View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1557 of 1600 FirstFirst ... 5571057145715071547155515561557155815591567 ... LastLast
Results 62,241 to 62,280 of 63975
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    bring the bag with you.
    Nope, I'll eat the whole bag .... I put 'em away

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    that's that good shit
    Been so long since I've had 'em that I forgot that.

I should be in bed but I'm not sleepy at all so I guess I'll keep working on the truck
    break, fix, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Been so long since I've had 'em that I forgot that.
    Only downside is they're too dry to eat without a beer or something to wash them down

I will have to grab some next time I'm in a snacking mood

Member #
    Hump.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Unexpected thunderboomers this morning but they are supposed to clear out by 10 and give us sunshine and 82 for the rest of the day.

Member #
    Images
    Made a major mistake today....

Had to pick up a few things at the grocery store and while in the chip aisle getting the nutritious flaming hot cheetos that seems to be an entire major food group for my boys, I spotted the Hot n Spicy Pork Rinds on the bottom shelf...

Haven't had those things in years and thought I'd introduce the boys to them .... I can't stop making trips over to the open bag on the counter
    I love pork rinds! And they're one of the healthy snacks in that isle.

Member #
    Costco has the big tub of pork rinds - but plain, not spicy. They're my go-to snack when I'm craving crunchy while eating keto ...

Member #
    Only downside is they're too dry to eat without a beer or something to wash them down

I will have to grab some next time I'm in a snacking mood
    I've been on a break from alcohol ..... hopefully the gym results will be thankful.

... but at night, the Neuro Sleep drinks work well for washing them down....

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    My wife's cousin is here and they are watching the bachelor, can I please go have another vasectomy without anesthetic? maybe a root canal at the same time?

Who the fawk watches this trash and how has it been on for so long?
    One of the sports shows I DVR (Highly Questionable on ESPN) always ends with them previewing other shows coming on TV later .... they show clips of that pretty frequently and one of the hosts (Dan LeBatard) always just gets up and leaves the set when they preview The Bachelor .... "Are you kidding me with this crap again" .....

don't watch those types of shows, but it looks like straight up trash.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    I love pork rinds! And they're one of the healthy snacks in that isle.
    I avoid most things in that aisle, but Rold Gold pretzel sticks are usually in the pantry...

...I have a feeling pork rinds will be making a triumphant return.... damn things are gewd.

Quote Originally Posted by gkainz View Post
    Costco has the big tub of pork rinds - but plain, not spicy. They're my go-to snack when I'm craving crunchy while eating keto ...
    I'd be all about a big tub of 'em, but gotta be the spicy...

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    My wife's cousin is here and they are watching the bachelor, can I please go have another vasectomy without anesthetic? maybe a root canal at the same time?

Who the fawk watches this trash and how has it been on for so long?
    I watch it, mostly because it is entertaining and amazing to think these people are *in theory* sucessful adults.

I don't think I've ever had pork rinds.
    ~Una
    "dn ǝps ʎuɥs ǝɥʇ dǝǝʞ"

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL View Post
    I don't think I've ever had pork rinds.
    You should try some next time you're watching The Bachelor

Member #
    Images
    You should try some next time you're watching The Bachelor

I might just do that

stayed up til 3 krowing on the truck, got the DS tub welded in and sealed then I cut the rear fenders and got the new tires on

nooo I didn't need to know this information. Too good to resist

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    stayed up til 3 krowing on the truck, got the DS tub welded in and sealed then I cut the rear fenders and got the new tires on

Congrats!

Member #
    Images
    Been a long morning already. Been in the shop since 6am welding. Now the shop is insanely hot. Which is alright as I need to head out to a job site here for a couple hours. Hope it cools down by the time I get back.

Member #
    Images

Nice!!

Member #
    Images
    I avoid most things in that aisle, but Rold Gold pretzel sticks are usually in the pantry...

...I have a feeling pork rinds will be making a triumphant return.... damn things are gewd.

I'd be all about a big tub of 'em, but gotta be the spicy...
    Back in the 'old days' I used to just open a bag, sprinkle in some Tabasco, shake it up real good and eat my own spiced up rinds. Some have higher fat/serving than others so gotta check the brand if it makes a difference for you (right now, fat is the hardest macro for me to regulate on the restricted calorie intake I'm on). Gotta make a Costco run today anyway so I may give their tub-o-rinds a try if their fat isn't high. Got some Chile-Lime powder I can kick em up with if needed, or Cholula, or Franks Wing sauce, or...

Back in the 'old days' I used to just open a bag, sprinkle in some Tabasco, shake it up real good and eat my own spiced up rinds. Some have higher fat/serving than others so gotta check the brand if it makes a difference for you (right now, fat is the hardest macro for me to regulate on the restricted calorie intake I'm on). Gotta make a Costco run today anyway so I may give their tub-o-rinds a try if their fat isn't high. Got some Chile-Lime powder I can kick em up with if needed, or Cholula, or Franks Wing sauce, or...
    they don't get soggy?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Been a long morning already. Been in the shop since 6am welding. Now the shop is insanely hot. Which is alright as I need to head out to a job site here for a couple hours. Hope it cools down by the time I get back.
    doing hand rails today?!

wfh for a half day then going to the rockies game with the rest of the office

Member #
    Images
    Enjoy!!!

