View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

13 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 10.26%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 20.51%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

11 28.21%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

8 20.51%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 15.38%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 23.08%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

13 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1922 of 1947 FirstFirst ... 9221422182218721912192019211922192319241932 ... LastLast
Results 76,841 to 76,880 of 77873
    Member #
    Winter is stoopid. Its almost dark at 6:00.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Monday has returned.

With a vengeance.
    Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway.
    Stupidity is the same.
    And thatís why life is hard.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Monday has returned.

With a vengeance.
    Yup. Its here for sure. 47 heading to 77 and sunshine though so at least that part is bearable.

Member #
    I sure hope puddydog gets his clock set before long. He got scooby and scrappy both up an hour early again this morning and all 3 of them were just staring at me wanting me to get up.

Member #
    Images
    Stoopid wintertime, stoopid time change and stoopid Monday.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    Stoopid wintertime, stoopid time change and stoopid Monday.
    All of the above.

Member #
    Had i been thinking ahead and paying attention to the forecast, i would have taken today off and went fishing. I have a few vaca days i need to burn before the end of the year.

Member #
    The sister unit just texted that she had a nice buck down. That makes one doe with rifle and a doe and a buck with the bow so far for her this season. She is slacking some.

Member #
    November started Novembering today

32 == 53

the high is 25 degrees cooler than yesterday ... those really nice days are gone for a while.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    The sister unit just texted that she had a nice buck down. That makes one doe with rifle and a doe and a buck with the bow so far for her this season. She is slacking some.
    And your count is?
    Wandering in the wilderness.

Member #
    For a Moonday it was ok first time in 10 weeks I was able to drag pallets with some difficulty but was able to do it.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    And your count is?
    One for every day I've hunted.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Didn't realize I had another person here using the same nickname my truck's had here for 3+ years

The Racetruck got cleaned up yesterday, but is overdue for a proper detail, wax, etc. My detail guy told me to bring it and he'll knock it out for a really good deal. I need to do the same with Jodi's Saab-thing, but he's going to do a more detailed buff on the black car that needs it.

Maybe I'll shift to "MuscleTruck"
    Lulz..... i was copying you as i thought i remember you had switched back to the diesel side. we can share, i graduated kindergarten lol

in all honesty, the fuel pump adventure almost had me trade the thing in....
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Images
    Plata-rado

silver is plata in espan-yola .... and the Silverado is silver.

Hopefully Rich's truck is a different color so he don't try to steal another truck nick-name
    well..... i actually name mine after actressess or strippers.... but i figured that might get a little confusing without any other context, someone might get the idea that i was magically pimping it up or something lol

Are you saying Big Sally isn't a stripper name?
    " A mans rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" Fredrick Douglass
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Monday #2.

It's Groundhog Day all over again.

Member #
    Images
    Elk hunt was tough this year! I. Am. Beat!!! Gonna take me a week to recover and get everything all cleaned up and put away.

Massive failure from Nosler Partition 180gr. Will be calling them this week cause that is BS!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Monday #2.
    Its actually toozdee but looking at the weather, its a repeat of mundee. Sunshiney and 77 is where we are supposed to be today.

Bbbrrrrrrr only 24 out

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester70-2 View Post
    Bbbrrrrrrr only 24 out

That is nonsense. Aint nobody got time for that.

Heading down to the navajo Nation for a week today. RezDawg is hosting a vaccine clinic.

Member #
    I stayed up till 11:00 last night in hopes of getting a good nights sleep but it didn't work. I dunno why im not sleeping now which may seem weird to.say since i dont sleep a lot but the last three nights of little sleep have been different than my normal lack of sleep but i dont know how to explain exactly how it is different.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Elk hunt was tough this year! I. Am. Beat!!! Gonna take me a week to recover and get everything all cleaned up and put away.

Massive failure from Nosler Partition 180gr. Will be calling them this week cause that is BS!
    What happened? Did you get anything?
    Contact me for all your firearms needs. Guns, ammo, accessories, NFA......

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Are you saying Big Sally isn't a stripper name?
    Not at the strip clubs I went to when I was younger .... Gotta imagine that would be a no-cover-charge kinda place.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    Lulz..... i was copying you as i thought i remember you had switched back to the diesel side. we can share, i graduated kindergarten lol

in all honesty, the fuel pump adventure almost had me trade the thing in....
    Can't blame ya on the fuel pump thing .... No, still got the Plata-rado ... I've been considering listing it at a pretty high number given the prices of used stuff right now. If so, I'd be tempted if I found a clean 2nd gen without a ton of miles that cost less than a house.

I also liked my Ecoboost F15oohhh, but they're also bringing too much in the used market.

Member #
    Images
    Can't blame ya on the fuel pump thing .... No, still got the Plata-rado ... I've been considering listing it at a pretty high number given the prices of used stuff right now. If so, I'd be tempted if I found a clean 2nd gen without a ton of miles that cost less than a house.

I also liked my Ecoboost F15oohhh, but they're also bringing too much in the used market.
    Yeah, i can't believe that i could sell my truck for close to what i bought it for... i also can't stomach paying that much for a used truck ever.... so i will continue to fight with Izzy ( she is named after Izzy Stevens from Grey's anatomy, good looking blonde girl. The truck is white, so figured that was appropriate).

Member #
    Wednesday done Friday peeping over the fence.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    Yeah, i can't believe that i could sell my truck for close to what i bought it for... i also can't stomach paying that much for a used truck ever.... so i will continue to fight with Izzy ( she is named after Izzy Stevens from Grey's anatomy, good looking blonde girl. The truck is white, so figured that was appropriate).
    Since the wife is liking the Saab-thing, I posted the Hemi Charger R/T AWD on Sunday ... I expected it to go quick. Sold it Monday afternoon and they come get it Thursday as I needed it on Weds .... Put 25K miles on it and sold it for more than I paid.

Member #
    Images

I made a 65 year old woman cry today.

This bug was my aunts first car. She bought it new for $2783 with 6 miles on it. Almost 20 years ago it needed engine work and she had pretty much quit driving it. So it got parked in my dads barn. 1.5 years ago I had my dad haul it over here so I could start in it. Yesterday I finally got it running, driving and stopping. I took it down for new tires yesterday then took it by her house today to surprise her.

Itís still not even close to done but Iíll get there eventually. If I can get her to quit worrying about the seats and the radio and let me get it mechanically sound first.

Next up is figure out why it isnít charging and fix the fuel gauge.

Then Iíll drive it a few hundred miles to hopefully work the kinks out then take it to her house until she gets tired of looking at it and letís me buy it. lol

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepWheelin02 View Post
    What happened? Did you get anything?
    I thought I missed first shot. Just shy of 300 yards, laying prone since I couldn't get a rest on the tree I was under. I had a great steady shot when the trigger broke and sent 180gr Nosler to him.

He just stood there like nothing happened. So I sent another, then another. He finally dropped. I found 2 holes in him: heart and liver. Yeah, I got a little excited after the first 2 shots thinking 'WHF? If you're still standing then I'm still shooting!'

My preferred processor is full so I have the quarters at home and being kept nice and cool per my processors instructions. We leave the hide on in the field if it's cold (and damn it's cold up there!) to keep it clean while we transport in such dusty conditions and the meat is always in excellent condition when it gets to the processor. But since I have to keep the quarters at home until he's got fridge space to put it he told me to get it skinned while it's still easy and get it into my good canvas bags.

So as I'm skinning my knife hits something hard which had me puzzled just skinning. As I worked around it one of my bullets falls out!! It was sitting right under the skin but not on the off side shoulder, on the shoulder I shot! It didn't even make it into the muscle, yet alone break that shoulder blade. Hell, it didn't even bruise the muscle but a very superficial bit on the surface as you can see in the pictures. The underside skin shows more bruising and the entry hole.

Now, 2 years ago I shot a cow from a rested 200 yards. Perfect broadside and she runs down hill a couple dozen yards. The shot looked perfect but all I found where I thought she ran down to was a very small amount of dark muscle blood. I tracked tiny amounts of blood for about 100 yards and never found her. Hunting partners helped me look for 2 hours after I already spent an hour myself. Never could find her.

Figuring I was a shitty shot and only gave her a non-fatal wound I hunted the next morning. I saw a cow just standing broadside looking at me at first light from about 75 yards away. I leveled on her, had a great steady shot and squeezed of a round. She just stood there like nothing happened, just like this year's bull, then she just calmly turned and walked away! I couldn't get a second shot due to the setup circumstances. But I radioed my hunting partners and said: 'I got this one, no sweat.". Never found her, not even a drop of blood after searching for 2 hours.

So I tell partners I'm heading to camp to check my zero because there's no F'n way 2 great looking shots missed like that. My 2 test rounds were fricken perfectly accurate.

Now those shots were using the same exact load as the one this year. 1/2 MOA accurate through my rifle with a good rest. I've been tortured with WTH cold have happened for 2 years wondering what the hell I might have done wrong. Had I not skinned this years elk out I'd still be mulling that over but now I'm getting pissed because the batch of 180gr Partition Protected Points I am loading are looking to be shit quality. I'll get with Nosler on all this and get their take on it but I'm thinking that I won't ever be able to trust these even if the experience with the 2 cows aren't actually what happened on this year's bull. But good luck convincing me otherwise after what I just found...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post

I made a 65 year old woman cry today.

This bug was my aunts first car. She bought it new for $2783 with 6 miles on it. Almost 20 years ago it needed engine work and she had pretty much quit driving it. So it got parked in my dads barn. 1.5 years ago I had my dad haul it over here so I could start in it. Yesterday I finally got it running, driving and stopping. I took it down for new tires yesterday then took it by her house today to surprise her.

Itís still not even close to done but Iíll get there eventually. If I can get her to quit worrying about the seats and the radio and let me get it mechanically sound first.

Next up is figure out why it isnít charging and fix the fuel gauge.

Then Iíll drive it a few hundred miles to hopefully work the kinks out then take it to her house until she gets tired of looking at it and letís me buy it. lol
    Very Cool Stuff

What year is the bug?

The tiny dicktaters in Eagle county handed down more writs of assistance today

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Wednesday done Friday peeping over the fence.
    Your calender is more broken than puddydogs clock.

Polaris released the new not an XYZ thing today, now I have to trade in the toy hauler too

Member #
    I guess i should have waited till around 3am to go to be because im pretty sure i didnt sleep a wink before then. Oh well...

Happy day of humping. Currently 63 but only climbing to maybe mid 70s with a chance of afternoon thunderboomers.

It's still Monday.

Dang it.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    I thought I missed first shot. Just shy of 300 yards, laying prone since I couldn't get a rest on the tree I was under. I had a great steady shot when the trigger broke and sent 180gr Nosler to him.

He just stood there like nothing happened. So I sent another, then another. He finally dropped. I found 2 holes in him: heart and liver. Yeah, I got a little excited after the first 2 shots thinking 'WHF? If you're still standing then I'm still shooting!'

My preferred processor is full so I have the quarters at home and being kept nice and cool per my processors instructions. We leave the hide on in the field if it's cold (and damn it's cold up there!) to keep it clean while we transport in such dusty conditions and the meat is always in excellent condition when it gets to the processor. But since I have to keep the quarters at home until he's got fridge space to put it he told me to get it skinned while it's still easy and get it into my good canvas bags.

So as I'm skinning my knife hits something hard which had me puzzled just skinning. As I worked around it one of my bullets falls out!! It was sitting right under the skin but not on the off side shoulder, on the shoulder I shot! It didn't even make it into the muscle, yet alone break that shoulder blade. Hell, it didn't even bruise the muscle but a very superficial bit on the surface as you can see in the pictures. The underside skin shows more bruising and the entry hole.

Now, 2 years ago I shot a cow from a rested 200 yards. Perfect broadside and she runs down hill a couple dozen yards. The shot looked perfect but all I found where I thought she ran down to was a very small amount of dark muscle blood. I tracked tiny amounts of blood for about 100 yards and never found her. Hunting partners helped me look for 2 hours after I already spent an hour myself. Never could find her.

Figuring I was a shitty shot and only gave her a non-fatal wound I hunted the next morning. I saw a cow just standing broadside looking at me at first light from about 75 yards away. I leveled on her, had a great steady shot and squeezed of a round. She just stood there like nothing happened, just like this year's bull, then she just calmly turned and walked away! I couldn't get a second shot due to the setup circumstances. But I radioed my hunting partners and said: 'I got this one, no sweat.". Never found her, not even a drop of blood after searching for 2 hours.

So I tell partners I'm heading to camp to check my zero because there's no F'n way 2 great looking shots missed like that. My 2 test rounds were fricken perfectly accurate.

Now those shots were using the same exact load as the one this year. 1/2 MOA accurate through my rifle with a good rest. I've been tortured with WTH cold have happened for 2 years wondering what the hell I might have done wrong. Had I not skinned this years elk out I'd still be mulling that over but now I'm getting pissed because the batch of 180gr Partition Protected Points I am loading are looking to be shit quality. I'll get with Nosler on all this and get their take on it but I'm thinking that I won't ever be able to trust these even if the experience with the 2 cows aren't actually what happened on this year's bull. But good luck convincing me otherwise after what I just found...

That straight up sucks about the bullet. At least you got one down. What area?

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepWheelin02 View Post
    That straight up sucks about the bullet. At least you got one down. What area?
    49 Buffalo Peaks.

A really nice big 6x6 first 1/2 hour of first day and couldn't get a steady shot I needed, then got busted by younger bulls he was with as I tried to reposition for a rested position.

Then second to last evening I reduced my standard down to 'If it's brown, it's down.'. So I took a small 4 point for the meat quality.

There's no lead/copper bonding on that bullet, no way for it to hold together and get the job down. Will insist they replace all my boxes of bullet components with new to get those out so I don't load anymore up. Sucks I have to go through the whole process of working up an accurate load all over again but life can be worse.

Member #
    Thunderboomers have hit.

Member #
    Weekend