Member #
    Images

Naked women in trucks.

Personally I support it. However I could see it being a safety issue.

Btw did anyone else go to the Fillmore for the NOFX show?

Really good show, they opened with The Decline. Oh the way back was cool too. lol
    Last edited by Ghettojeep; May 4th, 2008 at 07:28 AM.
    I'd walk through Hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball. - Pete Rose

Member #

Thought I would do it before anyone else.

Pilot

"Have a little faith baby. Have a little faith."
    Oddball - "Kelly's Heroes"

Damn, I wish I knew about that show. I saw them back in 98 in Belgium. Dance Hall Crashers opened for them. Great show.

I was there. Two people back from the front when the started. It was nuts for like 20 minutes before they even came on stage. Moshing, crowd surfing, etc etc before the lights even went off. I have bruises all over my back and my shoulder is out of whack. Was pretty good, I'm definitely gettin to old for that though.

Rancid will be here in July. Anyone going to be going? We should get a meeting point or something to get trashed before the show if anyone else is going.
    It's almost as if our society values opinions more than it values knowledge

Member #
    Images
    Yeah, I wasn't in the pit, didn't feel like putting up with it. That was about my 12th time or so seeing NOFX.

Them opening with The Decline was awesome. They don't play that one live a whole bunch since it's 20 minutes long.

I may be going to rancid, haven't decided yet, and Pennywise is there next Wed. They're always a good show, but I just saw them last summer, I'm scheduled that night to work but I can always get it off.

I'm still undecided about Warped Tour, it's turned into such a shit show now, I was going to that 15 years ago, it was cool then, not so much now.

Although I would like to go just to see Against Me! I missed that show at the Aggie. They are one of the only newer punk bands that I actually like.

The gf is begging me to go to pennywise. Which means we'll probably end up going there.

And ditto on the warped tour. I'll be going specifically to just see Against Me. Though there are some other alright/decent bands there, so if they're there after I show up, and not on at the same time as against me - i'll wander over and watch em.

Member #
    Images
    I've seen AM 2 times, they put on a great live show. I might do the same thing. I saw the list and there are a couple of bands I like playing on the smaller stages I just hate putting up w/ the romper room antics of that place.

Last year was pretty sweet though, I went specifically to see Bad Religion and Pennywise. Then checked out Killswitch Engage, which was one of my buddy's bands he wanted to see. They're pretty badass, more hardcore then punk.

I've seen the list for Warped, and I'm not all that impressed. But we'll see.

However, I do want to go to the 311/Snoop show. 311 is awesome live, their new recorded stuff is pretty lame, but they still throw down live.

Member #
    Images
    Dude I was out with Kramer last night, and he had been in the pit on Friday, and his back and arms were fooked. Like, bruised to hell.
    Making progress on the big build.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trango View Post
    Dude I was out with Kramer last night, and he had been in the pit on Friday, and his back and arms were fooked. Like, bruised to hell.

I was too busy tending to hot girls. Although she can hold her own in the pit. Gotta love punk rock chicks. Am I right or am I right? I'm right

Member #
    Gotta love punk rock chicks. Am I right or am I right? I'm right [/QUOTE]

Hell ya punk rock chicks are hot but I also gotta throw down some love for the rockabilly chicks and the cowgirls (Not the corn fed ones) . Redneck women turn me on.
    Last edited by XJOEX; May 4th, 2008 at 04:59 PM.
    You're in the oilfield now. God stopped at the cattle gaurd!

Member #
    God you guys are old. "Wah, Denver pits are so bad, I'm thinking about skipping warped tour". You serious? What are you, 45? Warped Tour has become a bunch of High School kids with 'something to prove' that it's an Fing Joke. I have YET to be in a bit in CO that holds a candle to the $hit on the WC.

/enjoy the baby pits, kiddos./
    I don't wheel, nor do I pretend to.

Member #
    What happened to the "Naked Women in Trucks" part? I was getting all excited. For fooks sake, does anyone have any pictures already.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    God you guys are old. "Wah, Denver pits are so bad, I'm thinking about skipping warped tour". You serious? What are you, 45? Warped Tour has become a bunch of High School kids with 'something to prove' that it's an Fing Joke. I have YET to be in a bit in CO that holds a candle to the $hit on the WC.

Hahaha, I'm not scared of any pits. I was busy I just got tix to Pennywise fer next weds too. And F you and the "old guy" jokes you whippersnapper.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettojeep View Post
    Hahaha, I'm not scared of any pits. I was busy I just got tix to Pennywise fer next weds too. And F you and the "old guy" jokes you whippersnapper.
    Only thing you were 'busy with' was taking your Ginsana- I wish I could be there for the show, so I can beat you with your own cane, old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post

whaaaaaaa? Reread the thread man. No one complained about warped tour pits. We were discussing the nofx pit, at the filmore. Which you obviously weren't in.

Member #
    Images
    I'll complain about the pits out here, missed NoFx, was playing that night, but since moving out here I haven't been to one good punk show with a decent pit. The last Souls' show wasn't bad, but the only folks who seemed to grasp the concept of a circle pit were the east and west coast transplants that were there, the scene just ain't the same. Ya WC shows are a good time, but punk was born in this country on the east coast and it shows. Go to Jersey, or Boston and those are classy pits. I'm sure you guys like what you have out here, but it's had me staying out of most of the pits the last few years. As far as I'm concerned it's about having a good time, rocking out, and making sure everyone else is having a good time too. Not just pushing people into each other, or trying to squash the people close to the stage in a push, or punching someone in the face because they fell into you. We collectively took care of those sorts back east.

Colorado's got everything else perfect, but I'll miss a good punk show.
    '85 RamCharger-
    4.56's, 37's, Spooled 14 bolt, 8 lug convert, mean 360
    '7X dodge something... got the engine and axles
    need the car...

Member #
    Images
    Yeah, I'm from Chicago, basically circle pits there too. They don't bother me out here, and I go in plenty of them. Just sometimes I'd rather chill a little more then just get soaking hot and sweaty. I missed that Bouncing Souls show, last month or something? I was going to go, but it didn't work out.

Member #
    Images
    Dude ghetto: threadjack - who owned the camo sleeping bag at the condizo? I need to get rid of this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettojeep View Post
    Yeah, I'm from Chicago
    Me too. What a small world.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trango View Post
    Dude ghetto: threadjack - who owned the camo sleeping bag at the condizo? I need to get rid of this thing.
    Lol, that's mine yo, and so was the sony boombox.

Member #
    Images
    Never has a thread with such potential been so full of fail.

Member #
    Images
    STILL no pics????
    Pelosi is bat-shit crazy. I guarantee you she sleeps upside down. - Dennis Miller.

Member #
    Images
    Dude I can get the boombox back! I'll be up in summit one of these days.