Thread: 4.7L I6 Stroker

4.7L I6 Stroker

The original Jeep 4.0L inline-six was hewn from a solid block of granite by lightning bolts. Its cylinders were bored by the Imperial Winds and its rotating assembly was balanced by the Scales of Justice. The Ancient Egyptians used Jeep 4.0L engines to move the blocks which built the Pyramids, only switching to slave labor when it was found to be cheaper than the olive oil used to fuel the engines. Scientists have ranked the Jeep 4.0L engine as one of the strongest forces of nature, racking right up there with tectonic plate shifts for its low-end torque, and being surpassed by hurricanes only for its comparatively low redline. Mechanics have found imprints of fossilized dinosaur bones in block castings, and serial numbers in Roman numerals are a common sight. The design of the 4.0L's fuel injection system has been traced to the archives of Leonardo DaVinci, and early manuscripts of Shakespeare plays have been used as head gaskets for this engine (which, incidentally, explains the gaps in Shakespeare's collected works as well as the 4.0L's tendancy to leak oil). The engine's ancient roots also explain its ability to run on some very non-conventional fuels (original translations of the Rosetta Stone include evidence of Jeep 4.0L engines running on ox blood) as well as lubrications (during the Middle Ages, Jeep 4.0L crankcases were often filled with barley, with no detrimental effect on power output). Historians maintain that the fall of the Roman Empire hinged on their inability to design a superior engine, and had the Titanic been powered by a 4.0L Jeep engine, 1912 might have been a much happier year. Yes, had early-20th-century naval engineers had a touch more foresight, the Jeep 4.0L may have saved mankind from ever having to endure Leonardo DiCaprio and Celene Dion in the same sitting.
    The only weakness in this otherwise unstoppable force of nature? Emissions. Yes, the engine's design may have come from the hand of Zeus, and its exhaust note at full throttle may have reverberated along the rock formations of Arizona to forge the Grand Canyon, but by the year 2007 its crude emissions control (originally consisting of papyrus strips soaked in the tears of the young Tutankhaman) had become outmoded, and the legendary, nay Biblical force of the Jeep 4.0L was put to rest

http://media.chrysler.com/newsreleas...?id=9219&mid=6
    Last edited by Mcstiff; October 30th, 2009 at 11:16 AM.
    Ed Hankin [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:cool:
    [URL=http://theprojectpad.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=100]1991 CQt Build[/URL]
    "Never trust the old shaped quattros- you just never know what might be under the bonnet"

Member #
    Images
    Very Nice. to the 4.0 or rather the original 258, 4.2 which is what I have
    Restored 1974 CJ5 with some stuff. Need help to add some more stuff. Any takers?

Member #
    Images
    nice! Saul will still find a way to blow it up!!

I'd be very interested to see the specs and cost on one of these. Does anyone know if it is a short rod stroker, using the 258 rods, or whether these use the longer 4.0 rods and custom forged pistons?
    1991 YJ 1955 Land Rover 86
    1986 Land Rover ExMOD 110

Member #
    Images
    I'll take the 572 Hemi next to it, thanks.

Member #
    Images
    yeah I gotta home for one of those 572s too, uhhh, and not going to waste it in a rig
    Tired of being tired.

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
    --Robert Heinlein

PROUD PARENT OF A UNITED STATES MARINE!!! Sleep Well America, My Marine Has Got Your Back... Proud Parent of a Sailor, in the United States Navy.......

Lunatic? just call me the duece

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I'll take the 572 Hemi next to it, thanks.
    Yeah, one of those stuffed in a A-body Barracuda might get you into the high 9s.

Member #
    Images
    much as I would like to pick up another 69 notch, it would end up in my 73 dart, since I already have it

The question is when would the 4.7 be available?
    Ut Servo Vito
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2230789

'Screw you guys, I'm going home" Frank Z's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Buy my 4.6L, it's available right now.
    [COLOR=RED][B][URL="http://attacked911.tripod.com/"]9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!![/URL] [/COLOR][/B] (<---<<click)
    :usa:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=244631929
    Quote Originally Posted by masswrecker
    list price on this is 4690.00 the part number is P5155210
    '99 XJ Classic -- Almost Stock

I would be interested in if they did anything new with this engine.