Thread: Holy cow, I won something

Member #
    Images

Holy cow, I won something

Not sure if this was a vote thing or what, but I won 1st place in an online picture contest...

http://www.steves-digicams.com/photo...st-winner.html

Never heard of the Ricoh GR Digital III until now, but that thing is selling for $700! Whoa...
    Last edited by ColoradoSkier; October 2nd, 2009 at 02:05 PM.
    Chester Bullock
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/coskier
    My drone photography - http://instagram.com/gypsy_drone

Member #
    Sweet! Congrats!

Gonna keep that Ricoh?? I think youll really like it...its a high end compact!
    [B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Red"]Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot [/COLOR][/B][/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/pages/Hesperia-CA/Caught-My-Eye-Photography/366899572049?ref=ts"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Caught My Eye Photography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
    [QUOTE=Steve]I was WRONG![/QUOTE]

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro600 View Post
    Gonna keep that Ricoh?? I think youll really like it...its a high end compact!
    Noone has done a review of the Ricoh v 3 yet, just the one and 2. I'll try it out when I get it. If it seems suitable, I'll probably send it to the oldest at college since she has been wanting something digital and this seems to offer the manual control she wants to play with.

Member #
    If its anything like the GR II, it should be a really good compact. A friend of mine has one(GR II) and it takes outstanding pictures and has alot of usable features...i wouldnt buy one for the simple fact that their overpriced for what they are, but heck, for free! SWEET!

Member #
    The babe pic took second? Obviously nobody here was involved in the decision.

Just kidding, great pic and congrates.
    95 XJ - 3.5" RE Superflex, ACOS, RC Drop Brackets, 10.5x33" BFG TA's, 4.10's, Dana 44 Rear w/Detroit, Spartan front, 4:1 T-case.
    83 Toy - 4" AllPro Fronts, Pro-Comp Rears & 1" shackle lift, 5:29's, Spool Rear, Detroit Front, Home built flatbed, Dual 2.28 cases, 35" KM2's.

Member #
    Nice job C!
    "Cute girl; cool Jeep. Killer combination!"
    Told ya it was inevitable....my last name is Wheeler!
    www.pictureyourworld.net

Member #
    Great pic. Grats
    The good old days-
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flyier19

Member #
    Images
    Camera arrived. No time today to play with it, but might take it to Arizona next week. BUT, I added up the prices of all the accessories that came with it - totalled $1,111.

This thing had best print money for that price, wow. Hope my daughter appreciates it. Might have to give it to her for Xmas.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoSkier View Post
    Camera arrived. No time today to play with it, but might take it to Arizona next week. BUT, I added up the prices of all the accessories that came with it - totalled $1,111.

This thing had best print money for that price, wow. Hope my daughter appreciates it. Might have to give it to her for Xmas.
    Just a suggestion...especially if your going to be giving it away to someone who wants manual controls. Craigslist that thing and buy her a DSLR...she will be MUCH happier in the long run, will have room to grow and expand and will learn alot more with it. I havent used this particular model but did the previous gen one and while its a good camera, it leaves much to be desired if you want to get even halfway serious into photography.

Or give her your Oly with a lens, sell everything else and buy that 50D you know your longing for...

Member #
    Images
    There is no way I can get $1100 out of this thing. I am wondering if I would find anyone will to pay even $700 for it...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoSkier View Post
    There is no way I can get $1100 out of this thing. I am wondering if I would find anyone will to pay even $700 for it...
    500-700 would still buy a nice starter DSLR setup and would put her further ahead in the game.

Check ebay...would probably be your best bet to sell that for top dollar...if you did go that route.

But there again, just a suggestion...

Member #
    Images
    Seriously debating it...

If I had won a month earlier, the price was an EP-1. That would be an easy one to convince her to use.

Member #
    Has gotten pretty poor reviews. I was really interested in one, as a high end compact like the Ricoh or the Sigma would really suit my needs, but they have all been pretty bashed in the reviews I read ... then along came micro four thirds ...
    President, CO Chapter TTORA
    Check out www.ttora.com, and www.yotatech.com to 'wheel with great Toyota folks!
    1993 Toyota 4Runner with some armor, lockers, dual cases and stuff ...
    Stop with the mods and get on the trail!

Member #
    Images
    Still might take it to Phoenix with me last week and test it out. At least need some sample shots if I am going to try and sell it. I know I wouldn't have paid that much for it, but it came free...

Member #
    Images
    I posted this thing up today on eBay as an auction starting at $450, with a $550 reserve, or buy it now for $600. It sold about an hour later for $600. Didn't even expect that much for it. Nice. Now I can get her a Nikon D3000 for $649, a Canon XSi for $699 or a G11 for $500. Clearly I should have put the price higher, but I am pretty surprised someone jumped on it this fast.

Member #
    Right on!

I havent tried the D3000 but the XSi is a very nice camera.

Member #
    Images
    Just saw the D3000 at Wal-Mart for $500. Likely that is what she will be getting...