Member #
    Images

DeWalt M-16 Nail Gun

It can drive a 6-D nail thru a 2 X 4 at 200 yards, it means you can sit in your
    lawn chair and build a fence! And it also comes with the hundred-round
    magazine. The DeWalt rapid-fire M16 nail gun is a high-powered, cordless tool,
    just make sure you wearing safety goggles and Kevlar!
    Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.
    Life is good! לחיים

MilitaryJeepers.com

Member #
    Images
    I remember the last FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD: FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD: that I got with this in it, back in 03

Member #
    Images

Banned
    Member #
    Is it legal and can it go full auto?

I'm guessing it's home made jobby. If it were made by Dewalt it would need the 'press against object' safety mechanism.

One of my old HS friends two year old some how shot himself in the heart w/ a nail gun last week. Still trying to figure out how that would happen.

I am guessing it is a dewalt battery shoved into the magazine well of an AR-15 and nothing else.

ok, painted yellow accessories.
    [I]"I'm not just sure Butters, I'm HIV Positive"[/I]
    Eric Cartman
    [I]"I have a chief of staff and a personal assistant, and everyone needs that."[/I]
    Michelle Obama

Member #
    Images

http://www.likecool.com/DeWalt-16_Na...ols--Gear.html

David Wiggins created this DeWalt M-16 Nail gun, It can drive a 6-D nail thru a 2 X 4 at 200 yards, it means you can sit in your lawn chair and build a fence! And it also with the hundred-round magazine. The DeWalt rapid-fire nail M16 nail gun is a high-powered, cordless tool, just make sure you wearing safety goggles and Kevlar!
    I'd just picked up a new (to me) M-16 and was in the process of fixing it up a little. It needed new furniture anyway, so I sourced the safety yellow stock, guard, and grip. Then, I went down to the DeWalt factory service place a few miles from the house to get a sticker. There, I saw they had brand new battery casings, so I picked up one of those too. I got home, found a short magazine , and got to work.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/technology/nailgun.asp

Member #
    Images
    Yeah, I'm going to build a fence with that. I'd never get the fence even..........
    My Iphone is smarter than your honor student.....

I SUCK AT EGGS

Wait. So it's an M-16 not an AR-15?

Quote Originally Posted by Colo.TJ View Post
    Wait. So it's an M-16 not an AR-15?
    unless the guy has a class III FFL and lots of money, you would be correct, not an M16

oh and of course it would be an M4 rather than an M16 anyways.

Member #
    Can't get anything past these army guys.

nope, i am just so amazingly perceptive.

Member #
    Attention to detail

Meh.

Now there's an AR to hang in the gun rack!
    Martin (AKA Zapp Branigan) KillBot (Retired)
    "I am the Man With No Name - Zapp Branigan!"
    2007 4Runner SR5, 4.0 Wife's vehicle: 95 YJ, 4 cyl, 5 speed STOCK!
    DD: 96 Mazda B2300 4x2, Fun Ride: 02 BMW R1150R

That is a full auto capable, selectable lower.

There is an extra pin in the receiver that Ar-15s don't have. It holds the auto sear.

So, yes, this is a full auto capable firearm.

Just requires a form 4 like Suppressors and Destructive Devices (read grenade launchers etc). $200 dollar tax stamp and a lot of time waiting for the ATF to approve you.

The most prohibitive part of owning a FA is the cost of getting the parts.

RDIAS, or Registered Lowers, or Registered Lightening links are all $5000 and up adventures. A true M16A1 registered lower is going to run between $9000 and $14000 depending on round count, age, etc.
    Cages: '08 Dodge 6.7CTD, '08 Nissan Xterra Offroad
    Bikes: '05 GSXR 1000, '98 WR400
    Sold: '04 R6, '05 GSXR 600, '96 XJ, '98 XJ, '91 Chevy, '74 GMC

I saw the selector but many lowers come w/ the etched setting. Was not aware of the extra pin. Thanks for the knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Colo.TJ View Post
    I saw the selector but many lowers come w/ the etched setting. Was not aware of the extra pin. Thanks for the knowledge.
    Sure.

You are correct. The lower having the setting etched/milled/marked in for FA or 3rd burst (depending on lower and the setup contained) is not necessarily indicative of a true FA/burst lower. However, as I am sure you have guessed, the pin above the selector is holding the important pieces in.

The inside of the receiver actually looks different too. There is less metal in the rear of the FCG channel, which allows space for the sear. This is normally filled in on AR-15 lower to make it physically impossible to convert to FA using a sear in a non-modified AR-15 lower. There are other ways to convert to FA, but they are all illegal, and not as durable as the true FA sear setup.

So you are saying this guy "picked up" a FA that cost about 10gs or more, and then decided to sticker it into a "Dewalt" fun gun? wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Clod Hopper View Post
    So you are saying this guy "picked up" a FA that cost about 10gs or more, and then decided to sticker it into a "Dewalt" fun gun? wow.
    The lower receiver (which has a Dewalt sticker only, and 2 pieces of yellow plastic) is what cost $10K+.

The rest of that gun can be had for under well under $1K.

So yeah, he stuck a sticker and some cheap plastic parts on a gun that all told is probably worth ~$15K. (I say this because looking more closely at the lower it appears to be a newish one - probably 1984,85,or 86 based on anodization coloring and "texture", anything 1981 up to 1986 is considered newish for civilian owned FA lowers, and pre-81 is considered old).

Not my cup of tea, but hey, if he has the money, more power to him.

Isn't it also possible that it's not really a full-auto at all and that the 3rd position on the selector switch doesn't actually do anything and that it was only put there to make it look like it's a full auto?

I think Grant was saying that the pin above the fire select would ONLY exist if it was an FA lower. If the lower was not an FA, then there would be no hole for a pin to be installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Clod Hopper View Post
    I think Grant was saying that the pin above the fire select would ONLY exist if it was an FA lower. If the lower was not an FA, then there would be no hole for a pin to be installed.
    Correct.

A standard AR-15 does not have the hole for the pin above the selector.

Ar-15

M-16:

Notice the pin above the selector that is not present on the AR-15.

The FCG Channel for trigger, hammer, and springs is also different.

ETA - shows the channel, the sear, and the pin...

For those that are interested:

What is happening in a FA setup like this is:

1. The round chambered is fired, creating gas pressure which unlocks the bolt and forces the carrier to the rear of the gun.
    2. As the Carrier moves rearward, it cocks the hammer, but since the trigger remains pulled, the hammer is no longer caught on the trigger bar. It is instead caught by the hook at the top of the hammer (not present in the AR-15 FCG) on the sear.
    3. With the hammer held down by the sear, the carrier continues rearward, which creates the ejection cycle.
    4. The force of the rearward movement is then matched and exceeded by the buffer spring which drives the carrier forward.
    5. As the carrier moves forward, the sear continues to hold the hammer, until the sear is moved out of position to hold the hammer by the carrier. This provides the delay for the carrier and bolt to move completely forward and rotate into locked position.
    6. At this point, there is enough gap that the hammer springs forward and strikes the firing pin with enough force to detonate the primer.

Process repeats as long as the trigger is held down and there is another round to be stripped and loaded.