Thread: Want to make money? Try Pet Photography

Member #
    Images

Want to make money? Try Pet Photography

I don't think I could do it, I am just getting comfortable with people...

http://goingpro2010.com/?p=45
    Chester Bullock
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/coskier
    My drone photography - http://instagram.com/gypsy_drone

Member #
    You would be surprised at how many people want to bring their pets into my home based studio.Sometimes it can be a deal breaker if I prefer that they don't.
    just my .02 cents,but with the rate of inflation by the time it posts it's reduced to .01 cent.

Member #
    Images
    I am always surprised by what crazy pet owners want to do. But since my wife says I have no heart, it probably shouldn't be surprising.

Member #
    Pets are definitely a money maker for sure but they require an incredible amount of patients sometimes...

One of my clients wanted to incorporate their incredibly stubborn, cranky, old mutt into their daughters senior portraits....this, after much frustration and trial and error was about the most photogenic one we could muster!

We discovered that the dog did not like my strobes one bit...as soon as we got away from them, he really opened up and started being more cooperative...then we tried to work the lights back in and it just wasnt happening. With it being the middle of the day though, it was playing hell with shadows and all sorts of not so great things, but their very happy with what ive put out so far. Ive still got a little bit of tweaking to do with the above image as this was done with minimalist of equipment and im not happy at all with the shadows on the left side of her face(forgot my reflector and wasnt enough room on the boat for additional lights)...some careful dodging should be able to pull out some more detail though. They loved it though because the dog is ALWAYS annoyed with her...and by the look on his face, it captured it well. lol

Ill have a little more on the series later since im still in the process of shooting and editing it...its actually one of the most fun jobs ive done yet...they wanted to incorporate a lake setting, her wakeboard and some other things into her shots and their coming out pretty good so far. Shes also in ROTC and we have a shoot scheduled at March AFB in 2 weeks to incorporate some vintage aircraft with her in uniform...should work out pretty good.
    Last edited by Jeffro600; March 29th, 2010 at 08:24 PM.
    [B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Red"]Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot [/COLOR][/B][/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/pages/Hesperia-CA/Caught-My-Eye-Photography/366899572049?ref=ts"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Caught My Eye Photography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
    [QUOTE=Steve]I was WRONG![/QUOTE]

Member #
    Images
    I grabbed this one yesterday. He didn't like the flash either, but when I turned it off, he looked right at me.

Member #
    I like the deapth of field. My dogs hate my camera even with out the flash

Member #
    Images
    A neighbor's weimaraner (her front paws were on a 3.5' high fence)

One of our prior dogs: