View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1196 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1966961096114611861194119511961197119812061246 ... LastLast
Results 47,801 to 47,840 of 50605
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Ive been nicely surprised the last couple of mornings. I have been rested for the most part after going to bed almost dead
    I envy that restful sleep.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Second day out of sling and able to use my arm for light duty stuff (shave, dress, put on socks, cut steak, etc) with limited motion but also limited discomfort. Still scheduled to have fixed Wednesday. Besides the bruising, my right shoulder is drooped at least 2 inches lower than my left when standing straight.

Ribs still hurt like a motherfooker! It's 9th and 10th posterior ribs getting near my spine. Feels like the worst pinched nerve I've ever had. And those suck bad every time the body tries to use those muscles to twist or straighten. They say it's months long pain with ribs so lucky me - not!

Am weaning off Percocet fast but no guts to try without through the night yet. It's major tough because I'm not allowed Advil until after the surgery and Tylenol is useless for my body. I'll be glad to have that first beer after I'm off meds!
    Sounds pretty painful.... Although I'm sure there's a dread factor, I'm sure Wednesday can't get here fast enough.... That's when the healing begins....

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    So an hour and a half before the rodeo starts, plans have changed. Ambers 4-wheeler quit on her and we dont have time to fix it so now, she will be my co-pilot in the YXZ which is normal but she is also going to race my YXZ with me being co-pilot.

The biggest problem is going to be moving the drivers seat and adjusting the 5-point harnesses quick between each run and between each event.

Its gonna suck if she beats my overall time driving my machine though, lol.
    Be sure to give us the results and keep us posted.... Some of us who can't go on vacation have to live vicariously through others.

Member #
    .2 seconds behind first place after the barrel race. It wasn't a good run so im surprised im not farther behind than that.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Yeah. Pretty much.
    I'm sorry, I wasn't listening.

Member #
    Rodeo cancelled do to incoming weather. I guess Kansas peeps are asceert of toe naders or something. I dont see anything on radar that suggests more than we might get wet.

Member #
    Rodeo cancelled do to incoming weather. I guess Kansas peeps are asceert of toe naders or something. I dont see anything on radar that suggests more than we might get wet.
    That sucks

Member #
    12yo went to a co-ed gathering at the pool yesterday with friends from school, and is back there today.... He seems to be trying to get tan, but also understands the importance of sunscreen, given my thing the last few weeks, and is using it. I suspect he is cheating a bit on the sunscreen and I suspect a girl is in this equation.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Second day out of sling and able to use my arm for light duty stuff (shave, dress, put on socks, cut steak, etc) with limited motion but also limited discomfort. Still scheduled to have fixed Wednesday. Besides the bruising, my right shoulder is drooped at least 2 inches lower than my left when standing straight.

Ribs still hurt like a motherfooker! It's 9th and 10th posterior ribs getting near my spine. Feels like the worst pinched nerve I've ever had. And those suck bad every time the body tries to use those muscles to twist or straighten. They say it's months long pain with ribs so lucky me - not!

Am weaning off Percocet fast but no guts to try without through the night yet. It's major tough because I'm not allowed Advil until after the surgery and Tylenol is useless for my body. I'll be glad to have that first beer after I'm off meds!
    Ugh, sorry to hear. I haven't broken my clavicle before but know broken rib pain and back pain well. Wouldn't wish it upon my greatest enemy. Wishing you quick and as pain free a healing as possible.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Went up to the outdoor range and quickly realized we wouldn't be shooting today. Grass was about waist high. So we spend the past 7 hours mowing and weed whacking. Never fired a round but now the outdoor range is proper again. 30-40 yard wide path mowed about 170 yards long, with bigger shooting areas mowed at 150 yards, 125, 100, 75, 50, and 25. Also weed whacked the hillside up a good bit. Really more for easy of set up, clean up, and lessens the fire danger quite a bit. We will probably have to do it once or twice more this year, but it stays fairly controllable. I was surprised at how tall everything had gotten in just the past month.

Rearranged my plans tomorrow in order to go shooting early in the A.M. Hope the weather holds out for at least a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Went up to the outdoor range and quickly realized we wouldn't be shooting today. Grass was about waist high. So we spend the past 7 hours mowing and weed whacking. Never fired a round but now the outdoor range is proper again. 30-40 yard wide path mowed about 170 yards long, with bigger shooting areas mowed at 150 yards, 125, 100, 75, 50, and 25. Also weed whacked the hillside up a good bit. Really more for easy of set up, clean up, and lessens the fire danger quite a bit. We will probably have to do it once or twice more this year, but it stays fairly controllable. I was surprised at how tall everything had gotten in just the past month.

Rearranged my plans tomorrow in order to go shooting early in the A.M. Hope the weather holds out for at least a few hours.
    Damn, sounds like a lot of work! Hopefully it will pay off tomorrow
    break, fix, repeat

20:00. Time for Westworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger View Post
    20:00. Time for Westworld.
    It was good.

Member #
    Images
    And he wants money for it!
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Member #
    OMG that look scary...
    2 OF THE VOICES IN MY HEAD SAY THE WORLD IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE. THE THIRD KEEPS YELLING PULL THE TRIGGER.

EVERY TIME YOU KEEP YOURE MOUTH SHUT SO YOU DONT OFFEND SOMEONE YOU LOSE A LITTLE PEACE OF YOURE 1ST AMENDMENT RIGHTS !!!!!

Member #
    Fun is still being had. Jacob, you should have come.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Member #
    This is a pretty original looking setup.

Interesting lol

Fun is still being had. Jacob, you should have come.

Looks like fun

Member #

How does he load it?

Trying to look at this truck but the number he gave my via email is not in service

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...600991368.html

Trying to look at this truck but the number he gave my via email is not in service

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...600991368.html
    Somehow you have managed to find every sketchy seller on CL.
    (Well, I'm takin' my time) I'm just movin' along
    You'll forget about me after I've been gone
    (And I take what I find) I don't want no more It's just outside of your front door

Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post

How much frame rust is too much? Looks like this one has a bit of surface rust on the frame on par with my Tacoma

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...601211732.html

Member #
    Images

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    How does he load it?
    Backs it on and the front lifts with hydraulics.

How much frame rust is too much? Looks like this one has a bit of surface rust on the frame on par with my Tacoma

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...601211732.html
    I'd want to see it in person, but what I can see is normal...just the frame paint coming (wearing) off.

Damn Jacob, you missed out, I almost went to pretend I was you, especially with two lovely young ladies
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

I'd want to see it in person, but what I can see is normal...just the frame paint coming (wearing) off.
    sweet, that's what I figured. Nothing a wire wheel can't fix.

sweet, that's what I figured. Nothing a wire wheel can't fix.
    See this thread for more detail: http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showt...st-remediation

Haven't actually called the dude. I don't really need a crew cab but I certainly want one

Remember what Rex said.....

Member #
    Images
    Remember what Rex said.....
    Id hit it?

Member #
    Thunderstorm just rolled past to the north and it cooled it off here quite a bit. I know this will be a shock be even i thought it was hot today.

Heading out on the dunes now. Some kind of cajun pasta thing is for dinner built by the LA cajuns in the group.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Id hit it?
    LMFAO!!!!! I dont know if that is what he meant or not but its funny as hell.

While it is true that Rex says that quite often, that wasn't what I had in mind regarding used trucks.

Part of Rex's post #47545 on May 20th:

"Are you really wanting to buy? Do you just like shopping? Can't decide what you want?

Sorry dude, when the deal comes up, you have to move. I feel like you've done enough 6.0 research to figure the pricing. A couple of days of the opinions in the Fringe don't always exist. The other thing to remember is sometimes it's a deal at asking price. As a seller, I'm pretty quick to point that out to people. If you want to make $1K worth of mods on the truck I'm selling, it doesn't mean my truck isn't a deal at my asking price.

You recently went through the competitive process of buying a "deal" on a house.... The process doesn't differ much on buying a "deal" on a diesel. You usually have to move pretty quickly."

Part of Rex's post #47545 on May 20th:

"Are you really wanting to buy? Do you just like shopping? Can't decide what you want?

Sorry dude, when the deal comes up, you have to move. I feel like you've done enough 6.0 research to figure the pricing. A couple of days of the opinions in the Fringe don't always exist. The other thing to remember is sometimes it's a deal at asking price. As a seller, I'm pretty quick to point that out to people. If you want to make $1K worth of mods on the truck I'm selling, it doesn't mean my truck isn't a deal at my asking price.

You recently went through the competitive process of buying a "deal" on a house.... The process doesn't differ much on buying a "deal" on a diesel. You usually have to move pretty quickly."
    Still valid advice, I'm not super stoked on this particular truck. I've been watching the ad for several days