View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 37.50%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

3 9.38%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

7 21.88%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

9 28.13%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 21.88%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 18.75%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 28.13%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

10 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1035 of 1228 FirstFirst ... 35535935985102510331034103510361037104510851135 ... LastLast
Results 41,361 to 41,400 of 49119
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    For the extra $10k the E Dorado Circle seems a better deal than Maribou Court.
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Hes right
    actually the commute would looks like it would be pretty dece with google's traffic predictions
    break, fix, repeat

also really like this one. no front yard due to huge ass tree but the house had great features

https://www.redfin.com/CO/Castle-Roc.../home/35249210

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    It's tough because I can get double or triple the space and yard for the same price... If I'm willing to commute a long ways.

On the other hand, my 800 sqft apartment is just right and having the same amount of space with a 2 car garage and a 10 minute drive to work down county line is appealing

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8...13452472_zpid/
    Highlands Ranch always sells

Member #
    damn, must be starting to get the cooties from the cheerleaders
    No cheerleaders in kid basketball... running a pretty high fever now... gonna be a long night

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    No cheerleaders in kid basketball... running a pretty high fever now... gonna be a long night
    damn, that sucks. seems like the boys have been getting sick a lot lately

just gonna ride it out, or are you guys headed to docs on call?

Member #
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...13021493_zpid/ this one had an awesome detached garage and a second kitchen in the basement so roommate situation would be hot but it's sofa King far

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...13113713_zpid/

This one just had some minor cosmetic issues.
    First one shows under contract and 2nd one is in Cherry Creek schools which also sells

Member #
    damn, that sucks. seems like the boys have been getting sick a lot lately

just gonna ride it out, or are you guys headed to docs on call?
    It does suck... just have to ride it out

First one shows under contract and 2nd one is in Cherry Creek schools which also sells
    yup, honestly didn't expect it to get sniped due to that area but I can't say that it wasn't a good house so I'm not surprised.

I guess I have a lot of thinking to do between the highlands ranch house and the centennial one. The one in centennial would be EZPZ to add 220v in the garage because the panel is on the exterior garage wall

Member #
    I will have a king size bed to myself since Jodi is with the little guy

It does suck... just have to ride it out
    shiiiiit. Those are the worst times when you're a kid.

Member #
    yup, honestly didn't expect it to get sniped due to that area but I can't say that it wasn't a good house so I'm not surprised.

I guess I have a lot of thinking to do between the highlands ranch house and the centennial one. The one in centennial would be EZPZ to add 220v in the garage because the panel is on the exterior garage wall
    220 can be added into any garage no matter where the panel is.... the cost difference relative to a 300K purchase is negligible .... get the house, location, resale, etc. scenario that you prefer. The commute is a consideration, but so is the convenience of everything else in life... grocery store, gas, food places, highway access, gym, or whatever else is a part of your life...

Our location in the DTC was everything for us with EZ access to I25 and 470 since we use that a lot.... close to awesome schools, close to one of the best King Soopers in town, plenty of food choices close, Home Depot and Lowes are close (my job), plenty of traffic choices, etc. I'm in modest house in the cheapest single family neighborhood in my area with other 'hoods that are double to quadruple my home price. I'm good with that and don't need the fancy stuff that surrounds.

Because of the area and schools we feed into, the boys end up with friends whose parents are in a whole different social/finacial stratosphere... We don't care about raised eyebrows, double-takes, comparisons, or what anyone thinks .... the factors important to us have paid off well.

Member #
    shiiiiit. Those are the worst times when you're a kid.
    Yep, as a parent, you always wish you could take any sickness on in their place

220 can be added into any garage no matter where the panel is.... the cost difference relative to a 300K purchase is negligible .... get the house, location, resale, etc. scenario that you prefer. The commute is a consideration, but so is the convenience of everything else in life... grocery store, gas, food places, highway access, gym, or whatever else is a part of your life...

Our location in the DTC was everything for us with EZ access to I25 and 470 since we use that a lot.... close to awesome schools, close to one of the best King Soopers in town, plenty of food choices close, Home Depot and Lowes are close (my job), plenty of traffic choices, etc. I'm in modest house in the cheapest single family neighborhood in my area with other 'hoods that are double to quadruple my home price. I'm good with that and don't need the fancy stuff that surrounds.

