Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member #
    Images
    Updated the vbulletin software tonight. Let me know if any of the previously mentioned problems have been fixed, otherwise I'll assume they're still open issues.

I think I found a fix for the thread title punctuation error described in this thread. Let me know if punctuation in the thread title still results in an error when you click on the link. I tried it in testing and seemed to work ok, but I'm not sure I remember which characters were causing the problem.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomD AKA Zach View Post
    When using safari on the most recent everything (lion, safari 5.1.4) I get a "token invalid" warning when I try to "go advanced" and edit my post. However if I use chrome it works without issue.
    If a different browser works it could mean a browser cache issue. Clear your cache and let me know if that helps.

Member #
    When I get on the home page says I don't have privileges to access. And when I close the tab thing on the left it doesn't stay closed.
    Wandering in the wilderness.

Member #
    Images
    Same here

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    When I get on the home page says I don't have privileges to access. And when I close the tab thing on the left it doesn't stay closed.
    I'm not sure why you're getting the privileges error, the home page should still be skipping the portal (I still have it disabled) and auto-redirecting to the main forum page like is has been since the switch to vb4.

Sidebar thing it turns out is a bug in that particular addon. I was trying to use an addon that would show the sidebar on all pages and not just the forum summary page, but the issue you described is a known bug (well, known to the author but not known to me when I installed it). I've disabled the addon until they fix it. I found an alternative that I might try instead.

Edit: Installed the alternative sidebar mod. Seems to be working?
    Last edited by Eric; April 1st, 2012 at 09:09 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I'm not sure why you're getting the privileges error, the home page should still be skipping the portal (I still have it disabled) and auto-redirecting to the main forum page like is has been since the switch to vb4.
    colo4x4 was http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/? in my favorites and after the update it does the privilege error, now the new main page is http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/forum.php and it does not redirect from the vbb/?
    04 LWB LJ 4.0L 42RLE 2.5" OME lift 1" body lift 35" KO2s
    91 SWB MJ 4.0L AX-15 4:1NP-231 D30 D44a 6" tomken 32" KM2s

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott91MJ View Post
    colo4x4 was http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/? in my favorites and after the update it does the privilege error, now the new main page is http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/forum.php and it does not redirect from the vbb/?
    Ahh, I think I know how to fix that. Gimme a few minutes, working on something else at the moment.

Any issues with the sidebar mod so far?

Member #
    Side bar seems to be better

I got a
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home/eruhl/public_html/vbb/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 215
    a couple times whenever I clicked on "last page" in a thread but it seems to have sorted itself out
    break, fix, repeat

Member #
    Images
    should be fixed now?

Member #
    Images
    Navigation menu added to the sidebar.

Member #
    Ahh, I think I know how to fix that. Gimme a few minutes, working on something else at the moment.

Any issues with the sidebar mod so far?
    should be fixed now?
    no, I really don't use it...

yes

thank you

On my phone, the website used to show up on my screen just like on my laptop. As of last night, now on my phone, it's a plain white background with just basic blue and black lettering. In fact, the format is even goofy.

On the computer, it shows up fine still.

I looked up a couple other v-bulletin sites I am on, and they came through like normal. So I dont think its my phone. Did something change for phone viewing?

Thanks
    My name is Daniel. I pretty much do what I want.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AMXROCKRIG View Post
    On my phone, the website used to show up on my screen just like on my laptop. As of last night, now on my phone, it's a plain white background with just basic blue and black lettering. In fact, the format is even goofy.

On the computer, it shows up fine still.

I looked up a couple other v-bulletin sites I am on, and they came through like normal. So I dont think its my phone. Did something change for phone viewing?

Thanks
    try changing the "style chooser" at the very bottom of the page on the forum, i think this has been discussed in this thread previously.

last post of page 1 and first 3 or so posts of page 2 of this thread. i would refresh/delete cache of the phone first, if that does not work then there is a chance that there could be another bug. (lawyer speak for: i don't know WTF im saying)
    Last edited by Scott91MJ; April 2nd, 2012 at 08:14 AM.

