Thread: Carrie's 92 YJ

Carrie's 92 YJ

I bought the rig in October of 2005. Wally came home with a 92 YJ that had a 4" lift, 35x12.5-15 Procomp Mud Terrains, and a dana 30/35 with 4.10's and a newer 98 Motor in, i ended up begging him to sell it to me for what he paid and i began to build it to where it is now with the help of my father, my brother, Wally and a few others along the way.

Driveline:
    - 1998 TJ 4.0L High Output motor
    - AX-15 Manual 5spd Tranny
    - Atlas 5.0 with the shorty tail housing and 32 spline outputs
    - 1310 Tom Woods CV Rear Driveshaft & Non CV 1310 front
    - 74 Ford High Pinion Dana 44, 5.13's, Full case Detroit locker, T&T Truss, Yukon Shafts and Yukon superjoints.
    - 98 Ford Explorer 8.8 rear axle with factory 5.13's, full case Detroit Locker & CODE 4x4 8.8 Truss

Suspension:
    - T&T Coil Conversion up front with Bilstien 5100 14" Travel shocks, and mastercraft limiting straps
    - 4" Alcan Spring Under rear springs with a 1/2" lift shackle

Wheels/Tires:
    - 15x9 MRT Beadlocks with 37x12.5-15 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's

Other Misc:
    - Warn XD9000i Winch
    - Custom Roll Cage
    - 1 ton steering
    - PSC Rear corner guards
    - Dodge Neon SRT Racing seats
    - Warn front bumper with Currie rear bumper/tire carrier and full size spare
    - Girly flower stickers so my husband is reminded this rig is MINE

October 2005 the day Wally brought her home

My first trip out, a few days later after we ditched the Dana 35 rear in lieu of an 8.8 from an explorer. Should have known better letting Wally spot me.

My attempt at looking sexy with my new rig

The black wheels and bald procomps where the first thing to go after that wheeling trip & where promptly replaced with some factory jeep 15x7 Steel wheels, 35x12.5-15 Wrangler MT/R's and 1.5" wheel spacers

Winter 2006/2007, my father and I decided it was time to upgrade the susp on the jeep and give the T&T Coil Conversion a shot and install some 37's and beadlocks on the rig.

Currently as of Summer 2008 i'm still running that set up through trails like Indy, Holy Cross, Billings, 21 Road and many others

Updated pics since swapping out the 30 for the HP44

Last edited by Carrie; January 20th, 2010 at 07:21 AM.