View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 32.43%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 10.81%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 21.62%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

11 29.73%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 18.92%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 16.22%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 24.32%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

13 35.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1743 of 1747 FirstFirst ... 743124316431693173317411742174317441745 ... LastLast
Results 69,681 to 69,720 of 69847
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    Please let me know what you think. I’m very curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    I'm curious too. I don't tow much anymore but have my 25' camper so I still need the ability to do so without beating the shit outta my truck to do it. When I sell the Duramax I just might jump over to the Ferd side...just not sure yet.
    Well i just jumped on the 4-lane for about 5 miles up to the wallymart exit is and came back. Its a gradual uphill on the way there but i towed it fine without downshifting etc. and i am happy so far. The real test will be getting to the sand dunes and back as a lot of it is up one hill and down the other where the shift points were more of a problem than power while using cruise control.

With the 5.0 truck i traded for this one, the cruise would wait too long after coasting down one hill before downshifting heading up the next one then it would end up dropping to 2nd or 3rd gear with the engine revving 5 grand which is where it built power to get up the next hill. I could stop some of that by gassing a little at the bottom of a hill but what use is cruise control if you have to do that?

My hope is that since the egoboost builds its torque at low rpm that maybe it will be better at going up and down hills for 8 1/2 hours. I do have the 5-star N-guage tuner on it which freakin rocks on the 91 perf tune but i just dropped it down to the 89 perf/tow tune since i dont know if 91 will be available where and when i need to fill up.

Speaking of filling up, i do love the optional 36 gallon gas tank.

I usually fill up maybe once a month.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Tomorrow is fridee followed by 5 sadurdeez for me.

Member #
    Images
    Fer da lewns interested in heading to "the mines" with me, im planning to do it next week. Probably Thursday or Friday. Anyone have a preference?

Quote Originally Posted by R0CKET View Post
    I was looking into ring.. Iíll look into Arlo as well. I donít wanna pay for a subscription. It would be cool to just have a local drive at home that stores video and just records over it as it fills up.
    I've had an Annke system at our mountain place for a number of years. It is PoE, with a 1TB hard drive and four cameras. PoE means just one Cat5/6 cable per camera. The resolution on mine is only 720. New systems have higher resolution. Reolink is another decent brand from the research I did in the past.

I think the arlos are a great platform, but the metro district that services the mountain place has them on the community center and the main contact there says they don't 'reach out' very far with motion detection. Mine have pretty good range, one camera will pick up cars moving on the road 250 yards away.

The interface to get it set up for remote viewing was a little wanky. I had to send 1 or 2 emails to customer service, but they responded timely.

Here's a video. Truck is about 60 feet from the garage cam.

https://youtu.be/1ON1Ctl4v94

And another one

https://youtu.be/ooRS8aGsT-g

I'm looking at upgrading within a year or so, I'll definitely do research before, but they will be the top brand for new when I start.
    Jeff Mason
    99 Isuzu Amigo.

Member #
    Happy fridee for me.

Member #
    Mernin
    Wandering in the wilderness.

Member #
    Images
    I've heard the 6.0 gasser was a real dud but had not actually experienced one.

The problem is: one persons 'tows great!' is another's 'peppy unloaded but has to be hammered to actually tow.'. I just struggle to believe a forced fed mini-engine has the torque to tow substantial weight even though it has plenty of horsepower to zip around like a wanna be sport truck.
    100%

Hereís what my experience with the 6.0

24í deck over trailer with 6 electric golf carts.

We will call that 8k for the trailer and load with some wind drag. My 2015 2500 2wd struggled to keep that load at highway speeds, couldnít shift all the way out, and got less than 5mpg going it.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepWheelin02 View Post
    What are you doing Friday? How much does your camper weigh? It would be a god test for both of us as we are considering campers now.
    I don't think I have anything going on Friday. Gross Weight is 6000 lbs. It's empty now so I think it's down to about 5000 lbs as it sits. If it tows your... "car hauler with anything on it just fine." then it should manage this nearly similar. Will be great to find out.

I'll PM my cell to you so we can figure out a time offline.

Member #
    Images
    100%

Here’s what my experience with the 6.0

24’ deck over trailer with 6 electric golf carts.

We will call that 8k for the trailer and load with some wind drag. My 2015 2500 2wd struggled to keep that load at highway speeds, couldn’t shift all the way out, and got less than 5mpg going it.
    That's a lot of weight! The heaviest I'll haul is the camper now which is right in the car hauler/rig weight range. The boat I get will be much lighter so that'd never be an issue. Hell, the even the MKX should have a tow rating enough to handle a boat I'd get if I needed to use it.

Member #
    I was looking into ring.. Iíll look into Arlo as well. I donít wanna pay for a subscription. It would be cool to just have a local drive at home that stores video and just records over it as it fills up.
    I'm happy with the 5 camera Blink setup here ... but I didn't do any research or dig into other options other than "no subscription fees". It's a bit slow to alert - a bit of a lag between motion detected and phone ding, but they've improved it a bit and rumor has it they're working on it. With that delay, I've not tried to use the "monitor and talk" like Ring advertises, but really haven't had the need for that.
    They've been installed maybe a year now? and no battery issues yet.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave McDonald View Post
    Can anyone give me some opinions on security cameras? We've got a recent influx of 'visitors' on our road who are 'just looking around'. I want to record my driveway, but the reviews of cameras and recording systems are exceptionally confusing. It'd be cool if I could watch live on my phone too, like when I'm expecting a delivery. All I can find are chinese crap systems that have paid people to delete negative reviews.
    Depending on distance and length of your driveway, the Blink system may not have the range ... you have to play with the compromise of distance between wifi access point to blink module to camera...

Member #
    This is a zoomed in snapshot at the end of my 70' driveway from last summer when i was in Colorado for a wedding and my mom set off my alarm when she came over to feed and pet the critters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    This is a zoomed in snapshot at the end of my 70' driveway from last summer when i was in Colorado for a wedding and my mom set off my alarm when she came over to feed and pet the critters.

It's good that it was your mom and not some dude that looks like me checking on your critters ... I probably would've had 6 warning shots in my back.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    It's good that it was your mom and not some dude that looks like me checking on your critters ... I probably would've had 6 warning shots in my back.
    Looks.more like he was gonna just beat her down with a flashlight in broad daylight, lol.

Member #
    Mom is gonna be coming over to take care of puddydog tomorrow through toozdee so i expect to end up with a similar picture before the weekend is done.

That has Rex written all over it!
    Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

Member #
    Its all over but the drive now.

Its all over but the drive now.

Drive carefully and be safe!

Current view sitting on my deck wondering how I managed to end up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life can only be lived fully when it's lived outside of fear. Pain hurts, but the fear of pain paralyzes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mason View Post
    I've had an Annke system at our mountain place for a number of years. It is PoE, with a 1TB hard drive and four cameras. PoE means just one Cat5/6 cable per camera. The resolution on mine is only 720. New systems have higher resolution. Reolink is another decent brand from the research I did in the past.

I think the arlos are a great platform, but the metro district that services the mountain place has them on the community center and the main contact there says they don't 'reach out' very far with motion detection. Mine have pretty good range, one camera will pick up cars moving on the road 250 yards away.

The interface to get it set up for remote viewing was a little wanky. I had to send 1 or 2 emails to customer service, but they responded timely.

Here's a video. Truck is about 60 feet from the garage cam.

https://youtu.be/1ON1Ctl4v94

And another one

https://youtu.be/ooRS8aGsT-g

I'm looking at upgrading within a year or so, I'll definitely do research before, but they will be the top brand for new when I start.
    I’m in no rush.. lemme know what you settle on

Quote Originally Posted by gkainz View Post
    I'm happy with the 5 camera Blink setup here ... but I didn't do any research or dig into other options other than "no subscription fees". It's a bit slow to alert - a bit of a lag between motion detected and phone ding, but they've improved it a bit and rumor has it they're working on it. With that delay, I've not tried to use the "monitor and talk" like Ring advertises, but really haven't had the need for that.
    They've been installed maybe a year now? and no battery issues yet.

Thanks!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Drive carefully and be safe!
    I will try to as long as Amber doesnt kill me when she is driving. She takes drive it like ya stole it to heart. Thanks.

Member #

Current view sitting on my deck wondering how I managed to end up here.

That is purdy. I like how there is no more mayonaise on top.

Member #
    That has Rex written all over it!
    Yeah, I'll admit that it kinda does .... pretty badass bug.... I'll bet it's more fun to drive than 2 midgets in a wheelbarrow.

Member #
    Time to hit the road.

I will try to as long as Amber doesnt kill me when she is driving. She takes drive it like ya stole it to heart. Thanks.
    Have fun man!

Member #
    Images
    Please let me know what you think. Iím very curious.
    I'm curious too. I don't tow much anymore but have my 25' camper so I still need the ability to do so without beating the shit outta my truck to do it. When I sell the Duramax I just might jump over to the Ferd side...just not sure yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepWheelin02 View Post
    I've got a 2019 F150 EcoBoost. It is fantastic. I average 17.3mpg around town. Have gotten 20+ on highway trips unloaded. And it tows my car hauler with anything on it just fine. Definitely no lack of power. Ive towed my tractor, 4k pounds of pellets, and an unknown weight of 3 pallets of wood flooring.

If you want to hook your camper up to it sometime and see for yourself we can make that happen.
    I keep hearing that but my BILs barely pulls his 19í camper. It wouldnít even come close to my worn out 5.3.

Also manufacturer tow ratings are stupid.
    I've heard the 6.0 gasser was a real dud but had not actually experienced one.

The problem is: one persons 'tows great!' is another's 'peppy unloaded but has to be hammered to actually tow.'. I just struggle to believe a forced fed mini-engine has the torque to tow substantial weight even though it has plenty of horsepower to zip around like a wanna be sport truck.
    I don't think I have anything going on Friday. Gross Weight is 6000 lbs. It's empty now so I think it's down to about 5000 lbs as it sits. If it tows your... "car hauler with anything on it just fine." then it should manage this nearly similar. Will be great to find out.

I'll PM my cell to you so we can figure out a time offline.
    I'm impressed!! I didn't need much driving to get the feel of it. I could easily tell that at 7600', minor inclines and multiple starts & stops that that truck managed the camper every bit as well as my 2002 Duramax...but with a mini engine vs the diesel. Acceleration under the load was impressive, didn't lug or struggle to speed up. If it needed to be floored to get it moving faster would it accelerate at the same rate and keep up with the diesel at 11,000' moving up over the pass, not sure but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it did.

From what Scott was saying, it appears it gets roughly the same fuel mileage (in town, highway & towing) as my Duramax with a possible slight edge going to the Duramax if I keep RPMs down in to 2000 or lower.

For my 6000lb tow load or less needs, I can tell you I'll most likely get one after selling the Duramax. Everyday zip and ride comfort with plenty sufficient grunt when I'd need it

Member #
    Images
    I'm impressed!! I didn't need much driving to get the feel of it. I could easily tell that at 7600', minor inclines and multiple starts & stops that that truck managed the camper every bit as well as my 2002 Duramax...but with a mini engine vs the diesel. Acceleration under the load was impressive, didn't lug or struggle to speed up. If it needed to be floored to get it moving faster would it accelerate at the same rate and keep up with the diesel at 11,000' moving up over the pass, not sure but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it did.

From what Scott was saying, it appears it gets roughly the same fuel mileage (in town, highway & towing) as my Duramax with a possible slight edge going to the Duramax if I keep RPMs down in to 2000 or lower.

For my 6000lb tow load or less needs, I can tell you I'll most likely get one after selling the Duramax. Everyday zip and ride comfort with plenty sufficient grunt when I'd need it
    Fuel economy on it is similar to the Duramax in more ways. The truck loves 2-2.2k RPMS. If you can stick in that range you can get 23mpg on the highway, get above that and it drops off.
    Contact me for all your firearms needs. Guns, ammo, accessories, NFA......

Member #
    Yea off krow until Thursday

Loons

Member #
    I need counseling ... Winning the Lotto is both a dream and a fear....

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...128797471.html

Lousy aerodynamics, but it ought to be quick.

Go for test drive?

Member #
    Lousy aerodynamics, but it ought to be quick.

Go for test drive?
    Aerodynamics??? Most of the wind resistance would be my sunglasses and the bottom of my flip flops ....

.... you're right in that I didn't do any analysis in that respect, but I'm sure any of those deficiencies can be fixed with more power.

Aerodynamics??? Most of the wind resistance would be my sunglasses and the bottom of my flip flops ....

.... you're right in that I didn't do any analysis in that respect, but I'm sure any of those deficiencies can be fixed with more power.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images

That's awesome. My buddy and partner in crime for the BBCA show texted that link to me earlier today. He has been trying to convince me we need to buy it, add a cage, windscreen, and large fuel cell, and try our hand at the cannonball. Obviously he is somewhat joking.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images

Buy it and parts and I'll do the cage work and install a windscreen for ya. Someone should have some fun.

Member #

One of my friends is building something simular.

Member #

Color me impressed as well. I havent weighed the trailer fully loaded down but i figure it has to be close to being as much as you should tow with a half ton truck. About halfway here, and i did clear the fuel milage before i left, i was getting a little over 10 mpg although it did end up dropping to about 9 by the time i got here. Its constant up and down hills and slowing down and speeding up through towns and construction zones though.

My 2010 5.4 and my 2013 5.0 both were in the 7-8 gpm area and were always downshifting as far as to 2nd gear and 5000 rpm to pull hill to get in the power range and were never in 6th. This thing only dropped to 4th twice that i noticed and was always in 6th gear except on longer hill climbs when it would drop to 5th. It didnt even act like it was working hard. Its amazing that a 6 banger can do what it does and all at the rpm range of 1700 to 1800 rpm.

Member #

Member #
    The truck did keep pissing me off when it kept telling me to drink coffee though.