View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 38.71%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

3 9.68%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

7 22.58%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

8 25.81%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 22.58%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 19.35%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 29.03%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

10 32.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1029 of 1032 FirstFirst ... 29529929979101910271028102910301031 ... LastLast
Results 41,121 to 41,160 of 41269
    Member #
    I'm always reminded of how insignificant my ailments may be when I hear of others' issues....

I'll gladly take my stupid coughing at night, sleep challenges, and avoiding certain foods to avoid gout over something like "my hemorrhoids are slapping the back of my knees"

My buddy / biz partner who just had that brain hemorrhage is having a spinal fusion this month. My father has had a few knee surgeries before having them both replaced, several kidney stone situations, a couple of heart attacks, 2 or 3 stents, is diabetic, has had 2 spinal fusion surgeries (neck), and is awaiting another back surgery... he's displaying the beginning stages of dementia.

Mom has not eaten real food (drinks Ensure) in about 10 years after beating Stage4 throat cancer... she beat breast cancer before that.

My problems are definitely insignificant. Of course, my genes are stacked against me and I probably shouldn't plan on getting too old.

Member #

Member #
    "my hemorrhoids are slapping the back of my knees"

Ha!!!!
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Images
    Had a friend from church that had a cardiac arrest while on a tread mill Thursday. They revived him there and six more times (is my understanding) at the hospital. In the end, he did pass away. The mans wife actually tried to console the surgeon. It was a really bad situation.

I injured my right knee a while back wulf. I dont have insurance and i dont think it will ever be the same again. Some days i almost cant walk
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    I'm always reminded of how insignificant my ailments may be when I hear of others' issues....

I'll gladly take my stupid coughing at night, sleep challenges, and avoiding certain foods to avoid gout over something like "my hemorrhoids are slapping the back of my knees"

My buddy / biz partner who just had that brain hemorrhage is having a spinal fusion this month. My father has had a few knee surgeries before having them both replaced, several kidney stone situations, a couple of heart attacks, 2 or 3 stents, is diabetic, has had 2 spinal fusion surgeries (neck), and is awaiting another back surgery... he's displaying the beginning stages of dementia.

Mom has not eaten real food (drinks Ensure) in about 10 years after beating Stage4 throat cancer... she beat breast cancer before that.

My problems are definitely insignificant. Of course, my genes are stacked against me and I probably shouldn't plan on getting too old.

It can sure get rough. But I (hopefully like you) I try to keep my chin up and head down when I get stuffed into the you know what vat and they turn the fan on.

I just got home six hours ago from eight day hospital stay. after being on the slicing and dicing table twice they told real men can have more than 11 stents in the leg and two more in the heart. So they just ripped out 'bout 18 inches of the left femur in the thigh and stuck in some old plastic tubing I'll probably be back in a year an give them to whole leg plus get another stent in the right leg.

I am not down hearted for me. I am down hearted for my 64 year old son in law gave up his left leg one year ago from all the same things and I am down hearted for my daughter and now my wife who are burdened with the heavy work load.

I am a luck man.. Don.. S..

BTW I smoked aout 37 years and quick in 1988!
    Burleson Tx, Where the Honey's have lotsa Miilk!
    Colorado Mountain Pass Collector for 30 years with 161
    1976 401 Wagoneer 1999 Frontier V6 4x4

Member #
    Images
    Wow don, sorry to hear this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Don S View Post

It can sure get rough. But I (hopefully like you) I try to keep my chin up and head down when I get stuffed into the you know what vat and they turn the fan on.

I just got home six hours ago from eight day hospital stay. after being on the slicing and dicing table twice they told real men can have more than 11 stents in the leg and two more in the heart. So they just ripped out 'bout 18 inches of the left femur in the thigh and stuck in some old plastic tubing I'll probably be back in a year an give them to whole leg plus get another stent in the right leg.

I am not down hearted for me. I am down hearted for my 64 year old son in law gave up his left leg one year ago from all the same things and I am down hearted for my daughter and now my wife who are burdened with the heavy work load.

I am a luck man.. Don.. S..

BTW I smoked aout 37 years and quick in 1988!
    That's pretty amazing Don S! My dad did the same smoking thing for about 30 years and then quit about the same time you did...May God Bless You My Friend!!!

Hope we can give support to your family!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScaldedDog View Post
    Eccentric contractions FTW. I knew when you posted they had you in a boot that it wasn't going to work.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    it's still inflamed or whatever so it's grinding when I do move.
    break, fix, repeat

Member #
    Gearing up for a closing tomorrow on a hoarder situation.... Not counting any chickens yet until people show up to closing and sign on the line....

So looking forward to getting back on a flip since it's been over a year since I sold my last flip... looking for another one as well.

Member #
    both knuckleheads had basketball practice last night and again tonight... Court has games Fri night and Sat morning... Trey is in another week-long tourney for both teams so has 6 games on Sunday

way too much time and $ in kid sports but it' fun

Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    I have 2 town Achillesí tendons. One was. 30% tear the other is an ingoing micro tear. I can do pretty much anything I want except wear certain boots. Look into some good physical therapy once it heals up. I started at 9 degrees in one and 11 in the other. After a few months of do it at home PT I got 16% in both. 18 is normal for a 12 year old gymnast.
    Wow, that is pretty impressive. I wouldn't have expected to hear that was even possible

If it never gets to 100%, hopefully it gets back to a range that allows you to do the things you like to do.

Buzzcuts have advantages. I started getting thin in the back in my late 20's during a particular stressful job situation... change the situation and the hair filled back in.
    that's what I thought at first but unfortunately the front line has retreated haha. such is life. bet i'll look even more formidable without hair

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    It does tend to suck that our bodies sometimes take forever to rebuild themselves but i guess that is better than the alternative. It took months and months for me to get to where i could pull my bow again after a small bisep tear and that was with the bow turned all the way down to 60#. Took longer to get back where i could pull it at the weight i shoot at.

You are young and will get better. Us old fogies dont bounce the way we use to.
    It'll get better to an extent. My orthopedic doc says I will need knee replacements but I'm too young as is so it's hard not to expect the same from my achilles

both knuckleheads had basketball practice last night and again tonight... Court has games Fri night and Sat morning... Trey is in another week-long tourney for both teams so has 6 games on Sunday

way too much time and $ in kid sports but it' fun
    it's a good investment, too

Member #
    'nother school shooting in New Mexico

Member #
    mistake in the schedule... Trey has 4 games Sunday, 1 Tues, 1 Weds... Crap

Member #
    Freakin' brrrr.

Freakin' brrrr.
    yup
    Life can only be lived fully when it's lived outside of fear. Pain hurts, but the fear of pain paralyzes.

Member #
    Freakin' brrrr.
    very much this

Member #
    Images
    Put on more clothes

it's snowing at the apartment and I'm regretting leaving my laptop at the office

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Put on more clothes
    already done did.... Trey was laughing at me when I picked him up from bball practice..."Are you wearing 2 sweatshirts?" Yup

snews were sticking to the streets pretty good in places making for some slick spots

Stopped at the new taproom in my neighborhood post gym

Member #
    Images
    Loons.

Member #
    Images
    Wolf. You can still live the life. Just have to learn how to rehab and how to Tolerate a certain level of pain. Iíve had 7 knee surgeries to include a reconstruction, 2 shoulders, and a few other various little surgeries. I was still able to put up the best PT score in my last unit. Even as the oldest guy of the 216.

Member #
    Images
    Loons

Member #
    Holy crap MGD brought freakin winter to OK with her.

Member #
    Images
    Holy crap MGD brought freakin winter to OK with her.
    Well hopefully she's still hot enough to warn things back up.

Member #
    Images
    Mernin loons

Member #
    Images
    This has been a cold ass week! Bought new carhartt fr insulated work wear yesterday. I don't like being cold anymore.

Member #
    Images
    Its 25 here currently. Fastest warm up so far this week

Member #
    Images
    It's been decent during the day but getting down around 10-15 at night with wind. Makes it rather miserable.

Member #
    mid 50s today, low 60s for the weekend

it's a comfortable temp out compared to the last few days

Member #
    Images
    Lewns..... it is my second favorite F word today!
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    it's a comfortable temp out compared to the last few days
    Yeah, it gave me a window to pour a driveway

Member #
    It looks beautiful here with sunny blue sky but its only 48į so not that nice.

just wasted 3 hours interviewing a guy who should have never made it this far

Member #
    Images
    Can i get paid for an interview like that? Im sure id be the same waste of time!

Member #
    Images
    Im having a real down moment over here. Being sick for all that time sorta stopped my pipe line. Haven't been in.a fix like this for aome time. Its tough bein at the bottom of a dark well

Im having a real down moment over here. Being sick for all that time sorta stopped my pipe line. Haven't been in.a fix like this for aome time. Its tough bein at the bottom of a dark well
    sorry to hear that, hopefully lots of pupper time helps. Also plant based medicine may be worth checking out

Can i get paid for an interview like that? Im sure id be the same waste of time!
    I don't know how to describe this guy. "School shooter" vibes idk.

Couldn't even explain what he does at his current job or why he wanted to work here.