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

    6 19.35%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

    9 29.03%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

    10 32.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 986 of 996 FirstFirst ... 486886936976984985986987988 ... LastLast
Results 39,401 to 39,440 of 39833
  1. #39401
    been thinking about another PC build for a long time, kicked it off by snagging a new case for $5 and an i5-7600k for $145
    break, fix, repeat

  2. #39402
    tacotoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Westminster
    Member #
    6222
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    been thinking about another PC build for a long time, kicked it off by snagging a new case for $5 and an i5-7600k for $145
    do it!!

    I have been toying with rebuilding my HTPC media server for the last year or so. I went with an AMD build before as I was using twin video cards and could rip and encode dvd's fairly quickly. Times have changed and I really need to upgrade to a SSD setup for the OS and maybe even move the media server portion to a standalone RAID setup with Plex on it.
    hookers and blow!

  3. #39403
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    do it!!

    I have been toying with rebuilding my HTPC media server for the last year or so. I went with an AMD build before as I was using twin video cards and could rip and encode dvd's fairly quickly. Times have changed and I really need to upgrade to a SSD setup for the OS and maybe even move the media server portion to a standalone RAID setup with Plex on it.
    snagged a top of the line Asus board from MC for $39 open box, normally $300 lol. my coworker has a H80 cooler I think I might grab for another $20 and then I'm basically in business after adding RAM

  4. #39404
    thought about going AMD but intel is king for gaming. I'll probably be selling/giving away some hardware if you need some things

  5. #39405
    tacotoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Westminster
    Member #
    6222
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    snagged a top of the line Asus board from MC for $39 open box, normally $300 lol. my coworker has a H80 cooler I think I might grab for another $20 and then I'm basically in business after adding RAM
    meh to the h80..... i had one on my setup, i went from ripping a dvd in about 4 minutes to about 30 because the processor was thermal limiting with the h80 on there. went back to full air cooling and all was well. if you do liquid, do it all the way is what it seems

    it did make me wonder about the guy that set his whole system in mineral oil, how long would that take to heat up with no radiator? lol

  6. #39406
    tacotoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Westminster
    Member #
    6222
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    thought about going AMD but intel is king for gaming. I'll probably be selling/giving away some hardware if you need some things
    let me know what might be on the docket....

  7. #39407
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    let me know what might be on the docket....
    well depending on how things turn out it's looking like I will have a Q6600+mobo+ram, i5 750+mobo+ram, Pentium 4400+mobo, assorted fans and maybe some accessory cards. I may keep one of those for a mining rig but I haven't decided.

  8. #39408
    I donít know wtf you just said, which is why I buy Apple stuff. With them, you get what they want you to have, and thatís all.
    I'm sorry, I wasn't listening.

  9. #39409
    I also have a Macbook pro from 2011. I think I have a computer problem

  10. #39410
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Time to head to a pond.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

  11. #39411
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I also have a Macbook pro from 2011. I think I have a computer problem
    Iím gonna buy one of those once I get my house paid off.

  12. #39412
    Quote Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger View Post
    Iím gonna buy one of those once I get my house paid off.
    i need to stop buying shit until I buy a house lol

  13. #39413
    2~ months away if things go well

  14. #39414
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    i need to stop buying shit until I buy a house lol
    Weíre on track to have ours paid off next year. 21 years early.

  15. #39415
    Well, 20 years and some change early... but whoís counting, right?

  16. #39416
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Well that was a blast. I guess the bass decided it was time to eat everything in sight before stupid winter gets here because they were just flat out slamming buzz baits and spinnerbaits up in the trees.

    Might have to run back out there tomorrow evening.

  17. #39417
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger View Post
    Weíre on track to have ours paid off next year. 21 years early.
    Congrats.

    Im working on the same but have a few years to go.

  18. #39418
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Congrats.

    Im working on the same but have a few years to go.
    Thatís why I donít have that SxS yet...

  19. #39419
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger View Post
    Thatís why I donít have that SxS yet...
    Yeah, my house would be paid for a lot sooner had i not bought mine but im old. Gotta have fun while i still can.

  20. #39420
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Yeah, my house would be paid for a lot sooner had i not bought mine but im old. Gotta have fun while i still can.
    Understandable. Nothing wrong with it either. Iím the one not doing the ďnormalĒ thing.

  21. #39421
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Loons.

  22. #39422
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger View Post
    Understandable. Nothing wrong with it either. Iím the one not doing the ďnormalĒ thing.
    It is the smart thing though. My shat should have been paid off but i lost my ass on the first house i bought when i moved to CO. Moved there and needed to buy at the wrong time.

  23. #39423
    Well, goodnight loons. See you tomorrow.

  24. #39424
    Paid mine off 8 years ago...
    The benefits from MILSPEC requirements are priceless!

  25. #39425
    Quote Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger View Post
    Weíre on track to have ours paid off next year. 21 years early.
    hell yeah

  26. #39426
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ked-homeowners

    multiple people sent this to me today..... definitely some varying viewpoints....

  27. #39427
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    It's weird how random the newer TPMS sensors sometimes kick off the error in my truck and then it resets for a few days. I like Rick's idea of putting the old ones in a pressurized pvc thingy, but I don't want to spend the money to get the old ones out as I should put the old wheels/tires on CL.... next buyer will probably want those sensors....

    I think I'm OK pushing the OK button on my steering wheel every once in a while.

  28. #39428
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    78 was nice today... probably done with those days for a while.

    Jodi and I walked down to the bus-stop this afternoon and walked home with Court. Gonna miss the nice weather.

  29. #39429
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Not sure how my email got all spamified a few weeks ago, but it's irritating. I group delete about 150 spam email a day. The ones that make it to my inbox just jam up my property proxy emails.

    I've had my email addy too long so I guess I'll just keep the mass delete routines throughout the day.... The unsubscribe thing doesn't last and they all come back.

    Let me know if any of you are interested in life-lock, a Russian bride, or a walk-in-tub

  30. #39430
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Battery life on the MacBook Air sure is diminishing

  31. #39431
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Battery life on the MacBook Air sure is diminishing
    Much like the odds on sleeping?

  32. #39432
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Much like the odds on sleeping?
    I'm hoping to increase those soon

  33. #39433
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    but I'm not sure how that's gonna work out

  34. #39434
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    in about an hour, I'll be awake at the same local time as you

  35. #39435
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Since Court had a hoodie on when he left the house this morning, I didn't notice that both his Steph Curry shirt and Nike Elite shorts were on backwards when he got off the bus. Damn kid does the backwards shorts thing all the time but not sure how the shirt thing happened.... His sense of style includes very un-matching socks and basketball tights under his basketball shorts.

    Aside from the backwards, I give him credit as he usually looks pretty sporty stylish.... It tends to irritate the parents of other kids who want to duplicate his look with the exception of the backwards bball shorts as most don't notice and I'm pretty sure it's not intentional.... just careless.

  36. #39436
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    I think I searched enough real estate in MLS for the day so now I'm numb to judging which houses to go see tomorrow.... Hopefully that means sleep is planning an attack on me.

  37. #39437
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Loons.

  38. #39438
    ASCTLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Black Forest
    Member #
    1416
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    It's weird how random the newer TPMS sensors sometimes kick off the error in my truck and then it resets for a few days. I like Rick's idea of putting the old ones in a pressurized pvc thingy, but I don't want to spend the money to get the old ones out as I should put the old wheels/tires on CL.... next buyer will probably want those sensors....

    I think I'm OK pushing the OK button on my steering wheel every once in a while.
    Just fix em right and be done with it, you know you'll be satisfied after you do it.

    I actually like the system in the WJ. Was driving along one day and the system alarmed on a front tire. It was showing me the pressure dropping as I was driving: 26, 24, 22, 20..... That let me take a side road real quick to be out of traffic to fix it instead of on the narrow hill blind road, otherwise I wouldn't notice until it was too late to do anything safe but stop. Who knows but fixing tires on a narrow, winding, hilly, or any combination of those are the locations ripe for a terminal accident.

  39. #39439
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Woohoo for frydee n stuff.

  40. #39440
    tacotoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Westminster
    Member #
    6222
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    well depending on how things turn out it's looking like I will have a Q6600+mobo+ram, i5 750+mobo+ram, Pentium 4400+mobo, assorted fans and maybe some accessory cards. I may keep one of those for a mining rig but I haven't decided.
    eh.... use them for mining rigs.... those are still decent enough that they could probably turn it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •