Member #
    Images

Silvas leg is BROKE

Nastiest broken leg I have ever seen!! UFC fight tonight if anyone was wondering.
    locked and longarmed on 37's and beadlocks

Member #
    Images
    Looked like Corey Hill's break. Should not have skipped that leg day
    If you don't like my words, don't listen. If you don't like my appearance, don't look. If you don't like my actions, turn your head.

Member #
    Images
    N
    Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do. Benjamin Franklin

Member #
    Images
    http://minus.com/lbkS6ZowT8XJJC
    WARNING
    GORE!!!!!!! Link is gif to the broken leg

It was just nasty.
    CJ/buggy,FI406,465,205,D60,14boltFF on beadlocked 39.50 swampers.See build.
    http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=134201
    '70Jeepster, 225,T-14,D20,10bolt,12bolt on 34/9.50/15 Swampers
    www.tubebuggies.com

Um no..
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Bilbo Baggins
    September 22nd, 1401 SR

Member #
    Yeah, pretty gruesome. Admittedly, I was glad to see Silva lose the rematch. He is a jackass.

However, never wanna see anyone go out like that.

Member #
    Images
    AKA Joe Thiesman - looks like his career is over
    Jeff

Member #
    Images
    Sad to see the best mma fighter of this era go out that way. That is a career ending injury.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

Member #
    I saw that. How awful.

Member #
    Definitely one of the best MMA fighters, but a classless POS.

I've never seen anyone be a disrespectful hot dog like he was in their first bout. I loved seeing him get KTFO.

Weidman dominated the first round; only wished he had the chance to knock Silva out again before Silva broke his leg.

Like I said, hate to see anyone go out like that. But if he's done, good riddance.

Member #
    Images
    Weidman was winning for sure and I think he would have finished him anyways, but he will not get the credit he deserves. I was hoping weidman would win by beating silva down.

Member #
    Just nasty, but that's the game they're playing. In a post-fight interview, Weidman said he'd been training to defend himself from kicks like that and actually broke a guy's leg in training too.

Here's a link to the video for those who haven't seen it (if it doesn't get pulled to quick)

Member #
    Images
    Zuffa, LLC, owner of the Ultimate Fighting Championship®, released the following statement regarding Anderson Silva's injury.

"Following Saturday evening's UFC 168 main event, former champion Anderson Silva was taken to a local Las Vegas hospital where he underwent surgery to repair a broken left leg. The successful surgery, performed by Dr. Steven Sanders, the UFC's orthopedic surgeon, inserted an intramedullary rod into Anderson's left tibia. The broken fibula was stabilized and does not require a separate surgery. Anderson will remain in the hospital for a short while, but no additional surgery is scheduled at this time. Recovery time for such injuries may vary between three and six months.

"Anderson is deeply touched by the outpouring of support from his fans and the entire MMA community. There has been no immediate decision about his future, and he would kindly ask for privacy at this time as he deals with his injury and prepares to return home to recover."

Quote Originally Posted by Sound_Man View Post
    Sad to see the best mma fighter of this era go out that way. That is a career ending injury.
    I agree. Actually, this a point (given his age) where I would seriously consider using "steroids" to help heal. I broke my arm (wrestling practice) in HS. It was bent 90 degrees. I was 17 and worked out a lot, I healed. It healed enough to fight (the plates are still in there). AS is getting older...This kind of injury, at this point, is probably career ending without special "help."

I'm never happy to see something like this happen. Anyone who steps into that ring deserves respect. AS earned respect over years of craft. We're not here to end careers and permanently injure people (even though it happens more often than people think).
    "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson -

Member #
    Images
    Same break and surgery I had following my motorcycle accident. Still sore, and range of motion is reduced. 1/3 of my shin is still numb.
    My Iphone is smarter than your honor student.....

I SUCK AT EGGS

Weidman was beating him down bad in the 1st. Had full control of the fight. I don't think he is getting the respect he deserves. He was hammering Silva, one of the best ever. Too bad for silva but this is the way these guys choose to make a living.