View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

    13 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

    4 10.26%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

    8 20.51%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

    11 28.21%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

    8 20.51%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

    6 15.38%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

    9 23.08%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

    13 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2001 of 2027 FirstFirst ... 10011501190119511991199920002001200220032011 ... LastLast
Results 80,001 to 80,040 of 81072

Thread: The Lunatic Fringe (Part 2)

  1. #80001
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Buckets of rain currently
    We still need some buckets.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

  2. #80002
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    LOL, if it was .556, it wouldn't last long but hopefully I won't go through the 199 more rounds of this too quick. I really would have loved to not put a scope on it but I'm too blind not to. It's a Leupold with only 2.5 to 8 which should allow me to see plenty good out to 200 yards which is farther than you can see to shoot for the most part anyway so I think it will work well.
    Be sure to shoot it at 50 yard increments. There is a significant difference in point of impact from 50-100 yards. Beyond 100, it starts to drop quite a bit.

  3. #80003
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Loons.

    Today was mowing day. Got my entire yard mowed and string trimmed. Thatís a 5.5 hour ordeal. Not much in the way of grass due to the drought we have been having, but the weeds and brush were getting tall after a couple of rains.

    I also took a mid day break to deliver a small load of wood to a wood customer I have who has a BBQ Restaurant. He didnít think heíd have enough to make it through the weekend.

    I usually just set my hickory and cherry aside and deliver it when I have a full dump trailer load.

    Went to do the neighbors chores, while I was over there I drove around and found 3 standing dead hickory trees.

    I guess I know what Iíll be doing the early part of next week. Hopefully the 3 logs I have here plus those 3 trees will yield a couple of cords.

    I thought I was only 4 cords behind on wood cutting, guess Iím 6 cords behind.

    Tomorrow I put sharp blades on the mower and head out to knock out my customer yards.

  4. #80004
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    Be sure to shoot it at 50 yard increments. There is a significant difference in point of impact from 50-100 yards. Beyond 100, it starts to drop quite a bit.
    Yeah, I know it's not exactly a long distance round and I will shoot from several distances. The cool thing about this scope is while it comes out of the box with a MOA marked elevation knob so you can sight it in, you send Leopold the ballistics on the rounds you are using along with the elevation and approximate average temps you will be shooting along with some other information and they bleep bloop it all into a computer and custom lazer etch a replacement elevation knob with yardage on it and sent it to you for free. If you are shooting different types of ammo, you can have them make other knobs but they are 80 bucks a piece after your first free one.

  5. #80005
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Got my hard case for the 45-70 today and have everything drawn out on the foam. Now I just have to cut it all out.

    I'll work on screwing that up tomorrow.


    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  6. #80006
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Yeah, I know it's not exactly a long distance round and I will shoot from several distances. The cool thing about this scope is while it comes out of the box with a MOA marked elevation knob so you can sight it in, you send Leopold the ballistics on the rounds you are using along with the elevation and approximate average temps you will be shooting along with some other information and they bleep bloop it all into a computer and custom lazer etch a replacement elevation knob with yardage on it and sent it to you for free. If you are shooting different types of ammo, you can have them make other knobs but they are 80 bucks a piece after your first free one.
    Donít get me wrong. Itís a great round. And anything you shoot with it has to get up to run away.

  7. #80007
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Sadurdee. 70 to a sun shiney 100.

    80th B-day party for Mom this eve.

  8. #80008
    Scott91MJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Closer to moab than most
    Member #
    7400
    The space odyssey page

    Good morning dave
    04 LWB LJ 4.0L 42RLE 2.5" OME lift 1" body lift 35" KO2s
    91 SWB MJ 4.0L AX-15 4:1NP-231 D30 D44a 6" tomken 32" KM2s
    99 MX-5 1.8L 5 speed 23" all seasons

  9. #80009
    Oscar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Haines City Florida
    Member #
    3575
    Evening trip to Magic Kingdom gidd food good rides good treats tired feets
    Wandering in the wilderness.

  10. #80010
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Loons.

    Got all my customer lawns mowed

    Then I started plowing food plots. I R Tarred.

  11. #80011
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    Loons.

    Got all my customer lawns mowed

    Then I started plowing food plots. I R Tarred.
    I mowed and all the stuff that goes along with that the went to Moms b-day party. That made me tarred.

  12. #80012
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Happy sundee.

    77 to a sun shiney but cool and refreshing 99.

  13. #80013
    Willie G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Member #
    1610
    70 ===> 85 with rain possible this afternoon.

    A good day to rest.
    Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway.
    Stupidity is the same.
    And thatís why life is hard.

  14. #80014
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    We have chances of thunderboomers 3 days in a row starting tomorrow. I sure hope they come through for us.

  15. #80015
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    I got nothing, but I'm still here.

  16. #80016
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    I got nothing, but I'm still here.
    I hear ya.

  17. #80017
    Oscar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Haines City Florida
    Member #
    3575
    Why the heck does Monday have to come

  18. #80018
    Willie G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Member #
    1610
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    I got nothing, but I'm still here.
    I've got something, but I've learned not to wave it around in public....




  19. #80019
    Scott91MJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Closer to moab than most
    Member #
    7400
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    I've got something, but I've learned not to wave it around in public....




  20. #80020
    Scott91MJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Closer to moab than most
    Member #
    7400
    Looks like the I-70 engineers didn't plan for that amount of rain, their new almost complete construction project is under water and I-70 is closed.

  21. #80021
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott91MJ View Post
    Looks like the I-70 engineers didn't plan for that amount of rain, their new almost complete construction project is under water and I-70 is closed.
    Sooooo, the elevated part of I-70 used to flood so they thought putting it underground would be better? What could go wrong?

  22. #80022
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Why the heck does Monday have to come
    I do not know but I wish I did.

  23. #80023
    Willie G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Member #
    1610
    Monday is here.

    58 ===> 81 rain is optional.

  24. #80024
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    80 to 98 and the weather monkeys have taken away our rain chances so maybe it will actually rain. I should have dusted the truck over the weekend. That would have at least guaranteed enough of a sprinkle for dust to stick to it.

  25. #80025
    Sound_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Yoder
    Member #
    3374
    Images
    7
    Morning everyone
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

  26. #80026
    tacotoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Westminster
    Member #
    6222
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Sooooo, the elevated part of I-70 used to flood so they thought putting it underground would be better? What could go wrong?
    Meh..... everyone is all over this forgetting that the thing is still under construction. Really it is more like complaining about someone taking a shit in the display toilet at home depot... they just got that second tunnel paved 3 weeks ago and opened up? they still have another 8 months of work on everything else.

    Not that i have a vested interest in it, but one of the local news channels annoys me and has been on a tirade about how they are going to investigate why it failed.... it failed because it wasn't done yet.

    Also not grumpy at you Allen, just annoyed with this situation for some reason, maybe because I am in construction myself.
    hookers and blow!

  27. #80027
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    Meh..... everyone is all over this forgetting that the thing is still under construction. Really it is more like complaining about someone taking a shit in the display toilet at home depot... they just got that second tunnel paved 3 weeks ago and opened up? they still have another 8 months of work on everything else.

    Not that i have a vested interest in it, but one of the local news channels annoys me and has been on a tirade about how they are going to investigate why it failed.... it failed because it wasn't done yet.

    Also not grumpy at you Allen, just annoyed with this situation for some reason, maybe because I am in construction myself.

    I was thinking that I had heard it was finished a few months ago so if it isn't, I guess it makes sense but I would still kinda think that having the pumps and drainage would be one of the first things done.

    I'm not in construction but I did stay at a Motel 6 last night.

  28. #80028
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Sound_Man View Post
    Morning everyone
    Sup music man?

  29. #80029
    tacotoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Westminster
    Member #
    6222
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I was thinking that I had heard it was finished a few months ago so if it isn't, I guess it makes sense but I would still kinda think that having the pumps and drainage would be one of the first things done.

    I'm not in construction but I did stay at a Motel 6 last night.
    if you would have only stayed in a holiday inn....

    Standard construction process is that you install storm sewers, then protect them to keep crud out of them until you are off the project so you don't have to clean or maintain them. Most of this is what caused the adventures last night. I had a new project come up this morning just north of there where the water was rushing so hard against the building it bent a door in.... at some point, someone has to admit that it normally doesn't rain like that here....

  30. #80030
    DaleD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    14519
    R.I.P
    El Paso County Deputy Andrew Peery

    https://www.kktv.com/2022/08/08/el-p...ct-found-dead/

  31. #80031
    Oscar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Haines City Florida
    Member #
    3575
    No more Mondays

  32. #80032
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    I finished up swapping out the hand guard and gas block on my older AR this eve. The old 4-rail that all the cool kids were doing 8 years ago just sucked. I will like shooting this a lot more now.


    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  33. #80033
    noahfecks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Glenwoody
    Member #
    13651
    Luuwnzez
    " A mans rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" Fredrick Douglass
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

  34. #80034
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Loons. Split some wood, checked my trail cameras and hung out with my parents for the evening.

    Tomorrow I have to go cut some hickory trees down and get them cut up. My customer with a BBQ truck and restaurant is in dire need. Of course he didnít bother to call until he was out. I took him what I had on hand Friday. Now I gotta get him restocked.

  35. #80035
    Willie G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Member #
    1610
    Tooosday.

    65 ===> 95

    A nap would be nice....

  36. #80036
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    76 to a rather chilly 96. Also, they went ahead and eliminated all chances of rain we were supposed to have today and tomorrow.

  37. #80037
    Scott91MJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Closer to moab than most
    Member #
    7400
    Mournin lewns

  38. #80038
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Rain is close.


    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  39. #80039
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Mask up.


    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  40. #80040
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    I got stung on the elbow yesterday by a yellow-jacket .... I informed the family that I'm gonna be down for about 2 weeks requiring constant care and they need to be prepared to cater to my every need and request.

    I'm not quite sure how that went over since the waiting on me hand and foot thing hasn't really happened yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •