Results 1 to 30 of 30
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Frederick, CO
    Member #
    351
    Images
    5

    No Off-Trail Pictures

    Due to misuse by anti-OHV groups, we ask that you please refrain from posting pictures of off-trail activity. We recommend that you send those photos to the authorities.

    The moderator staff will be removing posts that we know to be off-trail. We will also be removing posts that display license plates prominently. If a post has been removed that shouldn't have been, please contact a moderator for assistance.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Frederick, CO
    Member #
    351
    Images
    5
    Does anyone have any contact info for sending in photographic evidence of trail misuse? The various ranger districts would be great. If so, please post it here.

  3. #3
    • Boulder RD, 2140 Yarmouth Ave., Boulder, CO 80301 (303) 541-2500
    • Clear Creek RD, 101 Chicago Creek, Idaho Springs, CO 80452 (303) 567-3000
    • Canyon Lakes RD, 2150 Centre Ave., Bldg E Ft. Collins, CO 80526 (970) 295-6700
    • Estes Park Office, 161 Second St., Estes Park, CO 80517 (970) 586-3440 (Summer Only)
    • Pawnee National Grassland, 660 “O” St. Greeley, CO 80631 (970) 346-5000
    • Sulphur RD, 9 Ten Mile Drive, Granby, CO 80446 (970) 887-4100
    • Grand Mesa, Uncompahgre, & Gunnison National Forests
      2250 Highway 50 Delta, CO 81416 (970) 874-6600
    • Grand Valley RD, 2777 Crossroads Blvd. Grand Junction, CO 81506 (970) 242-8211
    • Gunnison RD, 216 N. Colorado, Gunnison, CO 81230 (970) 641-0471
    • Norwood RD, 1150 Forest Street, Norwood, CO 81423 (970) 327-4261
    • Ouray RD, 2505 S. Townsend Montrose, CO 81401 (970) 240-5300
    • Paonia RD, 403 N. Rio Grande Ave, Paonia, CO 81428 (970) 527-4131
    • Routt National Forests Silverthorne, CO 80498
    • Eagle RD, 125 W. 5th St., Eagle, CO 81631-0720 (970) 328-6388
    • Holy Cross RD, 24747 US Hwy. 24, Minturn, CO 81645 (970) 827-5715
    • Rifle RD, 0094 County Road 244, Rifle, CO 81650 (970) 625-2371
    • Sopris RD, 620 Main St., (970) 963-2266
    • South Platte Ranger District - 303-275-5610
    • Pikes Ranger District office is 719.636.1602
    • Kremmling BLM office is 970.724.3000


    Don't have an email for the various offices though...I believe each district has its own LEO (Or is it each forest)? That would be the best person to contact I imagine. Paul <someone> is the LEO for BRD. I can't find his card anymore though
    '04 WJ 4.0L @ 6" on Clayton LA's & 35" BFG MT KM2's - [center][url=www.rockfrogs.org][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Rock Frogs![/B][/COLOR][/url] - [url=http://www.treadlightly.org][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Tread Lightly[/B][/COLOR][/url] - [url=http://www.staythetrail.org][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Stay The Trail[/B][/COLOR][/url][/center]

  4. #4
    'Screw you guys, I'm going home" Frank Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    4661
    Images
    71
    Not even in the VIP forum?
    [COLOR=RED][B][URL="http://attacked911.tripod.com/"]9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!![/URL] [/COLOR][/B] (<---<<click)
    :usa:

  5. #5
    Captain Radon Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    On an airplane
    Member #
    1311
    Images
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Z View Post
    Not even in the VIP forum?
    No, not even in the VIP forum.

  6. #6
    cajun tj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, CO
    Member #
    7671
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    Hey Cajun, it was a great trip report, just repost it minus the stoopidness.
    I may do that. And...thanks!
    Jeeps...

  7. #7
    cajun tj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, CO
    Member #
    7671
    South Park RD 1-719-836-2031
    Fairplay,CO
    Last edited by cajun tj; July 6th, 2009 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Add info

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    co springs
    Member #
    14957
    considering the general tone of posts that contain off trail pics, i don't see the problem. if anything the discussions here make clear that we as a community do not condone or tolerate off trail wheeling. IMHO the image of self-policing is better than the appearance of sweeping the issue under the rug.

    the banning of obvious license plates really starts to give people the impression that we have something to hide.

    but, hey, i'm just making an uninformed comment being the content in question has been removed.

  9. #9
    Dave McDonald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Closer to heaven than most
    Member #
    2824
    Images
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle ray View Post
    considering the general tone of posts that contain off trail pics, i don't see the problem. if anything the discussions here make clear that we as a community do not condone or tolerate off trail wheeling. IMHO the image of self-policing is better than the appearance of sweeping the issue under the rug.

    the banning of obvious license plates really starts to give people the impression that we have something to hide.

    but, hey, i'm just making an uninformed comment being the content in question has been removed.
    The problem comes when political opponents use the pictures out of context, saying they grabbed them off this website.
    Lunatic #15
    "A government big enough to give you a righteous buzz is also big enough to harsh your mellow." -Zapp
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

  10. #10
    Just to clear something up. ANY photo showing a license plate will be deleted? Or just ones related to off trail?
    1980 Toyota....I scratched the paint!

  11. #11
    Captain Radon Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    On an airplane
    Member #
    1311
    Images
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Boyle View Post
    Just to clear something up. ANY photo showing a license plate will be deleted? Or just ones related to off trail?
    Feel free to post all the pics you want of your own rig with the plates showing.

    If you post pics of other people's rigs with plates magnified with the intent of harassing them - as has been done here - they will be deleted.
    Last edited by Steve; July 10th, 2009 at 08:54 PM.

  12. #12
    Ric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wheat Ridge
    Member #
    6826
    What about the email addys for the proper authorities ? Phone numbers are fine, but are they going to answer the phone on a sunday afternoon ?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    What about the email addys for the proper authorities ? Phone numbers are fine, but are they going to answer the phone on a sunday afternoon ?
    No more than them answering an email Sunday afternoon

    Email addresses would be nice...I don't have them though
    Last edited by ArloGuthroJeep; June 15th, 2015 at 09:09 PM.

  14. #14
    Ric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wheat Ridge
    Member #
    6826
    Quote Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
    No more then them answering an email Sunday afternoon

    Email addresses would be nice...I don't have them though
    good point. but with a phone call, theres no proof, with an email, you can send the photos.

    geuss we could call and get the email addy
    I just want the yahoos to pay, and to KEEP OUR TRAILS OPEN...

  15. #15
    YJgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Your guess is as good as mine
    Member #
    2704
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Z View Post
    Not even in the VIP forum?
    NO. Email them to Matt or I if you need to turn someone in. val@staythetrail.org and matt@staythetrail.org.
    Last edited by YJgirl; July 16th, 2011 at 03:37 AM.
    TRAIL HUGGER - Enuf said.

  16. #16
    NismoFreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Member #
    13537
    YJ girl you absolutely ruined a thread of ours! We were on the trail 100% it's obvious you
    Just didn't know the trail or obstacle. If you don't know the area do not insist you do! That was practically my back yard I am a responsible wheeler and you tried to deface me and my friends. Fwiw I received plenty of emails from people who agreed that we were on the trail and in the right!!!!!!!!

  17. #17
    Jefe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Not Close Enough to CO
    Member #
    3228
    Images
    6

  18. #18
    Dave McDonald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Closer to heaven than most
    Member #
    2824
    Images
    51
    Y'know how sometimes you think of what you believe to be the perfect reply too late for it to do any good?

    Two freakin years is Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too late.

  19. #19
    newracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Timnath, CO
    Member #
    10010
    Images
    29
    He is talking about a thread that was deleted yesterday.

    The line in question is not off trail. I drove that same line in May with a FS representative riding passenger. There were some other pictures that I am not so sure about though.
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

  20. #20
    Wally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Snowmass Village / Grand Junction, CO
    Member #
    1668
    Images
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by NismoFreak View Post
    YJ girl you absolutely ruined a thread of ours!
    Wouldn't be the first time she's done that

  21. #21
    Dave McDonald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Closer to heaven than most
    Member #
    2824
    Images
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by newracer View Post
    He is talking about a thread that was deleted yesterday.

    The line in question is not off trail. I drove that same line in May with a FS representative riding passenger. There were some other pictures that I am not so sure about though.
    Nevermind. I didn't see the deleted thread, Sorry.

  22. #22
    scottycards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Staring at 11,468,800 pixels
    Member #
    8135
    Images
    17
    Why can't we collectively get "about the solution" on this issue?

    Someone contact the FS or whatever, and get us a firm, documented answer, instead of pizzing all over each other.

    Val's doing her best, and she does a TON of really good work on our behalf. Like most humans, I'm sure she's made errors (as we all have), and rather than focusing on that, how about someone get us an answer? Totally not cool to tear her up without quantitative data from an authoritative source.

    Actually, totally not cool to tear her up at all. Just post up the facts, and politely let her know there was an error, if in fact there was one.

    Play nice. Works a lot better than infighting.

  23. #23
    NismoFreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Member #
    13537
    Because scottycards she posted on a perfectly proper trip report! She bashed us as wheelers and insisted we were off trail something I'd call public humiliation. Just because someone is a do-gooder doesn't mean they have the right to wrongfully accuse other people. I am a responsible wheeler and will not stand for someone bashing me and my friends when we are innocent.

    Why do WE have to prove ourselves innocent because an outsider throws a sloppy foul flag!! I think the person who cries foul should have to do the research and make sure it's off trail before they stain some one else's trip report!!

    The polite way would have been to send a PM to the poster asking if "he/she" was sure it was an on trail picture!!
    Last edited by NismoFreak; July 15th, 2011 at 01:08 PM.

  24. #24
    scottycards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Staring at 11,468,800 pixels
    Member #
    8135
    Images
    17
    Dude, take a breath.

    The indignation isn't helping anything. She's NOT an "outsider". In fact, she's about as much of an "insider" on the topic as anyone here.

    We need to stick together on this kind of thing. Call up the FS, send them your pics, get a ruling, and post it up. I don't see the big deal. You'll have the personal satisfaction of being right, and you'll help us all out be getting some clarification around the issue.

    I'm sorry you got called out. Now it's up to you to let us know you were in the right. Getting all twisted up about it isn't helping, and Val has proven (many times over), that she's out there doing a lot of work on our behalf(s).

    Attacking someone who helps us and our hobby isn't particularly helpful, that's all I'm saying. Responding rationally and cooly with facts would absolutely be helpful.

    Killer photo of LHC Carnage in your avatar, btw. I used to love that spot.

  25. #25
    Wally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Snowmass Village / Grand Junction, CO
    Member #
    1668
    Images
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by NismoFreak View Post
    The polite way would have been to send a PM to the poster asking if "he/she" was sure it was an on trail picture!!
    100% agree. I once posted a pic of me off trail and I honestly did not know I was off the trail. A member politely pointed out I was in a pm, I immediately removed the pic and we all lived happily ever after

  26. #26
    Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Member #
    1692
    Images
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    Now it's up to you to let us know you were in the right.
    So much for innocent until proven guilty.

  27. #27
    cheftyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Member #
    8454
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NismoFreak View Post
    Because scottycards she posted on a perfectly proper trip report! She bashed us as wheelers and insisted we were off trail something I'd call public humiliation. Just because someone is a do-gooder doesn't mean they have the right to wrongfully accuse other people. I am a responsible wheeler and will not stand for someone bashing me and my friends when we are innocent.

    Why do WE have to prove ourselves innocent because an outsider throws a sloppy foul flag!! I think the person who cries foul should have to do the research and make sure it's off trail before they stain some one else's trip report!!

    The polite way would have been to send a PM to the poster asking if "he/she" was sure it was an on trail picture!!
    Ben, chill. You know, just like everyone else on here does, that the anti-OHV people don't give a rat's arse whether you were on trail or not. If it even looks remotely like it could be off trail they'll use it at some point (and no one but you will care that it actually was on trail). Yeah it's crap, yeah it's wrong, but it's how it is. Now, did Val jump the gun? Yup. Is she human? Yup. Has she done more than anyone you know to help the OHV community? Yup. Deep breath, bro. Try a PM to her to explain in calm, rational, writing that she was mistaken.
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

  28. #28
    Jefe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Not Close Enough to CO
    Member #
    3228
    Images
    6
    Stoopid internets

  29. #29
    So because someone represents a "good group", they get a hall pass on how they treat people? How about all parties go to PM's instead of trying to call people out on the boards and in public? Deliver the same message to all instead of treating one group of people better then others.

  30. #30
    cheftyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Member #
    8454
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snotty View Post
    How about all parties go to PM's instead of trying to call people out on the boards and in public? Deliver the same message to all instead of treating one group of people better then others.
    This.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •