Is anyone else afraid to comment on FB? I get anxiety from it...

I do comment...But every time I get worried yet at the same time I feel almost compelled...
    "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson -

Sometimes I just feel it would be better to close off my account..... Lol
    Stock Second Gen Nissan X

Member #
    I just use it to keep in touch with friends and family. The BS I hide and or ignore.
    Wandering in the wilderness.

You should feel no different about posting to FB than you do here.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

Member #
    Images
    You might need to smoke a little less if you are paranoid about posting on fb
    hookers and blow!

Quote Originally Posted by Sound_Man View Post
    You should feel no different about posting to FB than you do here.
    Not really, I don't have clients on here but I do on FB. I work with advertising people who are wickedly critical of everything someone says.

They don't come here and what I write isn't instantly seen by hundreds of people that I might work with. I actually feel way more comfortable here. I say some stupid sh!t here.

Member #
    Images
    Whats face book?
    Lunatic #15
    "A government big enough to give you a righteous buzz is also big enough to harsh your mellow." -Zapp
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post
    Not really, I don't have clients on here but I do on FB. I work with advertising people who are wickedly critical of everything someone says.

They don't come here and what I write isn't instantly seen by hundreds of people that I might work with. I actually feel way more comfortable here. I say some stupid sh!t here.
    You didn't state anything like that. I ass-u-me(d) you were concerned about the NSA continuing their ongoing profile of you.

Quote Originally Posted by zoriloco View Post
    Sometimes I just feel it would be better to close off my account..... Lol
    I did. It probably saved a few friendships too.
    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Sound_Man View Post
    You didn't state anything like that. I ass-u-me(d) you were concerned about the NSA continuing their ongoing profile of you.
    Mutha-f@ck...How many "buzz words" and subversive thinking have I shared here...Lots. Thanks for reminding me.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave McDonald View Post
    Whats face book?
    You just gave yourself away... nobody has said anything but FB in this thread except you.
    - Mikey

Member #
    Images
    I never comment on FB as I could care less what the dorks I went to high school think or know about me. I have a FB but it generally is blank and I log in to clean it out maybe 1 or 2 times a year. I would delete it, but there is enough apps and things that sign in through FB to justify keeping it.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed Mikey View Post
    You just gave yourself away... nobody has said anything but FB in this thread except you.
    I did that thing on it.... Giggle? Guggle? anyways, it's on top of the list when you search FB. I just assumed that's what the cool kids were talking about today.

With this in mind, I would suggest that you aren't being paranoid, you are being wise.

If you are connected to people that choose to be that critical, and you work with them, I would suggest not putting yourself in a situation to harm your business/associations.

Paranoia might be taking it a bit far, but I think self restraint is good.
    Cages: '08 Dodge 6.7CTD, '08 Nissan Xterra Offroad
    Bikes: '05 GSXR 1000, '98 WR400

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant H. View Post
    With this in mind, I would suggest that you aren't being paranoid, you are being wise.

If you are connected to people that choose to be that critical, and you work with them, I would suggest not putting yourself in a situation to harm your business/associations.

Paranoia might be taking it a bit far, but I think self restraint is good.

I would agree. My FB is not linked to clients or my employers, I simply don't use it. My LinkedIn account remains fairly sanitized as it is the connection you are using FB for.

Start another FB account to connect your social friends that you can be more loose around, then keep an unconnected business FB page that stays sober for your client contacts.

Member #
    the email keeps getting returned to me
    '89 Rover on 35's
    '97 Disco on 35's

I do comment...But every time I get worried yet at the same time I feel almost compelled...
    I LOVE commenting on other people's political posts. Used to post political stuff on my own page, but stopped after I realized that's all that was on my page. Now I just post personal stuff I want to share (for the most part).

I know what you mean about the business/personal clash, that's why I keep separate profiles for each. The personal one is locked down tight so customers, etc. can't see much.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Clod Hopper View Post
    I never comment on FB as I could care less what the dorks I went to high school think or know about me. I have a FB but it generally is blank and I log in to clean it out maybe 1 or 2 times a year. I would delete it, but there is enough apps and things that sign in through FB to justify keeping it.
    That's me exactly. I have an account but only because of apps. I don't even know or care to know how to work face book.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Images
    I say some stupid sh!t here.
    This needs quoted. Just because.