On the page loaded on my phone, there is no style chooser option, and when I do click on random links, such as "settings" I get a "We are sorry, this content is not supported via the mobile style" message. Not all the links pop this up but a few do.

Also did clear cache, logged out, cleared settings, tried to just google and reopen the page with the cookies cleared and still comes up this way.

Ugh!! Co4x4 on my phone is like an addiction LOL! Help me.

Member #
    Images
    Use this link to get out of the mobile style:

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/?styleid=8

It shouldn't be using that style on smartphones so I'll have to look at it tonight and see what changed in the new version. The mobile style has a link at the bottom to view the full site, but that link is wrong so I'll fix that too.

I get the same error as in post #10 (for some reason I cannot quote the error message in the balloon) when I click on the "View full site" on my phone.

That worked Eric!! Thank you.

Member #
    whoo hoo ad banners are up! although it might need a couple of more pixels in height for the "remember me" check box and text with the ad banners.

Member #
    Images
    I removed the mobile style so all mobile browsers should be seeing the full site.

whoo hoo ad banners are up! although it might need a couple of more pixels in height for the "remember me" check box and text with the ad banners.
    I moved the "remember me" check box.

Member #
    I removed the mobile style so all mobile browsers should be seeing the full site.

I moved the "remember me" check box.
    noooooooooooo, change is bad!

had to log out and log back in to see it, I like where you got it now, right next to the log in button

Member #
    Images
    Ispell, spellcheck on advanced reply page still inoperable. Sent my yearly $20. Thanks for all your work on this site!
    “The simple minded know many things that the wise ignore”

Member #
    search function is working, but slower than usual the past week or so...

Search took 23.29 seconds.

Member #
    Images
    Is the new server located in Cali? Time seems to be off by an hour...Posting from Central time and it tells me that it's posted at 3:13pm.
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

Member #
    Images
    It's been long enough since Tyler's post that this will probably show up at the bottom as it should, but in the fringe, my posts are all getting backdated and inserted at 0414 today instead of now.
    tummy-tucked 2005 LJ rubi softtop on 1"BL/MML(for TT),3.5" SA, 35x12.5-15.
    Loon 42
    Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post
    I say some stupid sh!t here.

Member #
    Images
    Yep. That one went at 0419. It's 1251.

Yeah the time and date are wrong on the server right now for some reason. All my posts are showing up ahead of posts I'm replying to so they make no sense lol.

It's 1:19pm now and the site shows that its 4:47am April 1st 2005.
    --Dave
    1999 Rodeo LS 3.2 4x4 5 Speed 33x12.50-15 Goodyear Wranger Duratrac 4" Lift - Rancho 9000x - No-Slip Locker rear

Maybe LulzSec is attacking our host as part of the May 1st rally. (kidding)
    [I]"I'm not just sure Butters, I'm HIV Positive"[/I]
    Eric Cartman
    [I]"I have a chief of staff and a personal assistant, and everyone needs that."[/I]
    Michelle Obama

Not sure who hosts the site, but the IP it resolves to has a broken website, and the FTP server is 8 hours behind us somewhere.

ftp> open 65.18.113.10
    Connected to 65.18.113.10.
    220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
    220-You are user number 1 of 50 allowed.
    220-Local time is now 08:40. Server port: 21.
    220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
    220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
    220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.

[following from https://65.18.113.10]

An error occurred during a connection to 65.18.113.10.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

Quote Originally Posted by CYAN5DE View Post
    Not sure who hosts the site, but the IP it resolves to has a broken website, and the FTP server is 8 hours behind us somewhere.
    There is no SSL installed on this server and it is a dedicated VPS for the site. The NTP daemon was not updating like it should be is why the time was off, it should be corrected now.

Also, make sure you update your time settings in the UserCP.

Quote Originally Posted by ncserv View Post
    There is no SSL installed on this server and it is a dedicated VPS for the site. The NTP daemon was not updating like it should be is why the time was off, it should be corrected now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncserv View Post
    Also, make sure you update your time settings in the UserCP.
    Damn, nothing like a real network admin coming in to spoil the fun of someone who just plays with stuffs.......

but thanks.

Member #
    Images
    Updated the vbulletin software tonight. Let me know if any of the previously mentioned problems have been fixed, otherwise I'll assume they're still open issues.

I think I found a fix for the thread title punctuation error described in this thread. Let me know if punctuation in the thread title still results in an error when you click on the link. I tried it in testing and seemed to work ok, but I'm not sure I remember which characters were causing the problem.
    It's busted again with this thread: http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showt...re-the-problem
    When ya click on it, you get this URL: http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showt...re-the-problem and the forum doesn't like the "%92" and gives an error.

Member #
    Images
    Can we please just load a page once and be done? Much of the time, with whatever os/system I use, I open a page and the page requests a refresh as soon as it loads. Sometimes I've got to try 4 or 5 times to stop the load with the page filled in, sometimes catching it partway loaded so the bottom's missing. I though initially it was my fringe bookmark -
    PHP Code:
    http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=55127 
    - maybe incompatible with the new software version, though it works most /much/some of the time....but it happens going to other pages from links within the site - going to gen chit-chat from the link at the top of the fringe, for instance.

Member #
    Images
    I always see script at the top of the main forum page, like below.

'); var sidebar_align = 'left'; var content_container_margin = parseInt('232px'); var sidebar_width = parseInt('220px'); //-->
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by newracer View Post

'); var sidebar_align = 'left'; var content_container_margin = parseInt('232px'); var sidebar_width = parseInt('220px'); //-->
    funny, I didn't see that on my machine running firefox, but on my parents machine running firefox it was on there, and i could not "minimize" the sidebar.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cheftyler View Post
    It's busted again with this thread: http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showt...re-the-problem
    When ya click on it, you get this URL: http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showt...re-the-problem and the forum doesn't like the "%92" and gives an error.
    This is indeed annoying. I thought I had it fixed, but I guess not. I'll see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by ni0h View Post
    Can we please just load a page once and be done? Much of the time, with whatever os/system I use, I open a page and the page requests a refresh as soon as it loads.
    This has happened to me as well, usually when viewing on my phone. I don't know the cause. I'm updating the software tonight, maybe we'll get lucky. (Edit: won't be tonight after all, but I'll update it soon)

Quote Originally Posted by newracer View Post

funny, I didn't see that on my machine running firefox, but on my parents machine running firefox it was on there, and i could not "minimize" the sidebar.
    I haven't seen this using IE or chrome, however I uninstalled Firefox long ago. I'll reinstall it to see if I can reproduce it. From your descriptions it sounds like it might be from the sidebar addon.
    Last edited by Eric; June 10th, 2012 at 09:08 PM.

Video embedding go boom or am I a tard? tried to post a video in the off topic checkered flag area and no go on the video.. I've posted a TON of vids here so It cant be me can it?
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Bilbo Baggins
    September 22nd, 1401 SR

Member #
    Images
    I have gotten over Ispell not ever coming back, will Itrader buyer/seller feedback be coming back? Buying and selling here is one of the main reasons I use this board. Itrader was a valuable resource for knowing who is a good or bad person to deal with. Have been a paying member here for 8 years. Not just here to chat or goof off on a social sight. Seems like more and more members use this as a social site rather than a 4x4 site. If I wanted to participate in a social site I would just use Facebook. You probably do not care but I will seriously consider not remaining a paying member if the sevices continue to diminish.

No disrespect intended.

John Haney
    Meeker, CO

Member #
    Images
    I don't expect it to render all purty with Lynx, but it should at least say what it is, even if it is so lame as to not be able to work without javascript.
    An appropriate representation of the requested resource /vbb/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the
    request.