Tony Stewart is a hack

That is all.
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Tony did what he was supposed to do and so did Kyle... Kyle blocked.. You CAN NOT go below the yellow.. Now I would have LOVED to see shrub win but you have to admit that was a great finish.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Bilbo Baggins
    September 22nd, 1401 SR

Any jacka$$ can crash the guy in front of him, it takes a real driver to make a clean pass. Kyle made the clean pass (with some help), Tony should have been able to do the same with help from JJ. He knew he was wrong and you could tell in the interview. Thats OK, when it comes to chase time and the situation is reversed no one will think twice about turning Tony. Eventually someone will get killed, hell of a car to walk away from that, 4 hard hits.

Member #
    Images
    I dont like either of em, actually I despise them both. Stewart was there, kyle tried to block and ran over tony, thats what I saw anyway, bush turned himself... I only wish they had both crashed out..
    Tired of being tired.

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
    --Robert Heinlein

PROUD PARENT OF A UNITED STATES MARINE!!! Sleep Well America, My Marine Has Got Your Back... Proud Parent of a Sailor, in the United States Navy.......

Lunatic? just call me the duece

Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Any jacka$$ can crash the guy in front of him, it takes a real driver to make a clean pass. Kyle made the clean pass (with some help), Tony should have been able to do the same with help from JJ. He knew he was wrong and you could tell in the interview. Thats OK, when it comes to chase time and the situation is reversed no one will think twice about turning Tony. Eventually someone will get killed, hell of a car to walk away from that, 4 hard hits.
    NO of course if the situation was reversed Tony will hit that wall.. Please tell me if you have position and your nose on the inside you going to let Kyle block and have the position back? please..... And since you CANT GO BELOW THE YELLOW LINE LIKE I SAID BEFORE you're going to go for a ride.. If you want to blame anyone blame NASCAR for the rule YOU CAN"T GO BELOW THE YELLOW LINE... Thats what causes wreck like tonight and Kezlowlawski/edwards at talladega in Arpil... Just incase you missed it. let me say it one more time... NOw READ with me here.. Slowly if you need too. YOU CAN NOT GO BELOW THE YELLOW LINE.

Member #
    Images
    You're right, Shrub IS a hack.

Bahhhhh, the kid wrecked himself.

Quote Originally Posted by _CJ View Post
    Your right! I am sure the shot in the drivers rear corner through the turn over the bumps had nothing to do with it.

I understand that you cant pass below the line, there is alot of track above the line. A real driver could make the pass clean on the outside with a drafting partener. Ever watch M Martin, now theres a real driver, able to win without intentionally taking the guy in front of him out. But spinning the guy your trying to pass is the easy way and untill NASCAR does something about it drivers with real skill are a dying breed.

Anyone who has ever raced knows the difference between a truly talented driver or better car and a hack with no pride who will do anything to win.

Member #
    Images
    WOW did you guys watch? Tony had the better car folks. He had the pass, kyle did what kyle does, and paid the price. Its about time someone put his ass in the wall. Well done Tony!

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    WOW did you guys watch? Tony had the better car folks. He had the pass, kyle did what kyle does, and paid the price. Its about time someone put his ass in the wall. Well done Tony!
    I think NF watched a different race is all... Tony had his nose in there. Kyle attempted to block.. You have to try and block. Even MM would have blocked. I guess NF likes second place.

Sure looked like Shrub did it to himself for the most part, he went to block, but Tony was already there. It was racing, noone did anything intentional, there were racers going for a win, not to lose.

Fans bitch that they want drama, but when something happens, they bitch that So and So did this when they should not have or So and So should have done something else. where is NASCAR, how come they did not do anything, how come they jumped on So and So.

Oh, I saw NOTHING about the YELLLOW LINE on that last lap that caused and Issue, maybe NASCAR should bring the yellow line higher up so they cant drive 4 wide. Oh wait, maybe they should lower it so they can drive 8 wide. Maybe we should have 4 wide restarts, no wait we need single file restarts. Oh for the safety of the drivers they need restictor plates to slow the cars down so they dont go airbourn, but I want to see them go 300 MPH. Random drugs tests to keep everyone safe, but lets not say what is invalid drugs and so on and so on.

All I saw was racing for a change, nothing about rules to get in the way on this. But I'm old and blind

Member #
    Images
    Yup, it was 100% his fault. If you try to block someone who's already got his nose ahead of your rear bumper, you're gonna wreck yourself.

Yup.. I saw no one do anything wrong and everyone do every thing they were supposed to do. Just wish Kyle would have won.....=)

Your right! I am sure the shot in the drivers rear corner through the turn over the bumps had nothing to do with it.

I understand that you cant pass below the line, there is alot of track above the line. A real driver could make the pass clean on the outside with a drafting partener. Ever watch M Martin, now theres a real driver, able to win without intentionally taking the guy in front of him out. But spinning the guy your trying to pass is the easy way and untill NASCAR does something about it drivers with real skill are a dying breed.

Anyone who has ever raced knows the difference between a truly talented driver or better car and a hack with no pride who will do anything to win.
    From Days of Thunder:

Harry Hogge: Cole, you're wandering all over the track!
    Cole Trickle: Yeah, well this son of a bitch just slammed into me.
    Harry Hogge: No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin'.

