Thread: What fab shops would you visit in the Boulder/Denver area?

What fab shops would you visit in the Boulder/Denver area?

I am out in Boulder on vacation and have convinced the wife to give me a day to travel around and see some shops on Wednesday while I am out here. I am meeting Bob from TnT Customs in Cheyenne in the afternoon tomorrow, but have the morning open.
    Any recommendations with addresses would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    [URL=http://atozfabrication.com/][COLOR=DarkOrange]AtoZ Fabrication[/COLOR][/URL]

Look for the truck in the air! or Elizabeth
    Member #
    Spidertrax

Edit: In Longmont
    Try the skinny pedal on the right.....Nancy!

Anger is a gift.

Resident Gorilla
    Member #
    Images
    I will second spidertrax. They are actually in Hygiene though.
    Last edited by Camp; September 21st, 2004 at 08:40 AM.
    "If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy." Thomas Jefferson

Look for the truck in the air! or Elizabeth
    Member #
    Here's a map to spidertrax:

Member #
    One more for Spidertrax.

Rock Stomper is in Firestone. That's about 27 minutes from Spidertrax. Ask me how I know.
    Tom
    Rocky Mountain Binders
    '67 IH Scout 800 (Not Quite Stock)
    '76 IH Traveler (Not Quite All There)

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TW

Rock Stomper is in Firestone.
    LOL, his place looks like my place only with cooler stuff in it...
    I'd walk through Hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball. - Pete Rose

Member #
    Images
    hell, just drive around Boulder until you see Trango's "Fab Palace" :biggrin:
    2006 WK 5.7 Hemi

Member #
    If you go to Poison Spyder (2140 W. Dartmouth, Englewood), let me know. I am within 8 miles of that shop. (I am the same Tonka, just separated by cap lock )

That is funny--after I posted this I relized that Spidertrax was up in Longmont/Hygiene and I definitely want to visit them since they do such sick stuff. I think I am going to do PSC, Rockstomper, Spidertrax, and then TnT. That should take up a day.

Tonka(TONKA), I will give you a shout. I have your number from the other thing with the thing.

Thanks for the suggestions.

BTW, what is the address for PSC's real shop, not the showroom? I wanted to see some of the buggies.

inactive
    Member #
    A new shop in North Denver area Called Mile High Motorsports is an awsome place. Those guys really do some of the nicest fab work around. They have done some nice build ups around town. I have seen several Nice TJ's, unlimiteds and even a huge Dodge on 49-Iroks with custom everything over there when I have stopped by. their number is 303-289-2262. I wont go anywhere else after talking with them!!!

Member #
    I know it's in Colorado Springs and not Boulder, but the drive would be worth it. Check out Armorology. Dude does sick work. If you can't make it, atleast check out www. armorology.com But here is his address in case:

3402 N. Prospect
    Colo. Spgs. CO 80907
    (719) 632-8125

Member #
    Another vote for Spidertrax.

This would be a good time to tell you guys how they treat their customers.

I had a lower shock mount break last week and I can't weld. Called Tom and he said Eddie would be in on Saturday and that worked best for me due to work.

Showed up on Saturday and Eddie got me taken care of no problem. Asked him how much and he said not to worry about it.

It's not like they were fixing a screw up either, just fixing a part that is suspect to breaking.

The other thing I like about their shop is they don't treat you like a jackass.......even if you are one!

I think you'll be impressed with the shop and people there.

Member #

wild west off road

wild west off road has the sweet stuff. they are going to move this month to behind allstars. They will be called colorado custom crawlers. i was there yesterday and they have some sick buggies all built there. they build custom axels, buggies and lots of other stuff.

these guys were totally cool when i was there. I got to think they will be doing lots of work for me.
    SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN!
    SWITZERLAND 'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE TO.
    SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!

Member #
    Yup. The Wild West guys are awesome. They're more than happy to show you around their shop; they have some cool stuff they're working on back there. And they're fun to just shoot the shit with.

I went to them for a small welding thing once, and was so impressed that I ended up having them do my gears/ARBs install work for me. Great guys that do very nice work.
    Look, Ma! I'm Road Kill!

Member #
    Images
    Yup, the folks at Wild West Off Road have treated me very well in the past - some of the partners are starting at new shop, Colorado Custom Crawlers, that will be in a new building located on the frontage road behind All Stars. Should be a great place.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    A new shop in North Denver area Called Mile High Motorsports is an awsome place. Those guys really do some of the nicest fab work around. They have done some nice build ups around town. I have seen several Nice TJ's, unlimiteds and even a huge Dodge on 49-Iroks with custom everything over there when I have stopped by. their number is 303-289-2262. I wont go anywhere else after talking with them!!!
    Hey Wolf, what's your first name? That's my husband's, Mike, and his two partners' (Scott & Brian)shop . They saw this post today and said to say thanks for the kudos. Mike said next time you stop in let him know you were the one that posted this and he'll work you up a good deal for the next time.

Jeannie
    Our Photos: www.community.webshots.com/user/jeannieabbiati

inactive
    Member #
    Thanks for the offer on the good deal. I owe the good word for those guys as they always take care of me. The shop is always clean and they dont mind if you check the shop out while they are working on something. Professional guys with Professional work.