View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 37.50%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

3 9.38%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

7 21.88%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

9 28.13%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 21.88%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 18.75%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 28.13%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

10 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1161 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 161661106111111151115911601161116211631171 ... LastLast
Results 46,401 to 46,440 of 47677
    Member #
    Nightly episode of KOTH with the kid....

Member #
    On a 4x4 site, KOTH would usually reference King of the Hammers.... Here in Chit-Chat, it should be safe to use that acronym for King of the Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Nightly episode of KOTH with the kid....
    Y'all are badass
    break, fix, repeat

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    8 years is too long to wait! I love 3rd gens and 24 valve's, but 12 valve's are my favorite. That thing will be a beast. I've had both 4500's and 5600's and loved them both. I liked the 56 for towing heavy loads, but really preferred the 45 the rest of the time.

I've owned 24 CTD's in some fashion or another (scrapping, donors, builders, flips, drivers, etc.) ... Hell, there was 1 holy grail '98 12v QC (but it was an auto) that transferred ownership 5 times between myself, Morgan (CO4x4 login Yetti), and my dad. I think Morgan and I had a total of 10 vehicle transactions between the two of us and 8 were CTDs.... one of them that wasn't had a '97 12 in the bed as a donor

Man, it's taking me back....There are 3 of the 24 Cummins trucks that I'd really like to have back.
    Morgan... That is a guy I haven't talked to in years. Traded many a vehicle with him back in the day. He grew up a mountain canyon away from me and I have known him since I was 15. Still vividly remember the Volvo 240 I bought from him, DD'ed for a month, then took through Carnage (Boulder) with minimal winching needed but serious body damage taken, and then I sold back to him for the same amount I bought it from him for. Then he sold it to one of our mutual buddies who needed a cheap DD. I ended up taking that one to the scrapper a couple years later when our buddy locked up the motor. That was one tough car...

So since you have so much experience with these, let me pick your brain. Wanting to keep the reliability but wanting a bunch more HP or torque. MPG doesn't bother me much, some, but not too much. Here is what I am planning:

Compounds using a S300/S400
    DPS 3 piece exhaust manifold
    4" hi-flow exhaust
    Headstuds
    Remove Fuel Plate
    Reverse the AFC diaphragm
    4K GSK
    Adjustable overflow valve
    .055 delivery valves
    60# valve springs
    5x.014 injectors
    South Bend Cultch

So what am I missing? Am I off track?
    Last edited by Aaron; April 25th, 2018 at 11:59 AM.

Member #
    Happy rainy day....if the weather monkeys are right.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Comcast bill went up $40/mo. Time to threaten to leave again

Member #
    Images
    I really dislike Comcast.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I tried to switch to century link when that happened, they were pitching 60mb service which would cover what we needed it for. They missed 3 install appointments completely indicating that their system showed the appointment but never dispatched anyone for the install. So I cancelled before I ever had service and talked comcrap down to the same price point
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Images
    Not a big deal at this point.... It sucks, but it should be pretty minor. I just thought the damn thing was nipped in the bud a year ago and it appears we may have just pissed it off. I'm sure after next week, I'll just get lined up with someone with a slightly bigger knife... and then I can put it behind me so I can deal with the other crap of getting old.
    Thats no good, but prayers your way for some machete carving to get it done!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Morgan... That is a guy I haven't talked to in years. Traded many a vehicle with him back in the day. He grew up a mountain canyon away from me and I have known him since I was 15. Still vividly remember the Volvo 240 I bought from him, DD'ed for a month, then took through Carnage (Boulder) with minimal winching needed but serious body damage taken, and then I sold back to him for the same amount I bought it from him for. Then he sold it to one of our mutual buddies who needed a cheap DD. I ended up taking that one to the scrapper a couple years later when our buddy locked up the motor. That was one tough car...

So since you have so much experience with these, let me pick your brain. Wanting to keep the reliability but wanting a bunch more HP or torque. MPG doesn't bother me much, some, but not too much. Here is what I am planning:

Compounds using a S300/S400
    DPS 3 piece exhaust manifold
    4" hi-flow exhaust
    Headstuds
    Remove Fuel Plate
    Reverse the AFC diaphragm
    4K GSK
    Adjustable overflow valve
    .055 delivery valves
    60# valve springs
    5x.014 injectors
    South Bend Cultch

So what am I missing? Am I off track?
    Morgan is an awesome dude and has forgotten more about CTDs than I'll ever learn. He's also a phenomenal electrician, and now is an engineer for a company and travels quite a bit. Back in the day, he did quite a bit of electrical work on a few flips I did. I talked to him a few months ago, but it was more about Real Estate. I think the longest he's ever owned a truck was a 24v / Nv4500 he bought from me. I think I remember him telling me he finally went common-rail.... Hell, he may have even gone 6.7, don't remember what he told me he bought....

That Volvo 240 story is funny as he was also into some very specific cars.

I do not claim to be a technical guy with CTDs (just owned them and drove them ) , but I think your mod list is spot-on for a 12v. I'm definitely not the most technical when sizing compounds, but I do like that twin set-up.

I'll also extend my disclaimer of not being a P-pump expert. So, with the AFC diaphram reversal, are you referencing reversing the washers with the mod described below?

http://dodgetrucksxtreme.com/index.php?topic=8477.0

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    Thats no good, but prayers your way for some machete carving to get it done!
    Thanks man.... Suddenly and quickly, it has started becoming uncomfortable and I'm ready to get it hacked.

Member #
    Go buy that F250 Mega Raptor on Ebay I posted.... It will make you feel better and you won't even think about your Comcast bill

Member #
    Images
    Morgan is an awesome dude and has forgotten more about CTDs than I'll ever learn. He's also a phenomenal electrician, and now is an engineer for a company and travels quite a bit. Back in the day, he did quite a bit of electrical work on a few flips I did. I talked to him a few months ago, but it was more about Real Estate. I think the longest he's ever owned a truck was a 24v / Nv4500 he bought from me. I think I remember him telling me he finally went common-rail.... Hell, he may have even gone 6.7, don't remember what he told me he bought....

That Volvo 240 story is funny as he was also into some very specific cars.

I do not claim to be a technical guy with CTDs (just owned them and drove them ) , but I think your mod list is spot-on for a 12v. I'm definitely not the most technical when sizing compounds, but I do like that twin set-up.

I'll also extend my disclaimer of not being a P-pump expert. So, with the AFC diaphram reversal, are you referencing reversing the washers with the mod described below?

http://dodgetrucksxtreme.com/index.php?topic=8477.0
    Thanks and yes to the AFC mods.

Though after a long phone conversation I believe I am going to install an AFC Live setup and forget about all the hacks. Being able to adjust everything on the fly will help greatly when it comes time for emissions each year.

And I don't actually think my turbo is blown. Still having some sort of a fuel issue. Have all new fuel lines (supply and return) to get rid of all the multiple connections. And need to swap out the overflow valve. I never did as the pump will need to move a bit in order to get it out.

Still think I am going to go ahead and buy the new turbo anyway as an extra grand will give me more peace of mind.

Need to make time and room to start the mods. I am getting all excited again.

Go buy that F250 Mega Raptor on Ebay I posted.... It will make you feel better and you won't even think about your Comcast bill
    Lol I doubt I could even get a loan for that bad boi

Need to call and bitch at the sanitation people too, they missed my trash and recycle pickup this week

Member #
    Images
    Need to call and bitch at the sanitation people too, they missed my trash and recycle pickup this week
    That has happened to me a few times. Happens enough that Longmont has a phone line just for that. Your provider may as well. In my case, the recording asked me to leave a message with my address and what was forgotten (trash, recycling, or compost) and to make sure that bin is then out on the curb/alley 24 hours after. Pretty simple and easy to deal with.

Member #
    It's tough for me to complain about my sanitation guys.... They pick up everything. I bring home boxes of trash from flips, put out tree branches, you name it. I always try to catch them around Christmas to give them a nice cash tip.

Member #
    Images
    Loons. Thinking about a 2012 polaris RZR XP 900 White lightening. Anyone have any input?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    Loons. Thinking about a 2012 polaris RZR XP 900 White lightening. Anyone have any input?
    What do you plan to do with it?

Member #
    Trey wasn't feeling good when he came home from school, so we skipped KOTH. Hope it's not strep, which Court had last week....