Member #
    Images
    doing hand rails today?!
    No, not enough sprinkled in for them to get soggy.

Member #
    Images
    doing hand rails today?!
    window well grates

Member #
    Images
    wfh for a half day then going to the rockies game with the rest of the office
    Fun!

Member #
    Images
    Just announced: NOFX, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, The Bouncing Souls, and more @ Red Rocks in late Aug. So excited!

Member #
    Images
    The tub-o-pork rinds at Costco super high in fat for a pork rind. The one we got at Sprouts are 11g protein/4.5g fat (for 1/2oz) and those are higher fat than typical I've found (which are usually more like 1.5 - 2g fat for 1/2oz serving). The ones at Costco are 6g fat/1/2oz serving. I'm guessing it must be the oil they fry em in or something to make em that bad. So I passed on em.

Just announced: NOFX, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, The Bouncing Souls, and more @ Red Rocks in late Aug. So excited!

that show will be a blast

Member #
    The tub-o-pork rinds at Costco super high in fat for a pork rind. The one we got at Sprouts are 11g protein/4.5g fat (for 1/2oz) and those are higher fat than typical I've found (which are usually more like 1.5 - 2g fat for 1/2oz serving). The ones at Costco are 6g fat/1/2oz serving. I'm guessing it must be the oil they fry em in or something to make em that bad. So I passed on em.
    I just looked and the Kroger brand from King Soopers is 80cal 4.5g fat and 8g protein per 1/2oz ... The 5oz bag was $1.79

I'll have to pay attention if I see other brands next time...

Pork rinds are OK.

When you can't get chitlins....

https://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-chitlins.htm
    Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

Member #
    Got a pretty good tuokrow in, but muscle groups are noticing 3-day breaks in the cycle, except for legs since they are aware of their daily workload...

40 mins of cardio as usual, but the heart rate started out a little higher, then settled back down....

stoopid damn pork rinds!!

Member #
    Images
    Got a pretty good tuokrow in, but muscle groups are noticing 3-day breaks in the cycle, except for legs since they are aware of their daily workload...

40 mins of cardio as usual, but the heart rate started out a little higher, then settled back down....

stoopid damn pork rinds!!
    yeah, those rinds will get ya if yer not careful.

I just relooked at the Sprouts ones and got it wrong above. They're 8P/4.5F also. But as said, I've seen healthier ones than those.

"Noticing 3-day breaks in the cycle" as in good recovery and progress or you think too much recovery?

One thing I've learned is recovery is easily 1/2 the equation for me at my age. Pushing way too hard was a problem I had until I finally figured it out. At mid-50s people typically just don't recover as fast as youngsters do but the vast majority of info out there is written with 20-40 year olds, not people in their 50s and later. It's just a different ball game for us that we have to accept and work with.

Member #
    What the hell?

Member #
    "Noticing 3-day breaks in the cycle" as in good recovery and progress or you think too much recovery?

One thing I've learned is recovery is easily 1/2 the equation for me at my age. Pushing way too hard was a problem I had until I finally figured it out. At mid-50s people typically just don't recover as fast as youngsters do but the vast majority of info out there is written with 20-40 year olds, not people in their 50s and later. It's just a different ball game for us that we have to accept and work with.
    Feels like appropriate recovery time, but I've been slowly ramping up the frequency and intensity, so they've been a bit spoiled.... The muscle groups all saw about an 8-day break from weights while out of town... Prior to that, they were seeing 4-5 day breaks ...

Body is just noticing it's being pushed a little harder ... I dunno, one more day of cardio only (or a day off) in the rotation may prove helpful .... I've always just gauged by the disappearance of soreness.

Member #
    Images
    Killed it in the gym today.

900 meters on the SkiERG, 30 Burpees (my crippled version), 60 Calories on the BikeERG, 60 Squats, 8 Dead lifts with 45#. I cried when I got in my car because how proud I was that I can do this stuff. It's so nice to have someone on my team believing in me and lifting me up to get stronger and better.

I can actually see something happen when I flex my legs now

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

900 meters on the SkiERG, 30 Burpees (my crippled version), 60 Calories on the BikeERG, 60 Squats, 8 Dead lifts with 45#. I cried when I got in my car because how proud I was that I can do this stuff. It's so nice to have someone on my team believing in me and lifting me up to get stronger and better.

That's WAY more than I could have done, or would have attempted...and I ain't recovering from a near-death wreck.

Keep it up!

Member #

Awesome freakin' job Una!!

Those are absolute huge strides!

You should be unbelievably proud of yourself!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    That's WAY more than I could have done, or would have attempted...and I ain't recovering from a near-death wreck.

Keep it up!
    Awesome freakin' job Una!!

Those are absolute huge strides!

You should be unbelievably proud of yourself!
    Thanks guys. You have no idea how much I appreciate your support.