Member #

Impeding traffic law

Colorado needs this bad!

Mike Merrifield
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

I like how they drive in Texas. They keep their speed up, just pulling half off the road in a clear spot, allowing you to pass.

I wave or hit the hazards for a couple of blinks and off I go.
    Hope, line and sinker.

Hows that hopey changey thing working for you?

Member #
    that would be awesome.

They also need to start ticketing left lane slow drivers. Colorado law stated that the left lane is for passing only, when the speed limit is 65 and up.
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants…” — Thomas Jefferson in “Commonplace Book,” 1774-1776

When I was in Denver a while back I was going 5 over the limit in the RH lane and impeding traffic. After two narrow escapes I picked it up to 10 over and everything quieted down. Didn't bother me, just was surprised police let that go.

Umm? Back in 1986/87 they made a law, here in Colo, that stated if you held up three or more vehicles below the posted speed limit you could be ticketed for "impeding traffic". This law included farm vehicles and I saw it enforced once shortly after it was put inot law. I was following a tractor, along with a few others, going west on WCR 2 between Lochbouie and Brighton. Next thing I know there is a police cruiser passing everyone w/ their emergency lights on. Eventually stoping the tractor. So if the law already exists then why would we need a new one? Was that law removed from the books when we weren't paying attention?

A friend of mine got a ticket for impeding traffic in CO once before so I can vouch for it being there. He was on a 50cc dirt bike on Arapahoe Rd.
    "When Murphy wrote his law he was thinking of YOU" - JRVYota
    '91 XJ, BLOWN 335K 4.0L, D44/D60, 4.56', Detroits, 4/6", 33/1250BFGAT's, EXO RIP
    '02 JBody Cavalier 3800 Series II SC@12psi...2600Lb

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gumcrew2 View Post
    A friend of mine got a ticket for impeding traffic in CO once before so I can vouch for it being there. He was on a 50cc dirt bike on Arapahoe Rd.
    Right now its up to the officers discretion. The change will be 5 cars behind you without yielding and its a mandatory (or some other wording) ticket.

Member #
    Images
    So as long as you're doing the speed limit, it doesn't matter how many people are behind you, right?
    "Those who stir the chit pot should have to lick the spoon."

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayes View Post
    that would be awesome.

They also need to start ticketing left lane slow drivers. Colorado law stated that the left lane is for passing only, when the speed limit is 65 and up.
    Why should they enforce that any more strickly than they enforce the speed limit? The speed limit is Colrado law as well, isn't it?
    Nothin' fancy, just plain ol' me.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayes View Post
    that would be awesome.

Point of technicality, it's for any road with a posted limit GREATER than 65.
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

Member #
    Images
    I voted NO,, its a bullshit law. We dont need more laws, we need enforcement of the ones that are already there. We also should be trying to get laws off the books, not add to them..
    Tired of being tired.

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
    --Robert Heinlein

PROUD PARENT OF A UNITED STATES MARINE!!! Sleep Well America, My Marine Has Got Your Back... Proud Parent of a Sailor, in the United States Navy.......

Lunatic? just call me the duece

Member #
    Images
    Since I have to go a minimum of 50 or more miles to get to 4 lane roads, I am all for it. You can't legislate common sense and courtesy though. If this law even worked once in a while i would like it.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CLYDE View Post
    I voted NO,, its a bullshit law. We dont need more laws, we need enforcement of the ones that are already there. We also should be trying to get laws off the books, not add to them..
    x2!
    '85 RamCharger-
    4.56's, 37's, Spooled 14 bolt, 8 lug convert, mean 360
    '7X dodge something... got the engine and axles
    need the car...

Speed limit on I-25 through Denver is 65. What really pisses me off is when I'm in the left lane and running 75-80 so I don't have to deal with the slower traffic in the right lanes, and there's always gotta be some asshole on my tail that's pissed at ME because I'M not going fast enough to suit HIM. So I'm expected to move over behind the slower traffic so Mr. Race Car Driver can go 5mph faster than me. Fawk 'im, he can go around me on the right if he wants to go faster than the 10-15mph I'm already going over the limit.
    1956 CJ5
    Stored indoors for last 30 years :D , under restoration.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rondog View Post
    Speed limit on I-25 through Denver is 65. What really pisses me off is when I'm in the left lane and running 75-80 so I don't have to deal with the slower traffic in the right lanes, and there's always gotta be some asshole on my tail that's pissed at ME because I'M not going fast enough to suit HIM. So I'm expected to move over behind the slower traffic so Mr. Race Car Driver can go 5mph faster than me. Fawk 'im, he can go around me on the right if he wants to go faster than the 10-15mph I'm already going over the limit.

So do you get pissed off when you're running 10-15mph over the speed limit & run up behind somebody only doing 5mph over the speed limit & won't pull over? Just asking.....
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county.

Member #
    Images
    I'm with rondog. And actually, I often have a moment of annoyance when I get held back. I always forcibly quell it if I'm still going no more than 5 under the limit and/or still overtaking the traffic to the right.
    tummy-tucked 2005 LJ rubi softtop on 1"BL/MML(for TT),3.5" SA, 35x12.5-15.
    Loon 42
    Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post
    I say some stupid sh!t here.