Experience w/ Big O Mesa A/P tires

I'm starting the look for new tires. I believe I want BFG T/A KO but for half their price Big O has something called the Mesa A/P

http://www.bigo.com/item.asp?id=675

I can't find much in the way of reviews for these tires. Does anyone here have experience with these tires?
    -2005 Rubicon

Ive used the Mesa AT on a stocker light pickup and they work perfect for the price. But if youre gonna wheel on them Id double check the sidewall and tread ply count.
    '94 YJ- 5.3, 4L60E, 241, 60, 14, 107", 42"s
    '09 LMM- H&S, deleted, red in color & tows shit

Of course nothing online lists the ply information, but I found someone on pirate4x4 stating the sidewall is a 6-ply.

Member #
    ply rating and actual ply count are different. Remember, you get what you pay for. What size are you looking for? Shoot me a PM, I work at a tire shop in Aurora and I can get you some CO4x4 member pricing if you want. Can't get as low as Mesa, but I should be able to work something out for you.

Sorry, but I wouldn't put another set of Big-Zero's on anything I own. There's a reason their slogan is "Seporations you can't drive on". I ran their XT's on my old Explorer and they were great for the first 50% of the tread after that I had two blow outs and one seporate within a few weeks of each other. I see more seproated Big-O tires than any other manufacurer and their price isn't that good IMHO. If you want a good tire stick with BFG or Cooper tires.
    1980 Toyota....I scratched the paint!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Boyle View Post
    Sorry, but I wouldn't put another set of Big-Zero's on anything I own. There's a reason their slogan is "Seporations you can't drive on". I ran their XT's on my old Explorer and they were great for the first 50% of the tread after that I had two blow outs and one seporate within a few weeks of each other. I see more seproated Big-O tires than any other manufacurer and their price isn't that good IMHO. If you want a good tire stick with BFG or Cooper tires.
    Cooper builds the big A/t And X/T. And they are both very good tires. The mesa isnt actually a big o tire. But it is built for big o by Sumitomo. Its a decent little tire and for the money it is hard to beat.

Being in the industry I very rarely see separated tires. I see alot of other shops miss diagnosing tire separations. The nice thing about blowing out the 2 XT's is you should have gotten 2 more for free.
    Tire Sheister Extraordinaire!

garbage, we run them on all are fleet vehicles cause they are cheap. They don't wear for shit, and we have problems keeping them balanced the older they get.

I'm going to be running these tires on a stock height Rubicon, in 245/75-16.
    For those that have experience with them, how long do these cheap tires last? Might not be a bad budget tire to run until I get motivated to buy a lift.

I see a lot of Big Ho's that come in with funky wear patterns, non alignment related wear.