View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1242 of 1290 FirstFirst ... 242742114211921232124012411242124312441252 ... LastLast
Results 49,641 to 49,680 of 51577
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    ml
    Look at you wake up at a respectable hour.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Look at you wake up at a respectable hour.
    molly decided for me
    break, fix, repeat

but she's already gone back to sleep lol

Member #
    Images
    Shhhhhhhh others are still sleeping
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    shhhhhhhh others are still sleeping
    boo

Member #
    Images
    Have been let out of my cage (sling)!! Am allowed full range of motion and light weight tasks of everyday life.

We can see the bone gap filling in nicely. 4-6months typical for 100% and I'm on track for 4-5 months based on how things are looking.

I mentioned that now that the overall shoulder numbness is subsiding I have trouble with the inability to sleep through the night due to bad pain in my upper bicep/deltoid area. He looked at me puzzled that I still have pain outside of discomfort at the actual Ti plate under the skin but it's not pain at the collar bone area, it's my shoulder/arm. Basic strength testing showed my rotator cuff is fine but apparently I did a number on my upper bicep/pec! He said we can do MRI now or at next follow up (6 weeks from now). I opted to consider an MRI 6 weeks from now at my next checkup. Not sure if muscle or tendon damage but I'm guessing (doc didn't guess) it's muscle because I can still see a bruise at that spot 7 weeks after I crashed. Not moving my arm at all since then has done me no favors for getting good blood flow to that area for healing. I'm optimistic that it'll improve now that I'm allowed to work it for the good blood flow necessary for healing muscle.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Have been let out of my cage (sling)!! Am allowed full range of motion and light weight tasks of everyday life.

We can see the bone gap filling in nicely. 4-6months typical for 100% and I'm on track for 4-5 months based on how things are looking.

I mentioned that now that the overall shoulder numbness is subsiding I have trouble with the inability to sleep through the night due to bad pain in my upper bicep/deltoid area. He looked at me puzzled that I still have pain outside of discomfort at the actual Ti plate under the skin but it's not pain at the collar bone area, it's my shoulder/arm. Basic strength testing showed my rotator cuff is fine but apparently I did a number on my upper bicep/pec! He said we can do MRI now or at next follow up (6 weeks from now). I opted to consider an MRI 6 weeks from now at my next checkup. Not sure if muscle or tendon damage but I'm guessing (doc didn't guess) it's muscle because I can still see a bruise at that spot 7 weeks after I crashed. Not moving my arm at all since then has done me no favors for getting good blood flow to that area for healing. I'm optimistic that it'll improve now that I'm allowed to work it for the good blood flow necessary for healing muscle.
    This is GREAT news! Congrats!

Hope the remaining soreness and bruising starts to go away soon now that you can start using the muscles again. And happy to hear you didn't hurt a rotator cuff. I destroyed my left one playing HS football and it hasn't been "right" since and is getting worse the older I get.

Member #
    Images
    Welp, if all goes right, we close on both properties on Friday. This past week and weekend were absolute hell dealing with the sellers. They didn't like having to be responsible for the new septic system and tried to push it off on us stating lack of time to get it completed. So after calling their bluff and refusing to deal with it since they were legally liable and we weren't, they decided to get the work scheduled for the last minute, over the weekend before we take possession. But didn't account for having to get the permits signed off in time. This would cause them to lose all the money my lender was going to escrow for the work being completed since it would be after the closing date. They tried to get us to change the wording of the contract once again so they wouldn't lose out on the money, stating that this was the earliest they could get the work scheduled. So my realtor and I called the contractor who would be doing the work and asked if they could do it any time sooner, to which they replied, sure! When would you like us to do it? So we called the sellers back and told them to go pound sand and that they could keep the property and that we were walking away unless the problem was now going to be fixed before closing. This put the sellers in a tough spot as they need to close on this property in order to afford their new one that they are under contract to purchase. And there was no time to go under contract and close with anyone else. So they are now scrambling to get the work completed before we close on Friday. I talked to the contractor again to confirm that this would actually happen, and they stated the work would be started tomorrow and would be done, permits and all, by the time we close on Friday. Worst case, they finish up over the weekend and we close early next week, but keep the possession date the same.

I can not believe the hoops we have had to jump through just to buy a damned piece of property. Also can not believe that the sellers are that self absorbed and entitled that they thought they could just do whatever they wanted, contract or not. The only time they have been "reasonable" is when they were forced to be. Will be interesting to say the least at the closing. I am pretty sure my realtor is praying I keep my mouth shut, as he knows how much I would like to have a face to face conversation with them.

Just going to be happy to have all this behind me soon. Then the fun of moving starts. Someone please remind me why we are doing this again?

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Just going to be happy to have all this behind me soon. Then the fun of moving starts. Someone please remind me why we are doing this again?
    Because your wife deserves to be happy.
    Contact me for all your firearms needs. Guns, ammo, accessories, NFA......

Woot! that's exciting. I'm sure it's a huge relief to have your mobility back! Hopefully the 6 weeks will be enough for the rest to resolve itself

Quote Originally Posted by JeepWheelin02 View Post
    Because your wife deserves to be happy and you don't like your meth neighbors...and you can build a rock garden in your yard!
    tru

Welp, if all goes right, we close on both properties on Friday. This past week and weekend were absolute hell dealing with the sellers. They didn't like having to be responsible for the new septic system and tried to push it off on us stating lack of time to get it completed. So after calling their bluff and refusing to deal with it since they were legally liable and we weren't, they decided to get the work scheduled for the last minute, over the weekend before we take possession. But didn't account for having to get the permits signed off in time. This would cause them to lose all the money my lender was going to escrow for the work being completed since it would be after the closing date. They tried to get us to change the wording of the contract once again so they wouldn't lose out on the money, stating that this was the earliest they could get the work scheduled. So my realtor and I called the contractor who would be doing the work and asked if they could do it any time sooner, to which they replied, sure! When would you like us to do it? So we called the sellers back and told them to go pound sand and that they could keep the property and that we were walking away unless the problem was now going to be fixed before closing. This put the sellers in a tough spot as they need to close on this property in order to afford their new one that they are under contract to purchase. And there was no time to go under contract and close with anyone else. So they are now scrambling to get the work completed before we close on Friday. I talked to the contractor again to confirm that this would actually happen, and they stated the work would be started tomorrow and would be done, permits and all, by the time we close on Friday. Worst case, they finish up over the weekend and we close early next week, but keep the possession date the same.

I can not believe the hoops we have had to jump through just to buy a damned piece of property. Also can not believe that the sellers are that self absorbed and entitled that they thought they could just do whatever they wanted, contract or not. The only time they have been "reasonable" is when they were forced to be. Will be interesting to say the least at the closing. I am pretty sure my realtor is praying I keep my mouth shut, as he knows how much I would like to have a face to face conversation with them.

what a bunch of knob goblins

Member #
    My moms back yard today.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Images
    Happy wife, happy life.
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

Member #
    Images
    believe that the sellers are that self absorbed and entitled that they thought they could just do whatever they wanted, contract or not. The only time they have been "reasonable" is when they were forced to be.
    D. I. C. K.s (told ya ) Hope things continue to fall in your favor so you can get this done and over with...then the fun and living can move on.

You gonna have a get together before Slackin Jake? (all in good fun to Jake)

I'm planning on having one in August or September if you're lucky

Member #
    Images

These people clearly must not understand quite a bit of the process, and their realtor must be 3/4 retarded... Any work that has been done within a certain time frame either needs to be paid out at closing, or show documentation that it has been paid and accepted by the contractor. I regularly get paid checks out at closing for side jobs that end up being sticking points. Some of those are ones that i just provided quotes for previously and suddenly it is a project that is already paid. Clearly since they aren't approaching the stuff this way they just don't get it. but yay for Friday for you guys, so party in like 90 days right? Since Jacob is slacking on the party front
    hookers and blow!

toozday's gone, with a lot of wind
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    Images
    Wind came through a couple hours ago. Thought it was going to push me at one point

Member #
    Not even a breeze here today. People who work outside probably would have welcomed a breeze.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepWheelin02 View Post
    Because your wife deserves to be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by newracer View Post
    Happy wife, happy life.
    Thank you. I do need to remember this. She has been stressed to the point of tears over this past weekend. Will be very nice to have this all behind us so she can start enjoying the benefits of the new property.

Member #
    Images
    D. I. C. K.s (told ya ) Hope things continue to fall in your favor so you can get this done and over with...then the fun and living can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    These people clearly must not understand quite a bit of the process, and their realtor must be 3/4 retarded... Any work that has been done within a certain time frame either needs to be paid out at closing, or show documentation that it has been paid and accepted by the contractor. I regularly get paid checks out at closing for side jobs that end up being sticking points. Some of those are ones that i just provided quotes for previously and suddenly it is a project that is already paid. Clearly since they aren't approaching the stuff this way they just don't get it. but yay for Friday for you guys, so party in like 90 days right? Since Jacob is slacking on the party front
    They know exactly what they are doing. They believe that it is a sellers' market and that they should get everything they want without compromise. The thing that they really didn't like was having 1.5X the estimate being stuck in an escrow for a while. One would assume that a couple grand wouldn't be a big deal for someone who is making about $350K off their current property. But that is why assumptions suck.

And no party is planned. We are moving to the acreage to get away from folks

Member #
    Guess what day it is.

Yup, its hump day.

yup yup

Member #
    Anybody want a service manager job at a Kubota dealership?

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Anybody want a service manager job at a Kubota dealership?
    are you quitting?

I actually just got a callback from a company here at the DTC that might want to interview me after my vacay

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    are you quitting?
    I am not the service manager although i have to play service manager about half the time because our actual service manager is no kind of service manager. I also don't want to be the service manager because i already dont have time to do my actual job at this time of the year.

Member #
    6 posts in a day. Should we just go ahead and shoot it?

Member #
    Images
    Don't shot it!

Member #
    Images
    Wulf needs to get back on game.

Im not sure how to fix the holes left by rex and john

Member #
    Images
    Scotts been slacking for a long time now
    Last edited by vb; July 11th, 2018 at 10:03 PM.

Member #
    Images
    I need some guys to help mix and pour a bunch of concrete. Who wants to help?!!!

tarred

last night was my night of the year when one of the 20 smoke detectors in my house failed every 45 min, ugh

Member #
    Images
    Annual meeting at the lake on Saturday.

Member #
    Images
    Always a good time. I cant hear direction. Makes for a better game of hide and seek

I have 2 rooms with 14' vaulted ceilings, stepped in fresh dogshit getting the ladder out of the back yard trying to dodge the sprinklers at 2:15am

Lots of rain up to the north today, almost got stuck in mudflows taking the backroads in the clown car on the way home fro Steamboat

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Always a good time. I cant hear direction. Makes for a better game of hide and seek
    I always end up just having to reach up and hold my fangers on them one at a time and feel for the vibration of the chirp to figure out which one it is.

Member #
    We had more lil pop up thunderboomer storms roll through yesterday eve which gave me a decent rain.