From Days of Thunder:

Harry Hogge: Cole, you're wandering all over the track!
    Cole Trickle: Yeah, well this son of a bitch just slammed into me.
    Harry Hogge: No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin'.
    Spoken like two hollywood characters who have never been in the drivers seat for real.

Yeah rubbing is racing, performing a pit manuver on someone in the middle of a corner at 180mph is not rubbing.

I guess I did watch a different race than the rest of you. The crash I saw started when Tony hit Kyle in the corner, Kyle was sideways headed for the infield then overcorrected and came up the track in front of Tony and got spun all the way. In the corner Tony had a choice; use his momentum to hit and spin Kyle, or use his momentum to make a clean pass on the outside. I guess if you havent driven you wouldnt understand

Spoken like two hollywood characters who have never been in the drivers seat for real.

Yeah rubbing is racing, performing a pit manuver on someone in the middle of a corner at 180mph is not rubbing.

I guess I did watch a different race than the rest of you. The crash I saw started when Tony hit Kyle in the corner, Kyle was sideways headed for the infield then overcorrected and came up the track in front of Tony and got spun all the way. In the corner Tony had a choice; use his momentum to hit and spin Kyle, or use his momentum to make a clean pass on the outside. I guess if you havent driven you wouldnt understand
    Are you sure you should be watching NASCAR? Seems open wheel racing might be more to your liking

Member #
    Images

Watch it again, tony didnt come down, bush went up the track...

Member #
    Images

Hahaha, I drove for a long time, and pretty damn well I might add. Ive raced in Mo, Fl, Tn, Ms, and with a bit of luck, will be racing here in Co in the not to distant future. Like I said, I dont like either of those two. but they both can drive, However, they are two peas in a pod, both have a tendency to be overly aggressive, to the point of being a danger to other drivers on the track. So why doesnt nascar step in?? Well because it makes a show, and keeps people watching. Frankly Nascar has been pussified enough already, time was somebody that acted like that, would find themselves piled in the wall in the first 50 laps of every event they went to, and nascar would quietly never notice why.. Nope KB got exactly what he deserved, My only regret, is that stewart didnt take the ride to the wall with him...

I see few here do understand racing and a few who don't... You all figure it out..

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by starbreaker666 View Post
    I see few here do understand racing and a few who don't... You all figure it out..
    Shrub's an idiot. Nothing more to figure out.

Like I said.. some here understand racing and some don't.....................Obviously..=P

Member #
    Images
    Wanna compare who's watched more races, who's been to more races, or any other similar statistic? I'm game if you're willing to put $$$ on it.

Member #
    Shoot Steve watched Fireball Roberts and Lee Petty
    Wandering in the wilderness.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Shoot Steve watched Fireball Roberts and Lee Petty
    Not quite, but I've listened to a lot of NASCAR races on radio before they televised them.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Not quite, but I was involved in alot of Flinstone races back in Bedrock

No offense to anyone but I think one 25 lap main worth of experience trumps any amount of listening or watching on TV.

Yeah, Kyle has used the bumper alot in the past, he seemed to learn how that can come back to haunt you in the chase last year. I thought Tony was starting to get better now that he is paying for cars. Any bets on how this will play out during the chase this year?

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post

I think we're gonna go to the November Phoenix race again this year, you coming?

No offense to anyone but I think one 25 lap main worth of experience trumps any amount of listening or watching on TV.

Yeah, Kyle has used the bumper alot in the past, he seemed to learn how that can come back to haunt you in the chase last year. I thought Tony was starting to get better now that he is paying for cars. Any bets on how this will play out during the chase this year?
    Oh I see... you think you're the only one to sit in a seat... I see now where you are coming from.

Member #
    Images
    If it's in the same series, maybe. Does that mean you've raced in NASCAR's top category?

I'll compare that record too.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post

I think we're gonna go to the November Phoenix race again this year, you coming?

Count us in mang!

Not saying im the only one or even the most experienced, just saying if you have sat in the seat you know the decision that was made, and that you cant learn that from the TV only from the seat.

And that is why Tony made the right choice.. You must like second place.

Gee while we are comparing experience, can I count my time in the drivers seat too?
    I did hold a NHRA COMPETITION LICENSE for many years, does that count

Member #
    Images
    Regardless of who has seat time or who has been a NASCAR fan the longest, the video doesn't lie. Tony's nose was ahead of Kyle's rear quarter and Kyle came up the track sealing his own fate. Steward had the position and shrub drove into him, not the other way around.

Watch the video at nascar.com NF if you need to. It's quite obvious.

Yes it's obvious to most but apparently not all...

I don't care what type of racing it is....rubbin' is racing. If you've been there you should know. If you want to cry about how it shouldn't happen, you either haven't been there long enough or you need to take up golf.
    Last edited by _CJ; July 6th, 2009 at 06:40 PM.

Member #
    Images
    I don't care what type of racing it is....rubbin' is racing. If you've been there you should know. If you want to cry about how it shouldn't happen, you either haven't been there long enough or you need to take up golf.
    Hey, I resent that! We had a hell of a race down the fairway in Mexico once on the golf course. Some drunk jackass (not me, the other drunk jackass) tried to get a fender in under my rear tires, and I had to dump him out into the cactus and rattlesnakes around the 150 marker.........

We laughed for hours after that. He was part of our foursome. Clearly, he didn't know who he was tangling with!