Thread: Smug mug users?

Member #

Smug mug users?

I am looking at using smugmug pro to show and sell my rollerderby and race car images.I know some of you have used it.Have you had good luck with them? Any thing else you can tell me pro or con before I drop 150.00 bucks?
    Thanks in advance
    Fred Greenwood
    just my .02 cents,but with the rate of inflation by the time it posts it's reduced to .01 cent.

Member #
    Ive used both Smugmug and Zenfolio...

Zenfolio works better out of the box, runs faster and has clean looking themes and is very easily customized. Smug, isnt quite as easy and their premade layouts dont look as nice IMO, but they offer far more customization if you like to tune\tweak your page...if your web savvy, smug is pretty much the best deal out there....if your not, or just lazy like me, Zens premade themes and layouts cant be beat.

The pro level of Zenfolio is 50 bucks cheaper too...you can sign up for it and try it for 2 weeks before you decide to buy.

Both offer click, buy and ship photo services.
    [B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Red"]Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot [/COLOR][/B][/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/pages/Hesperia-CA/Caught-My-Eye-Photography/366899572049?ref=ts"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Caught My Eye Photography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
    [QUOTE=Steve]I was WRONG![/QUOTE]

Member #
    Cool thanks! I'm not all that web savvy sp I'll check them out.

Member #
    Images
    I had Zenfolio, and dropped it in favor of Smugmug Pro. Read why here and here. SM gives a free two week trial also, you can try it here.

ZF is faster out of the box, but if you want to really match your site to your blog or main site, then SM is for you. The user community for Smugmug is far more active and helpful, and they also have monthly user group meetings in a lot of cities, including Denver (next one is April 8). Several people here are pretty satisfied with Smugmug. Guess you could count me among them.
    Chester Bullock
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/coskier
    My drone photography - http://instagram.com/gypsy_drone

Member #
    Images
    Hey Fred long time no talk to!!!

If you want to give Smug a whirl for a year use the discount code "flickr" to get 50% off.

This will most likely be my last year using SM pro, can't justify the cost when my current site can be easily modified to sell my images to clients.
    Your ACTIONS are speaking so loud I can hardly hear you
    2014 JKU Sahara - Dragon

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    Hey Fred long time no talk to!!!

If you want to give Smug a whirl for a year use the discount code "flickr" to get 50% off.

This will most likely be my last year using SM pro, can't justify the cost when my current site can be easily modified to sell my images to clients.
    Thanks Tiffany!I should be up that way a time or two this summer shootin Derby,I know Ft.Collins and Greely for shure.

Member #
    Images
    Well I am in Springs a good bit so maybe we can meet up there sometime.