Member #
    Images

Envirotest drive-by pass/fail/did not test?

This will be my first year getting my jeep tested. I got "test required". It was exempt for it's first five years, and then I was commuting back and forth into and through Denver frequently. However, for just about the past year, I have been able to mostly avoid having to drive it much, and I am thinking maybe I just didn't pass the testers enough. Is there any way to get them to tell me whether I failed one of the drive-bys or I just didn't have enough tests. That would save me paying for a test Just to find out I need to get it worked on, and then then testing again.
    I am guessing they keep that information to themselves to generate more test income. Anybody got experience for a way to find out the nature of the results?
    tummy-tucked 2005 LJ rubi softtop on 1"BL/MML(for TT),3.5" SA, 35x12.5-15.
    Loon 42
    [QUOTE=Gags;2216435]I say some stupid sh!t here.[/QUOTE]

Member #
    Images
    Just went through this on Wed. Went to get wife's FJ plates renewed, and as I sat down, realized I forgot emissions. Oh crap.

Lady said, "you drove through twice, and you're good to go".

Whew. Not sure if you can view your results, but if you go to the license place at Hwy 66 and I-25, as long as you get there at 7:40AM, you'll be first at the counter and out of there by 8:10. Otherwise, that place is 1 hour, minimum. Hit the envirotest site, drive past a few, and I'm sure you'll pass. Steady throttle position, not vacuum or under load- just cruise through at steady rpm.

Member #
    You get one free re-test, so just test it. It will probably pass. Air up the tires rock hard so it rolls easier on the dyno.

When I had my CJ-7, I passed the rapidscreen vans at least a couple of times a month on my commute. I never did receive a "you passed" note on my registration renewal, however it always passed under the "Fast Pass" criteria on the dyno. I'm not sure whether it was the height of the exhaust tip with relation to the roadside scanner or what. My stock-height WJ got a RapidScreen "Pass" for 4 years though.

I would imagine your LJ would be fine for the dyno test as long as you maintain it, which I would imagine you do. Get it up to operating temp before the test and all that jazz.
    2006 WK 5.7 Hemi

Member #
    Images
    Q.
    How Do I Know If I've Passed?
    A.

If your vehicle has passed RapidScreen’s emissions qualifications, you’ll receive a notification in the mail on your registration renewal card. You can accept your car’s clean bill of health and save yourself a trip to an emissions testing facility by simply paying the emissions fee along with your registration renewal fee. Read More >

http://aircarecolorado.com/index.php/rapidscreen/faq/

Read also;

Q.
    How Often Should I Drive By?
    A.

Since it takes two clean readings to meet RapidScreen qualifications, and because adverse weather and road conditions may cause any given test to result in an invalid reading, it’s a good idea to drive by the RapidScreen testing vans several times within your ten-month window. However, only one reading per test site, per day will be accepted.

and

Testing truck locations http://aircarecolorado.com/index.php...uck-locations/
    My Iphone is smarter than your honor student.....

I SUCK AT EGGS

don't they add the cost of the E test to your registration if you do end up passing the drive by test anyway? I'm sure it might be easier but... I have never had any luck on those with my old TJ (might have been the height/lift).
    www.TwistedDV.com ***The leader in rock crawling entertainment***
    www.rockzombieoutlaws.com
    4 seater 4runner buggy, 39" Red label Krawlers, Howe full hydro, 60's, 16" 2.5 King coilovers f/r,4.7s, PRP seats

Member #
    Images
    Passed well.

Yes, your rapid screen fee is in your renewal if you passed.

I found out if you feather the throttle past the driveby, it's an invalid test.

And I just got my registration renewal for my 2006 WK with the Hemi...and it passed with the driveby. Saves me the time of going to the station!

Member #
    I like the little drive by test at envirotest while your in line... I imagine they use the results from the parking lot drive by compared to your dyno results to calibrate the drive-bys out in the field. I always stand on the brake and floor it through the parking lot sniffer. Should throw the calibration off.

Member #
    Images
    Before I sold my XJ on 35's, I would hunt down the roadside test sites to avoid having to do the tire swap circus for the testing facility. The roadside schedule of locations is listed online and on a day I had some errands to run, I would look up the locations and set my route to pass through it. Saved some time and certainly saved headache.

Doesn't work for diesels. So now I sit at the back of the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    I like the little drive by test at envirotest while your in line... I imagine they use the results from the parking lot drive by compared to your dyno results to calibrate the drive-bys out in the field. I always stand on the brake and floor it through the parking lot sniffer. Should throw the calibration off.
    I like to sit in the parking lot and yank the choke all the way out
    When the ZOMBIES come, You'll find me at Walmart surounded by spent shell casings and empty bottles of burbon,

Quote Originally Posted by thomjpster View Post
    I like to sit in the parking lot and yank the choke all the way out
    Sounds like you're just begging for a spot on the Sex Offender registry...