View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

11 36.67%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

2 6.67%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

7 23.33%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

7 23.33%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 23.33%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 20.00%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 30.00%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

10 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 857 of 857 FirstFirst ... 357757807847855856857
Results 34,241 to 34,269 of 34269
    Member #
    82° and partly cloudy but windy. I guess the wind is the only thing we are gonna get out of the storm. Everything else keeps going by just barely to the north.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Got a few inches of wet heavy snow, streets are wet. Too warm to keep the snow...
    The benefits from MILSPEC requirements are priceless!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    82° and partly cloudy but windy. I guess the wind is the only thing we are gonna get out of the storm. Everything else keeps going by just barely to the north.
    Just after i say that, i think we are fixing to get hit....right as i get started wiring all the 110v stuff in the trailer. Bleh...

Member #
    And its here. Just a good rain with thunderboomers currently. The wind has died so the toe nader shouldn't be too far away, lol.

Cold wind with lite snow blowing, 32 degrees...

loons
    break, fix, repeat

it's warming up but there's still snews

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    it's warming up but there's still snews
    Rapid cooling here. Was 82ish 2 hours ago and now 66.

Member #
    Images
    45 currently.... Warmest so far today. I had a blast out on the quad. Everything i saw today was new to me. Awesome area!!! Tons of roads tjat i did not take and im still just at the beginning of 360 some miles of this road!!! Im going back soon. Must remember to take the gps!.... I didnt take many pictures... Too busy enjoying the place all by my lonesome. Not another soul anywhere out there!!!

Still testing my fuel range and such.... The quad handles really well! Got aome good jumps! A few water crossings... One long water crossing almost got me. I even locked the front diff on the way back through later in the day.

Boy did i have fun today!!!!!

Side note:. I have two "things" on the back of my neck that have not healed in a while... Think i might need to see a doc.
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Member #
    Images
    loons

Member #
    We only ended up getting ~1" of rain out of all of that mess. A few places north of me got 3"-4" and places east got over 7".

Member #
    It's cold this morning though. Currently 48° and only supposed to make it to the mid 60s for todays high. Back to sunshine and upper 70s tomorrow though. I love it when we get in these weather patterns when it's nice all week while you are working and crappy over the weekend.

Gonna get dinner with my buddy and krow on the truck a bit today, not sure what else I'm gonna do

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

VB, still have the Revo that you want to sell? I could use a new toy

Member #
    Images
    Still have the revo and lots of extras still in un opened packages!

Member #
    Images
    It'll probably need new batteries and fuel i do have a cool charger thingy too

Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Still have the revo and lots of extras still in un opened packages!
    sweet!

maybe next time I'm on the western slope I can pick it up

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    45 currently.... Warmest so far today. I had a blast out on the quad. Everything i saw today was new to me. Awesome area!!! Tons of roads tjat i did not take and im still just at the beginning of 360 some miles of this road!!! Im going back soon. Must remember to take the gps!.... I didnt take many pictures... Too busy enjoying the place all by my lonesome. Not another soul anywhere out there!!!

Still testing my fuel range and such.... The quad handles really well! Got aome good jumps! A few water crossings... One long water crossing almost got me. I even locked the front diff on the way back through later in the day.

Boy did i have fun today!!!!!

Side note:. I have two "things" on the back of my neck that have not healed in a while... Think i might need to see a doc.
    Cool. Do not wait on the pre-cancerous (possibly) things. I have had more things carved/froze off me then a thanksgiving turkey. Catching them early is the way to go, waiting is not. Anyone who works out in the sun, or really everyone that is not a vampire should wear sunscreen every time they are out. SPF 40 used to be the best. Neutrogena and Aveeno make some really good products that are not greasy. I wear 70-100 and just had a carving last Thursday. DO NOT WAIT!
    “The simple minded know many things that the wise ignore”

Member #
    Images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Images

Member #
    Images

need to measure truck for rear shocks. The lengths listed online for lifted Tacoma seem wrong so I was going to measure and find one that fits in the catalog

Member #
    Images
    Lewns We got 10" of snow that has turned into 5' drifts. Hwy 94 has been closed since Friday night. Power was out for 11 hours. I thought we had global warming and stuff.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sound_Man View Post
    I thought we had global warming and stuff.
    I keep hoping for it.

Member #
    Images
    Lewns!
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog59 View Post
    I have had more things carved/froze off me then a thanksgiving turkey. Catching them early is the way to go, waiting is not. I wear 70-100 and just had a carving last Thursday. DO NOT WAIT!
    That's gotta be some serious mental shit to have hanging over your head daily John!

Member #
    Images
    Hope you recover quick John. That looks like no joke.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    That's gotta be some serious mental shit to have hanging over your head daily John!
    Don't really think of it that way. I would never trade my career in the outdoors for anything. It does include inherent risks. I could have been a lot more progressive with implementing a good plan to limit the chances. The nasty one is the graft that covers the hockey puck one. The hole took 39 staples and did not hurt a bit. The graft was excruciating and I spent about six weeks on the couch to keep it from breaking open.

My real goal is to try to help people not make the mistakes I made. Once a day is not enough reapply at least at noon. Colorado being at altitude exposes you to more than other places. Skiing is especially troublesome, the glare off the snow is like a reflector oven. Between skiing, guiding, (water is also highly reflective) and all winter on a horse in SC; my skin is like the perfect storm.

Get something you like higher than SPF 40. I used to hate greasy, but that is no longer an excuse. Those with kids get them in the habit now. Exposure is cumulative.

Use a hat or sunscreen your scalp. Your ears, and nose are especially vulnerable. Do not forget your lips.

Steps off podium

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sound_Man View Post
    Hope you recover quick John. That looks like no joke.
    Thanks Curt. That was 2014. Thursday's procedures were a walk in the park. I just used it as an example of what can happen. The spot that led to that surgery was less then a dime in size and I knew what to look for because of a lot of small things before it. Any funky moles, moles that change, ones that do not easily bisect evenly need to be watched closely as they can be melanoma. Small rough patches that are scabish but never seem to heal are likely Basal cell, and are usually slow growing and fairly benign. Squamous cell is the third most common.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...s/con-20031606

Vernon you need to get checked NOW.