Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Who's the mod of the Trail Talk section? I've had 2 posts about an off-road park south of Pueblo get deleted and wanted to know why.
    1984 Toyota 4Runner

[QUOTE=CGuava]I might be brown, but my neck is red on the inside![/QUOTE]

Member #
    Images
    because the offroad park is not a vendor, if they want the plug, and advertising, they can talk to the boss and get on the board.. If it was a run in staging area, would be a different thing. but they dont get free advertising any more than either of the other two parks get.
    Tired of being tired.

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
    --Robert Heinlein

PROUD PARENT OF A UNITED STATES MARINE!!! Sleep Well America, My Marine Has Got Your Back... Proud Parent of a Sailor, in the United States Navy.......

Lunatic? just call me the duece

Quote Originally Posted by CLYDE View Post
    because the offroad park is not a vendor, if they want the plug, and advertising, they can talk to the boss and get on the board.. If it was a run in staging area, would be a different thing. but they dont get free advertising any more than either of the other two parks get.
    Never though about an off-road park as a vendor This place isn't even build yet, I was just trying to get more info if it was actually going to be build, terrain, etc..

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Volcom View Post
    Never though about an off-road park as a vendor
    An off road park that charges admission is a business. Period.

CORE is (or at least was, dunno right now) a vendor, which allowed him to advertise. There have been numerous threads about a new park south of Pueblo here that have been deleted for this very reason. I believe Stumpalump knows about this park and its owner; he was going to talk to them about becoming a vendor. Not sure what became of that. PM him for info.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    An off road park that charges admission is a business. Period.

CORE is (or at least was, dunno right now) a vendor, which allowed him to advertise. There have been numerous threads about a new park south of Pueblo here that have been deleted for this very reason. I believe Stumpalump knows about this park and its owner; he was going to talk to them about becoming a vendor. Not sure what became of that. PM him for info.
    OK going back and reading the 2nd post by Rockstomer, I still don't understand why talking about an off-road park that doesn't even exist yet violates your vendor policy

"Examples:

If I post an ad saying "Check out this new Rockstomper product" with a clicky-link to the page where it is, that's a commercial post. Similarly, "Check out my new website" is also a commercial post--even if my new website doesn't even have product on it. Those posts, being that they're about 4x4-related stuff, can be in the vendor section, only; anywhere else, and they'll be deleted.

If I post a thread of "Check out the progress on such-n-such project", that's generally not regarded as commercial, assuming that it's a 4x4-based project.

If I post a thread saying "Check out this new widget I bought from Snuffleupagus Ent" and a pic, link, info, etc., that's generally not a commercial post, and would be allowed in the appropriate section of the site. If Snuffy Ent.'s widget doesn't fit 4x4's, then the appropriate place for it is ChitChat, or another board entirely."

I never posted a link to a webpage of this off-road park (because they don't even have one yet ). People talk about Jeep, Toyota, Ford, and Int. Scout stuff all the time but they don't have a vendor status

Member #
    Haaaaaaay, where'd MY thread go? anything that i've posted today is gone!

Did i break a rule, offend someone, vote for obama, what???
    ~ Saw it, Wanted it, Had a Fit, GOT IT! ~

The new Poserific Mall Crawler:
    98 ZJ, 2in spacer lift on 31's... she's bangin!!!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    Haaaaaaay, where'd MY thread go? anything that i've posted today is gone!

Did i break a rule, offend someone, vote for obama, what???
    As noted on the first page (post #34):

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Any ebay, CL, etc. advertisment linked in a post anywhere on the board, except in the VIP Forum, gets axed.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cresso View Post
    As noted on the first page (post #34):

ohhhhh...

Member #
    Images
    Clarification from Eric about CL links: They're allowed in the VIP Lounge, and in Classified ads so long as the ad has the necessary information to comply with the rules. If it's just a CL link and price in the ad it will be deleted. CL links anywhere else on the board are not allowed and will be deleted.

Member #
    Images

Issues with supporting vendors???

Where can we post about this?
    83 CJ7 360, 727, Dana 300, D60 front 14 Bolt Rear ARB's

Member #
    Images
    You can post experiences and issues, but you CAN'T simply post a rant. The title of the deleted thread was "Stay away from Crazy Ed's in Colorado Springs." That's not posting about issues or experiences, that's ranting and attempting to hurt a business. There's a very big difference. The deleted thread was, as most of these kinds of threads, very long on opinions and almost totally lacking in facts to back them up.
    Last edited by Steve; May 11th, 2009 at 08:05 AM.

Member #
    Images
    Positive reviews of vendors or their work are NEVER allowed here per Eric. If we allow negative ones, is that fair to the vendor? No, it clearly is not. If a person has a bad experience with a vendor, and 100 people have good ones, should we allow 101 threads about that particular vendor? What purpose could that possible serve? The answer is none.

If a vendor is doing dangerous work and you have photos, post them. If you simply don't like the service from a vendor (supporting or not) DON'T post it as it always turns into bashing and will be deleted.

Lastly, these are Eric's rules. If you don't like them or how they're enforced, feel free to PM or email Eric. Good luck with that.

Member #
    Images
    I'm just trying to get clarification of the rules, since they're rather fuzzy.

I personally have no problems one way or the other as to whether or not vendor reviews are allowed. What I don't understand, is why it's alright to provide facts about a non-supporting vendor (such as the Frank/Tanner thread), but its apparently not okay for a supporting vendor? If someone had receipts, or other supporting evidence, proving that a supporting vendor of CO4x4 was not holding up their end of an agreement, would it be okay to post that information? It's a simple yes or no question, really.

If no negative reviews of supporting vendors are permitted, that's fine - just make it a blatant, stated rule. Don't be all wishy-washy on the subject.

BTW - For those who are interested, hopefully emailing Eric would have better results than PMing him, as he's currently not responding to PM's.

Member #
    Images
    What we've allowed in the past and what I suspect Eric will allow going forward is very specific incidents where a vendor/consumer transaction has gone wrong and the consumer has done everything possible to fix the transaction without reciprocity on the part of the vendor. These steps would have to be documented and presented when the thread is posted. We'd probably lock such a thread down pretty quick to make sure only legitimate information is posted, instead of the usual peanut gallery commentary. We're looking for resolution, not bashing.

The intent here is to ensure that the vendor is not being misrepresented. A little negative feedback can cause a lot of damage to a vendor, yet it may be completely unwarranted. The moderator team is not responsible for verifying the accuracy of consumer claims, so it's usually safer to remove all threads than to assume the truth is being told even though we often only see one side of the story. With enough supporting evidence and in particularly egregious circumstances, we'd let the thread live. Snotty's thread about his T&T suspension problems (and resolution) come to mind.

In this particular case, no evidence was submitted. From a subjective standpoint (unfortunately, all cases will eventually be subjective), not nearly enough was done to rectify the situation before airing dirty laundry.

As always, if the poster disagrees with the mods over a removed thread, the appropriate method for addressing it is to privately contact a mod or Eric.
    Last edited by Cresso; May 10th, 2009 at 10:00 PM.

Member #
    Images
    So why was my Mexican word thread deleted. It wasn't dirty and more tasteful than the MJ jokes thread. Don't get what was wrong with it.
    Thanks

Member #
    Images
    racial jokes dont do well here.

Yep, you got it correct. Any ebay, CL, etc. advertisment linked in a post anywhere on the board, except in the VIP Forum, gets axed.

Update: CL links are allowed in the Classifieds, so long as the Classified forum rules are still followed. Ebay links anywhere outside the VIP Lounge will still be deleted.
    I was looking something that I need, and another person on the board found it when I was unable to on CL, if they are going to send me the link to the posting, should they just do it through a PM then?

Just want to make sure that if I send someone a link like that, that they actually get it as I know that I appreciated the help and I believe that they would as well.

Thanks
    1980 CJ5 - got a lift and some stuff

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cherokeerunner View Post
    I was looking something that I need, and another person on the board found it when I was unable to on CL, if they are going to send me the link to the posting, should they just do it through a PM then?

Just want to make sure that if I send someone a link like that, that they actually get it as I know that I appreciated the help and I believe that they would as well.

Thanks
    Yep, a PM would be the way to go.

I guess promoting a local food business in the general chit chat section is a no no - since my thread went bye bye.
    97 4Runner SR5 :::
    Some lift and stuff...

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo_Risin View Post
    I guess promoting a local food business in the general chit chat section is a no no - since my thread went bye bye.
    You got it, unless they buy a wrench.
    Chester Bullock
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/coskier
    My drone photography - http://instagram.com/codronelife

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoSkier View Post
    You got it, unless they buy a wrench.
    I guess I figured since it WAS NOT a 4x4 related product/service then it didn't compete against paid vendors of the site that it would be fine... I mean a lot of people on here often ask recommendations on where to get a bite to eat. Oh well.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo_Risin View Post
    I guess I figured since it WAS NOT a 4x4 related product/service then it didn't compete against paid vendors of the site that it would be fine... I mean a lot of people on here often ask recommendations on where to get a bite to eat. Oh well.
    Not my policy, and I don't agree with it. Just providing clarification to your question.

So, if I were to ask a generic question about food trucks, you could certainly jump in.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoSkier View Post
    So, if I were to ask a generic question about food trucks, you could certainly jump in.
    No, don't do that, it would still be advertising.

The policy here is that advertising isn't permitted anywhere, except in the vendor forums by registered vendors. They're not even allowed to advertise in other forums. I know CS and others don't agree with that policy, but if we allowed advertising in any forum for any kind of business, this board would quickly become nothing but advertising once companies found out they could join and advertise their services here.

Member #
    Images
    It seems a reminder is in order due to a variety of posts and threads lately. NSFW stuff, whether pics or language, doesn't belong in Chit Chat anywhere.

Member #
    It seems a reminder is in order due to a variety of posts and threads lately. NSFW stuff, whether pics or language, doesn't belong in Chit Chat anywhere.
    I dont have somebody at work telling me what is or isnt safe. Is a girl in a bikini safe for work?
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Images
    depends on the bikini....

Member #
    Images
    and the girl....

Member #
    Images
    Just to get it straight, what exactly is the new bikini policy?
    “The simple minded know many things that the wise ignore”

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog59 View Post
    Just to get it straight, what exactly is the new bikini policy?
    There is no written policy John. If a pic would/could get you in trouble if it was on your computer screen at work and your boss or coworker saw it, it's not allowed here except in the NSFW forum.

Member #
    Images
    There is no written policy John. If a pic would/could get you in trouble if it was on your computer screen at work and your boss or coworker saw it, it's not allowed here except in the NSFW forum.
    Ok, thank you. I did not mean to cross the line. No need to answer my query in the fringe.

Member #
    Images
    If a thread is about what's going on with CO state law or federal law, Chit Chat is fine since it's of more general interest. All other firearm related threads should go in the Firing Range forum.

Member #
    Images
    I don't mind a NSFW link, with a specific note that it is NSFW - that's fine. However, NSFW images that are prominent are what would get me fired if I open it up at my place of employment.
    Making progress on the big build.