Both of those boys are going to have to get the tonsils and adenoids out

Member #
    I'm bummed I don't have a channel that plays constant re-runs of Friday Night Lights

Member #
    With the constant diminishing # of loons, there will be a day when the Fringe exists no more. I wonder how long it will take the final 2 participants to realize they can stop posting here and should just start texting each other.

I hope wulf and cc have each other's phone numbers ....

Member #
    Images
    Well, you better not be going anywhere
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Well, you better not be going anywhere
    lulz, it was just a jovial observation... kinda like noticing that you quietly lurk quite a bit and carefully choose moments where you chime in.

Member #
    There should also be a channel devoted to episodes of Cheers.

Member #
    Images
    Netfix has cheers. Ive binged cheers before

Member #
    I kinda still have a crush on Minka Kelly aka Lyla Garrity from Friday Night Lights....

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Netfix has cheers. Ive binged cheers before
    Don't really do the Netflix thing, but I have many useless channels on dish network, so I'd like to see a couple of channels dedicated to a couple of my favorite shows.

Don't they understand how important I am?

Member #
    Gonna have to invest in a new bb gun for Trey ... the old one is broken and he's about to have to start earning some money controlling the population of

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Thanks and yes to the AFC mods.

Though after a long phone conversation I believe I am going to install an AFC Live setup and forget about all the hacks. Being able to adjust everything on the fly will help greatly when it comes time for emissions each year.

And I don't actually think my turbo is blown. Still having some sort of a fuel issue. Have all new fuel lines (supply and return) to get rid of all the multiple connections. And need to swap out the overflow valve. I never did as the pump will need to move a bit in order to get it out.

Still think I am going to go ahead and buy the new turbo anyway as an extra grand will give me more peace of mind.

Need to make time and room to start the mods. I am getting all excited again.
    Keep that excitement.... I do think the AFC Live is worth pursuing and I'm looking forward to seeing the mods....

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    What do you plan to do with it?
    Basically what I do with the 4 wheeler. Hunting and playing around.

Member #
    With the constant diminishing # of loons, there will be a day when the Fringe exists no more. I wonder how long it will take the final 2 participants to realize they can stop posting here and should just start texting each other.

I hope wulf and cc have each other's phone numbers ....

I honestly can't believe that Eric hasn't just killed it already.

Member #
    Happy Thurzdee people. Its gonna be a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    Basically what I do with the 4 wheeler. Hunting and playing around.
    It should work great for you as long as you dont get crazy with it. They like eating axles if you go to oversized tires and if you jump it, you will eventually explode the front diff on landing but if you dont just trash on it, it should work well for you.

Carry an extra belt.

I dont see me ever going back to a 4wheeler after getting a SxS.

Member #
    I kinda still have a crush on Minka Kelly aka Lyla Garrity from Friday Night Lights....
    I knew a Minka in Amarillo. She was vurra vurra purty.

I honestly can't believe that Eric hasn't just killed it already.
    Me too, it unfortunately seems to be abandonware

I ordered a windshield banner in like September. Never came. I emailed Eric a month or so ago and he apologized and said he hadn't sent it yet but that he would get it out ASAP.

Still hasn't shown up.

Member #
    Images
    Drove the Focus to work for the first time today. Check engine light is on, but no more power steering leak and new front struts made for a nice drive.
    Lunatic #15
    "A government big enough to give you a righteous buzz is also big enough to harsh your mellow." -Zapp
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Member #
    Images
    It should work great for you as long as you dont get crazy with it. They like eating axles if you go to oversized tires and if you jump it, you will eventually explode the front diff on landing but if you dont just trash on it, it should work well for you.

Carry an extra belt.

I dont see me ever going back to a 4wheeler after getting a SxS.
    That was my thought. I want a ranger but this one is priced right.

Member #
    Its too nice outside to be stuck inside.

Member #
    I can understand why people go on certain reality shows... game shows pay cash and prizes, go on The Amazing Race and you win cash, go on the Bachelor and you may find love....

How in the world did the Discovery channel convince people that the show Naked and Afraid was a good idea? What's the upside?

and why are those people not responding to my applications to be on the show?