Member #
    I did that thing on it.... Giggle? Guggle?:
    Gargle?

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    That's me exactly. I have an account but only because I thought it would impress the lil gurlz. But now they've moved on to Tweeter and Instamatic. I don't even know or care to know how to work face book.
    Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do. Benjamin Franklin
    klaatu barada nikto

Quid Futuis

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Clod Hopper View Post
    I would agree. My FB is not linked to clients or my employers, I simply don't use it. My LinkedIn account remains fairly sanitized as it is the connection you are using FB for.

Start another FB account to connect your social friends that you can be more loose around, then keep an unconnected business FB page that stays sober for your client contacts.
    This ^

- Facebook is people I actually know and can interact with as me. And somewhat locked down even for some that I am "friends" with - you know you can filter whomsees what, right? Linkedin is for work and those I would get references from or give to in the business area. There are a very select few that I'm "linked" to on both, but that circle is very very small.
    -Ben
    74 Bronco garage queen - currently a zero emission vehicle
    my commuter vehicle spews "global warming" gas CO2 & CH4 - dang bicycles :D

Whats face book?
    THIS!

Never had an account on FB, Linkedin or myspace and I keep in touch with friends and family just fine, I only like involvong in small groups like here and some scary back weapon site and that's about it!

Member #
    Images
    Whats face book?
    something so integral to some people's lives that they see the letters "FB" and assume they refer to "Face Book".
    tummy-tucked 2005 LJ rubi softtop on 1"BL/MML(for TT),3.5" SA, 35x12.5-15.
    Loon 42
    I say some stupid sh!t here.

Member #
    Images
    I've seen facebook ruin alot of lives of people that couldn't put together that everything they said was visible and permanent.

I'll be happy when that ugly thing finally fades into obscurity.

Bugs the heck out of me though when I get a new piece of technology and it won't let me uninstall FB
    '85 RamCharger-
    4.56's, 37's, Spooled 14 bolt, 8 lug convert, mean 360
    '7X dodge something... got the engine and axles
    need the car...

Member #
    Images
    Too much reality TV drives the morons into trying to participate anyway they can.

NO ONE CARES WHAT HAPPENS DAILY IN YOUR LITTLE LIFE!

Whew. Feel better now.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by colombiapunk View Post
    I'll be happy when that ugly thing finally fades into obscurity.
    Dunno if that will happen. I thought that early-on and I've never created an account. I get told at least once a week that I need to be on Face Book. Either I haven't just to piss off my family, or I'm just too lazy...not sure which.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Dunno if that will happen. I thought that early-on and I've never created an account. I get told at least once a week that I need to be on Face Book. Either I haven't just to piss off my family, or I'm just too lazy...not sure which.
    Yer old. That's why.

oldster.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    I stayed off for years, kind of like the way I refuse to watch the movie "Titanic" (the drumbeat of "you've got to watch this" made me determined to never see it). Then I found out a fraternity brother who is a senior executive at IBM was trying to find me on FB. So I reconsidered. I've done the minimal setup, pointedly reject all the "invitations" to participate in drivel, mention something nice once in a while. BTW: When Eric finally quits bringing the site back up, look over there to find out where everybody went.

Member #
    Images
    is there a 4x4 FB site?
    not that it matters really. i had (have) an account, but havent touched it since may. too much drama for no reason (anyone who doesnt like what i have to say is the ghey! kinda crap) or proud for no reason (hey my son billy stopped eating buggers today! yay! and grandma poops solid again!) or just stupid.
    anymore tho, it seems i have to opt in to like something on FB to get access to it, or get a discount or deal. im thinking of liking anything and everything just to spam all the people on facebook with crap like pro muslim, pro christian, pro abortion, pro clubbing of baby seals stuff
    06 rubicon unlimited, Rokmen all around

Carl Sagan: "If it can be destroyed by the truth, then it deserves to be destroyed by the truth"

Member #
    Images
    Someone needs to invent the FB liking app that you fire up and it heads out over the net like a drone, liking every controversial thing out there, thousands per second. Can you imagine how plugged up FB would be sending notifications out to all the boneheads that are friended? It would be like heaven!

Member #
    Images
    Heaven! do a kickstarter project, I will pay for that app!