Mashed Potato Trail GPS

Does anyone have Coordinates to the Mashed Potato Trail head located out by the Pickle in Moab, UT that they can send me in *.MPS formatt???

X2, heard about this trail awhile back and would like to check it out. A little off, but i have also never been to the Proving Grounds and would like to know where that is also. Talked to a local last time I was in town and he said it was CLOSED. I've been wheeling in Moab for a long time now and would like to see somthing I have not done yet.

I received some info to get me close enough and should have some cords and traks next week

Getting to the start of mashed potatoes, at least the way I have run it, is a mofo. Back in the day we would run The Pickle, then Hangman (when it had a winch anchor in the ground), then you could jump right on Mashed potatoes. If you want to run it that same way, you have to have someone that knows their way around there take a "shortcut" to the top of the hangman wall so you can winch off of them. That "shortcut" used to take Steve Nantz about 30 minutes to drive, and if you have driven with him, you know that dude does not mess around.

Anyway, what I am saying is, if you find a way of getting to the trailhead that does not involve what I have described, I would be most interested. It is a fun trail, but always a huge hassle trying to remember the way to run over to hangman "backwards". There are a TON of roads back there. Good luck.
    Can I recommend you use a search engine here without getting in trouble?
    Search for Rock Zombie Outlaws. Come visit us!
    Thanks! :)

Member #
    where are these trails in relation to moab? are they in the vicinity of the spike, ect?
    1994 Toyota FZJ80 - elocked, 3in OME lift, 315/75-16 KM2s, Warn 8274.

I've got a GPS track on my website:

http://www.myxj.net/blog/trails/utah-gps-tracks

under the Moab | Island Area section

Picture here: http://www.myxj.net/blog/2177

It was signed and well marked when I ran it
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | AnasaziPhoto.com

They are pretty far north of town(have not looked at his site yet)..

It is next to Hidden Canyon.....near the airport.

Member #
    cool. maybe have to check that area out when we go this fall.

Thanks guys....I am familiar with the area and was planning on running to the end of the pickle and over to it from there and then meeting the rest of my group for a pickle run in the afternoon tomorrow. I have talked to steve nance a few time in the past few days and will see if i can convince him to come play for the afternoon.

Intrepid. Thanks for the link

Edit: i guess i am logged in with my partners account

Member #
    Images
    ya, its tough to get to.

FWIW, proving grounds is closed. RIP
    And so it was that I, a wayward throwback to the Mesozoic, was enslaved as a circus freak to entertain you drunken monkeys.
    PERSONA NON-GRATA
    Rogue Rock Racing #701 www.thewrathchassis.com

Quote Originally Posted by IntrepidXJ View Post
    I've got a GPS track on my website:

http://www.myxj.net/blog/trails/utah-gps-tracks

under the Moab | Island Area section

Picture here: http://www.myxj.net/blog/2177

It was signed and well marked when I ran it
    Hey, very nice page dude. I downloaded some of the gpx files for the "sights" trails which I have never done. I have a question for you though, which you may not know the answer to. I transferred these to my Garmin Nuvi 265 with confirmed success, but I cannot find them on there(wtf)? I suck at GPS. Any idea where it saves your stuff? I thought they would be in favorites, but nope....

Member #
    does you'res have a custom POI file in it?
    Wandering in the wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by Janky View Post
    Hey, very nice page dude. I downloaded some of the gpx files for the "sights" trails which I have never done. I have a question for you though, which you may not know the answer to. I transferred these to my Garmin Nuvi 265 with confirmed success, but I cannot find them on there(wtf)? I suck at GPS. Any idea where it saves your stuff? I thought they would be in favorites, but nope....
    Thanks....unfortunately I am not familiar with the Nuvis....so I probably can't help