Thread: GoPro Hero HD testing.

Talking GoPro Hero HD testing.

Just starting to get the new GoPro Hero HD camera figured out.

Strapped it to the bottom of the Jeep today for a quick test run around the block. (too cold for much else).

Here is the video from the test drive for anyone curious about it.

YouTube - Jeep GoPro HD test video
    CaveVan.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtremjeepn-Cole Ford View Post
    Just starting to get the new GoPro Hero HD camera figured out.

Strapped it to the bottom of the Jeep today for a quick test run around the block. (too cold for much else).

Here is the video from the test drive for anyone curious about it.

YouTube - Jeep GoPro HD test video
    you ran 3 stop signs

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
    you ran 3 stop signs

I need one of those cams for all my other hobbies instead of lugging around a small video camera.
    [B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Red"]Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot [/COLOR][/B][/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/pages/Hesperia-CA/Caught-My-Eye-Photography/366899572049?ref=ts"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Caught My Eye Photography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
    [QUOTE=Steve]I was WRONG![/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
    you ran 3 stop signs

Yup

Obviously, I rolled them. The camera does not give a great perspective on speed though. There were some really slow spots to see there was no one around. Then there was some fairly high speed sideways stuff that you can't really tell either. Some of the fast stuff looks the same as the slow stuff from the angle.

FWIW this is how the camera was mounted. NOT a good location for wheeling, It could be mounted to the top side of this cross member too if you wanted to get some wheeling footage.

Member #
    I havent priced them but how much do they stick ya for somethin like that??

Member #
    Images
    Looks like $200 for non-HD and $299 for HD on Amazon.
    Chester Bullock
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/coskier
    My drone photography - http://instagram.com/gypsy_drone

Member #
    I was looking into one of those for a wing mount on the plane. But I heard that battery life was marginal and there's no way to run a remote. Sweet little wide angle cam for a very reasonable price.

Battery life is claimed to be about 2.5 hours on the new one. Can fit 8 hours on a 32g card.

I have heard they are developing a remote, but not out yet.

Took it snowboarding yesterday.

Tried a couple of different mounting angles. I know this is not Jeep stuff but you can see how durable, waterproof and how it deal with shaking.

YouTube - Skiing 12-29-09

Member #
    Images
    Pretty cool - any pics of how you mounted it to the board? I'd love to mount one to the tip of my skis.

I have strap with a mount on it that you can see in the above pictures. I just strapped it to my front "toe strap" on the front binding.

They make a chest mount too. I think that will work best for skiing. (I need to try it on skis now).

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtremjeepn-Cole Ford View Post
    They make a chest mount too. I think that will work best for skiing. (I need to try it on skis now).
    As long as you don't steer with your upper body. On a good skier, I'll bet the videos would be pretty good from the chest.

You may have enjoyed watching some of the moves I was doing to catch the videos I did.

In the stable shots of Jeska skiing I was basically flying backwards without turning to keep her in frame.