Member #
    Images

Denver Gives (Charity) Raffle to drive a Porsche GT3

WIN YOUR CHANCE TO DRIVE THIS for just $10!!

You can win a chance to drive the Denver Gives Ridiculous Poker Run Porsche GT3 Pace Car in the 60 mile Poker Run on May 25th, thanks to Exotic Drives of Denver! Drawing is May 20th so get your tickets NOW! Tickets must be purchased in person. We will be at the Hooters on Saturday, May 18th, off 6th and Kipling from 3pm to 7pm at the Man Cave's Car Show! Come and get your tickets AND see some amazing cars! Other locations are available, contact Kevin White at 303.991.1231 ext 1 to get your tickets TODAY!

100% of your entry is tax-deductible!

Ridiculous Poker Run info:

The Ridiculous Poker Run is a car event like no other! Based on a "poker run" event, going from Point A to Point B with various stops along the way to pick up a random poker card, and once point B is reached, the cards you have are your poker hand and best hand wins, the Ridiculous Poker Run is unique in that you have to actually do something RIDICULOUS at each location before you pick up your playing card! Starting in Glendale at 9am, cars will run to Dave & Busters, Lone Tree, Heritage Square, Jump Street, and end at Lakeside Amusement Park! Entry is for 2 people and one vehicle and is all-inclusive for the day! Find out more below! Or REGISTER NOW!

Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
    Life is good! לחיים

MilitaryJeepers.com

Member #
    Images
    Better drive it now, manual enthusiasts! The 2014 GT3 has no manual tranny option.

I can hear the "purists" crying as I type!

Member #
    Images
    Yup. The Turbo and the GT3 are both PDK. The previous generation just went up in value because of that.

Based on the headlights, that appears to be a 996 GT3. Ought to be good for a lot of free-revving fun! I might sign up for that, although with Rock Junction being the week after, I'm not sure I can get a hall-pass from the warden...especially if I have to buy the tickets at Hooters. Da' wife is not a fan of Hooters. Ironic, since she has an epic set of them.

TMI?
    Jon, AKA The Man With The Plan, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Illegitimi non Carborundum = "Don't let the bastards get you down" Micris Fidelis="Faithful to small things" And it's an anagram...I'll let you figure it out

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    Better drive it now, manual enthusiasts! The 2014 GT3 has no manual tranny option.

Were the tears hitting my keyboard that loud?!?
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Plan View Post
    Da' wife is not a fan of Hooters. Ironic, since she has an epic set of them.

TMI?
    I concur.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cheftyler View Post
    Were the tears hitting my keyboard that loud?!?
    Definitely.

So glad I embraced paddles early on. Fun to watch the old geezers sob over the loss of their beloved 3rd pedal.

Member #
    Images
    There's a reason why men were made with 3 feet, I'll take a pedal over a paddle any day.
    '85 RamCharger-
    4.56's, 37's, Spooled 14 bolt, 8 lug convert, mean 360
    '7X dodge something... got the engine and axles
    need the car...

Member #
    Images
    Paddle is faster, but I've heard some horror stories of the early PDK's being an absolute nightmare to service. Case-in-point, if you are ever in the market for an old M3, NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER even THINK about getting their SMG transmission.

Member #
    Images
    Definitely.

So glad I embraced paddles early on. Fun to watch the old geezers sob over the loss of their beloved 3rd pedal.
    I'm younger than you just like the control of a manual clutch, though I might end up with a paddle shifter car in the near future

And Im much younger than Scotty. The paddles may be faster, but the pedal is more fun....
    94 YJ 0cyl BDS 3.5", 5/8 Booms, SYE
    Waggy 44s, 1" BL, ARBs, 35" MTRs

Pedal is for pure drivers....
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Bilbo Baggins
    September 22nd, 1401 SR

Member #
    Images
    You guys are probably hoarding incandescent lightbulbs, too.

Geezers.

Member #
    Images

that's just wrong!

paddles are way better than just plain auto, but there are just somethings I like to slip a clutch for. granted, its usually due to making up for lack of horsepower which wouldn't apply to the GT3, but my inherited x5 will probably be the closest I ever get to that...

I'm a tech junky in most area's but my cars aren't one of them.

I'm rapidly finding out that finding a fun almost new sports sedan with manual shift, direct linkage steering, direct throttle, and capability of ABS and traction control delete is a rarity. When you get into the more expensive cars, the electric steering and throttle get a lot better, but still not there - in the more budget cars, it sucks.
    Last edited by bsaunder; May 15th, 2013 at 01:21 PM.
    -Ben
    74 Bronco garage queen - currently a zero emission vehicle
    my commuter vehicle spews "global warming" gas CO2 & CH4 - dang bicycles

Member #
    Images
    May I introduce you to the 996 turbo? Price of entry isn't too painful these days, and if you don't fawk them up, they retain value well. I can turn the traction control off, although it will still cut in, but I have yet to feel it. There is also a simple way to override it completely. Only recommended for non-DOT track tires.

Member #
    Images
    Meh, I have a friend with a GT2 that lets me drive it anytime.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaunder View Post

I'm rapidly finding out that finding a fun almost new sports sedan with manual shift, direct linkage steering, direct throttle, and capability of ABS and traction control delete is a rarity.
    Other than electronic throttle (drive by wire), you're describing a Corvette, even the C7. If you're all about the "viceral" experience (what german car snobs call "unrefined"), a Viper might interest you as well. It's even more viceral than the plastic car, lulz.

ibcoleloseshismind

Member #
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Images
    Other than electronic throttle (drive by wire), you're describing a Corvette, even the C7. If you're all about the "viceral" experience (what german car snobs call "unrefined"), a Viper might interest you as well. It's even more viceral than the plastic car, lulz.

ibcoleloseshismind
    you missed the sedan part - for quite a few years I need 4 seats and would prefer 4 doors.

...and I really dislike vipers. Those dang things do not have a good feel for turning at all (at least the two that I've driven)

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaunder View Post
    you missed the sedan part - for quite a few years I need 4 seats and would prefer 4 doors.

...and I really dislike vipers. Those dang things do not have a good feel for turning at all (at least the two that I've driven)
    oops, sedan isn't in my vocabulary.

As much as I try to like Vipers, I just can't. V-10 sounds like a frickin' UPS truck. Barf. They really are a kit car.

i just dont like having 2 hands on the wheel at all times, what if i want to shift thru a turn?? hopefully my hands are in the right spot...

i have no problem with the sport mode shifters, just let me do it from the lever...
    i used to be mbx400... but i was done with that name

Vipers don't handle worth a shart... You'll die if you try to drive it hard in a corner.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Plan View Post
    Case-in-point, if you are ever in the market for an old M3, NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER even THINK about getting their SMG transmission.
    Noted-thank you.
    Captain Mayhem-
    *** WTB---used 17" 8x6.5 beadlocks. ***
    Please pm me
    RIP 97XJ