Images

Say buhbye to Ritz....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=artslot

Ritz Camera Warns of Possible Liquidation
    Firm Has Bidders, Asks for Auction

By V. Dion Haynes and Emma L. Carew
    Washington Post Staff Writers
    Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ritz Camera, the ubiquitous national photo chain that got its start as an Atlantic City portrait studio 91 years ago, said yesterday it is unable to raise the cash it needs to operate through the summer.

The Beltsville-based firm, a victim of the economy and changing technology, has been attempting to reorganize since it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in February. The company said in court documents yesterday that it now hopes to sell its assets.
    Guess this explains why I can't buy a lens from them to save my life. I have been trying to give them money for 3 months and they have yet to have any one thing I have been trying to buy in stock anywhere in their entire inventory
    Your ACTIONS are speaking so loud I can hardly hear you
    2005 GMC Yukon SLT - pounds pavement good!

Member #
    Does this mean good deals when they liquidate though?
    President, CO Chapter TTORA
    Check out www.ttora.com, and www.yotatech.com to 'wheel with great Toyota folks!
    1993 Toyota 4Runner with some armor, lockers, dual cases and stuff ...
    Stop with the mods and get on the trail!

Member #
    Images
    They have nothing to liquidate in any stores around here. They don't even have crap stuff worth picking up...

Member #
    I dont think ive ever bought anything from them anyways...their always the most expensive around and their employees are rude. Good riddance?
    [B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Red"]Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot [/COLOR][/B][/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/pages/Hesperia-CA/Caught-My-Eye-Photography/366899572049?ref=ts"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Caught My Eye Photography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]
    [QUOTE=Steve]I was WRONG![/QUOTE]

So what does that leave for "good" camera stores in Denver?
    USAF AMMO - Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his county. IYAAYAS!

Member #
    Mikes Camera was always good to me...and their prices always seemed better than Ritz\Wolf.

Member #
    Images
    Mikes is fine as long as you don't go to the Park Meadows store. Those fawks there can all burn in hell.

Colorado Blvd. store has been very good to me though.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    Mikes is fine as long as you don't go to the Park Meadows store. Those fawks there can all burn in hell.

Colorado Blvd. store has been very good to me though.
    lol

I only had one problem with Mikes...

I had called them to see if they had a Nikon 50 1.8 in stock and the lady on the phone had told me yes, they had 3...so i drove my happy ass all the way down there from Cheyenne because they were the only ones i could find semi-locally that stocked them. Got there, they had none...lady on the phone confused them with the 1.4's. I was pretty irate at that point and probably got her fired from the way i blew up...but they ended up shipping one, next day to my door so i guess it wasnt all that bad. If i fumed a little more i probably could have gotten the 1.4 for the same price! lol

Member #
    Images
    Plain and simple the people at Park Meadows, with the exception of one gal there, are racists ****s. My last venture over there I had 2 other people walk out with me after the "customer service" I received.

Standing in line waiting for help, 3 sales people walked past me to the people behind me to offer them help. each person pointed out that I was there first and they could wait. One guy said oh, I didn't see you (you walked past me to get to the guy behind me asshole), second guy straight up ignored me even after the lady he went to help pointed out I was there before her and the third guy says out loud, I doubt she is here to buy anything. The guy he said this to said something back to him, turned to me and says you shouldn't spend a dime in this place if that is how they treat customers and walked out. Another lady looked at the sales guy and left...I said well I guess I can buy that Nikon 70-200 someplace else and walked out.

Member #
    Images
    WJW. The Mike's on Colorado beat the B&H price on my E-510 kit, which impressed me.
    Chester Bullock
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/coskier
    My drone photography - http://instagram.com/gypsy_drone

Member #
    Images
    The Mike's on Colorado has been fantastic. From what I understand they send all their bad apples to the Park Meadows store for whatever reason.

Crazy to hear! I've been wanting to go to Mike's. I want to play around with a Canon HD flash memory video camera, but no one seems to carry them around! I may have to swing by Mike's...

Member #
    Images
    I got one of those Flip UltraHD flash video cameras. This is slick as hell, but I am glad I only spent the $180 on cause my use of it has been minimal.