Thread: "in the next several weeks."

Member #

"in the next several weeks."

Hey all lets play another game...

It's called screw the troops...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091118/...hanistan_obama

BEIJING (Reuters) U.S. President Barack Obama said in an interview with CNN on Wednesday he is "very close" to a decision on boosting troop levels in Afghanistan and would make an announcement "in the next several weeks."

Oxymoron or just a Moron?

He took how many months to choose a "rescue dog" and ended up getting one from Ted Kennedy's dog breeder instead? I wouldn't expect anything of him...
    ☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌ 
    / \ Copy and paste him
    Jim - www.yuccaman.com - '04 LJ Unlimited

Member #
    This is the same guy that said the GW took his eye off the ball in Iraq and that we should be focused on Afghanistan. What a douche

Member #
    I'm generally okay with taking the time to consider important decisions. What bothers me is that we have been getting ill-conceived thrown together legislation railroaded down our throats for the last 9 months, but NOW he has to stop and think about something that is quite literally a matter of life and death. Hasn't it been like 2 months now since the recommendation for an increase in troop levels was requested? If he is not committed to win, get out, if he wants to win, set clear goals and provide the means to attain them.
    -Nate
    2k XJ

Member #
    Personally I think he is stalling to punish the General for leaking the request to the press

Quote Originally Posted by CannonBall View Post
    I'm generally okay with taking the time to consider important decisions. What bothers me is that we have been getting ill-conceived thrown together legislation railroaded down our throats for the last 9 months, but NOW he has to stop and think about something that is quite literally a matter of life and death. Hasn't it been like 2 months now since the recommendation for an increase in troop levels was requested? If he is not committed to win, get out, if he wants to win, set clear goals and provide the means to attain them.
    -Nate
    BO even admitted today (yesterday?) that the closure of Gitmo isn't going to happen immediately, either. No surprise there, that yet another of his grand plans has proved untenable.

Member #
    Images
    Oh, but he can shove a healthcare plan down our throats? but cant do something to help our people, that are risking their lives in defense of our country. Gee, sure reminds me of some other people that have held his office. I cant tell you how thrilled I am right now, that neither of my kids in the service are currently deployed. I feel for the guys that are, they are the ones that are paying the price for bo's indecision the most. Unforgivable that any of them are put at risk, by having the things they need withheld from them, or having their hands tied when they need to act quickly, and decisively.

Arrrrrrggggggggg, damn thread pixies
    Tired of being tired.

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
    --Robert Heinlein

PROUD PARENT OF A UNITED STATES MARINE!!! Sleep Well America, My Marine Has Got Your Back... Proud Parent of a Sailor, in the United States Navy.......

Lunatic? just call me the duece

Member #
    White House aides: No Afghan decision before Thanksgiving

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...900904_pf.html

Obama arrived on the base 3:19 p.m. local time (1 a.m. Eastern Standard Time), and received a rousing welcome from 1,500 troops in camouflage uniforms, many holding cameras or pointing cell phones to snap pictures.

"You guys make a pretty good photo op," the president said.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yucca-Man View Post
    He took how many months to choose a "rescue dog" and ended up getting one from Ted Kennedy's dog breeder instead? I wouldn't expect anything of him...
    Unconscionable. He got a dog from a breeder? What an assheauxl.
    Making progress on the big build.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleD View Post
    White House aides: No Afghan decision before Thanksgiving

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...900904_pf.html

Obama arrived on the base 3:19 p.m. local time (1 a.m. Eastern Standard Time), and received a rousing welcome from 1,500 troops in camouflage uniforms, many holding cameras or pointing cell phones to snap pictures.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do. Benjamin Franklin
    klaatu barada nikto

Quid Futuis

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleD View Post
    And theres all he really gives a shit about