View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 38.71%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

3 9.68%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

7 22.58%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

8 25.81%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 22.58%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 19.35%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 29.03%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

10 32.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1154 of 1162 FirstFirst ... 15465410541104114411521153115411551156 ... LastLast
Results 46,121 to 46,160 of 46445
    Made it part way through installing one of the rocker guards on the yeep but I don't have anything super conducive to cutting the poly body mounts so it will have to wait til another day because it's too nice not to go for a hike. I imagine cutting the body mount will be easy work with a vice and a Dremel
    Last edited by Wulf; April 15th, 2018 at 12:31 PM.
    break, fix, repeat

Member #
    Images
    Im not sure why you would could the body mounts for rockers or anything else for that matter but, i have always just used a hack saw for pily and rubber
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Im not sure why you would could the body mounts for rockers or anything else for that matter but, i have always just used a hack saw for pily and rubber
    As I understand it you cut the bushing to prevent the added thickness of the rocker from pushing the tub up

It is only 3/16" tho
    Last edited by Wulf; April 15th, 2018 at 02:50 PM.

Member #
    Images
    3/16 body lift doesn't seem bad... All of my rocker guards have always been cut away from the mount area?

Saw a bad accident today, slow down and drive safe luuwnzez
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Saw a bad accident today, slow down and drive safe luuwnzez
    That doesn't sound fun.

Member #
    Images
    Gearing up for another doozy of a week. On top of my normal 80+ hour work week, I have parts arriving so I can finally fix and reassemble my tow rig. Have two new firearms I have been pining after for months finally supposed to arrive at my gun club Monday, but they are closed then, so I must wait till Tuesday. Tuesday morning I am supposed to report for jury duty for God knows how long. Thursday I promised my parents I would make and then bring them dinner. And then somewhere within all that I need to make time for an hour of daily stretching, 3-4 trips to the gym, 1-2 trips to the range, take my pup for an hour long walk each day, water around the property for about an hour and a half each day, mow, and find some time each night to have dinner with my beautiful wife and let her vent about her newish management position.

Adulting can really wear a dude out sometimes. Guess the saying is true, ain't no rest for the wicked.

So what are you all up to this week?

Member #
    Its mundee. Nobody told me it was gonna be mundee when i woke up.

Oh well, happy mundee everyone.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    As I understand it you cut the bushing to prevent the added thickness of the rocker from pushing the tub up
    I called Barnes and they said no cut

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Gearing up for another doozy of a week. On top of my normal 80+ hour work week, I have parts arriving so I can finally fix and reassemble my tow rig. Have two new firearms I have been pining after for months finally supposed to arrive at my gun club Monday, but they are closed then, so I must wait till Tuesday. Tuesday morning I am supposed to report for jury duty for God knows how long. Thursday I promised my parents I would make and then bring them dinner. And then somewhere within all that I need to make time for an hour of daily stretching, 3-4 trips to the gym, 1-2 trips to the range, take my pup for an hour long walk each day, water around the property for about an hour and a half each day, mow, and find some time each night to have dinner with my beautiful wife and let her vent about her newish management position.

Adulting can really wear a dude out sometimes. Guess the saying is true, ain't no rest for the wicked.

I don't know how you do it, my dude

Member #
    Images

Wow...

I haven't done that much in the past three years. Most of what I have is maintenance free... except me!

But I don't have a dog.. Don S..
    Burleson Tx, Where the Honey's have lotsa Miilk!
    Colorado Mountain Pass Collector for 30 years with 161
    1976 401 Wagoneer 1999 Frontier V6 4x4

Member #
    Images
    I called Barnes and they said no cut
    worst case buy a washer for the other body mounts to put you within 1/16 if you cared.... but its a heep
    hookers and blow!

Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    worst case buy a washer for the other body mounts to put you within 1/16 if you cared.... but its a heep
    Ooo good idea, I do have enough washers to put one on the other body mounts

I think the time to begin my job search is long overdue. I don't mind my actual work but this office is too toxic for me.

Member #
    Images
    I think the time to begin my job search is long overdue. I don't mind my actual work but this office is too toxic for me.
    I bet youll make money if you have to sell the house and move. Talked to a lady that moved here from Thornton recently. They sold their home in less than an hour

Member #
    Images
    I wonder if they would give you a new position where you get to crack the whip?

Member #
    Images
    Best of luck with it all!

Member #
    Images
    Gearing up for another doozy of a week. Tuesday morning I am supposed to report for jury duty for God knows how long.
    WooHoo!!! Just called to check to see if I have to report for jury duty tomorrow. The auto recording told me that I was not needed, and thanked me for me service. Thank goodness! I really didn't have time for that nonsense this week.

Having listened to Alice's Restaurant too many times as a youth, my jury duty has never ever happened because I walk in with this riff:

And I went up there, I said, "Shrink, I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I
    Wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and
    Guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill,
    Kill, kill. " And I started jumpin up and down yelling, "kill, kill, " and
    He started jumpin up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down
    Yelling, "KILL, KILL." And the sargent came over, pinned a medal on me,
    Sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy."
    All along the watchtower Princes kept the view
    While all the women came and went Barefoot servants, too
    Outside in the cold distance A wildcat did growl
    Two riders were approaching And the wind began to howl

Member #
    What a beautiful day here and it looked like there as well. Hopefully we are done with mother natures nonsense of bringing winterish stuff back time after time.

:fangerz: I'll go crazy if I'm stuck on light duty too much longer!

Doc says 5 more months.
    Life can only be lived fully when it's lived outside of fear. Pain hurts, but the fear of pain paralyzes.

Member #
    Happy toozdee people.

ml

Member #
    crazy windy today

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    crazy windy today
    yup.... it blows

Wulf, whatever you do don't take the offer to be a manager, whatever people tell you being in charge isn't fun lol. I feel like only field issues with clients really at this point, not that there is many, but at times it does wear on me a bit.

windier than a mofo

Member #
    Images
    I turned down promotions to manager many times in my career since 2000. Never regretted it one f'n bit!! As if one's job couldn't be thankless enough, try being the blame, both up chain and down chain, at the same time sometimes. I couldn't do it because I'd keep firing people...and the dept goals can't get done without people or always having FNGs to do it with.

I may have made less money than what could have been possible but I found it easier to live financially mature and forego the stress of managing people. While I still wanted to influence the direction of the dept, I found I did not have to be a mgr, I did it from the technical side by becoming the SME in various aspects (usually the toughest, technical, least liked stuff that others wouldn't take the time to master), volunteered to clean up messes (got my way in how we operated), taught others (got to show I actually knew what I was talking about), and created new six sigma processes to reduce defects (because I demonstrated I knew the material, taught the material, and knew how to clean up a mess efficiently). So over the years I got set safely to the side, directing others how to do the job correctly, and watched people come and go through layoffs.

Now, take someone like Bud and it's a perfect match for a person who has that kind of personal skill, knowledge, and patience. These people are pretty f'n rare in my opinion and experience. No one deserves a boss like me, but everyone deserves a boss like Bud

It could work for you if you be that person. And nothing says you can't give it a go and bail on it later if it doesn't fit. I worked with many great fellow engineers who tried mgt and came right back to technical. I recall all that came back expressed exactly what I thought would be the negative side of that position.

Member #
    Images
    Bad fire down here somewhere. All flights out of Colo Springs airport grounded.

Member #
    Images
    This wind sucks! It's that time of year though. High profile vehicles are restricted on I25 down to the state line due to severe winds.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Bad fire down here somewhere. All flights out of Colo Springs airport grounded.
    Western OK is on fire also.

I wonder if they would give you a new position where you get to crack the whip?
    probably not, "flat structure" and all that

I bet youll make money if you have to sell the house and move. Talked to a lady that moved here from Thornton recently. They sold their home in less than an hour
    the average home price in my area is up about 40k from where I bought from. That said, I don't really want to move unless it gets me closer to the mountains

Member #
    Images
    40k in that short period of time?!!!!

housing here is going nuts.

Member #
    Images
    we bought ours 2 years ago, sunday someone listed same floorplan as our house for 200k more than we bought for with run of the mill upgrades.... to say that it is crazy is an understatement

Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    we bought ours 2 years ago, sunday someone listed same floorplan as our house for 200k more than we bought for with run of the mill upgrades.... to say that it is crazy is an understatement
    yeah, and I got lucky with this house. When I'm doing doing modest updates I'm sure I will have a great return

probably going to replace my nasty carpet with laminated vinyl or ceramic that imitates wood

probably going to replace my nasty carpet with laminated vinyl or ceramic that imitates wood
    Nah, just get it stretched and cleaned.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Nah, just get it stretched and cleaned.

That is what i think he should do as well. Its the only logical choice.