Because of the area and schools we feed into, the boys end up with friends whose parents are in a whole different social/finacial stratosphere... We don't care about raised eyebrows, double-takes, comparisons, or what anyone thinks .... the factors important to us have paid off well.
    very wise and definitely something to consider. I do have to say that the centennial place has easy access to pretty much everything. The gym is a bit far but not too bad, I've been actually going in the middle of the work day so it might not even be an issue. the HR ranch place is slightly more convenient to 25 but I also don't hit 25 a lot these days aside from necessity due to my current living situation.

I do value having a bigger yard for the dog and a bigger garage so it seems like it would be worth the sacrifice to the commute...as to atmosphere.. I don't think I'm preppy enough for HR anyway

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    For the extra $10k the E Dorado Circle seems a better deal than Maribou Court.
    I would definately agree with this, ya know...if i was going to spend 300,000 on a house which i aint.

At least that one looks nice enough to halfway justify the Denver rape prices.
    Last edited by creepycrawler; December 17th, 2017 at 05:50 AM.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I would definately agree with this, ya know...if i was going to spend 300,000 on a house which i aint.
    Also as you stated, you can fit a room mate down stairs so you have that. I am just going to go ahead and start rooting for you to get a room mate so you can prove us all right.

Member #
    long night for the lad

Member #
    long night for the lad
    And im sure for you too. Stupid winter is stupid.

Member #
    Images
    Im gonna go plant some grass seed down at the lake
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

spent way too much time lying awake thinking

Member #
    spent way too much time lying awake thinking
    Thats gonna happen while house shopping.

Member #
    Ive got me a hankerin' for some fanitas. Heading to El Tapatia next i think.

Member #
    Stupid winter is indeed stupid

Member #
    seems like the kid finally quit throwing up

Member #
    John has been MIA for a while

Member #
    Just about time to take off for basketball.... I feel like I should have a bed at the Gold Crown facility

Member #
    seems like the kid finally quit throwing up
    Maybe he is empty.

new star wars is good

Member #
    Images
    Drug the yammer griz out today for about 3 hrs. Had a nice fast ride in areas thats ive never been before. Twas a blast.

Member #
    Images
    Been working like a dog with the dogs. Editing a lot of photos at night and trying to put an e-book together. Headed home to CO tomorrow for Christmas. It looks like lows below zero later this week which brings the suck.
    “The simple minded know many things that the wise ignore”

https://www.trulia.com/property/3119...nnial-CO-80015

other house in centennial was under contract by the time I woke up this morning, going to look at this one in the same neighborhood tomorrow. same floorplan but honestly looks nicer

Member #
    Images
    On the upside the Chiefs sealed the Division Title for the second year in a row. Downside the cheaters luck out. I was hoping the river would catch fire again today and both teams would perish with asphyxiation.

Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Drug the yammer griz out today for about 3 hrs. Had a nice fast ride in areas thats ive never been before. Twas a blast.
    sounds like the perfect sunday

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Maybe he is empty.
    He was empty way before the heaving stopped.... He will miss school tomorrow, but on the upswing

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog59 View Post
    Been working like a dog with the dogs. Editing a lot of photos at night and trying to put an e-book together. Headed home to CO tomorrow for Christmas. It looks like lows below zero later this week which brings the suck.
    Below zero temps always suck.... Good to hear from you and travel safely.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog59 View Post
    On the upside the Chiefs sealed the Division Title for the second year in a row. Downside the cheaters luck out. I was hoping the river would catch fire again today and both teams would perish with asphyxiation.
    The end of the cheaters game was "deflating" .... It just plain sucked. I hope they get crushed on their own turf

Member #
    Good to have basketball done.... Club team lost in the same fashion in a tight game.... good shots that just didn't fall, but Trey played really well. He was OK to not win that game to go face a team they have not been able to beat the last 2 times they've played. Getting home by 3:00 and not 9:00 was something all of us parents embraced.

However, the other parents were not on the run of 14 basketball games in 9 days, so I'm sure we embraced it a bit more.... Good family time tonight with a sick kid and all of us in front of the TV

Member #
    Holy smokes it's so cold out outside tonight

Member #
    found out by taking a bag of trash to the trashcan on the street for Monday pickup.... ready for a warm bed before Monday chaos

yeeep