View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

    13 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

    4 10.26%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

    8 20.51%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

    11 28.21%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

    8 20.51%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

    6 15.38%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

    9 23.08%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

    13 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1917 of 1947 FirstFirst ... 9171417181718671907191519161917191819191927 ... LastLast
Results 76,641 to 76,680 of 77874
  1. #76641
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Here's to sleep.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

  2. #76642
    One moar day, then back out to beautiful Blanding, UT
    " A mans rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" Fredrick Douglass
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

  3. #76643
    Wednesday?

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  4. #76644
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester70-2 View Post
    Wednesday?

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    No. Monday #3.
    Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway.
    Stupidity is the same.
    And thatís why life is hard.

  5. #76645
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Itw hump day of course. 61 looking for 85. I will not make the mistake of wearing a long sleeved shirt today like i did yesterday.

    Sleep was a little better than mundee night but not awesome. My left arm kept hurting enough to keep sleep from happening well. Not heart attack pain but something. Oh well.

  6. #76646
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post

    the 16 year old has been in residential mental health treatment for the last 8 weeks now. he had a breakdown on the 3rd day of school and things got pretty interesting, roughed up grandma and then grabbed a kitchen knife and held it to his own throat. Based on what we saw on Sunday, I don't have a good sense that much has changed or improved, he couldn't handle the social anxiety of going to play putt putt golf, how is he going to handle school with 1500 kids?
    Wow Rich, that's a pretty sad and stressful situation...

    My 16yo has also been struggling with a lot of emotional and other issues .... We've had some pretty significant events in recent months ... been into things he shouldn't, left the house about 4 times in 2 years now for 2-3 days at a time, increasingly verbally aggressive and threatening (mostly to his mom) ... choosing "unsavory company" .... quit basketball (huge waste of talent) ... slacking significantly in on-line school as in addition to his mask-wearing issue in public school, his attendance was horrible. He's threatened suicide a few times. --- the list goes on.

    He's just begun attending counseling now and has had a job for about a month. He seems on an up-swing, but there have been plenty of those previously that simply derail.

    It's tough as parents when you feel like you did most things right as they are growing up. My relationship with him is pretty strained right now and I'm doing what I can to improve it as well as help him with behavioral steering correction. It's affecting his little brother. His potential is enormous and his aspirations are dismal.

  7. #76647
    tacotoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Westminster
    Member #
    6222
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Wow Rich, that's a pretty sad and stressful situation...

    My 16yo has also been struggling with a lot of emotional and other issues .... We've had some pretty significant events in recent months ... been into things he shouldn't, left the house about 4 times in 2 years now for 2-3 days at a time, increasingly verbally aggressive and threatening (mostly to his mom) ... choosing "unsavory company" .... quit basketball (huge waste of talent) ... slacking significantly in on-line school as in addition to his mask-wearing issue in public school, his attendance was horrible. He's threatened suicide a few times. --- the list goes on.

    He's just begun attending counseling now and has had a job for about a month. He seems on an up-swing, but there have been plenty of those previously that simply derail.

    It's tough as parents when you feel like you did most things right as they are growing up. My relationship with him is pretty strained right now and I'm doing what I can to improve it as well as help him with behavioral steering correction. It's affecting his little brother. His potential is enormous and his aspirations are dismal.
    I feel for you Rex, and have been through the roller-coaster more than most if you want to catch up offline. Unfortunately for us, the 16 year old has some potential genetic roadblocks for him that likely led to the downfall of his dad. We have been working on this with him for about 4 years now with therapy and trying to tune medications to get him to a functioning level. It is hard to understand that this is likely what his future looks like, and knowing that there isn't a true solution makes it hard to keep a mostly positive mindset.

    He had moved out and was living at grandmas from March till when school started and the other adventure had happened. It will be a shift for him to be back home, and quite honestly, im not sure that it will last long before he is back in the same cycle.

    Stick with it, the hardest lesson i have learned as a parent so far is that at the end of the day, they are their own people, and will do things their own way regardless of what direction i try to give. It doesn't mean they are always making the wrong choices, they just aren't doing it how we want them to.
    hookers and blow!

  8. #76648
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    It doesn't mean they are always making the wrong choices, they just aren't doing it how we want them to.
    Sometimes it's both... His is definitely a mixture of the 2.

    Hopefully with some age and maturity looking forward, we both see some progress with our kids....

  9. #76649
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    It might be scooby's time. Her legs are too weak to stand on slick stuff very long and she ended up on the tile in entryway while i was at church this eve and when i got home, she was breathing very heavy from trying to get up. I got her back on the carpet but she cant stand up on it either. Hopefully she is just worn out from being stuck spread eagle for however long but we will see. Poor old dogger.

  10. #76650
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    She finally quit breathing so hard and acted like she wanted to try to get up so i helped her up again and helped her walk into the bedroom because she sleeps in the closet now days. She made it in there so maybe she is making a come back. She is an old lady but maybe she has one more come back in her. She will be 15 in a couple of weeks if she makes it that long.

  11. #76651
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Sometimes it's both... His is definitely a mixture of the 2.

    Hopefully with some age and maturity looking forward, we both see some progress with our kids....
    I feel for both of you. These situations aren't easy and having support is definitely vital. I have suffered through much of the same with both of my girls. The cutting, suicidal threats, depression, the acting out, the choosing guys that only added to the issues, the up-swings and out of nowhere crashes. I know some of this is a cultural change from when we grew up, and things like cutting is highly prevalent among middle and high schoolers, like the drug of choice. No matter what it all still sucks majorly and isn't what anyone wants for their kids.

    I am grateful that my oldest figured her shit out. I am grateful that she was old enough to help her little sis from sinking as deep in that black hole as she did. I pray with time the chaos cycles will die out and I can watch both of them succeed and be happy with life.

    You both have my prayers for you and your kids.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  12. #76652
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    She finally quit breathing so hard and acted like she wanted to try to get up so i helped her up again and helped her walk into the bedroom because she sleeps in the closet now days. She made it in there so maybe she is making a come back. She is an old lady but maybe she has one more come back in her. She will be 15 in a couple of weeks if she makes it that long.
    Glad she is feeling better for the night and is more comfortable. Watching pups suffer has to be the worst part

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  13. #76653
    Monday #4.


    But still Monday.

  14. #76654
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Welp, the scoobz made it through the night and was trying to get stood up when me and scrappy and puddydog got up this morning. I had to give her a little help to get up but after that, she gimped her way around the house and went outside to eat and use the bathroom pretty normally so maybe she has one life left.

    60 looking for 80. Happy fridee eve mernin thingy.

  15. #76655
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester70-2 View Post
    I feel for both of you. These situations aren't easy and having support is definitely vital. I have suffered through much of the same with both of my girls. The cutting, suicidal threats, depression, the acting out, the choosing guys that only added to the issues, the up-swings and out of nowhere crashes. I know some of this is a cultural change from when we grew up, and things like cutting is highly prevalent among middle and high schoolers, like the drug of choice. No matter what it all still sucks majorly and isn't what anyone wants for their kids.

    I am grateful that my oldest figured her shit out. I am grateful that she was old enough to help her little sis from sinking as deep in that black hole as she did. I pray with time the chaos cycles will die out and I can watch both of them succeed and be happy with life.

    You both have my prayers for you and your kids.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Thank you Lissa

  16. #76656
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Welp, the scoobz made it through the night and was trying to get stood up when me and scrappy and puddydog got up this morning. I had to give her a little help to get up but after that, she gimped her way around the house and went outside to eat and use the bathroom pretty normally so maybe she has one life left.

    60 looking for 80. Happy fridee eve mernin thingy.
    Glad to hear about scoob

  17. #76657
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    39 ==> 66

  18. #76658
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  19. #76659
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    So looks like a scam

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  20. #76660
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester70-2 View Post
    So looks like a scam

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Not really with a "must look at it in person" --- there are quite a few of those old tractors under $1800

  21. #76661
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Not really with a "must look at it in person" --- there are quite a few of those old tractors under $1800
    Just doesn't look to be the black forest area at all.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  22. #76662
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester70-2 View Post
    Just doesn't look to be the black forest area at all.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    gotcha, maybe it is.

  23. #76663
    ASCTLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Black Forest
    Member #
    1416
    Images
    5
    Black Forest is quite a large area with a good bit of it out in the open with few trees. Just a couple miles north of me is wide open rolling hills before the trees start up again.

    eta: Yep, just looked at the ad and sure enough it's listed as "Monument/Black Forest". But I'd also add, no way I'd run that narrow front setup un anything less than level ground. Anything downhill and slight angle would have that thing rolling like those early 3 wheeler ATVs when you tried to turn faster than 3mph
    Last edited by ASCTLC; October 21st, 2021 at 03:19 PM.

  24. #76664
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Tractor dude is not a scam ... video taken in Wisconsin ... He has several tractors. I sent it to Aaron and my father has a friend in Parker that had some interest. Something began knocking in the PTO, so it needs some attention and the generator doesn't charge the battery.

  25. #76665
    Well that's good. There seems to be so many of those with tractors

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  26. #76666
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    I did finally break down and go get the tags for the yammerhammer today so it can be street legal.

  27. #76667
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    The stupid early darkness is finally getting me although ive been fighting it so far. 9:36 and im pretty much ready for bed.

  28. #76668
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Happy fridee!

    Its a nipply 54 this morning but is supposed to be 80 and sun shiney.

  29. #76669
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    42 ==> 73

  30. #76670
    Finding it hard to wake up

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  31. #76671
    Oscar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Haines City Florida
    Member #
    3575
    Currently 87 stoopid fall
    Wandering in the wilderness.

  32. #76672
    Hard to believe that tomorrow makes 3 years....

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  33. #76673
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Happy sadurdee. Currently 61 looking for 86 and aunshine. I need to get the lawn mowed today because it looks like we might get some rain next week.

  34. #76674
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester70-2 View Post
    Hard to believe that tomorrow makes 3 years....

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    He was one of the good guys.

  35. #76675
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    He was one of the good guys.
    Definitely was and greatly missed.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  36. #76676
    Where's the sun. I don't get why it had to go hide. Maybe I need to move further south where it foes like to do that as much.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

  37. #76677
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester70-2 View Post
    Hard to believe that tomorrow makes 3 years....

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk


    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    He was one of the good guys.
    Very much ditto

  38. #76678
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    47 ==> 67

  39. #76679
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Last regular season football game for 5th grader today ... Then, last 2 games of current basketball league season .... Game at 7 (expected to win) and then the Championship game at 9 ... should get home around 10:30

  40. #76680
    ASCTLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Black Forest
    Member #
    1416
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester70-2 View Post
    Hard to believe that tomorrow makes 3 years....
    Yep, I think about him all the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •