View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

13 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 10.26%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 20.51%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

11 28.21%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

8 20.51%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 15.38%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 23.08%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

13 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1919 of 1947 FirstFirst ... 9191419181918691909191719181919192019211929 ... LastLast
Results 76,721 to 76,760 of 77874
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Still Monday....
    Your calender sucks worse that oscars lately.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Currently 57 heading towards 70 with sunshine but north windy so cold and sucky.

Come on summahtime!!!

Member #
    32 == > 58

maybe 70 tomorrow

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    I don't know how much of a hookup there is for those rotopax things but my brother in law runs a shop in SLC, i am sure that they could ship to you, and i would think being family i get some sort of homie hookup.
    hookers and blow!

Will some please turn the thermostat up

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Mondays:

Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway.
    Stupidity is the same.
    And thatís why life is hard.

Member #
    78 rainy nader warnings to the west.
    Wandering in the wilderness.

Member #
    Stoopid north wind is stoopid.

Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    I don't know how much of a hookup there is for those rotopax things but my brother in law runs a shop in SLC, i am sure that they could ship to you, and i would think being family i get some sort of homie hookup.
    Thanks! I am actually trying to avoid fuel cans and looking for larger capacity fixed fuel cells. The majority of fires that I see seem to be related to a leaking gas can stored somewhere. Unfortunately the aftermarket hasn't really produced anything that is exactly what I am looking for,k there are a couple things that are sort of halves of my whole idea. I think the cost of a one off roto-molded tank would be cost prohibitive.

For some reason Polaris wasted a bunch of space when they designed the factory tank. This guy has done a good job of maki ng a tank that goes in the stock location and has been able to increase the capacity by 2 gallons, that only = about 20 miles in extra range.
    https://www.trailtank.net/product-pa...00-turbo-xp4-s

This guy is on to the idea that there is a whole bunch of real estate under the drivers side seat, but falls way short of maximizing capacity in that space:
    https://imsproducts.com/products/ims-fuel-tank-24109

My thought would be to make one high end roto-molded tank that took advantage of all the available real estate and gave me a capacity of roughly 18 gallons on the low side and 23-24 gallons on the high side. I don't know how a person goes about prototyping something like this but it's my understanding that a single mold for the process runs about $20K so you need to be pretty sure before you invest that kind of cash. Sadly the aftermarket leaves a lot to be desired on storage support for these machines, I have a lot of other ideas that would be in high demand just dont have the resources to develop them right now.
    " A mans rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" Fredrick Douglass
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    Holy crappola the wind was kicking over night as the stoopid cold front finished going through. 55 now and only supposed to be 69 with sunshine today but the weekend is looking warmer so im happy about that.

Happy fridee everyone.

Friday. Finally!

Maybe it was announced in one of those meetings that I seem to forget to attend, but we have gone to a 4-day work week...I guess.

The odd thing is that there seems to be plenty to do on Fridays.

Oh well. Not my circus.

Thanks! I am actually trying to avoid fuel cans and looking for larger capacity fixed fuel cells. The majority of fires that I see seem to be related to a leaking gas can stored somewhere. Unfortunately the aftermarket hasn't really produced anything that is exactly what I am looking for,k there are a couple things that are sort of halves of my whole idea. I think the cost of a one off roto-molded tank would be cost prohibitive.

For some reason Polaris wasted a bunch of space when they designed the factory tank. This guy has done a good job of maki ng a tank that goes in the stock location and has been able to increase the capacity by 2 gallons, that only = about 20 miles in extra range.
    https://www.trailtank.net/product-pa...00-turbo-xp4-s

This guy is on to the idea that there is a whole bunch of real estate under the drivers side seat, but falls way short of maximizing capacity in that space:
    https://imsproducts.com/products/ims-fuel-tank-24109

My thought would be to make one high end roto-molded tank that took advantage of all the available real estate and gave me a capacity of roughly 18 gallons on the low side and 23-24 gallons on the high side. I don't know how a person goes about prototyping something like this but it's my understanding that a single mold for the process runs about $20K so you need to be pretty sure before you invest that kind of cash. Sadly the aftermarket leaves a lot to be desired on storage support for these machines, I have a lot of other ideas that would be in high demand just dont have the resources to develop them right now.
    I'd suggest measuring the space you want to fill and then searching for a tank the right (approximately) size.

Back in the day of Polaris four wheelers, I mounted a five gallon fuel cell to the rear rack (permanently) and plumbed it in. Worked well and I never used the rack anyway.

Or, you can have an aluminum tank built for the space you want to fill. Expensive, but cheaper than the one-off rotopax.

Thank goodness for Fridays.

I always enjoy working a Fridays when most of the crew was off. I could accomplish things.

Member #

Member #
    Images
    I'd suggest measuring the space you want to fill and then searching for a tank the right (approximately) size.

Back in the day of Polaris four wheelers, I mounted a five gallon fuel cell to the rear rack (permanently) and plumbed it in. Worked well and I never used the rack anyway.

Or, you can have an aluminum tank built for the space you want to fill. Expensive, but cheaper than the one-off rotopax.
    This is a great idea, there are even some fairly flat 10 gallon cells that you could just plumb down to the tank fill with a ball valve to siphon feed

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Yes please

Member #
    Images

The Lunatic Fringe (Part 2)

Gotta find a solution to carry more fuel in the not an xyz thing. Right now I can only get about 100 miles before the on board tank runs out, or carry extra cans that are unsafe. Anybody have any connections in the roto molding industry?

I have this on the ranger. I canít remember what they are called. I can look when I get home if you like.

Now that Iím caught up I see that you donít want this solution.
    Last edited by BumperMan; October 29th, 2021 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! After sleeping on it I ordered the 2 gallon larger tank that replaces the factory tank to see how well that works in the short term.

I am going to do some more research on injection and roto molding. I think there is a real demand for some products in the aftermarket that could lead to an enterprise opportunity. As a numbers guy I did some calculations today, I think on something like a tank, the R&D and production costs could be fully realized on the sale of about 100 units and just slightly over the price of the two options I listed. With annual production of about 500K machines just for Polaris, if only 1% of owners purchased my ideas I could be dirty rich.

Member #
    Images
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys! After sleeping on it I ordered the 2 gallon larger tank that replaces the factory tank to see how well that works in the short term.

I am going to do some more research on injection and roto molding. I think there is a real demand for some products in the aftermarket that could lead to an enterprise opportunity. As a numbers guy I did some calculations today, I think on something like a tank, the R&D and production costs could be fully realized on the sale of about 100 units and just slightly over the price of the two options I listed. With annual production of about 500K machines just for Polaris, if only 1% of owners purchased my ideas I could be dirty rich.
    Not to be a Debbie downer but you might also check into the liability insurance required. I know in my industry fuel tanks are a touchy subject.

Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    Not to be a Debbie downer but you might also check into the liability insurance required. I know in my industry fuel tanks are a touchy subject.
    No doubt you are right and I hadn't thought about that but I will add it to my list of things to investigate. Fortunately most of the things I think there is a market for do not involve volatile substances, mostly storage options to make use of some of the wasted spaces or storage items that actually fit the machines.

Member #
    Its supposed to get down into the 40s overnight for the first time of the stoopid season.

This does not please me.....at all.

Member #
    Freakin' brrrrrr. 45 this mernin and thats some booshat.

Sunshine and 74 later so maybe the day will redeem itself.

Member #
    44 == > 65

Member #
    5th grade playoff fewtsball warmups start in 1 hour

Member #
    What the heck it’s only only going to be 73 today. Stoopid fall.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    What the heck it’s only only going to be 73 today. Stoopid fall.
    There are only two seasons. Sweet, sweet summahtime and stoopid wintertime. This is stoopid wintertime.

Member #
    I got bored and went out for a couple blasts. Bested my 5.05 down to 5.00 on 0-60 and improved 1/4 mile time from 13.59 to 13.55 but at slower speed. I probably should have waited a couple hours for the humidity to drop. If i can get a 4 of any kind out of my bone stock plus tune 6 cylinder truck, i will be happy. Missed it by that much...

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Member #
    Court's team won 40-6 ... Beat the same team 2 weeks ago 41-6 .... We missed an additional extra point this time and gave up that touchdown at garbage time at the end of the game. It was the same team we beat in the Super Bowl last year.

Super Bowl is next Saturday.

Member #
    It hit 70 today and was nice .... high of 45 tomorrow.

Member #
    The sickness I have can be exhausting at times.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18508672425...MAAOSwoelhWkg9

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    The sickness I have can be exhausting at times.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18508672425...MAAOSwoelhWkg9

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I got bored and went out for a couple blasts. Bested my 5.05 down to 5.00 on 0-60 and improved 1/4 mile time from 13.59 to 13.55 but at slower speed. I probably should have waited a couple hours for the humidity to drop. If i can get a 4 of any kind out of my bone stock plus tune 6 cylinder truck, i will be happy. Missed it by that much...

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

What app is that?
    04 LWB LJ 4.0L 42RLE 2.5" OME lift 1" body lift 35" KO2s
    91 SWB MJ 4.0L AX-15 4:1NP-231 D30 D44a 6" tomken 32" KM2s
    99 MX-5 1.8L 5 speed 23" all seasons

The end of the weekend draws nigh.

Snews are reported to be massing on the northern border.

Member #
    The end of the weekend draws nigh.

Snews are reported to be massing on the northern border.
    Keep them up there where they belong.

Member #
    Happy sundee. Pretty much a carbon copy of yesterday. Currently 45 going for sunshine and 73.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott91MJ View Post
    What app is that?
    Dragy Motorsports
    https://dragymotorsports.com/?utm_so...gaAlrpEALw_wcB

Member #
    The good news is that the weather monkeys have upped todays high by a few į. The bad news is that my weather is getting worse this week and may even see lows in the 30s a couple of days. Stoopid winter is stoopid.

Come on sweet, sweet summahtime!!!

Member #
    37 and cloudy ... only gonna hit 44 today

Member #
    That’s yucky I turned the house A/C off today.