View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1327 of 1332 FirstFirst ... 32782712271277131713251326132713281329 ... LastLast
Results 53,041 to 53,080 of 53272
    Member #
    The fridee is here.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Its supposed to get cold tonight. This displeases me greatly.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Eating the part can be really difficult. Have you been drinking milk? It is an easier way to get some calories and protein.

I am really impressed by your determination and hard work so far!
    Thanks. I drink a lot of milk, sometimes whole, sometimes 2%.

hola loons

happy friday
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    I need to learn to keep my mouth shut. Why do I continue to hand out unsolicited advice? No one wants to hear it. I know it. Yet, I just can't stop myself sometimes.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I need to learn to keep my mouth shut. Why do I continue to hand out unsolicited advice? No one wants to hear it. I know it. Yet, I just can't stop myself sometimes.
    I'd give you some advice on how to stop that, but I already learned to stop doing it so I won't.
    Lunatic #15
    "A government big enough to give you a righteous buzz is also big enough to harsh your mellow." -Zapp
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Started topping out on strength last week, still advancing but damn it's frickin getting difficult to complete 5x5! I suspect I don't eat enough and started tracking what I eat in a day...holy shit! No wonder I'm a little guy!!!!

I'm 177lb with 19.5 body fat. Weight is staying the same for over a month but body fat is dropping nicely. My Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) for my activity level says I need 2750 cal just to maintain where I'm at and 2920 to gain muscle mass. Each day I'm averaging 501 calories short needed to gain and 331 calories short of maintenance BMR. I had to have been down a good 1000 calories before I started forcing food down my gullet.

Am trying to eat enough to up my energy levels for power lifting and it's a chore!! I can't even eat enough in the day to meet BMR, yet alone an additional 170 calories for gaining mass. Here's the thing, I'm absolutely stuffing myself to the point it's uncomfortable, so much so that I'm gonna have to throw in the towel, stop this madness, and find ways to get the calories to accomplish this over time.

I can tell you why this is an issue: we don't eat out (restaurant food is shit food!) and I am limiting the carbs and fat to mostly healthy forms of them, not just simple sugars and saturated animal fats. I could easily meet calories if I ate simple sugared shit and steak and brats, as much as I like a good steak, too much of that kind of eating would probably wreck me.

After just having a filling lunch and with what I know I'm having for dinner tonight I'm down 956 calories, 50g protein, 152g carbs, and 10g fat. I'll find something to eat here in a couple hours (won't be hungry though) to try to get closer but no way I'm succeeding at this (over)eating thing.

But I was able to complete my last set/reps with programmed advancement easier yesterday and am optimistic for tomorrow morning's routine. If tomorrow morning goes as I predict, then the calorie deficit has been my issue all along. We'll see.

Actually, my Basal just to exist if I sat in a chair not moving is in the 1750 range but my activity level caloric need is at 2750 to maintain where I'm at.
    I'm trying to figure out how to not be nauseated after cardio. I've tried both eating and not eating right before I run, but every damn time around mile 4 my stomach starts singing me a song. On the positive side, I feel like dry heaving is a great ab workout.

I can't figure it out. So....I've just been doing 3 miles and then I hit weights.

Exercise makes me sick.
    "Hello again. I see the assassins have failed."

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    You could just embrace the fact that you're an opinionated phuck and everyone is going to eternally hate you for it.

Works for me.

Member #
    Images
    Thanks. I drink a lot of milk, sometimes whole, sometimes 2%.
    Do you do shakes?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    ~Una
    "dn ǝps ʎuɥs ǝɥʇ dǝǝʞ"

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryokeeXJ View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how to not be nauseated after cardio. I've tried both eating and not eating right before I run, but every damn time around mile 4 my stomach starts singing me a song. On the positive side, I feel like dry heaving is a great ab workout.

I can't figure it out. So....I've just been doing 3 miles and then I hit weights.

Exercise makes me sick.
    I dont run unless a bear is chasing me and i am out of bullets. Running sucks. I am against running.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I dont run unless a bear is chasing me and i am out of bullets. Running sucks. I am against running.
    On the day a bear is chasing us and we are out of bullets, I will outrun you.

I support running.

Member #
    Images

Exercise makes me sick.
    Hard core aerobics does that to me. I get really nauseated and scare myself thinking I'm having a coronary event. But I had an artery doppler done after my last physical a2 years ago and the report states I have the cardiovascular system of a 40 yo (I'm was 52 back then) and a resting heart rate in the mid-low 50s... During a mtn biking trip to Fuita early 2016 I wore a heart monitor to check my heart rate when I was really pushing. I set the upper limit alarm at 165 bpm to keep me lower than calculated (theoretical) max heart rate, which was 168 then. I kept hearing a little squeak that I thought was a wheel bearing or chain drying out but when I looked at the HR monitor it was show 175bpm. Never felt nauseated during biking, only during aerobics classes.

I don't think dropping off of a coronary is likely any time soon.

CO bound

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL View Post
    Do you do shakes?
    I do w/i 30 minutes post lifting. 1c Whole milk, 32g Almond butter, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 tsp honey for 500Cal, 37 Protein, 26 carb, 27 fat.

I also use a little protein powder in my oatmeal breakfast. 1/3c rolled oats, 2 tsp walnuts, 8g raisins, 1/2tsp honey, 1/2 scoop protein powder, 1 tsp ground flax seed for 324 Cal, 19 protein, 35 carb, 16 fat.

I'm so stuffed after the post wo shake that a lunch 2 hours later is a chore Then I have to find a way to eat 3 hours later for mid-day, then 3 hours later for dinner, then....

I saw a study once that some people were allowed nothing but vegetables to eat and they were supplied an endless amount of it. They found that they ate nonstop all day and still couldn't eat enough to keep the body going unless they ceased all activity to conserve energy from burning up the food intake. I'm certainly in no risk of becoming a veggie but "good carbs" are very difficult to find outside veggie & grains...at least without buying supplements which I refuse to do outside of additional protein.

Bad carbs/sugars are frickin evil on the body. High Glycemic sugars force a sudden insulin dump which causes the body to shoot protein and carbs to the muscles and liver, but as soon as the muscles and liver have all they can take the excess gets shot straight to the fat cells. Thus my resistance to resorting to shitty carbs, non-whole grain breads & pastas, pretzels, etc. to get the shortage of carbs.

I know, there are worse problems to have in this world...

Member #
    Images
    Hard core aerobics does that to me. I get really nauseated and scare myself thinking I'm having a coronary event. But I had an artery doppler done after my last physical a2 years ago and the report states I have the cardiovascular system of a 40 yo (I'm was 52 back then) and a resting heart rate in the mid-low 50s... During a mtn biking trip to Fuita early 2016 I wore a heart monitor to check my heart rate when I was really pushing. I set the upper limit alarm at 165 bpm to keep me lower than calculated (theoretical) max heart rate, which was 168 then. I kept hearing a little squeak that I thought was a wheel bearing or chain drying out but when I looked at the HR monitor it was show 175bpm. Never felt nauseated during biking, only during aerobics classes.

I don't think dropping off of a coronary is likely any time soon.
    I know mine isn't heart related. I thought it might be and went to the doc. My EKG was perfect. Xrays showed a very happy heart and healthy lungs. At rest I'm typically between 50 and 55 bpm. My blood pressure is routinely 115/73.

I just wanna barf when I run too much.

Member #
    Images
    I do w/i 30 minutes post lifting. 1c Whole milk, 32g Almond butter, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 tsp honey for 500Cal, 37 Protein, 26 carb, 27 fat.

I also use a little protein powder in my oatmeal breakfast. 1/3c rolled oats, 2 tsp walnuts, 8g raisins, 1/2tsp honey, 1/2 scoop protein powder, 1 tsp ground flax seed for 324 Cal, 19 protein, 35 carb, 16 fat.

I'm so stuffed after the post wo shake that a lunch 2 hours later is a chore Then I have to find a way to eat 3 hours later for mid-day, then 3 hours later for dinner, then....

I saw a study once that some people were allowed nothing but vegetables to eat and they were supplied an endless amount of it. They found that they ate nonstop all day and still couldn't eat enough to keep the body going unless they ceased all activity to conserve energy from burning up the food intake. I'm certainly in no risk of becoming a veggie but "good carbs" are very difficult to find outside veggie & grains...at least without buying supplements which I refuse to do outside of additional protein.

Bad carbs/sugars are frickin evil on the body. High Glycemic sugars force a sudden insulin dump which causes the body to shoot protein and carbs to the muscles and liver, but as soon as the muscles and liver have all they can take the excess gets shot straight to the fat cells. Thus my resistance to resorting to shitty carbs, non-whole grain breads & pastas, pretzels, etc. to get the shortage of carbs.

I've pretty much omitted carbs and actually struggle at times meeting my daily goal of 1800 calories. My breakfast of eggs and jalapenos holds me over to the point where I'm not hungry at lunch time, but I eat anyways. Then I have a piece of chicken or beef at lunch with a massive pile of (insert random veggie here). I hit the gym after work and have zero appetite until about 7pm. Then my dinners are typically a protein, veggies, and MAYBE some rice. I don't go hungry and I float right around 1200 calories. I have to supplement my nutrition with whole milk and a handful of almonds here and there. Sometimes a piece of fruit helps.

Member #
    Images
    I just wanna barf when I run too much.
    When something makes me barf, I take it as a hint, and avoid whatever it was that made me barf.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave McDonald View Post
    When something makes me barf, I take it as a hint, and avoid whatever it was that made me barf.
    Yeah, I tried that theory. Didn't pan out.

#ilovebooze

Member #
    On the day a bear is chasing us and we are out of bullets, I will outrun you.

I support running.
    Maybe i should save my last bullet to shoot you in the foot with.

Member #
    Images
    Well, time to go out and get some replacement toothbrush heads before all you fookers get outta work

Member #
    Images
    Maybe i should save my last bullet to shoot you in the foot with.

You're going to want to make that a head shot. You put a slug in my foot and the bear is going to be the least of your worries.

Member #
    Images
    Well, time to go out and get some replacement toothbrush heads before all you fookers get outta work
    Too late. I been outta work since last Friday.

Member #
    You're going to want to make that a head shot. You put a slug in my foot and the bear is going to be the least of your worries.
    Lulz.

Member #
    The interwebby guy is here installing the interwebbys. I have made it to the 20th century.

Unless they make me angry in less than a week and I tell them i don't want it anymore like i did dish network last week.

Member #
    I guess this is good interwebby? I have no idea what any of it means other than it has most of the stars.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Images

I wish eating was a chore I have no problem eating, and I can't really burn off the calories I intake yet due to physical limitations. So it's a frustrating situation.

Member #
    Images
    I wish eating was a chore I have no problem eating, and I can't really burn off the calories I intake yet due to physical limitations. So it's a frustrating situation.
    It's one of those things (eating chore) that sounds like a good problem to have...until you have it. Great food, cooking, and eating is my passion but this taints a good thing. I hear ya on the calorie burn, just got cleared from PT myself not long ago. I think I lost 7lbs muscle, gained 4lbs fat (IIRC), and significant strength that I'm getting close to matching where I left off. Just seems harder than what I remembered when I got stopped at the end of May.

Member #
    Images
    Two girls on the fringe at the same time.

Nostalgia!
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post

Nostalgia!

Member #

Nostalgia!
    I can currently outrun one of the two.....maybe.

Sorry Una.

Member #
    Images

Sorry Una.
    Rollin on the floor

Member #
    Images

Sorry Una.
    I have a cane and REALLY good aim....

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ofrd_grl View Post
    i have a cane and really good aim....

Sent from my sm-n960u using tapatalk
    lol.

Member #
    Images
    I have a cane and REALLY good aim....

Is it.the bear or cc that would feel the wrath of the cane

Member #
    Mernins. Its cold like the weather monkeys said it would be.

Member #
    Almost just wiped out my truck with a buck chasing a doe 2 blocks from my house. Too bad its illegal to hunt in city limits.

Member #
    Is it.the bear or cc that would feel the wrath of the cane
    Both i am guessing.

Member #
    Images
    Saturday work

This!

I wish I had low appetite problems. My biggest problem is that as a child i was taught that you HAD to eat everything on your plate, now you barely have to wash the dishes i use.
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    ..... now you barely have to wash the dishes i use.
    That's cuz donuts don't leave crumbs